OCS Employee Reviews

productive and long hours
retail stock scanner (Former Employee) –  everywhere7 August 2018
I learned how to use a stock scanner device,some of the management team were nice. hard long hours and not much help, best part meeting new people, new skills
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours, lack of breaks
Under engaging job role
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 August 2018
Very little work load. Found it difficult to keep motivated as there was little task involved in a typical day. Most days left with no Duty Manager on site. No one to support me or the department.
non productive
OCS RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2018
A typical day involves you stepping off the company transport car and starting your shift in whichever city you applied to take the shift at.

- Management were rude
- hardest part is when you have to scan individual items in stores rather then selecting one time and having all being replicas.
Management Attitude Shocking
MSO (Current Employee) –  Bristol29 July 2018
They just don’t care about their staff. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. I’ve never known a company like it. No organisation or pride in the service they give. Hemorrhaging staff weekly since being awarded the contract and staff TUPE’d over.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
No job satisfaction, no morale, no worthy management, staff not valued, staff leaving not replaced
good
Litter picker (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park26 July 2018
good work environment, nice place to work, everyone was nice to work with, stuff would get done if you needed something. good amount of holiday and a good pay rate
Productive and simple
Stock Scanner (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2018
Typically can be long days and travelling quite for to reach the destination, i learned about counting and organizing products. what could be better is the pay and the hours.
HGV driver
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport24 July 2018
The worst crowd I’ve ever worked for
Ashamed to put on CV
pay is low but if staff are reasonable make up for the pay lost but they are not
Full of back stabbers and managers who do nothing to assist
Pros
Cons
Stress. Anxiety
Awful place to work. I would not recommend it.
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire6 July 2018
The management are bullies. The staff are undervalued and disregarded. If you are related in anyway to another member of staff and the management fall out with you they bully the ones you are related to.

No regard for health and safety, many corners are cut regarding machinary. l would recommend the health and safety executive look into this company.

They have too many staff on annual leave at the same time and cannot provide cover because other members off staff are on sick leave due to stress.

Constantly mess up wages, if you have been over paid they take it from you in one go leaving you very short, instead of taking it in installments. If they under pay you, they argue with you and bully you into just not bothering to try and get what is owed to you.
fun place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Feltham25 June 2018
Everything! The people are all super nice and friendly, probably because we are all treated with respect. Really relaxed, family style atmosphere but doesn't stop your ability to work like some places. Great benefits and snacks/drinks provided. Management really take the time to talk to everyone and listen to opinions. Training budget is great and you are encouraged to use it.
Cons
Can't think of anything bad
Rubbish place
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  North West20 June 2018
Late start early morning finish your work is never good enough to many back stabber's can't trust anyone hard to get any holiday because there is never anyone to cover your shift
Pros
Cons
No insentive work never good enough
Worst company to work for!
CCA (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 June 2018
worst company to work for. management is attrocious. manager/supervisor has no regards for employees welfare. i told them that my ears were hurting i needed ear defenders supervisor threw it back at my face saying "i got a headache too" i had to buy my own ear defenders. they told me i didn;t need to come in till further notice after a month i got laid off unjusticely. thats why they are constantly avdertising for their vacancies. yet MAG still has contracts with them! they already lost 2 contracts one at Gatwick and Liverpool
Cons
managment is disgusting
My first proper job
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Swansea17 June 2018
OCS cleaning services was my first proper job since leaving school. . was hard at first as had a very early start but once i found got used to it i found it really fun.

My area manager was a fun guy and for the most part left me and my cleaning partner/trainer alone, only coming at the end of our shift to make sure our cleaning was up to OCS standards.
my working day
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bishops Stortford16 June 2018
I enjoy working for ocs no 2 days are the same .my typical day at work starts at 11 when i clean the patients rooms some of which are barrier rooms.after I've finished them normally with a partner we take down the laundry and put it on.we then clean corridors empty rooms etc.After lunch has been served we collect all the washingup and take it to the kitchen.when everything is cleared away and the kitchen cleaned i take the teas round to the patients.The management is fine they just let us get on with our job however we do have supervisors.The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to the patients when they leave.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the patients and listening to their stories.I wouldn't be looking for another job but i can't get the hours that i want.The part time hours are convenient for people with children at school.
Pros
I like meeting all the patients and listening to their stories.
Cons
not enough parking for staff.
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Feltham12 June 2018
Work environment is good v people of different cultures work as one team and get the job done on time.proper break n shift plan in advance. Safe work place to be in.
Pros
Cons
Could be more than basic pay
A bad company to work for
Domestic cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 June 2018
Do not work for this company, I was with them for two years, they started me off on a bank Contract and I was working 21 hours a week, I was previously working 11-2 in day time but because I had child problems they switched me to evenings at a different place which I had to catch two buses too, and got someone else for my day job without any notice.
They also switched me to a 14.5 hour contract without notice which I lost 9 hours a week.... If you work for this company make sure you can manage because they will mess you about, it's horrible and the supervisor wasn't understanding at all!!!!
Pros
Cons
Short contract
Tree Surgeon (Current Employee) –  Southwales1 June 2018
Really enjoy working here and still do good benifits great teams to work in every one looks out for each other good hazard and positive intervention team
fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sunderland31 May 2018
good to meet new people in different locations. a typical day at work washing floors and emptying bins keeping all work areas clean and tidy for the day of work ahead in all different locations.
Pros
expreance
Cons
not alot of hours in the job
Its alright.
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil29 May 2018
Worked as a stocktaker, pay sucks, hours suck, people are alright though. Give it a bash if your desperate I suppose. Work is easy enough, if extremely tedious and boring. Management is a bit of a gamble, there's a handful of good ones there though.

10/10 "It's alright" - IGN
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Unpaid travel, long hours, long periods of no work (December especially)
Appalling company!!
Porter (Former Employee) –  North West28 May 2018
Delusional management, with very little life experience.
Absolutely zero regard for employees health and safety. Just one example, another employee had collapsed with suspected heart trouble and the only comment from the senior manager was, "don't forget to call the sickness line"!!
Thrive themselves on paperwork and looking busy instead of actually helping to run the contract.
Pros
Leaving the company
Cons
Took the job
Stay away
Fsa (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire28 May 2018
Managed to stay a week. I was interviewed by the company where I would be working at no time was I told I was working for ots. I found out on the 3rd day and understood why I never got any breaks. I was expected to cook everything from scratch which I am capable of. But then to have to serve take money and do all the washing up. While the ots supervised sat on her rear having chatter time with management . understaffed . . I would never have considered leaving my previous job of I had known. I have already found a lovely job as cool at a nursery and feed 160 children and adults .
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.