OCS Employee Reviews

my working day
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bishops Stortford16 June 2018
I enjoy working for ocs no 2 days are the same .my typical day at work starts at 11 when i clean the patients rooms some of which are barrier rooms.after I've finished them normally with a partner we take down the laundry and put it on.we then clean corridors empty rooms etc.After lunch has been served we collect all the washingup and take it to the kitchen.when everything is cleared away and the kitchen cleaned i take the teas round to the patients.The management is fine they just let us get on with our job however we do have supervisors.The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to the patients when they leave.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the patients and listening to their stories.I wouldn't be looking for another job but i can't get the hours that i want.The part time hours are convenient for people with children at school.
Pros
I like meeting all the patients and listening to their stories.
Cons
not enough parking for staff.
A bad company to work for
Domestic cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 June 2018
Do not work for this company, I was with them for two years, they started me off on a bank Contract and I was working 21 hours a week, I was previously working 11-2 in day time but because I had child problems they switched me to evenings at a different place which I had to catch two buses too, and got someone else for my day job without any notice.
They also switched me to a 14.5 hour contract without notice which I lost 9 hours a week.... If you work for this company make sure you can manage because they will mess you about, it's horrible and the supervisor wasn't understanding at all!!!!
Pros
Cons
Short contract
Tree Surgeon (Current Employee) –  Southwales1 June 2018
Really enjoy working here and still do good benifits great teams to work in every one looks out for each other good hazard and positive intervention team
fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sunderland31 May 2018
good to meet new people in different locations. a typical day at work washing floors and emptying bins keeping all work areas clean and tidy for the day of work ahead in all different locations.
Pros
expreance
Cons
not alot of hours in the job
Its alright.
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil29 May 2018
Worked as a stocktaker, pay sucks, hours suck, people are alright though. Give it a bash if your desperate I suppose. Work is easy enough, if extremely tedious and boring. Management is a bit of a gamble, there's a handful of good ones there though.

10/10 "It's alright" - IGN
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Unpaid travel, long hours, long periods of no work (December especially)
Appalling company!!
Porter (Former Employee) –  North West28 May 2018
Delusional management, with very little life experience.
Absolutely zero regard for employees health and safety. Just one example, another employee had collapsed with suspected heart trouble and the only comment from the senior manager was, "don't forget to call the sickness line"!!
Thrive themselves on paperwork and looking busy instead of actually helping to run the contract.
Pros
Leaving the company
Cons
Took the job
Stay away
Fsa (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire28 May 2018
Managed to stay a week. I was interviewed by the company where I would be working at no time was I told I was working for ots. I found out on the 3rd day and understood why I never got any breaks. I was expected to cook everything from scratch which I am capable of. But then to have to serve take money and do all the washing up. While the ots supervised sat on her rear having chatter time with management . understaffed . . I would never have considered leaving my previous job of I had known. I have already found a lovely job as cool at a nursery and feed 160 children and adults .
Cons
Good company to work for
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster24 May 2018
This is a great company to work for, I had been with them for nearly 2yrs. The down side if any was the new phoning in system which I personally think is unfair as we had to sort keys from security and sign for them, before walking to the building unlocking doors turning alarms off and then being able to phone in .we had to do the same when signing off at finish of job then return keys to security .Think they need to sort this out also no pay between jobs which I had 3 follow on jobs , the training is excellent, the supervisor is only a phone call away and is fantastic
Pros
Relaxed working conditions
Cons
Clocking on system, no pay between jobs
Overbearing bullies
Manager (Former Employee) –  Half the poxy country16 May 2018
They sell you a job in one area then nag and expect you to jobs you didn't sign up for in other extra and massively bloated areas, when you refuse you are demonised.

End up doing crazy mileages for sod all extra. Rather be on the dole.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bunch of bullying con merchants
Working on yourown
Mobile Auditor (Current Employee) –  North East15 May 2018
let to your own devises to get on with the job. no interference from managers.

like most jobs get on with your job, do it right no one bothers you.

