Ocado Employee Reviews

brillant job
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
i would recommend this job to all delivery drivers because the way ocado do things you have a monthly router so you no whats days you are working. you don't have to load your van. everything is computer rise and you get good benefits.
Interisting place to work in
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Tamworth21 November 2018
Working for Ocado can ve really interesting, they hide a beautiflul story. Managers are close to their teams and try to make people feel really well. All teams work in great harmony
good job
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire9 October 2018
I learned to become faster at work, to have a good time management, the hardest part was standing to much, giving me lower back pain, the only bad thing was about the fact that pregnant woman still need to work standing
Nice workplace
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Hatfield5 November 2018
Its a very good company, tidy , and nice, people there are very supportive and helpful , there is always a good team work everybody is very friendly ,...
Pros
cheap food
Cons
long hours can get ovetimes
Okay If you need something to get by until a better job
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth27 July 2018
extremely high percentage of staff turnover, why? see below.
- Shifts are split into either early morning starts from 5.30am - 7.30am or late afternoon starts 2pm - 4pm.

- you can expect to only be given 1 day off before swapping morning to nights which personally isnt enough time for my body clock to reset.

- you can expect to work past your contracted hours on an almost daily basis with only a 20 minute allocated spot for break.

- you can expect to not receive support from managers if you're running late due to the poor route planning system.

-you can expect a semi-decent wage if you work mainly nights and weekend.

- you can expect to be one of the 75% that leave within the first 6 months because its just that bad.

-you can expect to have the opportunity to help train new drivers for a small incentive...just dont expect progression beyond that.

- you can expect to be extremely lonely.
Pros
not really any
Cons
its a nightmare trust me
Like being at school
Cstm van driver (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes25 October 2018
You get treated like a kid, if you injure yourself whilst at work expect to get in trouble for it , managers are up their own backsides , routes are ridiculous ,
Pros
Some managers are nice
great
Stock Picker (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City30 September 2018
It was long hours but the work was enjoyable and varied so that you would not get bored during your shift. the people were also great and came from varied backgrounds so it was good to talk to them to find out more.
total liars
cstm (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 May 2018
i was told that my shifs would be varied, anything from 5 am start, finishing up to midnite, and lots in the middle of that.
but after starting my training i was given my 12 wk rota, which was 2 wks of early starts (5am) and 2 weeks of lates finishes (midnite). not varied at all, nothing in between. spoke to several employees during my traiing wk who said "oh your one of the new starters on the turn around shift are you?" ie terrible hours
most of them working fridays, saturdays and sundays. very disappointed, the person who interviewed me shoul have been honest about the hours and days.
Pros
free coffee machine
Cons
liars, terrible hours
tiring and low pay
personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 October 2018
a typical day at ocado would consist of an early start and long hours with unpaid breaks which in my opinion were not long enough to fully relax from the physically demanding job.
was ok
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hatfield18 October 2018
It was such a long time ago that I worked here, I can't quite remember the place, I believe it was quite strict when it came to picking and packing. was an okay job.
Pros
canteen
Cons
picking/packing
Great enviorment
Contact Center Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hatfield18 September 2018
Ocado is a great place to work and is a very young company so its every exciting to be apart of the company.

They offer great opportunities in house.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Hours are a bit difficutl
they don't care
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire6 October 2018
3 sickness and your out i had 1 sickness and accident at work and 1 allergic reaction they through me out the door they dont give second chances to anyone
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
low moral
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire31 May 2018
Purley Ocado, they only care about the company and not there staff or there issues. a lot of the staff end up with depression as there is no support for the staff allowing customers to become abusive and sometimes emotionally violent towards staff. this is managed by the management giving the customer a voucher.
Pros
free bread
Cons
no suport
Nice people, bad salary, poor management and no progression
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire17 May 2018
I worked for ocado as an HR administrator as I wanted a career in HR. The work was extremely dull and repetitive - the majority of the day was spent booking meetings for HR advisors and printing out letters.
The salary was poor being so close to London (18k) and management style was terrible. My manager had no experience in HR and did not understand our job roles in depth.
Progression is a problem at ocado, as only a very small number of administrators move onto advisor roles or team leaders because progression is all focused on the graduates (who do the same job but earn 25k starting salary).
Only positive was that my team were amazing and genuinely lovely people!
Overall, I was disappointed with Ocado.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Dull job, low pay, poor management and no progression
Great pay
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire31 August 2018
It was a good place to work, the people there were lovely but the hours dragged. The food in the canteen was amazing and the company shop prices were insanely amazing.
Pros
4 days a week working
Good place to work hard
Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Hatfield15 September 2018
if you are hard worker thats the place for you. Picking up heavy stuff, input data in the system, work fast as of that depends the bonus you will receive.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
heavy job
Not a bad place to work for
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Andover22 September 2018
The company does try to look after its employees in many ways, though obviously they will be thinking of profitability first. If you work hard, you will get on fine.
0 to zero. Pathetic
CSTM Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield solar way2 January 2019
Only one manager there was cool I respect that.
All I can say is pathetic, no privacy no consideration for cstms. Managers think they are some bosses walking into work in louis vuitton trainers they sack 150 drivers a week and take another 100 on board. Why the ...... would you laugh if you have an accident
Very pathetic . Keep working for 24 a year driving your financed cars around thinking your bosses. And there is no hate from my side these people just act inhuman . My one cost more then arm an ammer not financed.
They sponsor ocado but you work for Morrisons. Devices are pathetic to they stop working takes 1 hour to come back on you call managers they tell you use your own sat nav on your phone .... wait is that not customer data protection ??? Also becareful you don't clip your mirrors because you get taken to your last warning if you do . They basically look for every excuse to get rid off you . They didn't like me apart from one manager .

Would not recommend to anyone.
Terrible shift patterns not good for human health we are not robots.
The people that write good reviews about these mugs are mugs and deluded them selfs.
Cons
ok place to work, just not for me
Personal Shopper Freezer (Current Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire7 August 2018
friendly management and ok place to work, hard work and long hours and not a lot of breaks, ok pay, longish commute for me and the job just isnt for everyone.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Long work days
no good work place
ocado (Former Employee) –  dorson11 August 2018
I applied for van driver job and passed driving assessment and THE DBS clean but they didn't give to me job.... big time resist company.
thanks... they treat you dog no look after ... no holidays... just work just work...
Pros
no good
Cons
no good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.