Ocado Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Good company
CSTM DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  London18 December 2017
Everything is planned do van checks of you go for deliveries
easy job some time stairs might be problem parking for ocado you are only a number ! but better than tesco asda etc..
Wages are Ok cant complain a lot of bonus and benefits
Pros
weekly wages everything is planned fair company
Cons
shifts might be mornings or evening's - costumer might be rude
Very fun
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 December 2017
Ocado is a good place to work with a good working life balance depending on the shift pattern you work. The job can be demanding in difficult weather conditions but is rewarding.
Not bad, but if you don't mind to be treated like a dog then be my guest.
Delivery Driver, CSTM (Former Employee) –  Weybridge31 October 2017
Really badly run company. Used to be great from what I heard hence why I joined. But after probation I quickly realised what is wrong with this place and why does it have such a big turnover in staff. Management in my branch was good and never had any problems (kind of), but equipment wise (van, U1/M1, smartdrive) ITS TRAGIC. If you are smart enough and get to know the equipment and tricks around Ocado then you be fine otherwise find something else. You simply 85% of times wont make it on time.
And when you are late (3hours because the lorries are late and your van is not loaded). Have fun!

Whats the point in struggling? And loosing your licence for £330 a week if you lucky.

Oh yeah and no weekends for you 6 weeks in a row.
Pros
Flexibility, weekly payment, Miocado
Cons
Big *ucking mess of a place!
difficult backbreaking work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2017
hours include 0530 starts, the shift will require over 20 drops to places that will include flats with fights of stairs.Unrealistic targets, no breaks.
Pros
zero
Cons
back breaking work, no breaks nonstop
Unrealistic work
CSTM delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield11 September 2017
Either have to be there at half 5 in the morning or at 3pm. I started at 3 and got home at half 1 when i was meant to be done at 11. You're given too many drops to do in an hour and the way the route is planned is so that you do a rough loop into London then back to base. Not taking into account the hour time slot the customer has arranged for you to drop to them. Meaning, when you get your route, you're already automatically going to be late for about 4 customers due to poor route planning, and by the time you've done the first 4 drops you're out of sync anyways and have to pull over and ring all the other customers saying you're going to be late which throws you back another half hour. Furthermore, the vans are often loaded incorrectly meaning before you have even left the van has to be reloaded knocking you back half an hour before you've left. The job is poorly organised, the items are thrown in by the warehouse staff so when you get to a drop milk has exploded all over the shopping. Not once did i stop for a break, never finished early, you are truly overworked and your back will be so achey by the end of the day. Honestly, I'd look elsewhere i did two weeks and threw the towel in as the stress i was experiencing was not worth the £72 a day.
Pros
Cons
no social life
Working for Ocado.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Avonmouth23 August 2017
Ocado is good to work for if you like to have a set number of drops each day, instead of loads of multi drops, it is a bit less pressure. The driving aspect of the job can be quite enjoyable as you get to see some really nice scenery when delivering to certain areas, but not so good when you get delayed in traffic and have difficulty finding a customers address. You generally work early or late shifts with varying start times, which is good because you can still enjoy part of your day, but not so good when it comes to arranging childcare.
Pros
15% Company Discount
Cons
Weekly pay. No fixed hours.
Awful company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birstall17 July 2017
Management are awful, don't care about you what so ever. In a nutshell the only good thing about working for ocado is the customers you deliver too...
Pros
Cons
everything
Very good experience. Good communication and support
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London12 July 2017
Work with Ocado Was a very good experience for me, help me to be a better professional, a better man and more responsible as well , they teache us to be very kind with our customer and try to solve any problem that could be happening, Ocado give to us freedom to act and give our best, sometimes we were compensated with customer feedback. Is true that some days was more difficult than the others and it was not always easy but the camaraderie and the atmosphere that existed exceeded the difficulties.
I really appreciate the fact that they never put pressure on us.
I left because I moved to Wolverhampton!
Pros
Some days better than others
Cons
Traffic and flats without lift
Dreadful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London5 July 2017
Wow, after many years working in a real conglomerate company for many years, of which many was in hr. I was totally shocked at the incompentence of management when dealing with staff and company policy(s).
No idea. No signed interview notes!!! Pulled straight in for probationary interviews, without the 5 day invite being sent. Completly ignoring employees requests for occupational health initiation. Complete lack of duty of care.
Employees dont challenge this company, as they believe they dont have grounds, due to termination during probation. Not true!!!!
They are a complete joke when it comes to process's and procedures!!!
Pros
Shopping loaded onto van for drivers.
Cons
Management abilities very questionable. Any excuse to dismiss.
productive workplace
Delivery Driver (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent26 June 2017
very good company, enjoyed lone working and seeing new places. mostly delivered to peoples homes with grocery shopping, also delivered to work places and offices in London, such places include the shard and I often drive past Big Ben and London bridge.

