Ocado Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Disappointment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Park Royal, Greater London12 October 2018
I was working with this company for 10 months. Few months into the job I got pulled up because I had 3 absences within 6months, taking into account they were for a good reason. Was given a stage 1. Was late once within those 10 months and I was sent home because I arrived 1 minute late.
I was attacked when making a delivery and I got suspended for two weeks.
After this I got sucked with a Lousy explanation manager did not care at all about my safety they were much worried about the company’s reputation.
What a joke of company it all seem very good at the beginning turning out to be a awful company.
“Not everything that shines is gold”
Pros
Great colleagues ( drivers)
Cons
Computer system rubbish
brillant job
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
i would recommend this job to all delivery drivers because the way ocado do things you have a monthly router so you no whats days you are working. you don't have to load your van. everything is computer rise and you get good benefits.
Don't do it. Just.....don't!
CSTM Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 September 2018
Management couldn't care less about you. Poor wages. Routes are a joke. Sat-navs are useless. Marshalls are all up their own a***s. Vans are all in s**t state. Shift times are ridiculous (don't expect a social life.....or a family life........or just a life in general).

In short: back-breaking, stressful work that pays peanuts whilst the management with screw you over the first chance they get.
Pros
Clocking out.
Cons
How long have you got?
Absolutely Shocking place to work
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire2 August 2018
Management don’t care and pin anything that goes wrong on you.

No work/life balance whatsoever and expect to work the majority of the weekends in the set roster. Impossible to book holidays in advance as they’re never available. No flexibility with shifts.

If you have a family with children this is not the place for you.

JUST A NUMBER IN THAT PLACE!
Pros
Cheap canteen
Cons
None at all
Poorly managed and managers don't care
Customer Service Team Member (Delivery Driver) (Current Employee) –  Hatfield1 August 2018
Been working at the Hatfield branch nearly a year. When you first start, the job is all good. You're given like 15 drops in Colchester or 9 in Ipswich. But as time goes on I ended up getting London everyday and a minimum of 24 drops. A 20 minute break which you never really take because you're usually running late. The vans are usually incorrectly loaded and the loaders always moan about fixing it or they say take it how it is. The managers aren't great, I went to one asking for some overtime as I was struggling with money & he told me to get a part time job. 40 hours of evening work gets me £389 before tax. There's been a few occasions when I've gone in and been sent home without pay for Ocado's miscommunications. If you ask for help you won't get it as the managers really don't care & they're rude. 3 days Absense will get you an Absense investigation meeting. Everything you do is recorded on camera in the cab and they will pull you on every thing. If you clock out after your shift finishes you're paid overtime but if you clock in before your shift starts you aren't paid for it.Customer service is always helpful! I could go on but who's really read this far!
Pros
Discounted on site store & weekly pay
Cons
Poor management, poor route planning, poor everything.
Job as no other
CSTM Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield Lock, Essex10 July 2018
I've worked for Hatfield branch back in 2014 and quit after 8-9 months. 3 months later reapplied to Enfield as it was closer to my address. The difference between those to depots are that Enfield delivered Morrisons goods. Wich means less posh customers, less houses instead you get more flats, more stairs and no lifts.
Job is easy at the begining, no many drops no hard areas but once you improved it gets harder, it gets to the point that you cant no longer do it cus at some point your body gives up on you, mentally and physically. Personally I think that delivery to central London should be prohibited as its not possible to park and deliver anywhere in this place especialy in the time slot company force you to stick to.
Apart of great customer skills and driving abilities you will be required to have ability to calm yourself down very often. Also usful may become to have a lot of physical strength and some fighting skills. Not only to carry the shopping to the top floor of 4 story building while your van is parked half a mile down the road but you may need it if you find yourself in trouble with local mob trying rob your van, as it happeed to me or fuming angry drivers because you blocked the narrow road for 10min due to no parking. I've worked there very short period of time but could write a book about this job. The good think about this company is that ppl are very nice and you get to meet some top guys there. Unfortunately low pay, highly stressful job environment(stress regarding only driving and parking in busy city) and weird hours disqualifies this job in my books.
Pros
being your own boss on the road, early finishes
Cons
low pay, high level of stress, unsociable hours
Pay is good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds1 July 2018
Mananger s don’t Care, all they care about is that you make your delivers . They say if you don’t like it then you can find another job. Call centre very unhelpful
Pros
Pay
Cons
Shocking place company to work for. Simple.
CSTM Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London25 June 2018
I spent over 12 weeks in the Wimbledon depot as a CSTM. What a joke, mangers behind the desk were rude, my evening pay wasn't paid accordingly, when you do 7.5hrs a day you are paid only up to when you finish your round. You have no life.

