Ocado Employee Reviews for Customer Service Team Lead

Dartford
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent11 December 2017
Great working for them was great but i had to leave due to hours of working didn't go well with my girlfriends job hours over lapped and childcare was a problem. But the work place is great.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
sav nav
CSTM - Delivery Driver
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Peterborough7 August 2017
Overall a very good company to work for. Being a CSTM, or delivery driver, the job is in fact very easy. No unloading/loading vans, simply turn up, paperwork, out, deliver, home.

One big negative for myself is that there doesn't appear to be any room for progression or promotion. With being a young man, and having a very young child to think about now, this is quite a big let down.

I would encourage people to work here though. Great banter, Team Managers are all a great laugh and really understanding.
Pros
Cheap vending machines, different delivery areas every day
Cons
No room for progression
work
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 February 2017
Print and check paper work
check van out ready for the route
go out on route to deliver their shopping
return to depot to get the van checked back in.
Terrible Company
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool29 December 2016
I worked for this place for 18 months. The managers give no support, route planning is just a joke, if the lorries are late the drivers take the grief off the customers and customer service team. My van broke down and I was stuck on the motorway for 5 hrs in the freezing cold..This company is a joke!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Stupid route planning and lack of management support
Exciting Fun workplace
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  West Drayton20 October 2016
No 2 days are the same, allocated different location/route each day. Great to be out on the road and meeting people, management style is smooth. All co workers respect one another which makes ocado a great place to work.
Pros
Finsh early but get paid full shift
Cons
working late into midnight
Productive and satisfied
Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hatfield5 October 2016
Organizing job for 25 people, checking work progress
doing paper work manually and on computer
Communicating with employees of my team and with management of other departments by radio and by phone;
Working under presses to fulfill duties on time
Having satisfaction with good team work

I was happy after well done job and motivation to do better job
regarding my team
I learned that we can always do job better after motivation and putting more efforts.
Pros
friendly people
Well Oiled Machine.
Customer Services Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dordon15 September 2016
I worked for Ocado for four months. It is a good company to work for. You are paid pretty well, decent holidays, guaranteed two days off a week, 15% discount on your own delivered groceries, good pension, thats besides other benefits.
If I lived closer to Dordon, i.e. Tamworth, I would be working for them now. Fortunately I now work closer than 25 miles from my workplace. Quite sad to leave.
All you need to do is clock in deliver the goods to the standard you are trained to, and go home. Keep your nose clean and you will enjoy it.You get paid for a full days pay even if you are early, and they pay you overtime rate if you run over.
The management are approachable and give good advice.
Worst part of the job is city centres. High rised flats and not so clean homes.
Nice part of the job is mingling with the general public. Customers like Ocado/Morrisons drivers due to the high standard of training. Nice to help out the elderly. I remember delivering to a care home and I ended up not only bringing the groceries in, I ended up putting them away for a lovely dear old lady in a lot of pain.
Pros
Pay, benefits, pension, training.
Cons
Weather, breakdowns, running late, city centres.
N/a
Customer Service Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Leeds10 August 2016
Get to work, print the paper work out, check the van, and start delivering. I learnt how to use the M1. Looking for a destination, and the hardest part is when you can't find the destination.
Friendly and professional place to work
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2016
Typical day as a marshall involves getting all vans ready for departure times, and ensuring all drivers are able to depart on time. I've learned that the best way to achieve this is by working as an effective team member. The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect, so making sure you adhere to manual handling principles, and health and safety rules is a must. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team spirit that is developed when working to a common goal with like minded people.
Pros
Flexible start times
Cons
Unsociable hours
nice friendly place to work
customer service team member (Former Employee) –  Southampton4 June 2016
when i started at ocado the shift roster seemed to be all over the place with early shift to late shilt weekends etc but like lots of large companys now being able to cater for childcare needs i was able to change shift times to only 2 which really help to keep costs down. i have worked for ocado for a few years and would probably still be there had it not been for their relocation but all in all a good company to work
Pros
nice friendly management team, good rates of pay
Cons
paired rest days, shift pattern, grumpy customers
Get to see and deliver to many different area's
Customer Service Team Member / Driver (Current Employee) –  Southampton17 May 2016
once you clock in and down load your route and check what van and bay number its in ...... No loading as it's done for you, Check van for any new damage and a few other check's from a check list , Then head out to do your route with the help of a Preset routed sat nav only need to speak to office if any problems in your route occur for the rest of your day/eve shift your on your own.....
Pros
If you finish your route early you can go home but still get payed for the Full shift
Cons
Can get a very bad route and some places can be hard to find...
Excelent training, excellent working environment
Customer Service Team Member CSTM) for Ocado (Former Employee) –  Enfield28 April 2016
A Great company that provides a thorough training programme to all members along with great benefits. A company that provides all the resources and support necessary for you to do the job well.
Not bad, had worse!
Customer Service Team Member (CSTM) (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth18 February 2016
As previous people have said - it's not a really hard job.

