Ocado Employee Reviews

Boring and rubbish pay
customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Park Royal, Greater London24 June 2018
Boring place to work, could go in and not talk to anyone.
The Wage bracket on the website is wrong, says starting pay is £10 but is actually £8.90....
Backache,no social life and sliming their way through everything
Cstm (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire18 June 2018
The pay is terrific.but unfortunately that's all there is about this job that is terrific. They try to train you in how not to injure yourself doing this job(which is impossible with what they make you do) but have posters up about musculo skeletal disorders and advice on it.hmmmm

If someone lives on the 20th floor and has order 12 boxes of water they expect it taken up.you WILL hurt your back in this job.not maybe.not possibly.you WILL.

Then there's the customers who want it all brought in or to the back door or squeeze through a 6 inch gap to their front door. They really do take the mickey out of you then will phone up complaining and possibly costing you your job because they want a 10 quid voucher.

Customer services will drive you insane.they ring and ring and ring even though your DRIVING and can't answer.they will then call your spoke or cfc and tell on you for not answering.which will then get you punished.seems fair doesn't it? Customer services (Morrison's is the biggest culprit) will also call up lying about you saying you promised to go back a redeliver even though you spoke to nobody.

If you have kids you will never see them.same with friends.every bank holiday you will work and they think they're doing you a great service by giving you max 2 weekends off in 13 weeks. Cheers guys!!

