OCS Employee Reviews for Stocker

stock counter
Stock Counter (Former Employee) –  Cardiff28 March 2018
I learned how to multiply quickly and use the company stock phones to work out stock data, had to travel to all different stores such as Asda, Tesco, Flannels, Primark, Aldi and more. it wasn't very hard, meeting new people and learning new and completing tasks.
well travelled
stock taking (Former Employee) –  Fife10 December 2017
i enjoyed the job as a whole and travelling to new places each shift. i got to make some friends within the company. the work its self is quite easy to do. the management are not very organised and there are people i did not get along with.
Pros
picked up from door
Cons
zero hour contract
Not great
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2017
I didn't mind this job.
You hardly sleep, you start working at 2am or 4am and you finish around 11am so at least you have the rest of the day

Money is great. £8.00 per hour and you get paid monthly.

The members of staff are very friendly

My driver was awful.
He lied about me and got me to lose my job. just because I didn't fancy him. I lost my job because of him

But other than that if you're looking for a 9 to 5 job this isn't the job for you
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long mornings. No sleep
If your absolutley desperate for money & dont care how your treat for it
Retail stocktaker (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham6 November 2017
Diabolical company no reguard for health & safety, & no respect for workers. Pay is never correct & you have to fight for months to be corrected on a regular basis.
No pay for travel & not enough regular work. Management are rude, arrogant & dont have a problem lying to your face to get what they want out of you then stab you in the back
Absolute joke of a company avoid like the plague if you have any self worth.
Pros
Teams you work with are great to get on with
Cons
Absolutley none
Poor Company, and you never know where your next shift is coming from
Stocktaker (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands10 October 2017
Have been working for OCS since April and have only ever completed 2 shifts because the hrs are all over the place. You either get contacted by the mini bus driver last minute or you make your request known online. You don't get paid to travel and the money you do make is very little for the hours you're actually working rather than traveling.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Organisation
People you work with are ok and welcoming but the company is a joke
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  England5 September 2017
The hours u wake up are ungodly and the team leaders are selfish and don't care for others but if ur after the money and don't care how I get treated the go for it
Terrible
Stock taker (Former Employee) –  South wales21 July 2017
I worked for Ocs for 2 years my advice is to stay away from this company, there is no loyalty to it's staff working conditions are terrible you can travel unpaid for longer than you actually work.
The management are disloyal and use and abuse you then discard you when your no longer needed,if you use your own car to get to shifts you have to wait for the petrol you use,and parking on the most part is not paid, the management are 2 faced and not to be trusted.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
no work as promised
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire6 April 2017
Company is a joke, signed a contract for a 30 hour week spoke to someone on the phone told that I was on a zero hour contract and would be contacted about work still waiting it seems they have there favourites and pick them first ,a waste of space
Cons
no work as promised
Meh
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  South West26 February 2017
I worked for OCS on and off for about 2 and a half years. The worst part about the job was the amount of hours you were travelling to the different jobs around the country and not being paid for.

The hours were unpredictable, some weeks you are very busy, other times (especially around Christmas), there is little to no work on offer.

The work itself wasn't the worst when you actually got on location. It was fairly straightforward and you knew where you stood. Job times ranged from 2 hours to 12 depending on the situation.

This job is ideal for students looking for a little extra income every month, or if you're unemployed and just need to make ends meet whilst you find something that will actually be properly worth your time.

The people and supervisors I worked with were on the whole decent people, you end up working with the same people a lot so you get to know them. The people you meet and work with are without doubt the best part of this role.