Money is ok - that's as good as I could say, I worked there 4 years ago and it hasn't changed, the good thing it was job and knock. I remember the training being pretty good.

They make you feel like all drivers are and should be of an AIM standard, then you quickly realise that they are just anybody that can drive!

As said before, there is an opportunity to earn a bonus but it is seemingly impossible as 3 weeks out of the 4 you are on target for the top payment then suddenly and inexplicably in week 4 it reduces dramatically.

I'm not sure if an actual person plans the delivery routes, but anybody who has driven round the centre of the city of Bath between 5 and 6pm on a weekday that to fit in 2 or even 3 deliveries in to an hour slot is quite ridiculous thinking.
Pros
Managers nice, Progression opportunities for the right people, job and finish, some discount
Cons
Bad route planning, late running HGVs, getting stung for damage even if accidental, not great pay, impossible bonus system
Overall good if you're a good employee
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sheffield11 February 2016
I am a current cstm at Ocado I have been at the Sheffield site for 5 months now. It is a good company to work for. I have made marks on the van but never been told off about it, other reviews are not a true reflection of what working life is like at Ocado. Managers are great they'll help you with any problem you have and they don't look down on you. If you're running late no problem just take your time to ring customers who you are going to be late for then you'll have no problem. Managers understand you can be late for drops when it's not your fault, don't rush any more then you need to because it's only shopping. Training was excellent learnt pretty much everything in the class room and you do a day were they properly teach you how to drive the vans which will get your confidence. 80% of the time you will finish early.. After a short time of being there you'll start to learn how to finish early, you get paid 40 hours where really you'll only do 36-38. People will say that cstm set off earlier to finish early which is untrue because I set off when I'm due to go out and finish early although I do work through my break. 90% of the drops will be pretty easy. The vans are automatic which makes for easy driving. The sat navs are great but not perfect the might crash every now and again but you learn to live with it, other cstms take their own but I don't bother. You get paid weekly which is good, they pay Is good for what it is... There is also a pay rise in March 2016. You'll come out with 260-300 a week after tax. Some of the drops might be very nice in lovely areas with nice  more... views. Other cstms and marshals are very friendly and will help you.
The coffee machine is very and the vending machine is very cheap also
A couple of negative things about the jobs are... If your on Earlys you can start as early as 6 am and if your on lates you can finish as late as 12 pm the job is not ideal for someone looking for your typical 9-5 hours. Some of the drops can be very stressful when things are going wrong. Some of the notes other drivers leave behind are useless.

Overall it's a good job but I have heard some bad stories.. If you like driving, you don't moan a lot get on with it it's a great job for you
Pros
Easy job sometimes
Cons
Hours
All in all pretty poor
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Knowsley10 February 2016
Great on paper but that about says it all. A typical day was often rushed and spent either stuck in traffic, arguing with the archaic equipment that continually freezes or just up and dies or trying to catch up because the last customer 'forgot' you were coming.

