Ocado Employee Reviews

Number not a name
personel shopper (Current Employee) –  Tamworth14 July 2017
Groundhog day work in a building designed for machines but not people with a HR department how only see numbers not names.Very physical where they pay lip service to safety but in reality dont care.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
uncaring upper managment
Very good experience. Good communication and support
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London12 July 2017
Work with Ocado Was a very good experience for me, help me to be a better professional, a better man and more responsible as well , they teache us to be very kind with our customer and try to solve any problem that could be happening, Ocado give to us freedom to act and give our best, sometimes we were compensated with customer feedback. Is true that some days was more difficult than the others and it was not always easy but the camaraderie and the atmosphere that existed exceeded the difficulties.
I really appreciate the fact that they never put pressure on us.
I left because I moved to Wolverhampton!
Pros
Some days better than others
Cons
Traffic and flats without lift
Well run if uninspiring
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire10 July 2017
Management are pleasant. Pay is slightly too little. Chances for promotion slim. Work is physical and extremely repetitive. Well organised and helpful admin staff and system. Cheerful colleagues
Pros
Reliable straightforward employment
Cons
Soul destroying repetitive tasks
Rubbish
Electronics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire7 July 2017
In more than 25 years career I have never seen such rigid corporate structure. Level over level of management and people who do nothing more than being "manager" of something on paper. Efficiency close to zero. Good people and good team, but the overall feeling is you are an insignificant cog in a giant machine. Terrible. Didn't last a week there.
Dreadful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London5 July 2017
Wow, after many years working in a real conglomerate company for many years, of which many was in hr. I was totally shocked at the incompentence of management when dealing with staff and company policy(s).
No idea. No signed interview notes!!! Pulled straight in for probationary interviews, without the 5 day invite being sent. Completly ignoring employees requests for occupational health initiation. Complete lack of duty of care.
Employees dont challenge this company, as they believe they dont have grounds, due to termination during probation. Not true!!!!
They are a complete joke when it comes to process's and procedures!!!
Pros
Shopping loaded onto van for drivers.
Cons
Management abilities very questionable. Any excuse to dismiss.
productive workplace
Delivery Driver (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent26 June 2017
very good company, enjoyed lone working and seeing new places. mostly delivered to peoples homes with grocery shopping, also delivered to work places and offices in London, such places include the shard and I often drive past Big Ben and London bridge.

The hardest part of the job is having to work different days every week and different times.

if this was a Monday to Friday, 9-5 job I wouldn't even be looking at other jobs but for personal reason it I have to look at other options.
this is my review
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire10 June 2017
i enjoyed working here the training staff at the time were friendly transport was made available for those who didn't have cars , the food in the canteen areas was above board the shop floor teams were excellent.
Fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 June 2017
Enjoyed the company. Was out and about.
Shift work was good
Uniform was comfortable
Nice customers
security good
salary good
management good
late lunches
Pros
good support
Long Days
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire1 June 2017
I worked for exactly 3 months which is the probation period. Very high turnover of staff, they employ about 20 staff on a Monday but release about 20 the same day! If you are not fast enough you will be leaving 3 months later. Some of the staff stand around taking while you are trying your best to get some bonus! Mostly on a Friday there would be compulsory overtime too. Some of the managers were good but not all. You will get on great if you can speak Polish as well!
Pros
The Restaurant
Cons
Wages were not great. Can not understand Polish!
it's a prison
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire31 May 2017
First of all you're not a person over there, you're a robot and you don't have a name just a number. every time that i go to work i feel like i'm going to prison. first of all i'm working in chilled area where the temperature is between 0-5 degrees. everything that i'm allowed to do is to work hard and hard and hard, nothing else i also been told that i'm not allowed to log off from the station to go at the toilet at some point, and if you have a personal problem or any other problems the solution to them is always the time, nobody else will help you so NO. Ocado is not a good place to work. At least they have a very good system and employment app where you can book holidays see you're rota and do any changes if is available
Pros
company shop with products that expire the next day at great prices
Cons
Summary
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire24 May 2017
ok place to work,

the work environment is good, friendly colleagues and mangers.

roles vary depending on experience but is lots of room for progression
Fun
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire21 May 2017
Ocado is a place where you can have fun,even we are working hard and continuously my colleagues are nice and time goes quick. After all Ocado is not a bad place to work but is very far and that's the only reason that I search for another job.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Cold
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hatfield17 May 2017
Great place to work, extremely friendly staff and management. Work place is safe and trustworthy in my opinion. Never had a bad incident or poor treatment whilst working here.
Pros
Great pay
Friendly co-workers
CSTM (Former Employee) –  Dagenham Dock16 May 2017
Working with friendly co-workers. But the work can sometimes be impossible to do in the time allowed to do it as everything is timed to the minute. An example of this would be a delivery time slot of 1 - 2 but an estimated arrival time of 1.59. so if you are just one minute behind schedule you will be late.
you get feed back from customers but if it is negative you are told about it weeks or even months after so you probably can remember what happened on that day when asked about it.
I had an accident at work resulting in two months off sick and then sacked for unauthorised absence.
Pros
15% staff discount
Cons
unsociabe hours
Good work place
Delivery Driver Marshall (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 May 2017
Good company to work for! Good pay and no 2 days are the same. Busy days with lots of drops can sometimes be hard going and if staff shortages can become busy
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
Bonus for working hard is a scam
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hatfield8 May 2017
Don't work for them. If you work your hardest while others stand around, happy to earn the minimum, you still won't be rewarded by their so called bonus scheme. The only people who earn exra, are those who don't follow the on screen instructions, basically cheating the system.
Pros
Cons
Many
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London1 May 2017
Enjoy working with Ocado, would recommend to anyone looking for something new. 10 hours shifts over 4 day night and day. Work with a good team of staff
Friendly place to work.
driver (Current Employee) –  enfield1 May 2017
Ive worked various transport companies but this company seems to have got it about right.They dont just stick loads of jobs on you its all done by computer,and worked out for 8 hours.Daily rate not the best , vans are all auto and are kept clean.All vans are loaded and unloaded for you,delivering to flats without lift isnt the best but its not allways like that.
Pros
Deliver to some nice houses, tips
Cons
shopping can be heavy, flats
no life
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire29 April 2017
A lot of heavy lifting, and the wage at the end of the week is not a lot. The management are racist and a waste. early starts as early as 5.00am. Flat deliveries are the worst.
Pros
finish early
Cons
less wage
Easy job
CSTM (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 April 2017
Easy job! As others have said afraid of being sacked when you get to every shift, god forbid if you bump a van or get a scratch from brushing a tree, then they are all over you!! Be prepared to be sent down the same street 3 or 4 times a shift at all different times of the shift pointless waste of fuel!!

Pay was ok not great for the late nights you do!! Late nights as I was given were nearly all 4-00 shifts not fun at all when you have a family! Getting sent to the same place everyday day/week is a joke when the radius they deliver is so vast! Defiantly if your face fits your ok... job and finish the best thing about the job by far..

If your desperate then go for it but I wouldn't recommend it if you have a life or a family.. good at first but will def wear you down!!
Pros
Job and finish, vans pre loaded, easy job
Cons
How the routes are done, some of the management, how shifts are sort d

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.