Overall, if you can, avoid it, being out of the house for 17 hours and being paid £50 isn't fun. There are plenty of other jobs willing to pay the same in your local areas.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
Unpaid travel hours
Fun Workplace
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 February 2017
OCS is a great place to work, its the kind of job that you can see yourself doing for part time if you're a student. while i was working at OCS i learned that communication with your team members and staff were the key to finishing our tasks which made things a lot easier for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyone is dedicated into work and that there's always someone there to help.
Pros
long lunch brakes
Appalling company
Stock taking (Former Employee) –  South East22 January 2017
Low pay. Terrible hours. Management are so unorganised and lack basic communication skills.
Managers lack professionalism discussing their private lives when trying to discuss work. Swearing at employees. Breach basic health &safety and employment rights in regards to breaks and safety equipment. Avoid, not worth it !
They Do not honour commitments. Change shifts last minute. Put you in danger when driving to jobs in one of their minibuses. No contract. No guarantee of hours. Short change your hours so you have to chase them to put the actual hours you worked. You bid on the hours of the shift that you are willing to do and commit too then find your working a 13 hours plus shift with only a 20 minute break with no possibility of leave until the job is done because people don't turn up for work. Have discussed with ACAS and reported to HSE
Cons
Wow don't even think about working here!! Seriously trust me!!
casual stock taker (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Angus10 January 2017
Avoid at all costs!!! Diabolical, scandalous company!! Treat their staff like a cattle market!! Disgusting to the extreme, I left after 5 minutes of listening to a complete vile creature demoralise the workforce and swearing at us!!!! Good one, I'm worth far more! Inhumane to the extreme!!!
Pros
zilch
Cons
everything -absolutely everything!!
retail stocktaking
retail stocktaker (Current Employee) –  south and south east17 December 2016
I work for OCS for over two years now and I am loving what I do. It can be good pay when there is enough shifts coming in. I have met and made a loads of friends with ocs and I get on well with the team leaders on each shift.
Pros
travelling around different parts of the region
Cons
sometimes not enough shifts for the month
Worst experience of my life
Stock Auditor - Iceland Enfield Branch (Former Employee) –  Enfield26 July 2016
Rubbish management, paid the same for night shifts as they did a day shift, no night shift manager , no communication, no respect, no work ethic, no positivity at all- expected to scan over 2000 items per shift most of which were over 15kgs, and as an
Auditor that finds mistakes resulting in a employees bonus being taken away this pay wasn't enough so a lot of leniency was given - OCS ENFIELD ICELAND BRANCH
Pros
other workmates
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
Hard to judge
retail stock support (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough29 June 2016
With this job you're basically working stupid hours in the morning at any time in basically any part of the world, I enjoyed it at first but then I started doing Ireland shifts and I was being promised extra travel money and food money etc.. To then recieve non of that. It's good for the money and it's good for the people if you're a people person but there's not enough shifts and the work is all over.
Pros
Beats minimum wage every time it increases.
Cons
Sometimes travel 10 hours for a 5 hour shift.. And they don't pay you for travel.
Maximum work for minimum wages
Stocktaker (Current Employee) –  South East20 May 2016
Not a good place to work really. NO travel pay no matter where you have to go to do your stock take. You are treated like a buffoon by most of the people in charge. They rush you through training that is if you are lucky enough to get any at all. You are expected to know your job and hit unreachable targets no matter how well prepped or not the store is.
Pros
None that I have ever found.
Cons
Everything about the job.
one of the worst companies I ever worked for.
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  various but swindon based28 April 2016
When I got this job I was supposed to be a full time 40 hours a week , never done more then 25 , my colleagues were lazy and two faced, the driver was a wannabe manager and the supervisors were arrogant and rude . The hours of work very unsociable and even that they provided transport on a mini bus to and from the work location this were unpaid sometimes travelling 2 hours each way to do a 5 hours shift. My last working night I had an argument with a racist supervisor and I been sacked on the spot without any disciplinary action being taken and to make it worst I been left outside on the freezing cold weather -2 degrees for the all shift as I been refused to stay on the minibus and I was in Reading and I live in swindon I had no means to get home but even so been left out like a dog nearly frozen.
Pros
Cons
working hours, pay, management, supervisors and management
Good Company
Stock Taker (Former Employee) –  UK3 April 2016
Really good company to work with, only downside was the shifts are nowhere near.
my time at the company was good however, I left to focus on college but I would go back to them if I had more free time.
i enjoy it
Stock Taking/Auditor (Current Employee) –  all over the uk1 March 2016
i have just recently started with this compay so far i have no major issues just that we dont get paid for travel and travel can be 3 to 4hours long and long hours of work and travel
could last a whole day going and getting back from work i work with a good group of people friendly great team work
Fun workplace
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Nation wide5 January 2016
I travelled up and down the country doing a production count in large stores. This was a hard and tiring job as there was alot of travel involved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.

OCS Reviews by Location