If you can plan your own work load and are IT literate then an ideal job as you can work round yourown time
Pros
paid on time
Cons
lack of communication from managers
Terrible company
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Merseyside4 May 2018
Horrific company that illegally does not include regular overtime in holiday pay.
Managers only have time for their favourites
Punished if you speak up for your rights
Never get an answer from hr
very good company
Cleaner Operative (Current Employee) –  Cornwall2 May 2018
from day one i was treated fairly and given training overtime if necessary. covering at other sites if wanted. work on my own in the building and area supervisor is always at the end of a phone and calls down regularly
Pros
overtime.always available
Alright...ish.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester23 April 2018
Worked for them as a security officer. What was good about that job was my 4on-4off shift pattern. However they would ring you basically every day to do overtime. Fellow security lads were also OK. My direct manager was alright but further up on the ladder and they were getting worse and worse; some of them were coming up with ideas so stupid that you could tell that either they never worked as a front security guards or that was long time ago and they forgot how it is at the bottom. HR? Laughable. Payslips - sometimes you had to call them and ask them why was the payslip wrong and quite often you had to point out exactly what was wrong with it because they couldn't see that.
Pros
Working with good lads who would actually really help you if you struggled.
Cons
Top management and useless bunch of incompetent staff in main office and HR
long hours. unprofessional managers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth23 April 2018
no proper training. no professionalism. Let there supervisors get away with what they want. My site treated new staff like rubbish.
the managing director tho is very nice.
Cons
long hour. no warm welcome
Professional and Organized
Early Morning Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk22 April 2018
I cleaned for three hours a day, Monday to Friday, from 5am till 8am, working in a giant office building. I was with this company for just over two months.

A routine day at work would consist of a deep clean on one floor, which would include dusting and spot cleaning of the desks, then I would vacuum all floors.

Despite the early morning shift, not getting sufficient amounts of sleep (because I have an evening job as well), and noticing a decrease in my wellbeing because of it, I still enjoyed the job.

Staff and management were friendly. My line manager was open and willing to listen to any problems that I had (not that I had many to speak of). But there was a work colleague who would talk negatively behind almost everyone's back.

Management also handled things in a professional manner. We had plenty of team meetings, pretty much once a week, where we would be informed of changes, and any problems that needed addressing. However I do think we had way too many of them; some I thought were a little unnecessary.

I was fully trained, and I received a full induction on my first day.

Another issue I had was with the clock in/clock out system. For one they kept changing our pass-codes, so we had to keep memorizing new ones, after just getting used to the old. Also for a while at the start, I had to wait for a supervisor to let me in, as I had not yet received my pass. And sometimes I would be let in with a few minutes before the start of the shift, but by the time I clocked in, it would be a couple of minutes past five. And if you clock in at say 5:01, you would be
  more... deducted five minutes of work time from your wages. This was not my fault, and I do not think it was ever corrected, despite me addressing it to my supervisors.

The hardest part of the job was the early start. But it was the kind of hours I was looking for, so I would not rate the job negatively for that.

The most enjoyable part of the job was joking around with some of my colleagues. The office staff were also nice.
Pros
Full training and induction, Friendly line manager, Good pay
Cons
Too many meetings, Harsh clock in/clock out system
Hostess
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ipswich20 April 2018
Was iss which now ocs really has gone down hill I'm now looking for a new job as they are trying to find reasons to lay people off pay is now gone from weekly to monthly which messes all bills up don't like the company unless they improve I will be moving on
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Silly hours and unwelcoming automosphere
Bad company!
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cornwall20 April 2018
This company don't give you the proper training unless you ask for it, then they fire you when you 'miss things' or don't do a good enough job! They also tell you to speed up all the time!
There is also a lot of back stabbing between colleagues which all goes back to the area manager!
Pros
Pay always on time and never usually wrong, you get to leave early every day!
Cons
Not enough training, rude, will talk behind your back
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire17 April 2018
Friendly company, easy to work with and very helpful towards you and get the PPE that you need and points in the right direction on the job training with great benefits
0 hours contract company
Carder and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London and East12 April 2018
If you are after a zero hours contract and you are just looking for a bit of work to fill a bit of spare time them yes, go work for this company......
Pros
0 hours contract
Cons
0 hours contract
Great had a good time working there but not the best
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  London, England10 April 2018
Great time working mot the best but was fun and was not the best salary but it was ok and pretty cool otherwise work and salary were 7/10 and staff were pretty nice and polite.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.