Management though sometimes well meaning is shambolic and will drop you like a hot rock if you step out of line. The rule book is extensive and long and there are no grey areas, if it says it in there, you are out, period. Even the slightest damage on the vehicle WILL be your fault and getting stuck on a muddy track is classed as 'damage'.. go figure..

I would recommend this company to someone with no life, as you will have none if you follow the crazy shift patterns and don't expect to be ill, there's a rule against that too!

The pay is not enough to justify the level of carp you have to put up with and the only redeeming feature is the friendship of those stuck in the same hole as you are. Trust me, stick to the cabs!!
Pros
Drawing a blank there..
Cons
All round poor business model
Cstm
Customer service team member (Former Employee) –  Sheffield1 February 2016
management do not care,You are on lates more then early shifts. Their is no social life as you finish on lates before your day off and then start on earlys following your days off.

Very poor company to work for.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dordon1 February 2016
Shift pattern dreadful best and shortest routes given to the favourites via the managers which have no people management skills they are data inputters
Pros
Job and knock
Cons
Long hours and poor equipment
Cstm
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dartford, ENG31 January 2016
Delivering food and drink from the internet.
Driving is fun and it is nice to meet people but London is not so good for this
Pros
Driving, your own boss on route
Cons
London, Flats and traffic jams
NO LIFE , and no money
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth, ENG25 October 2015
Working most of the weekeds , one weekend in 4 months I had OFF , you wil end up with a duty rota like 5 days start 5:30 1 day off then 5 days start at 6:00 , 1 day off and again 5 days early start .The high payrates are on sunday after 6:00 PM which you only going to have once per month ,the overtime once every 2 months maybe.Loads of text asking you to start early , have paid or unpaid holiday for next day work , wear different uniform Morrisons (they deliver for them since 2015) or Ocado. They send you in places were you can't drive a normal car , you will end up with backache , you will earn apx 1100 after tax , the bonus scheme is a joke the max you will get if you are lucky is like 200£ . Vans are late loaded at the depot most of times so you will be late on route , You will finish the deliveries early sometimes, like in 6 and a half hours, but you will discover that you will wait in line back at the depot another hour . Don't know is up to you how much you need the money , I recomand stay away.
Pros
Free coffee machine OUT OF ORDER mostly :)
Cons
unsocial work hours
OK, Decent job
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG27 June 2015
A decent delivery job if your good at getting your way around and a fast worker. Tend to finish about hour early everyday sometimes more sometimes less depending on the routing. Routing can be a bit bad with high mileage and too many drops but if your energetic and quick youl probably get done early. You can take your time or if your slow then expect to be late. But on the plus side they pay you for anytime over your normal hours that you do. There isn't any individual appraisal system in place so most the times your left in the dark in terms of how your doing unless you do something wrong then the managers let you know this is the only time you'll probably chat to them. Everyone is always complaining about routes and jobs given and no one seems to be happy unless they have finished. There are always difficult jobs. Countryside roads where the van barely fits, loads of reversing as you can't turn around. Tunnels where the van doesn't fit in. Flats, high rise buildings, loads of stairs, heavy shopping, computer sometime crashes and takes forever rebooting wasting valuable time. Traffic times are not considered you get the times based on clear traffic so you need to be fast and always loose time when there's traffic. On the plus side there are notes on the Panasonic telling you abouadress address details which you can edit ( sometimes with alot of swears) times can be made up if your fast, early finishes. Management doesn't seem to bother you if you get deliveries done and not recieve complaints and not crash the van which is to be expected anyways. If your a foward thinker energetic  more... and a quick worker then this will be a decent job for you. I've never finished late or had any problems with most the stuff there. I always finish early. Training was very good especially in the class. And for the first few weeks they give you easy routes for you to speed up with everything. I enjoy customers and driving about and management have never bothered me aswell. So if your good at the job you'll probably have a decent time there.  less
Pros
Early finishes
Cons
Early and late shifs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.