So take my advice DO NOT work for Ocado.they are spiteful,selfish and cruel and don't give a rats butt about you or your safety and will tell you you just have "a weak back" when you injure yourself climbing those 20 flights of stairs 7 times.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Pretty much everything else
low moral
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire31 May 2018
Purley Ocado, they only care about the company and not there staff or there issues. a lot of the staff end up with depression as there is no support for the staff allowing customers to become abusive and sometimes emotionally violent towards staff. this is managed by the management giving the customer a voucher.
Pros
free bread
Cons
no suport
Not the best paying but good enviroment to work in
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Erith, Greater London29 May 2018
Management are friendly and respectful
Work within a non food warehouse picking packing and putting stuff into auto store so far so good as far as I'm concerned
Pros
Nice friendly people
Cons
Not the greatest pay and breaks are abit weird
dont work here
Goods In Operative (Former Employee) –  Andover26 May 2018
was doing really well worked hard then sacked for something that was not my fault not willing to listen to witness statements deleted half the cctv total stich up cant take them to a tribunal as not worked there for two years and they know it
Pros
easy enough job
Cons
they crying out for staff then sack the decent hard workers
total liars
cstm (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 May 2018
i was told that my shifs would be varied, anything from 5 am start, finishing up to midnite, and lots in the middle of that.
but after starting my training i was given my 12 wk rota, which was 2 wks of early starts (5am) and 2 weeks of lates finishes (midnite). not varied at all, nothing in between. spoke to several employees during my traiing wk who said "oh your one of the new starters on the turn around shift are you?" ie terrible hours
most of them working fridays, saturdays and sundays. very disappointed, the person who interviewed me shoul have been honest about the hours and days.
Pros
free coffee machine
Cons
liars, terrible hours
Nice people, bad salary, poor management and no progression
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire17 May 2018
I worked for ocado as an HR administrator as I wanted a career in HR. The work was extremely dull and repetitive - the majority of the day was spent booking meetings for HR advisors and printing out letters.
The salary was poor being so close to London (18k) and management style was terrible. My manager had no experience in HR and did not understand our job roles in depth.
Progression is a problem at ocado, as only a very small number of administrators move onto advisor roles or team leaders because progression is all focused on the graduates (who do the same job but earn 25k starting salary).
Only positive was that my team were amazing and genuinely lovely people!
Overall, I was disappointed with Ocado.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Dull job, low pay, poor management and no progression
Excellent workplace for those that fit in
Customer Service Team member (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 May 2018
Does not suit me personally as I am seeking mental challenges but if you are someone who enjoys driving and meeting people then it is a welcoming and enjoyable workplace
Different every day
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Ruislip, Greater London9 May 2018
-Earliest start 4:30 AM, Latest finish 12:00 AM
-Delivering food products to houses and or companies
-Deliveries ranged from Central London to Henley on Thames
- Management were very helpful
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
A very good job
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Dordon7 May 2018
High tech technology ,professionalism , good synchronisation , a good management and the managers very kind . I believe this is a very good opportunity to develop a career in the future .
Educational
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hatfield3 May 2018
Ocado was a really fun and exciting place to work due to the fact it was a massive warehouse and there was so much going on and some much that could be learnt !
No life if you work here
Customer Service Team Member CSTM) (Current Employee) –  Knowsley30 April 2018
skin and bone you alive worked here too long. and now they started planning after and before times slots. turn around routes so you come back and go out again!!! and alway get back late.. management don't care unless its time to give them a vote ... cant wait to find a new job... Salarys not bad, work almost every weekend in 13 weeks......
Pros
Cons
long trips, with min time to do it
Fantastic company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire29 April 2018
I loved every minute working for this company. Sadly I left to try further myself in another career but I would definitely work there again if the opportunity arose. Good management and great staff members.
ok
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 April 2018
you work am and pm shifts doing about 10 hours a day you learn how to be part off a team and alone and meet customers management are your typical managers hardest part off the job was the different start times best part was driving across uk
Bad management but good workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire27 April 2018
The workplace was good I enjoyed working in a warehouse however I was contracted to do 40 hours without overtime and they began to make me do around 50+ a week without requesting overtime which then made it hard to balance my home life
Pros
Benefits and bonuses
Cons
Long hours without request
Busy so you never get bored
Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Chilled zone pick26 April 2018
I just started here and on nights and pick. It's very fast paced if you want to keep up with targets and alot of walking. I'm loving the job for me it's perfect as I like to keep on the go and busy and also helps lose weight :D I prefer the night shift which is also extra money. My only wish is that they are set shifts. It's hard to get into a routine with sleep when one week you could do 4 nights in a row. Then 2 in 1 off 2 in 2 off and so on. But when you have like 1 day off it's difficult to find a sleep pattern. So I feel set shifts would be better for night shift workers as it's a very demanding Job so you do burn out quickly and walking so much with safety shoes on kills your feet. People so far are very nice. I don't like walking round and not being able to understand a word alot of them are saying and honestly I don't think it should be aloud that way. Everyone should speak the same language whilst at work. But I like the place at the moment and hope I'm here for a while. Great pay for me as I get an extra £400 a month to what I originally earned without any overtime which is great!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not set shifts on nights
Great team environment.
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
I enjoyed the independence of the job and travelling around the country seeing new places everyday as a delivery driver. I met people at the doors of their homes and it was always nice to see the smile of a customer receiving their delivery on time.
Pros
Flexibility and independence.
Cons
Weather affects the job.
Not secure and demoralising
CSTM (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 April 2018
I left a secure job for Ocado thinking it would be better- it was not worth it. They hand out disciplinary for anything and everything. Managers don’t say morning to you as you walk in the building. Nobody knows your name just your hand scan number. Expected to drive around for 10 hours straight with a 30 min break that could be 8 hours into the shift. Not good pay for how the job makes u feel. the turnover of staff is unbelievable as they don’t care for people only the company. Do not apply for this job you WILL regret it
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, poor management, dissatisfaction everyday
It’s a friendly environment to work in and everyone gets on together
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire16 April 2018
I have learned many things working here, I have learned how to speak to customers in the right way and how I can help them, a typical day at work includes working on he tills and cleaning and making sure everything looks presentable
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Distance
Best paid job I have ever had, overtime available too
CSTM (Current Employee) –  Leeds14 April 2018
How people can moan is beyond me, yes it involves some lifting so what? The people that moan are the one's that have come from a job that involves sat on their rear ends doing nothing for 40k a year. If like me your coming from a job that is £7 per hour then this is quality, you get different rates of pay, basic mon to sat on am shifts then extra on pm and you get even extra om sunday's and if you do any overtime above 40 hours its just short of double time. Easy job aswell you average what 11 to 25 drops, the less drops you get the more miles you have to drive is usually the case, in leeds we cover to hull then the other way burnley, rochdale and everywhere in between. You turn up, print your route off you go, no loading or unloading your vans as the warehouse guys do it, its just like been your own boss, stop when you want, eat when you want as long as your on time for your drops your left alone, been there a few year now and I love it to be honest it beats been stuck inside with a manager on your back.
Pros
Early finishes, eat when you want, good money
Cons
None for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.