OCS Employee Reviews in London

Great had a good time working there but not the best
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  London, England10 April 2018
Great time working mot the best but was fun and was not the best salary but it was ok and pretty cool otherwise work and salary were 7/10 and staff were pretty nice and polite.
Nice
Steward (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2018
Very nice place to work at since the job roles are balanced due to having enough staff to cover people's shifts to give them breaks from time to time.
Pros
free food, and break
Cons
Long hours, mostly boring just stadning
Not great
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2017
I didn't mind this job.
You hardly sleep, you start working at 2am or 4am and you finish around 11am so at least you have the rest of the day

Money is great. £8.00 per hour and you get paid monthly.

The members of staff are very friendly

My driver was awful.
He lied about me and got me to lose my job. just because I didn't fancy him. I lost my job because of him

But other than that if you're looking for a 9 to 5 job this isn't the job for you
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long mornings. No sleep
alright
Event steward (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2017
The following error occurred:
Your Review doesn't quite meet our quality guidelines. Please adjust and resubmit. it is not all there. i can not comment
Steward Event
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 October 2017
i gained how to deliver great customer service. the hardest part is that you need to stand in one position for long hours. The most enjoyable part is when you meet new people.
Good system
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working with OCS, my work unit was small but we where pretty close.
Managers worked well with staff, work balance could be hectic but the compeny was willing to pay overtime.
There are plenty of different role within OCS.
Pros
Uniform provied, overtime
Cons
Strict policys
No redeeming qualities whatsoever
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
An absolutely abysmal company to work for. The hours are terrible, the pay is laughable and there are no benefits and no perks. Overtime (including Sundays) is paid at the normal (minimum wage) rate. The management are completely devoid of all compassion regarding work/life balance etc and seem to think they own your soul once you've signed a contract. Terrible. Don't do it.
Pros
Cons
Plenty. Some listed here.
contract was not renewed
Parks supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 August 2017
due to OCS loosing their own contract
competent staff and supervisors
but poor co-ordination from the local authority
due to either no or poor communication
chilled
steward (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 April 2017
I enjoyed working for ocs as it was a zero hour contract and really flexible , saw a lot of famous people and it was close to home. Got to see a lot of good shows and music concerts
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Productive and good work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London10 February 2017
I am a good worker and i not missing work. I can handle any task and if it is something that is beyond me i try to solve it yet, but so far i dont found something i can not do.
better in a creche
Forklift Driver/cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 January 2017
management needs to be replaced working with a bunch of kids messed about with wages expected to much of not enough staff and its under valued no duty of care
Cons
A business that touts itself as holding family values and being a 'great place to work', but is anything but
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 December 2016
Firstly, I know that OCS has it's fingers in many pies so am sure the experience of working for the company probably varies dramatically between sectors and contracts.

My own personal experience has given me a poor view of all aspects of working for this company - too many to list. If you're considering a job here and you have other options, then take them - I can't imagine any other employer could be worse.
Pros
Cons
Company treat staff terribly
Steer Clear
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2016
For anyone wanting a decent company to work for carry on looking this is not the place for you .
Rubbish management structure that's have not got a clue
Lack of interest from management team , for security officers 250 plus working months .
Lack of opportunity to progress .
Cons
Local divertido e bom ambiente entre colegas
Jardineiro (Current Employee) –  London1 September 2016
Num dia típico de trabalho fazemos plantação de flores, rega, manutenção do parque, cortar relva e poda de plantas e árvores.
Neste trabalho foi me permitido aprender os mais variados nomes de flores, árvores, aprendi o uso de diferentes materiais e equipamentos. Aprendi como plantar e fazer a manutenção de todas as plantas.
Os colegas de trabalho eram divertidos, proporcionavam um bom ambiente no trabalho e entre-ajuda entre todos.
A parte mais difícil do trabalho é a poda das árvores visto que é necessário escalar as árvores que as vezes são de acesso difícil.
A parte mais agradável do trabalho é a plantação de plantas e ter a oportunidade de aprender como todas crescem e necessitam de diferente manutenção.
best of the best
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  London30 July 2016
theyre very good at looking after their staff and making sure that you get paid correctly. so they are very fair excellent by miles
Pros
pay
Cons
customers
ok
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2016
i have 7 years experience general cleaner ..office,windows,carpetmachine..quimicos... i work pizza express, the prince albert pub. city west..
Cons
for week 40 to 50 hours
AVOID OCS!! Never work for them!!!
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London7 May 2016
I was taken on as a Logistics Supervisor which is basically a minibus driver. I would have to pick up several people and drive for up to 2 hours to a Tesco superstore/extra/metro for us to start at 4am. I was so tired after that drive and had to do a scan/count at a fast pace to get to 2000+ items an hour.

I was sacked due to low productivity even though I worked as hard and fast as possible.

They want robots not humans.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, cold, rude management
good job when allowed to delver, left leaving the audits for contract at the best levels ever
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Leyton, London15 March 2016
Morning team brief with Eurostar Engineering team, check and update night report, review 1ork schedule and delivered hours.
Financial responsibility should taught to all managers being employed as it is the most important part of any contracts, training staff and H&S is a given on this contract
Pros
Eurostar discount travel
Cons
difficult depot facilities manager
nice working envirounment.
Security Officer/mobile patrol (Current Employee) –  Central London31 January 2016
OCS is one company that has that friendly atmosphere everyone would want to work.i have worked with OCS before for about 3yrs and now am back because of the relationship i had with them.actually,i never left,it was a TUPE over,and that's why,when the chance to work with them came along i jump at the opportunity because of their man management.very professional and you are not treated as just a number.
challenging and fun
SAFETY STEWARD (Former Employee) –  LONDON OLYMPICS STADIUM19 January 2016
It was a great experience to work as a safety steward. Must say it was fun working in places such as O2 arena and Olympics stadium. Engaging and communicating with large audiences will make the day go pass quickly. The team support was outstanding and never had any issues whilst at work. The hardest part of the job was getting acclimatise with cold weather and the learning part was so-called 'perseverance'.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
12 hours shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.