If you are sick 3 times you are spoken too about weather or not they can authorise these absences or not. Everything you do is watched. Please don't work at Wimbledon they try to talk to you like your a kid.
Pros
Cons
Don't ever work for them
Different every day
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Ruislip, Greater London9 May 2018
-Earliest start 4:30 AM, Latest finish 12:00 AM
-Delivering food products to houses and or companies
-Deliveries ranged from Central London to Henley on Thames
- Management were very helpful
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
ok
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 April 2018
you work am and pm shifts doing about 10 hours a day you learn how to be part off a team and alone and meet customers management are your typical managers hardest part off the job was the different start times best part was driving across uk
Fun Workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 February 2018
Ocado is a very good place to work for, very professional and very friendly. always willing to help with any problems on shift and off shift.
fair work load between all drivers
Good company
CSTM DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  London18 December 2017
Everything is planned do van checks of you go for deliveries
easy job some time stairs might be problem parking for ocado you are only a number ! but better than tesco asda etc..
Wages are Ok cant complain a lot of bonus and benefits
Pros
weekly wages everything is planned fair company
Cons
shifts might be mornings or evening's - costumer might be rude
Very fun
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 December 2017
Ocado is a good place to work with a good working life balance depending on the shift pattern you work. The job can be demanding in difficult weather conditions but is rewarding.
Not bad, but if you don't mind to be treated like a dog then be my guest.
Delivery Driver, CSTM (Former Employee) –  Weybridge31 October 2017
Really badly run company. Used to be great from what I heard hence why I joined. But after probation I quickly realised what is wrong with this place and why does it have such a big turnover in staff. Management in my branch was good and never had any problems (kind of), but equipment wise (van, U1/M1, smartdrive) ITS TRAGIC. If you are smart enough and get to know the equipment and tricks around Ocado then you be fine otherwise find something else. You simply 85% of times wont make it on time.
And when you are late (3hours because the lorries are late and your van is not loaded). Have fun!

Whats the point in struggling? And loosing your licence for £330 a week if you lucky.

Oh yeah and no weekends for you 6 weeks in a row.
Pros
Flexibility, weekly payment, Miocado
Cons
Big *ucking mess of a place!
difficult backbreaking work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2017
hours include 0530 starts, the shift will require over 20 drops to places that will include flats with fights of stairs.Unrealistic targets, no breaks.
Pros
zero
Cons
back breaking work, no breaks nonstop
Unrealistic work
CSTM delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield11 September 2017
Either have to be there at half 5 in the morning or at 3pm. I started at 3 and got home at half 1 when i was meant to be done at 11. You're given too many drops to do in an hour and the way the route is planned is so that you do a rough loop into London then back to base. Not taking into account the hour time slot the customer has arranged for you to drop to them. Meaning, when you get your route, you're already automatically going to be late for about 4 customers due to poor route planning, and by the time you've done the first 4 drops you're out of sync anyways and have to pull over and ring all the other customers saying you're going to be late which throws you back another half hour. Furthermore, the vans are often loaded incorrectly meaning before you have even left the van has to be reloaded knocking you back half an hour before you've left. The job is poorly organised, the items are thrown in by the warehouse staff so when you get to a drop milk has exploded all over the shopping. Not once did i stop for a break, never finished early, you are truly overworked and your back will be so achey by the end of the day. Honestly, I'd look elsewhere i did two weeks and threw the towel in as the stress i was experiencing was not worth the £72 a day.
Pros
Cons
no social life
Working for Ocado.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Avonmouth23 August 2017
Ocado is good to work for if you like to have a set number of drops each day, instead of loads of multi drops, it is a bit less pressure. The driving aspect of the job can be quite enjoyable as you get to see some really nice scenery when delivering to certain areas, but not so good when you get delayed in traffic and have difficulty finding a customers address. You generally work early or late shifts with varying start times, which is good because you can still enjoy part of your day, but not so good when it comes to arranging childcare.
Pros
15% Company Discount
Cons
Weekly pay. No fixed hours.
Awful company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birstall17 July 2017
Management are awful, don't care about you what so ever. In a nutshell the only good thing about working for ocado is the customers you deliver too...
Pros
Cons
everything
Very good experience. Good communication and support
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London12 July 2017
Work with Ocado Was a very good experience for me, help me to be a better professional, a better man and more responsible as well , they teache us to be very kind with our customer and try to solve any problem that could be happening, Ocado give to us freedom to act and give our best, sometimes we were compensated with customer feedback. Is true that some days was more difficult than the others and it was not always easy but the camaraderie and the atmosphere that existed exceeded the difficulties.
I really appreciate the fact that they never put pressure on us.
I left because I moved to Wolverhampton!
Pros
Some days better than others
Cons
Traffic and flats without lift
Dreadful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London5 July 2017
Wow, after many years working in a real conglomerate company for many years, of which many was in hr. I was totally shocked at the incompentence of management when dealing with staff and company policy(s).
No idea. No signed interview notes!!! Pulled straight in for probationary interviews, without the 5 day invite being sent. Completly ignoring employees requests for occupational health initiation. Complete lack of duty of care.
Employees dont challenge this company, as they believe they dont have grounds, due to termination during probation. Not true!!!!
They are a complete joke when it comes to process's and procedures!!!
Pros
Shopping loaded onto van for drivers.
Cons
Management abilities very questionable. Any excuse to dismiss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.

Ocado Reviews by Location