OCS Employee Reviews for Security Officer

long hours. unprofessional managers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth23 April 2018
no proper training. no professionalism. Let there supervisors get away with what they want. My site treated new staff like rubbish.
the managing director tho is very nice.
Cons
long hour. no warm welcome
Avoid
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge15 February 2018
72 hours a week working 3 day 3 nights, walking over 8 miles a day, supervisors do nothing, manager totally clueless as long he has staff to over the shift he ring at home all hours of the day or night trying to get you to work extra hours. It’s a total joke.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours bad manager
nice area to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London23 November 2017
great place to work,good management and training incentives.good uniforms,good career opportuinities,ability to work at own incentive,good communication facilities.
Poor management
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire21 August 2017
Awful management with a culture of bullying staff into doing overtime and being given tasks that far out reach the job title and spec. Spoken to and treated like a number being told on a regular basis how easily staff can be replaced. Very little communication from operation managers, no family life balance and no room for progression. Nothing in the way of staff benefits and when sick in hospital an area supervisor came to check I was on the ward I said I was because they thought I was lying.
Good move for me
Relief Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Flintshire22 June 2017
I started with this company 3 months ago, just passed probation period and enjoyed the work. As a relief security guard I get to move around from site to site, I have been trained up now on about 6 or 7 different sites, Good training by experienced supervisors which I havent had with other companies. Pay is above min wage, Im on zero hours but get offered work all the time so happy, paid holidays etc. some sites are busier than others but I like being kept busy. prefer this company to others I have woked for
Pros
well organised and lots of work
Cons
None that I can think of
security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  ferry port,portsmouth5 May 2017
check lorry's and cars coming on to site.
check the area you work in.
security checks through out the day in your shift.
long hours unless you are gate gaurd duty which is shift work depends oin boats coming and going through out the day.
Useless company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wales15 April 2017
Worst company in the U.K. Avoid like the plague. Communication in all departments is non existent. Pay always wrong. They simply do not care. Changes things at the last moment.
Pros
Cons
No communication. Uncaring for all employees. Waste of space.
patroling and checking cars
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London7 April 2017
I learnt a whole lot about how to patrol a site what to look out for and how to make a proper security search.Also making sure all cars entering are checked in and out of the building
Great company to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire25 February 2017
I have been with the company for nearly 10 years. I have always been fully supported by my managers, supervisors. I am Tupe-ing over to a new company, only because, there is no work available locally for me. OCS, have been like family to me. I day I am hoping to return where I feel like I belong.
Good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hengoed, Caerphilly25 January 2017
A very good company to work for excellent pay and over time if needed and holidays i have worked with them for a few years and never had a problem with this company
Pros
Execlent company
Not very good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dudley5 October 2016
supervisors haven't a clue neither do operations mangers

no duty of care to there employees

left to rot on sites with out people there to take you off when shift is over

30 MINUTE BREAK !!!! on 12 hour shift
Pros
Cons
30 minutre break
Communication very poor.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winchester21 September 2016
I worked for this company about seven months a complete joke, management communication was terrible, peoples wages wrong every month, dont care about their staff, high turnover of staff, still waiting on my P45 as I left months ago and they never informed payroll, rate of pay for shift work rubbish, they never get back to you when they say they will.
If you do not mind being short on you wages every month sometime by the high hundreds and being ignored then go and work for them.
Pros
The teams I worked with
Joke Security
Relief Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds13 September 2016
I work for OCS on zero hours, and that's what you get. Behind their friendly nature (akin to recruitment consultants), is a joke security firm. Wages are always wrong, they tell you to work without notice and if you say I have plans you won't get any work. They say they pay petrol allowance but don't let you know how. You won't get pay rates for sites like promised. As they ' forget to tell payrol'. Behind their friendly facade is just another cowboy security firm.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
work alone at home office site
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Horsham12 September 2016
Friendly environment 2 officers during day time 1 officer for nights and weekends management leaves you alone mobile supervisor visits site every weekend
Steer Clear
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2016
For anyone wanting a decent company to work for carry on looking this is not the place for you .
Rubbish management structure that's have not got a clue
Lack of interest from management team , for security officers 250 plus working months .
Lack of opportunity to progress .
Cons
Good Place to work Nice People Lots to learn and achieve.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Slough14 August 2016
I enjoy working here the only reason i am willing to leave is to migrate to Wales and start my family life over there. working for ocs is great get to meet a lot of different people and it does have it challenges but also gives plenty of learning.
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North East13 June 2016
STAY CLEAR OCS is not a good place to work you are continually put at risk and hung out to dry management are not helpful you are just a body on site it's hard to get uniform and there is continually problems with payroll promises are never met and there is no support if you are sick you will not get payed extra for overtime but expected and frowned upon if you don't do any.

The job description no way reflex the job

You will be expected to travel in your own time between different sites with very little down time

The vetting process is a joke if you face fits you will pass if not they will use you till the last hour then boot you off site telling you nothing

You will continue to gain extra tasks with management not giving you the opportunity to question this

And all this for £7.20 go and get a paper round it's better payed and you won't have to do 250 hours a month to feed the kids you will never see ( due to the hours working )

THERE IS. PLUS THO WHEN I FIND THIS I WILL PASS IT ON
Pros
Cons
Read the reviews
Don't bother
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  York31 May 2016
Don't bother even applying.
OCS Don't look after employees at all. The pay is rubbish and always long hours. Managers don't have a clue.
Getting uniform is a nightmare and the company don't pass on pay rises given by the client.
Employ monkeys as well that are inadequate to do the job and leaves other team members in vulnerable position
Pros
Good set of lads to work with on team
overall work experience
security officer (Current Employee) –  York22 May 2016
very good set off staff and management, work alot of hours and dont really spend much time with family as working 7 days on 12 hour shifts with 3 days off then another set of 7 12 hour shifts with 4 days off, ideal for a single person not so good for a family man, i learned about how many different people have different experiences in life and that everyone is different in there own unique way, the hardest part of my job is i have a young family and i dont have time with them, and when i do get days off to spend with them im constantly tired.
Pros
26 days holiday for full time workers also a very steady income and safe job
Cons
long hours, long stints of work
nice working envirounment.
Security Officer/mobile patrol (Current Employee) –  Central London31 January 2016
OCS is one company that has that friendly atmosphere everyone would want to work.i have worked with OCS before for about 3yrs and now am back because of the relationship i had with them.actually,i never left,it was a TUPE over,and that's why,when the chance to work with them came along i jump at the opportunity because of their man management.very professional and you are not treated as just a number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.

OCS Reviews by Location