Ocado Employee Reviews

If you dont want a social life its for you
CSTM (Current Employee) –  Bristol4 April 2018
Easy work can be heavy at times, they want you to live the Ocado way and nothing else (stepford wives). One good thing is if you finish early you can go home and still get payed.
Pros
Non
Cons
Shift pattern, hardly any weekends off, they give you a pay rise then take 3days holidays off of you.
Collect your van and head out.
Customer service CSTM (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station4 April 2018
The job was very good i really enjoyed it but you never really get to know anyone there as your just in and out.
if it were not for my physical condition i would still be there.
I really enjoyed the work.
Pros
Driving and meeting customers
Cons
The smallest mistake and your up against a firing squad.
No social life and complete disrespect from majority of the management
CSTM (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire4 April 2018
Three years and during this time I witnessed a culture of sackings which I feel went against Employment Law. No consideration for the welfare of their drivers. The job itself was easy enough but with some routes not really achievable it placed unnecessary pressure on the CSTMs, and then dealing with the customers face to face, ensuring a great doorstep experience when you ran late. If you want to have no life, see no friends and have no time for your family then Ocado is for you.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Unfair rota, just a number, no consideration
Customer Service
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklands3 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at Ocado facing the challenges of delivering a high quality level of service to customers.
Finding addresses at night in the middle of the countryside proved to be one of the biggest challenges but at the same time rewarding.
As with all companies, the job developed as time passed. Time pressures increased but as I stated at the start, I enjoyed the challenges these brought along.
If you are an engineer it is definitely a good place to be
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire1 April 2018
Fast moving environment due to the nature of the business on the operational side. As it is first of its kind company in the UK it is definitely an exciting place to be for engineers and business analysts not necessarily for warehouse operatives.
Productive work place
CSTM (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London27 March 2018
Very good work place and people to be around very understanding about ur issues and helping with any problems you may have but the routes r too heavy and to mend jobs in a short time scale
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Bad route planning
Fab place to work.
CSTM (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 March 2018
Love working here. Lots of training given. Lots of promotions available. Lots of additional roles available. Get out and about in the countryside. If you like driving this is the job for you.
general driving and delivery work
CTSM (Former Employee) –  Tamworth21 March 2018
you get left alone to get on with your work staff always on hand to help when needed shift patterns ain't the best but if you can get past that then ideal place to work
Great Company
Web Trader (Current Employee) –  Welwyn12 March 2018
It's a great reputable company to work for. Great benefits and culture compared to tother corporate companies. However as it is still relatively small there isn't progression and the pay is minimal.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not High enough wages
Worst place
Despatch Operative (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire7 March 2018
Managers are disrespectful, never again will come here. Dont even get a proper day off to rest due to shift patterns. Customers comes first to Ocado then employers. DISGRACE
Pros
Cons
Mostly everything
Management are uneducated people
CSTM (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2018
The management at Ocado are uneducated in the least disrespectful way. Drivers are nice and friendly, however managers are rude, unprofessional and liars. Be careful as managers have favorites. Cool job but management ruined it for me.
Pros
free coffee, tea
Cons
management are useless
Appalling company to work for
CSTM (Former Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London5 March 2018
Horrendous company to work for and I felt sorry for the fellow CSTMs. Everyone above CSTM seems to have a power trip in their higher position and often treat the CSTMs poorly with very little to no respect.

The middle management think they have better knowledge than doctors and physio therapists and most appalling behaviour is how they would use their discretion to muck up your route to punish you for anything they want to punish you for. That to me is despicable behaviour from members of staff that CSTMs look up to and seek advice from. The CSTMs are over worked and not appreciated by the company in a grand scale and what is worse is that managers in some of the spokes (sites), such as the Dagenham Spoke, treat CSTMs like animals in a zoo, with no respect and unacceptable behaviour towards them – almost criminal and they get away with it.

