Ocado Employee Review

physically challenging
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Tamworth6 February 2018
Low wages. You are just a number. Management is obsessed with production. Very controlling place to work. oads of running around, freezing cold working in the fridge and freezers
Pros
good breaks
Cons
shift patterns

Other Ocado Employee Reviews

total liars
cstm (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 May 2018
i was told that my shifs would be varied, anything from 5 am start, finishing up to midnite, and lots in the middle of that.
but after starting my training i was given my 12 wk rota, which was 2 wks of early starts (5am) and 2 weeks of lates finishes (midnite). not varied at all, nothing in between. spoke to several employees during my traiing wk who said "oh your one of the new starters on the turn around shift are you?" ie terrible hours
most of them working fridays, saturdays and sundays. very disappointed, the person who interviewed me shoul have been honest about the hours and days.
Pros
free coffee machine
Cons
liars, terrible hours
Nice people, bad salary, poor management and no progression
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire17 May 2018
I worked for ocado as an HR administrator as I wanted a career in HR. The work was extremely dull and repetitive - the majority of the day was spent booking meetings for HR advisors and printing out letters.
The salary was poor being so close to London (18k) and management style was terrible. My manager had no experience in HR and did not understand our job roles in depth.
Progression is a problem at ocado, as only a very small number of administrators move onto advisor roles or team leaders because progression is all focused on the graduates (who do the same job but earn 25k starting salary).
Only positive was that my team were amazing and genuinely lovely people!
Overall, I was disappointed with Ocado.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Dull job, low pay, poor management and no progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.