Ocado Pay & Benefits reviews

Nice workplace
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Hatfield5 November 2018
Its a very good company, tidy , and nice, people there are very supportive and helpful , there is always a good team work everybody is very friendly ,...
Pros
cheap food
Cons
long hours can get ovetimes
Nice and easy
CSTM Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London3 November 2018
Don’t listen to all the people saying that is terrible! Yeah if you are lazy and you can’t be bothered to follow the company rules you will get sacked.
Other than that is a brilliant driving job! You get a nice loaded sprinter and all you need to do is drive and unload. The working hours are very good in my opinion and booking holidays is very easy using their app. Management is always helpful and positive and they seem to really care for the people that are doing their job.The benefits pack is brilliant and you get a very good training before you go on the road.
Free coffee and parking for employees + a really nice chill area with pool table.
Overall I am really enjoying working for Ocado and I am happy to be part of their team
Pros
Free parking, Free Coffee, Good pay, Lovely Managers
Cons
Navigation could be bad
Maintenance Technical Assistant
MaintenanceTechnical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire1 November 2018
Hours: Mon-Fri but one week starting at 6am so getting up in the middle of the night for no extra pay or benefits.

Job role: terrible, should be called deep cleaner. Only advancement avaliable if your face fits.

Management: The worst structure, attitude I have ever experienced in my whole career. Lie till they are blue in the face to you.

Safety: SSOW not kept up to date, expected to crawl under live conveyors to clean so not to disrupt the decanting operation. Objects of food produce flying all over the place.

My advise, if you know the managment you will get on fine. If not, expect to be used & abused.

Career advancement: generally go external for higher positions as the excuse of we have used all our current skill set for the required job roles.
If your lucky to get training to progress you might be lucky to progress.

9 leavers in 6 months off my shift alone.
Avoid
HR Adviser (Current Employee) –  North London, Greater London25 October 2018
Awful company to work for. Management are made up of friends of people who work there. Massive disparity between head office and the reality of the depots. Terrible ethics and literally no morals at all.
Pros
Cons
Poor salary, poor ethics and management
was ok
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hatfield18 October 2018
It was such a long time ago that I worked here, I can't quite remember the place, I believe it was quite strict when it came to picking and packing. was an okay job.
Pros
canteen
Cons
picking/packing
tiring and low pay
personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 October 2018
a typical day at ocado would consist of an early start and long hours with unpaid breaks which in my opinion were not long enough to fully relax from the physically demanding job.
busy work environment
CSTM (Former Employee) –  DAGENHAM16 October 2018
always busy and stressful everyday.

increase in geographical awareness

management is sometimes fair but mostly, they dont care about you

good friendly workforce

lots of heavy lifting / good cardio workout/ injuries will occur

wages are good if you do the overtime
Pros
free hot drinks
Cons
long dours
Poor management, long hours
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire9 October 2018
No bad job, long hours, very bad management must of them doesn't respect you... just because you are a personal shopper they think u are a rubbish. If u want to grown in the company you will need to have friends on top. You can be a hard work but for them u are just a number
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no respect from the managers, low wages, planning have no ideia what to do, some OM have no ideia how to speak with people...
they don't care
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire6 October 2018
3 sickness and your out i had 1 sickness and accident at work and 1 allergic reaction they through me out the door they dont give second chances to anyone
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Relaxed and fun workplace
Digital Designer (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire1 October 2018
Ocado is a relaxed and fun environment to work in. There are lots of opportunities to get involved with new projects and lots of social activities you can join in with too. Working there is like being part of a big family. The only negative is that the hours are long
Pros
free food, brown bag lunches, social activities
brillant job
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
i would recommend this job to all delivery drivers because the way ocado do things you have a monthly router so you no whats days you are working. you don't have to load your van. everything is computer rise and you get good benefits.
You are not a human being,you are a number
Driver (Former Employee) –  Park Royal, Greater London22 September 2018
Nothing to do here,look for another job!

Do not bother with this company. You are practically a slave for a company that only cares for the numbers,not people....

Bad wages

No breaks

No holiday when you want

No days off when you need

No weekends off,ever!

In essence you are delivering 20-40 kilos! to people living on the 7th floor with no lifts. Parking is an issue always
Pros
Cons
all described
Good place to work hard
Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Hatfield15 September 2018
if you are hard worker thats the place for you. Picking up heavy stuff, input data in the system, work fast as of that depends the bonus you will receive.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
heavy job
Great pay
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire31 August 2018
It was a good place to work, the people there were lovely but the hours dragged. The food in the canteen was amazing and the company shop prices were insanely amazing.
Pros
4 days a week working
Long hours bad salary
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 August 2018
Less pay with long hrs of work and no one will ever appreciate you or your team for your hard work. Promoting people is based on god knows what reasons. People are getting sick and tired and no one has motivation to work. People will work hard if they get appreciated as an individual or a team.
Pros
Cons
Long lost
ok place to work, just not for me
Personal Shopper Freezer (Current Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire7 August 2018
friendly management and ok place to work, hard work and long hours and not a lot of breaks, ok pay, longish commute for me and the job just isnt for everyone.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Long work days
Stressful but rewarding environment
Customer service team member (Former Employee) –  Stanford on Teme10 July 2018
I found myself to be challenge a lot at ocado which made the long stretches of driving less monotonous, and you were rewarded for your effort. If you are looking for a steady job that pays well with good benefits, that when you leave you can forget about the work and go home to relax then yeah its great. Also there were opportunities to grow with the company if you so choose.
Pros
good bonuses and supportive staff
Cons
changing shifts pattern from lates to earlys
minimal wage with pervert people
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire6 July 2018
minimal wage with pervert people. if you work to make the bonus. the pervert people from there will use the system and move you around to lose the bonus!
Boring and rubbish pay
customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Park Royal, Greater London24 June 2018
Boring place to work, could go in and not talk to anyone.
The Wage bracket on the website is wrong, says starting pay is £10 but is actually £8.90....
Nice people, bad salary, poor management and no progression
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire17 May 2018
I worked for ocado as an HR administrator as I wanted a career in HR. The work was extremely dull and repetitive - the majority of the day was spent booking meetings for HR advisors and printing out letters.
The salary was poor being so close to London (18k) and management style was terrible. My manager had no experience in HR and did not understand our job roles in depth.
Progression is a problem at ocado, as only a very small number of administrators move onto advisor roles or team leaders because progression is all focused on the graduates (who do the same job but earn 25k starting salary).
Only positive was that my team were amazing and genuinely lovely people!
Overall, I was disappointed with Ocado.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Dull job, low pay, poor management and no progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.