Oceaneering

Oceaneering Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews
Good company to work for
Excellent and highly experienced line manager, pleasant co-workers who were very helpful during my time there.
Always understanding when required to work flexible hours to accomodate child care arrangements.

Great work location as close to train station and plenty staff parking available
Complex company structure and very fragmented.
Very chaotic company to work for. The left hand doesn’t know what the right hands doing. The company is really fragmented in how it operates. There are departments in Oceaneering that compete with others for customers, internal communication is poor, management is also poor.
Pros
Fairly decent salary and reasonable perks.
Cons
Toxic atmosphere in office I worked
Lack of safety and man management
Worst company worked as full of supervisor with 0 man management skills
Lack of safety even the HSE people have no clue.

The generic risk assessment culture is rife.

The lack of safety and even design of system has caused major accident
My best part of my job was everything really a like to keep busy
I enjoyed workin with them and part of a team a like to keep bizy get the work done I also liked working on my own as well hoovering mopping dusting using a buffer
Enjoyable place to work with many good colleagues.
I really enjoyed my time with Oceaneering for just short of 14 years, within that time I met a great number of people who I would become great friends with and still keep in contact to this day.
The variation in the number of tasks that were undertaken were always interesting and sometimes challenging but were always achieved due to team work and sheer hard work.

I started as a general labourer and was given the opportunity to become a Machine operator and finally one of the shift supervisors across a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.

If given the opportunity I would like to work for the company again in the future.
Pros
good working hours and reasonable salary friendly and sociable company.
Cons
the industry highs and lows in oil output.
Good place to work.
Project South Hook LNG
South-Wales

sub-contracted to CB&I.

Oil and Gas Industry.

Testing methods used PT,MT,PMI, Vac - box

Friendly and helpful management in every matter.

Very high work culture, good welders, good welding equipment, good working and accommodation conditions
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry.
It's a challenging and productive place to work.
worked for 12year+, and was sad to leave, due to redunncy, worked well with others and was part of a good team that has unfortunately been reduced over the years.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oceaneering?
Great job, great people, sad to leave but industry suffering from market conditions
Very busy, non-stop place to work with flat management structure and approachable management. Recent market conditions made job very hard in last 2 years with continuing redundancies which affected morale. People I worked with were great.
Started as a production operator and worked my way up to supervisor .management are friendly and always willing to help in any way . Training is one of the best with many chances to improve your self
Pros
Good company to work
Cons
Only when the price of oil drops
Cliche
A good workplace and workforce. Openly unionised. Very much in the mold of who you know over what you know. Lots of hours worked with little in return.
Pros
Workforce
Cons
Structure
good employment contract availability
Oceaneering have continuous work coming in for contractors which is what I normally prefer, they offer work for ground staff and rope access personnel., both on and offshore.
Pros
good work rate
Cons
do not pay vat for offshore workers
Bad Atmosphere
Shame that one girl who was the queen bee and can decide not to train you. Three whole days went by without a word spoken and when asked questions was given one word answers. Not a good place to work for me, I was a bag of nerves the whole time due to the bad atmosphere. Pity the next poor sod that gets the job.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
No training structure, bad atmosphere
No career prospect or plan, Ignorant and backstabbing American Management
Worked in the Subsea Services and Rental team and there was no direction on whats been done, no career progression and the American Managers was treated like god by his cohorts from Houston. Avoid by all means.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish Pay, Cronyism, Bad uneducated management.
Good department and interesting work.
Fair enough company to work for, but higher management do not seem to appreciate the work that is done.
My department is made up of skilled men who know what is required of them and respond accordingly.
Pros
Paid lunch break and close to home.
Cons
Sometimes required to work long hours.
Productive, fun and friendly environment
I had a brilliant time working for Oceaneering on the shutdown, It was a great environment to work in and everyone was helpful and friendly towards one another.
My day insisted of gathering the technicians reports after they had tested parts of the machinery on the plant which I would then write up and report to the appropriate company and department.

The hardest part of the job would be the long working weeks without a day off, however as it was a shutdown and the work was only temporary I didn't mind this, plus everyone else was in the same situation so we just worked together to make the job more enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
Long working weeks
Decent job, good team of guys.
I was there over a year, enjoyed it. Management was a bit disappointing, not very supportive. Some good jobs on site, a lot of heavy lifts, some not so good jobs that riggers shouldn't be doing.
It was a foot in the door for Oil & Gas
If im completely honest....... not a good company to work for but it was a start in oil & gas for me. After 3 years, with no training, and no push for management to progress in my career there, i finally decided to resign and move on to something else that i could learn from.
I wont review highly of this company at all, it may only be the department i was in that wasn't very good, and over all the company as a whole may be excellent. My experience with them certainly wasn't a positive one.
it was good
I enjoyed working there but unfortunately it was only temporary. I would be doing something different every day. it was very diverse.
Pros
4 days off
Wages paid on time
I've worked for Oceaneering several times and I've not always agreed with their management, but they always pay my salary and allowances on time.
At the end of the day, that what I want from them
No loyalty from this company
good co-workers

but poor management, poor HR department, no loyalty and no support given to employees who has work very hard and long hours to complete tasks.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
No loyalty from this company, poor management