If you are looking for a decent employer who will respect you and treat you fairly and according to the law, I WOULD STAY WELL AWAY FROM OCADO RETAIL LIMITED – I am disgusted in the way they treat the subordinate members of staff like CSTMs.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Everything, Especially middle management behaviour
Selfish company
CSTM (Former Employee) –  Park Royal4 March 2018
Not a good company to work not secure job Every week 50 drivers join the company and 100 driver get sacked or resing ‘there is camera 🎥 inside van which is not necessary it makes driver uncomfortable heavy job ‘company doesn’t appreciate what you are doing as CSTM (customer delivery driver) not job guaranty all drivers in this company are numbers the company pays little more than other company but is heavy job is very heavy job I don’t recommend
Pros
N/a
Cons
Heavy job
got no life?
freezer (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire23 February 2018
im writing this mainly towards PMP at ocado in Dordon. if youre looking for 5 working days straight, dont work here. if you want your weekends free, dont work here. however, if you want a basic, repetative job, this is a place for you. you will work 5 days a week, with your 2 days off broken up in between your working week. so you wont get a proper rest which is a killer if youre on morning shifts. the communication between the agency is poor and will get your shifts mixed up with what your actual rota is stating and will still call you at stupid o clock of the morning on your rest day to figure out where you are. the agency is ridiculous and closed minded towards sticky situations and would rather dismis you than work around a small problem. this is no surpirse as their staff turnover is stupidly high. id recomend this place if you dont mind the following things stated.

its a great building and a busy job. but not so good for a social life after work as you will not recieve proper rest and you will be always be tired. it becomes the norm.
Pros
clean facility, great cantine
Cons
arsy managers, the agency recruiters are numb
Brill company
Cstm driver (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 February 2018
I've just started at ocado (Sheffield branch) best job I've had,planning really good,staff are very helpful,I used to do 300 plus miles a day in my last employment, so this is a breeze, I hope I'm here 4 the foreseeable future.
every day is different as is every route
cstm (Current Employee) –  Dordon20 February 2018
I have enjoyed the various challenges of driving to various parts of the midlands at all times in all weathers meeting and talking to customers whilst delivering -when out on the road I feel like being my own boss again only wearing a uniform which prior I have never done .
Worst company ever
Customer Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London18 February 2018
The management are useless and planning of deliveries are impossible. Get used to customers complaining and putting in negative feedback on a daily basis. Ocado doesn’t know what they are doing, consider working for tesco as they have better management but pay isn’t the best. Trailer is always late and you have the short straw to inform the customers who are very inconsiderate.
Pros
Paid break Weekly Pay
Cons
Late trailer Customers false negative feedback
Do not look after their employees
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Dordon15 February 2018
Poor management and not looking after drivers, you could be told you have a long run and when you arrive it has changed to a short run or vice versa. This meant that you could not plan anything after work. Management do not look after their employees.
Pros
Money and benefits good
Cons
Runs change from short to long runs without enough notice
Its an easy job
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire11 February 2018
You have to be able to get on well with managers if you want to be have an easy life there. Most managers have their favourite people and if you go against one manager then be prepared to be picked on. Certain people can get away with a lot where as most people can not get away with it. The warehouse is manly made up of different cultures. If you are sick and they say you have to be off for 48 hours when you come back to work and if you have been off 3 times in a year they won't except being sick as an illness so you get stages.
Pros
Can't think of anything.
Cons
No life outside of ocado.
Very weird people
Warehouse picking (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire9 February 2018
At first I thought this was a great place to work, but after a while it gets very irritating being told what to do by all the other employees. Almost every single person that walks past your station feels it's their duty to be helpful by getting things for you and telling you what to do. It's very annoying!! Such a strange work culture.

But most importantly the repetitive nature of the work over a long shift is extremely bad on the body. A lot of people working there are in pain, but they have no other jobs to go to so they stick it out.

I bet none of the directors or shareholders would put their kids in a job like this. Such a selfish world.

Shorter shifts and a daily briefing telling everyone to mind their own business would make this a good company to work for.
Pros
Large free car park
Cons
Almost everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.