Ocado Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Nice and easy
CSTM Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London3 November 2018
Don’t listen to all the people saying that is terrible! Yeah if you are lazy and you can’t be bothered to follow the company rules you will get sacked.
Other than that is a brilliant driving job! You get a nice loaded sprinter and all you need to do is drive and unload. The working hours are very good in my opinion and booking holidays is very easy using their app. Management is always helpful and positive and they seem to really care for the people that are doing their job.The benefits pack is brilliant and you get a very good training before you go on the road.
Free coffee and parking for employees + a really nice chill area with pool table.
Overall I am really enjoying working for Ocado and I am happy to be part of their team
Pros
Free parking, Free Coffee, Good pay, Lovely Managers
Cons
Navigation could be bad
brillant job
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
i would recommend this job to all delivery drivers because the way ocado do things you have a monthly router so you no whats days you are working. you don't have to load your van. everything is computer rise and you get good benefits.
Different every day
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Ruislip, Greater London9 May 2018
-Earliest start 4:30 AM, Latest finish 12:00 AM
-Delivering food products to houses and or companies
-Deliveries ranged from Central London to Henley on Thames
- Management were very helpful
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Absolutely Shocking place to work
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire2 August 2018
Management don’t care and pin anything that goes wrong on you.

No work/life balance whatsoever and expect to work the majority of the weekends in the set roster. Impossible to book holidays in advance as they’re never available. No flexibility with shifts.

If you have a family with children this is not the place for you.

JUST A NUMBER IN THAT PLACE!
Pros
Cheap canteen
Cons
None at all
Disappointment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Park Royal, Greater London12 October 2018
I was working with this company for 10 months. Few months into the job I got pulled up because I had 3 absences within 6months, taking into account they were for a good reason. Was given a stage 1. Was late once within those 10 months and I was sent home because I arrived 1 minute late.
I was attacked when making a delivery and I got suspended for two weeks.
After this I got sucked with a Lousy explanation manager did not care at all about my safety they were much worried about the company’s reputation.
What a joke of company it all seem very good at the beginning turning out to be a awful company.
“Not everything that shines is gold”
Pros
Great colleagues ( drivers)
Cons
Computer system rubbish
Awful Company
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dordon25 October 2018
Awful company to work for, treat the staff terribly, with no respect and will sack you over nothing. Massively high turnover of staff and always advertising.
Dont bother if you're looking for a job where you are treated more than just a number or want job security cos you wont get it!!!!
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Food Delivery Driver
Food Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London29 October 2018
My typical shift started by signing in using hand recognition. I would be assigned a route and a pre loaded van. After checking the correct loading of the van I would make numerous drops across a variety of locations ranging from West London to Reading.
It was a very well structured organisation however, the job could challenging for time to time. Mostly when making deliveries in flats without lifts, finding parking in difficult areas in London (Red Routes) and finding addresses in remote areas.
I did however enjoy interacting with my customers.
The managers were very supportive at all times.
Cons
A long commute
0 to zero. Pathetic
CSTM Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield solar way2 January 2019
Only one manager there was cool I respect that.
All I can say is pathetic, no privacy no consideration for cstms. Managers think they are some bosses walking into work in louis vuitton trainers they sack 150 drivers a week and take another 100 on board. Why the ...... would you laugh if you have an accident
Very pathetic . Keep working for 24 a year driving your financed cars around thinking your bosses. And there is no hate from my side these people just act inhuman . My one cost more then arm an ammer not financed.
They sponsor ocado but you work for Morrisons. Devices are pathetic to they stop working takes 1 hour to come back on you call managers they tell you use your own sat nav on your phone .... wait is that not customer data protection ??? Also becareful you don't clip your mirrors because you get taken to your last warning if you do . They basically look for every excuse to get rid off you . They didn't like me apart from one manager .

Would not recommend to anyone.
Terrible shift patterns not good for human health we are not robots.
The people that write good reviews about these mugs are mugs and deluded them selfs.
Cons
Don't do it. Just.....don't!
CSTM Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 September 2018
Management couldn't care less about you. Poor wages. Routes are a joke. Sat-navs are useless. Marshalls are all up their own a***s. Vans are all in s**t state. Shift times are ridiculous (don't expect a social life.....or a family life........or just a life in general).