The hardest part of the job is having to work different days every week and different times.

if this was a Monday to Friday, 9-5 job I wouldn't even be looking at other jobs but for personal reason it I have to look at other options.
Good work place
Delivery Driver Marshall (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 May 2017
Good company to work for! Good pay and no 2 days are the same. Busy days with lots of drops can sometimes be hard going and if staff shortages can become busy
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London1 May 2017
Enjoy working with Ocado, would recommend to anyone looking for something new. 10 hours shifts over 4 day night and day. Work with a good team of staff
no life
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire29 April 2017
A lot of heavy lifting, and the wage at the end of the week is not a lot. The management are racist and a waste. early starts as early as 5.00am. Flat deliveries are the worst.
Pros
finish early
Cons
less wage
fast paced
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ruislip, Greater London , White City25 April 2017
is a good company to work for but the pressure on the drivers to get all the fresh and frozen foods to the customers are piled up as the route organiser puts 40+ deliveries per shifts. not good when you have to go to central London and sit in loads of traffic
Pros
get 20% discount on certain items of shopping
Cons
to many deliveries for one driver to do in one shift
a load of rubbish! go to McDonald's
Customer Service Team Member (delivery driver) (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 March 2017
only good thing is the money ( when you do lates) managers literally do not care about you 1 bit you get sent out miles away from base and if everything goes caput all they have to say is we dont have the resources to help you, im currently working for this company and have only worked for them for 6 months and looking for a new job, if you dont like talking to people enjoy being left alone and have no social life you would probably enjoy the job, but in reality the back breaking work you do for the wage is ridiculous in the time frames you have, i dont care how fit you are, it will break u eventually. if your looking for something to put you on maybe worth a punt as you have to be a dimwit not to get the job, but if your looking for something half decent or a future career look else where! the progression in this job is to an even worse job of loading the vans (marshall) and you will sit on that job for years! for 50p extra?! they pride themselves on smart technology that doesnt work?
Pros
benifits
Cons
back breaking/ no managerial support/ insufficient tools for the job
Good experience
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London7 March 2017
Delivering groceries to customers, have developed a higher level of customer service within myself. Difficulties with the job would be delivering to a customer on the fourth floor with no lift. Making people smile is always a joy.
Pros
Automatic van
Cons
Bags packed badly sometimes
not to bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield4 February 2017
was an ok company to work for apart from some deliveries required me to carry the customers shopping up 10 flights of stairs no lift
Pros
good benifits
Cons
heavey lifting
The best place to work very good look after
Cstm delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station, Greater London31 January 2017
Very good company I enjoyed every day I was so happy good people to work with this was my best work for long time
Time kippen understand hard working people
Pros
Cons
10 hours
You'll only ever be known as a number !
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire25 January 2017
As a delivery driver expect a 13 week rota that has no work/life balance and a different start and finish time every day. You can start at 5:30am one day and then 8:30am the next followed by a day off and then an afternoon shift. Expect to work most weekends as you will probably only get 2 or 3 weekends off in your 13 week rota. Don't plan on getting your holidays when you want as most Saturday and Sunday's are already fully booked several months in advance. The work is fairly steady when everything works as it should but once there's a delay at the depot, a problem with your van or a traffic jam on the road then expect to take the full force of the customers wrath with no back-up or support from the company. I've never worked at a place that is so poor at supporting it's employees, in short if a customer complains then as far as the company is concerned you are guilty unless you can prove your innocence. They have rules for everything and anything and it's the only job I've ever had where being sacked is a daily threat hanging over you. It's an unskilled job and the Management make it quite clear that if you mess up or challenge anything anything there's another 5 waiting to take you place. No career prospects and no company loyalty.
You will only ever be a number !
Pros
The occasional early finish
Cons
Lack of support and loyalty from both the Managers & the Company
Easy job
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent11 January 2017
Once you find your feet you'll fly thru your routes. Everyone is friendly and up for a laugh. Good a rearranging holiday if you need days off or can swap your shifts with other cstms
Pros
Finishing early
Cons
Early starts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.

Ocado Reviews by Location