Oceaneering Employee Reviews

South-Wales
sub-contracted to CB&I.
Oil and Gas Industry.
Testing methods used PT,MT,PMI, Vac - box
Friendly and helpful management in every matter.
Very high work culture, good welders, good welding equipment, good working and accommodation conditions
Machine Operator/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosyth13 February 2018
worked for 12year+, and was sad to leave, due to redunncy, worked well with others and was part of a good team that has unfortunately been reduced over the years.
Great job, great people, sad to leave but industry suffering from market conditions
Project Groups Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosyth19 January 2018
Very busy, non-stop place to work with flat management structure and approachable management. Recent market conditions made job very hard in last 2 years with continuing redundancies which affected morale. People I worked with were great.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rosyth15 January 2018
Started as a production operator and worked my way up to supervisor .management are friendly and always willing to help in any way . Training is one of the best with many chances to improve your self
Pros
Good company to work
Cons
Only when the price of oil drops
Cliche
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Rosyth, Fife14 November 2017
A good workplace and workforce. Openly unionised. Very much in the mold of who you know over what you know. Lots of hours worked with little in return.
Pros
Workforce
Cons
Structure
good employment contract availability
Welding inspector and NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Offshore North Sea12 September 2017
Oceaneering have continuous work coming in for contractors which is what I normally prefer, they offer work for ground staff and rope access personnel., both on and offshore.
Pros
good work rate
Cons
do not pay vat for offshore workers
Bad Atmosphere
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen / Dyce3 October 2016
Shame that one girl who was the queen bee and can decide not to train you. Three whole days went by without a word spoken and when asked questions was given one word answers. Not a good place to work for me, I was a bag of nerves the whole time due to the bad atmosphere. Pity the next poor sod that gets the job.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
No training structure, bad atmosphere
No career prospect or plan, Ignorant and backstabbing American Management
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rosyth10 September 2016
Worked in the Subsea Services and Rental team and there was no direction on whats been done, no career progression and the American Managers was treated like god by his cohorts from Houston. Avoid by all means.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish Pay, Cronyism, Bad uneducated management.
Good department and interesting work.
Manufacturing Weld Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosyth3 August 2016
Fair enough company to work for, but higher management do not seem to appreciate the work that is done.
My department is made up of skilled men who know what is required of them and respond accordingly.
Pros
Paid lunch break and close to home.
Cons
Sometimes required to work long hours.
Productive, fun and friendly environment
Turn Around Technical Clerk Lead (Former Employee) –  Billingham North28 June 2016
I had a brilliant time working for Oceaneering on the shutdown, It was a great environment to work in and everyone was helpful and friendly towards one another.
My day insisted of gathering the technicians reports after they had tested parts of the machinery on the plant which I would then write up and report to the appropriate company and department.
The hardest part of the job would be the long working weeks without a day off, however as it was a shutdown and the work was only temporary I didn't mind this, plus everyone else was in the same situation so we just worked together to make the job more enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
Long working weeks
Decent job, good team of guys.
Rigger/Erector (Current Employee) –  Rosyth28 June 2016
I was there over a year, enjoyed it. Management was a bit disappointing, not very supportive. Some good jobs on site, a lot of heavy lifts, some not so good jobs that riggers shouldn't be doing.
It was a foot in the door for Oil & Gas
ROV Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dyce23 February 2016
If im completely honest....... not a good company to work for but it was a start in oil & gas for me. After 3 years, with no training, and no push for management to progress in my career there, i finally decided to resign and move on to something else that i could learn from.
I wont review highly of this company at all, it may only be the department i was in that wasn't very good, and over all the company as a whole may be excellent. My experience with them certainly wasn't a positive one.
it was good
manufacturig operative (Former Employee) –  Rosyth4 February 2016
I enjoyed working there but unfortunately it was only temporary. I would be doing something different every day. it was very diverse.
Pros
4 days off
Wages paid on time
Multi-Disciplined N.D.T. Technician (Former Employee) –  Angola, Nigeria and the UK11 January 2016
I've worked for Oceaneering several times and I've not always agreed with their management, but they always pay my salary and allowances on time.
At the end of the day, that what I want from them
No loyalty from this company
engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen29 December 2015
good co-workers

but poor management, poor HR department, no loyalty and no support given to employees who has work very hard and long hours to complete tasks.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
No loyalty from this company, poor management
Good Team to work as part of.
Electronic and subsea UT technician (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen26 November 2015
Whilst onshore, work can be very stagnant and days tend to drag without somthing to keep the mind busy.

On busy days however days can be good with new ideas and new tools being developed and tested so something new to learn. As well as a chance to test old skills to keep hand skills up to scratch., mid manager level is very good supervisor know whats going on all the time and are happy to help with any issues and willing to stop to teach a new skill. upper management don't seem to grasp what work is being done and feeling in the entire work place seems to be undervalued. co-workers are a great team to work with with everyone pulling their weight no one shy's away from work and very focused on getting any task complete no matter how much prior notice is given.
Pros
Laid back place to work, good team to work with everyone committed to getting job done
Cons
Working hours are inflexible and pay for the Work achieved is very poor. No progression laddar
Broken Culture - Legacy Leadership
floor cleaner (Former Employee) –  all over13 October 2015
Oceaneering could be a great place. The employees are talented but are left with legacy leadership that can't think out of the box. They don't allow their employees to be creative or empower them to do great things.
If you are "Old School" this is a great place for you to settle in and go with the flow. Those that are creative and talented have no path, direction or ability to grow. The individuals that have been at the company less than 3 years don't stick around for this very reason.
The leadership team needs to wake up and take notice of the talent walking out the door.
Radiographer
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Dundee12 October 2015
My Primary roles and responsibilities were to work safely in accordance with Oceaneering safe systems of work in accordance with Company procedures and Industry guidelines whilst carrying out the role of Radiographer
PA/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fife25 June 2014
A rapidly growing business going from strength to strength
if your face fits
operator (Former Employee) –  rosyth6 January 2014
I lasted only 6 weeks even though I had more experience than most. Got paid off due to going for to many cigarettes, but it was my boss who was telling me to. Manager had digs at down syndrome children, disgusting.
Pros
good job if they like your personality
Cons
terrible management with nowhere to go with a complaint

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oceaneering. Our community is ready to answer.

Oceaneering Reviews by Location