In short: back-breaking, stressful work that pays peanuts whilst the management with screw you over the first chance they get.
Pros
Clocking out.
Cons
How long have you got?
I love the job and pay
CSTM Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dordon Tamworth2 January 2019
Never been on so much money, chances of overtime. Managers very helpful, and if you can't find address phone customer and they help you. Work phone provided and the new devices are brill. Been there nearly a year now and I'm loving it. Old devices are rubbish as they keep crashing but are being phased out with new vans being delivered.
Pros
Pre loaded van good pay and friendly managers
Cons
Old devices crash a lot, but being replaced with new devices
Good company
CSTM DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  London18 December 2017
Everything is planned do van checks of you go for deliveries
easy job some time stairs might be problem parking for ocado you are only a number ! but better than tesco asda etc..
Wages are Ok cant complain a lot of bonus and benefits
Pros
weekly wages everything is planned fair company
Cons
shifts might be mornings or evening's - costumer might be rude
Ocado not good company
CSTM Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire16 November 2018
if you want to be persecuted and/or discriminated by mangers go work for Ocado, the pay is ok, London drops can be very hard such as 13 floor no lift with up to 80 kgs of water, milk, coke and/or juice. Most flats I delivered to had water.
Pros
Van loaded for you, pay
Cons
Persecuted, discrimination
Rubbish place to work donkey work and mangers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 October 2018
Managers don’t care about any driver at all there have never done a hard days driving even tho they say it’s all lies impossible routes computer systems a joke always crashes
Pros
Cons
It’s a joke simple
delivery driver oxford
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire9 July 2018
the van is preloaded for you. there can be delays going out (not a huge problem).
personally for me, I always felt I was 'chasing time' there seems to be no time to drive quietly and in a relaxed manner to get to the next drop.

I always made time it is pretty much job and finish, average approx. 30 -60 mins early finish, you are allowed to go home.....fully paid.

I rarely took a meal break (although its built into the route).
Shocking place company to work for. Simple.
CSTM Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London25 June 2018
I spent over 12 weeks in the Wimbledon depot as a CSTM. What a joke, mangers behind the desk were rude, my evening pay wasn't paid accordingly, when you do 7.5hrs a day you are paid only up to when you finish your round. You have no life.

If you are sick 3 times you are spoken too about weather or not they can authorise these absences or not. Everything you do is watched. Please don't work at Wimbledon they try to talk to you like your a kid.
Pros
Cons
Don't ever work for them
a load of rubbish! go to McDonald's
Customer Service Team Member (delivery driver) (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 March 2017
only good thing is the money ( when you do lates) managers literally do not care about you 1 bit you get sent out miles away from base and if everything goes caput all they have to say is we dont have the resources to help you, im currently working for this company and have only worked for them for 6 months and looking for a new job, if you dont like talking to people enjoy being left alone and have no social life you would probably enjoy the job, but in reality the back breaking work you do for the wage is ridiculous in the time frames you have, i dont care how fit you are, it will break u eventually. if your looking for something to put you on maybe worth a punt as you have to be a dimwit not to get the job, but if your looking for something half decent or a future career look else where! the progression in this job is to an even worse job of loading the vans (marshall) and you will sit on that job for years! for 50p extra?! they pride themselves on smart technology that doesnt work?
Pros
benifits
Cons
back breaking/ no managerial support/ insufficient tools for the job
Pay is good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds1 July 2018
Mananger s don’t Care, all they care about is that you make your delivers . They say if you don’t like it then you can find another job. Call centre very unhelpful
Pros
Pay
ok
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 April 2018
you work am and pm shifts doing about 10 hours a day you learn how to be part off a team and alone and meet customers management are your typical managers hardest part off the job was the different start times best part was driving across uk
Enjoyable place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sheffield12 November 2016
Easy job routes are all pre planned amd loaded onto a device called a u1 u do the drop then you press go for the next one easy as that early finishes weekly pay and bonus and benefits skeems to you mite cover miles but neaver exceed your 8hours working time the pay is fairly good as changes depending on shift time if i can remember in Sheffield where i worked it was between £9 / £12 overall great job for the money. Dont listen to carnt doers and complainers there in and out of jobs for a reason!
Pros
Friendly good pay easy reliable job
Job as no other
CSTM Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield Lock, Essex10 July 2018
I've worked for Hatfield branch back in 2014 and quit after 8-9 months. 3 months later reapplied to Enfield as it was closer to my address. The difference between those to depots are that Enfield delivered Morrisons goods. Wich means less posh customers, less houses instead you get more flats, more stairs and no lifts.
Job is easy at the begining, no many drops no hard areas but once you improved it gets harder, it gets to the point that you cant no longer do it cus at some point your body gives up on you, mentally and physically. Personally I think that delivery to central London should be prohibited as its not possible to park and deliver anywhere in this place especialy in the time slot company force you to stick to.
Apart of great customer skills and driving abilities you will be required to have ability to calm yourself down very often. Also usful may become to have a lot of physical strength and some fighting skills. Not only to carry the shopping to the top floor of 4 story building while your van is parked half a mile down the road but you may need it if you find yourself in trouble with local mob trying rob your van, as it happeed to me or fuming angry drivers because you blocked the narrow road for 10min due to no parking. I've worked there very short period of time but could write a book about this job. The good think about this company is that ppl are very nice and you get to meet some top guys there. Unfortunately low pay, highly stressful job environment(stress regarding only driving and parking in busy city) and weird hours disqualifies this job in my books.
Pros
being your own boss on the road, early finishes
Cons
low pay, high level of stress, unsociable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.

Ocado Reviews by Location