OCS Employee Reviews

Avoid
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge15 February 2018
72 hours a week working 3 day 3 nights, walking over 8 miles a day, supervisors do nothing, manager totally clueless as long he has staff to over the shift he ring at home all hours of the day or night trying to get you to work extra hours. It’s a total joke.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours bad manager
nightmare
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  nationwide15 February 2018
O C S

Monthly pay which is hard to budget, long hours when shifts are given grumpy managers and nightmare travelling , staying in hotels etc etc. just not a vey good job to have.
Pros
get home early
Cons
travelling
Great company
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 February 2018
Great company to work for my 1st Superviser was great 2 nd thought he owned the place and brought his problems to work and took his moods out on the staff , always on the phone was nice when it suited
electrical testing
Portable Appliance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midland5 February 2018
not good at loking after staff or contracts. test equipment often breaking down resulting in lost time and productivity.
poor communication from management
Pros
vehicle
Cons
travel
Fun workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Gaydon2 February 2018
its a good place to work its has lots of friendly people lots of pressure high standard cleaning and most important it has a good place to work and to learn more things
Very fun and pleasing
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex29 January 2018
Was good to be part of this company and I met a lot of friends there and look forward to come back again we’ll see hopefully I get the job coz I’m back to work
good job bad company
cca driver bankman (Former Employee) –  manchester airport26 January 2018
on hole this company does care less about it staff or customer. if you are good at your job your made to work harder than people that are not as they find it easier. you cant get holidays if you do they still ring you and don't always get payed. The pay is always wrong and they move you around and tell you to leave passenger half way through jobs as they don't have enough staff. This is because the pay is poor the management treat you like dirt and the company dosn't give you the time of day and the training is a joke.

avoid this company its a joke to work for.

ps if you get your break intitlement for the day you've done well.
Pros
feel good helping people in work
Cons
comapny your working for
Fun workplace no day the same
CCS/ supervisor/ trainer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester25 January 2018
i responsible for the safe travelling of all special needs and disabled passengers to and from the airport. I've learnt so much working there from just talking to passengers during transporting them wherever they need to be,
As it is a very high turn over of staff due to long hours the amount of work involved in the job there was always new staff starting and I was asked regularly to take groups of people around with me on my jobs to show them hands on what they are expected to do.
Then I progressed on to supervisory role as I had a lot of experience in all terminals .
As it is the airport each day was different and I met new people all the time face to and got to meet and get to know some very interesting people. There was always never enough staff so always had to compromise for this.
One of the most enjoyable parts of this job was you are your own boss and responsible for peoples lives and safety around the airport and for getting them there most importantly on time.
This is a very interesting and fun job with lots to learn constantly only problem is for what you do and the importance of this job, the pay scale could be better.

p
Pros
hours to suit my schedule
Cons
Very flexible, Social and fun place to work
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London25 January 2018
I have enjoyed my time working for OCS with nothing bad to say about the job. Staff are very friendly, they work around your time which helps with my education. I also have recommended a couple of friends for this job and would recommended any one who is in full-time education or earn a bit of money on the side if you are working full-time.
Pros
Flexible, friendly, social, well paid
Cons
Organisation with over booking staff can sometimes be a problem.
Awful
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester23 January 2018
Management is awful. They are all petty here. If they find out you don’t like a certain area of work they will make sure to put you on it. You’re entitled to holiday days but have to beg them to allow them. Just overall awful place to work.
Pros
Certain coworkers
Cons
Hours. Management
Great firm
Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St Mary's axe22 January 2018
Was gutted I left ! Great firm great people can't do enough to help you. Ezzy is a great cleaning manager and I met some great people there would do anything to be back
Pros
Cons
Monthly pay
There are worse places to work
manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire16 January 2018
There are worse places to work. The area in which I work is not too bad but the company as a whole complains about staff turn over but insists on offering minimum wage and zero hours contacts.
very good company
Cleaner full time (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire16 January 2018
Started to work for this company and so far so good, if anything its a brilliant job compared to my last one with cleaning Scotland at least I can understand what the management are speaking about
Pros
good work colleagues
Cons
very little overtime
Good view
Any works (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 January 2018
I have good skills for communicating with clients follow procedures and make routine workes . And i Like my working fullhelp my team working and laering QuickTime
So bad
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaydon, Warwickshire8 January 2018
They tried to say they over paid me ... 7 months after i left the company... would not work for ever again. They wanted a manager but advertised for office admin and then didnt give the tools to do the job!
well travelled
stock taking (Former Employee) –  Fife10 December 2017
i enjoyed the job as a whole and travelling to new places each shift. i got to make some friends within the company. the work its self is quite easy to do. the management are not very organised and there are people i did not get along with.
Pros
picked up from door
Cons
zero hour contract
Lazy co workers
roro skip Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 December 2017
Great place to work.
But co workers are very lazy and hide away in the north car park.
Or always going sick at busy times so be prepared to work hard and non stop
But overall a great job ruined by lasyness and no team work.
Pros
Good trucks
Cons
Lasy people
Not great
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2017
I didn't mind this job.
You hardly sleep, you start working at 2am or 4am and you finish around 11am so at least you have the rest of the day

Money is great. £8.00 per hour and you get paid monthly.

The members of staff are very friendly

My driver was awful.
He lied about me and got me to lose my job. just because I didn't fancy him. I lost my job because of him

But other than that if you're looking for a 9 to 5 job this isn't the job for you
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long mornings. No sleep
alright
Event steward (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2017
The following error occurred:
Your Review doesn't quite meet our quality guidelines. Please adjust and resubmit. it is not all there. i can not comment
Part time work mainly
Driver. SC (Former Employee) –  Uk26 November 2017
Not a good experience, did not expect to last for so long. Driving for OCS worked out to be more difficult than just stock counting as other workers would call during out of work hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.