OCS Employee Reviews for Cleaner

My first proper job
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Swansea17 June 2018
OCS cleaning services was my first proper job since leaving school. . was hard at first as had a very early start but once i found got used to it i found it really fun.

My area manager was a fun guy and for the most part left me and my cleaning partner/trainer alone, only coming at the end of our shift to make sure our cleaning was up to OCS standards.
A bad company to work for
Domestic cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 June 2018
Do not work for this company, I was with them for two years, they started me off on a bank Contract and I was working 21 hours a week, I was previously working 11-2 in day time but because I had child problems they switched me to evenings at a different place which I had to catch two buses too, and got someone else for my day job without any notice.
They also switched me to a 14.5 hour contract without notice which I lost 9 hours a week.... If you work for this company make sure you can manage because they will mess you about, it's horrible and the supervisor wasn't understanding at all!!!!
Pros
Cons
Short contract
Terrible company
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Merseyside4 May 2018
Horrific company that illegally does not include regular overtime in holiday pay.
Managers only have time for their favourites
Punished if you speak up for your rights
Never get an answer from hr
very good company
Cleaner Operative (Current Employee) –  Cornwall2 May 2018
from day one i was treated fairly and given training overtime if necessary. covering at other sites if wanted. work on my own in the building and area supervisor is always at the end of a phone and calls down regularly
Pros
overtime.always available
Professional and Organized
Early Morning Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk22 April 2018
I cleaned for three hours a day, Monday to Friday, from 5am till 8am, working in a giant office building. I was with this company for just over two months.

A routine day at work would consist of a deep clean on one floor, which would include dusting and spot cleaning of the desks, then I would vacuum all floors.

Despite the early morning shift, not getting sufficient amounts of sleep (because I have an evening job as well), and noticing a decrease in my wellbeing because of it, I still enjoyed the job.

Staff and management were friendly. My line manager was open and willing to listen to any problems that I had (not that I had many to speak of). But there was a work colleague who would talk negatively behind almost everyone's back.

Management also handled things in a professional manner. We had plenty of team meetings, pretty much once a week, where we would be informed of changes, and any problems that needed addressing. However I do think we had way too many of them; some I thought were a little unnecessary.

I was fully trained, and I received a full induction on my first day.

Another issue I had was with the clock in/clock out system. For one they kept changing our pass-codes, so we had to keep memorizing new ones, after just getting used to the old. Also for a while at the start, I had to wait for a supervisor to let me in, as I had not yet received my pass. And sometimes I would be let in with a few minutes before the start of the shift, but by the time I clocked in, it would be a couple of minutes past five. And if you clock in at say 5:01, you would be
  more... deducted five minutes of work time from your wages. This was not my fault, and I do not think it was ever corrected, despite me addressing it to my supervisors.

The hardest part of the job was the early start. But it was the kind of hours I was looking for, so I would not rate the job negatively for that.

The most enjoyable part of the job was joking around with some of my colleagues. The office staff were also nice.
Pros
Full training and induction, Friendly line manager, Good pay
Cons
Too many meetings, Harsh clock in/clock out system
Bad company!
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cornwall20 April 2018
This company don't give you the proper training unless you ask for it, then they fire you when you 'miss things' or don't do a good enough job! They also tell you to speed up all the time!
There is also a lot of back stabbing between colleagues which all goes back to the area manager!
Pros
Pay always on time and never usually wrong, you get to leave early every day!
Cons
Not enough training, rude, will talk behind your back
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire17 April 2018
Friendly company, easy to work with and very helpful towards you and get the PPE that you need and points in the right direction on the job training with great benefits
Great had a good time working there but not the best
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  London, England10 April 2018
Great time working mot the best but was fun and was not the best salary but it was ok and pretty cool otherwise work and salary were 7/10 and staff were pretty nice and polite.
hard place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 March 2018
have to be there really really early straight to work doing all kinds don't stop barely ever get shifts just like another cog in a machine that can be replaced as long as the works done they don't care about how you feel
Let me down big time
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Liverpool1 March 2018
Was working for echo areana OCS cleaning the management was poor and they expect 6 cleaners to pick and mop every tier in the areana within a 6 hour shift from 12pm until 6am, this is much of a struggle with just 6 people and our jobs would be threatened if we missed cups or didn't mop the spill correctly due to the ale being heavy for the mopping soap to pick up but the pay was goo unfortunately when my baby was born they got rid of me so it left me in a hard situation to provide for the baby and mother
Pros
Long breaks and good pay
Cons
Not enough workers, too much workload, jobs getting threatened constantly and spoke to like your dirt on there shoe
Great company
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 February 2018
Great company to work for my 1st Superviser was great 2 nd thought he owned the place and brought his problems to work and took his moods out on the staff , always on the phone was nice when it suited
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Gaydon2 February 2018
its a good place to work its has lots of friendly people lots of pressure high standard cleaning and most important it has a good place to work and to learn more things
Was fun to work with this company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 November 2017
I liked working for ocs u eaither work on ur own or with a team witch i enjoyed company is very polite get treated well would recommend ocs to amy8if there looking for a job
Okay
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Taunton30 October 2017
The people I worked with were friendly and helpful and the upper levels of management appeared incompetent and did not care about the staff working there.
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redcar24 October 2017
Driving staff around site.
Done IOSH course and PAT testing course.
Great place to work.
Staff were great to work with.
Management where there when needed.
Pros
Helpful Management
Enjoyable
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire11 October 2017
I really enjoyed this job unfortunately the contract was taken over by a different company and I left as I felt the new management was not good enough.
Pros
The people you work with
Fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 September 2017
Very good company.. enjoyed working for them ..havent seen anything bad .money was good and kind people . I would love to work for the company again .
It was ok
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chepstow15 September 2017
Not bad job fair pay and the workers there are friendly. Pay wasnt always on time but when spoken to with manager they sorted it no problems. Would work again.
A good First Job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon23 August 2017
I found that working within OCS was very helpful in terms of working around college and allowed me to build up confidence at a younger age by giving me responsibility over an entire office floor in terms of cleaning.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
not a long term job
Great job
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Ocs Surrey28 July 2017
Great place to work,everyone is friendly Ocs would answer any questions i may of had made some great friends there sorry had to leave due to being made redundant
Pros
Benefits, good hours
Cons
Unpaid lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.