OCS Employee Reviews in London

complete sucky company avoid at all costs
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London2 October 2018
tuped to them by mistake, most clueless company i ever met , no idea bout the security busimess, company started first as cleaning company , staff are liars and inept undertrained and focused on saving money to save contracts
do not trust them in any way what so ever, they are abismall and i found being employed by them a degrading depressing experience, problems with getting uniform 7 months later no uniform , nonhelp asked three times , terrible with wage enquiries, low levels of performance and non existant duty of care
Pros
Cons
nothing but
Productive and simple
Stock Scanner (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2018
Typically can be long days and travelling quite for to reach the destination, i learned about counting and organizing products. what could be better is the pay and the hours.
No redeeming qualities whatsoever
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
An absolutely abysmal company to work for. The hours are terrible, the pay is laughable and there are no benefits and no perks. Overtime (including Sundays) is paid at the normal (minimum wage) rate. The management are completely devoid of all compassion regarding work/life balance etc and seem to think they own your soul once you've signed a contract. Terrible. Don't do it.
Pros
Cons
Plenty. Some listed here.
Great had a good time working there but not the best
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  London, England10 April 2018
Great time working mot the best but was fun and was not the best salary but it was ok and pretty cool otherwise work and salary were 7/10 and staff were pretty nice and polite.
Nice
Steward (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2018
Very nice place to work at since the job roles are balanced due to having enough staff to cover people's shifts to give them breaks from time to time.
Pros
free food, and break
Cons
Long hours, mostly boring just stadning
0 hours contract company
Carder and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London and East12 April 2018
If you are after a zero hours contract and you are just looking for a bit of work to fill a bit of spare time them yes, go work for this company......
Pros
0 hours contract
Cons
0 hours contract
AVOID OCS!! Never work for them!!!
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London7 May 2016
I was taken on as a Logistics Supervisor which is basically a minibus driver. I would have to pick up several people and drive for up to 2 hours to a Tesco superstore/extra/metro for us to start at 4am. I was so tired after that drive and had to do a scan/count at a fast pace to get to 2000+ items an hour.

I was sacked due to low productivity even though I worked as hard and fast as possible.

They want robots not humans.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, cold, rude management
Not great
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2017
I didn't mind this job.
You hardly sleep, you start working at 2am or 4am and you finish around 11am so at least you have the rest of the day

Money is great. £8.00 per hour and you get paid monthly.

The members of staff are very friendly

My driver was awful.
He lied about me and got me to lose my job. just because I didn't fancy him. I lost my job because of him

But other than that if you're looking for a 9 to 5 job this isn't the job for you
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long mornings. No sleep
Steward Event
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 October 2017
i gained how to deliver great customer service. the hardest part is that you need to stand in one position for long hours. The most enjoyable part is when you meet new people.
Productivity and fun workplace
SIA Steward (Casual Worker) (Current Employee) –  london3 September 2013
I rate OCS as an organisation that give you the opportunity to be the best you can be in the line of doing your job. They have a bottom up approach to management which makes it easier for you to do you r job with confidence and with the knowledge that you will be support as you get on. AT OCS you are always monitored by your supervisor and he/she makes sure you are ok and get your breaks in time because the shifts are quite long.
Colleagues are also very professional and supportive and everybody pulls their weight.. The hardest part of the job is the standing; you feet is hurting after 11 hours standing. Being and event oriented work, you get to meet a lot of -people from different background and people and mostly generally very nice.
Pros
we get free lunches
Cons
breaks are short and cut into 15 or 30 mins
Overall reception work is great.
Head Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London, ENG15 July 2015
set up reception for the day set out all visitors passes for the day,
Log on to switchboard. Dealing with emails booking in visitors.
standing in for the contract manager when he is on leave. which entails looking after the building and cleaners.
Receive visitors and direct them to the visitor waiting area for collection from the host.
Contact host.
Take calls from switch board in regards to company and direct the calls to the departments that can help.
management are strict in how we are to welcome visitors.
my co workers are good at their jobs and are always willing to help where ever possible.

The hardest part of my job is taking abuse on the switch board from consumers.

Helping where ever I can always being 1st point of contact for visitors and switchboard.
Pros
Helping where ever i can, going the extra mile
Cons
abusive and threating calls on switchboard
better in a creche
Forklift Driver/cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 January 2017
management needs to be replaced working with a bunch of kids messed about with wages expected to much of not enough staff and its under valued no duty of care
Cons
Not quite the best in the catering industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  London14 December 2015
Too many staff on zero hours contracts.
Poor training for staff and no real L&D team to speak of for support
Autocratic area management
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Poor promotional prospects
Fun Work Place
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG30 November 2015
Great Company to work for, management team is always ready to help with any issues onsite, The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work a long side
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
OCS Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London5 February 2015
Do not work for these people. During my 1 year at OCS since the very start i joined, i was always getting accused of doing no work, talking to people, disturbing them. This is so untrue, all i was doing was being friendly and said "hi, how are you?" and then continue working. Im only human, im a friendly and kind individual. Even for saying a hello you get accused of doing no work how ridiculous. The so called "supervisors" tell you they will help you when work is getting too much but end up doing nothing so i was left under pressure and stressed from this. These people are the most rudest people i have ever known, they treat some members of staff highly respectable than others. They give the people they dislike more work than others they favor. I believe in equality. I believe everyone should be treated equal and have equal and fair work, so what i did is i stood up for everyone i told the manager and supervisors they were not making things equal for everyone and the result of this was even more worse as they put me to do more work. These people are unprofessional and biased. do not work for these people they will take Advantage and treat you like a mug.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor Staff Management, Rude and Untrustworthy Staff
alright
Event steward (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2017
The following error occurred:
Your Review doesn't quite meet our quality guidelines. Please adjust and resubmit. it is not all there. i can not comment
nice working envirounment.
Security Officer/mobile patrol (Current Employee) –  Central London31 January 2016
OCS is one company that has that friendly atmosphere everyone would want to work.i have worked with OCS before for about 3yrs and now am back because of the relationship i had with them.actually,i never left,it was a TUPE over,and that's why,when the chance to work with them came along i jump at the opportunity because of their man management.very professional and you are not treated as just a number.
Good system
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working with OCS, my work unit was small but we where pretty close.
Managers worked well with staff, work balance could be hectic but the compeny was willing to pay overtime.
There are plenty of different role within OCS.
Pros
Uniform provied, overtime
Cons
Strict policys
chilled
steward (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 April 2017
I enjoyed working for ocs as it was a zero hour contract and really flexible , saw a lot of famous people and it was close to home. Got to see a lot of good shows and music concerts
Pros
free lunch
Steer Clear
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2016
For anyone wanting a decent company to work for carry on looking this is not the place for you .
Rubbish management structure that's have not got a clue
Lack of interest from management team , for security officers 250 plus working months .
Lack of opportunity to progress .
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.