Ocado Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Cstm driver
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bristol13 September 2018
Silly hours, not enough time on route, sat navs are pants. Vans are damaged and on there last legs, management are not helpful and marshalls dont care! £330 take home
Stressful but rewarding environment
Customer service team member (Former Employee) –  Stanford on Teme10 July 2018
I found myself to be challenge a lot at ocado which made the long stretches of driving less monotonous, and you were rewarded for your effort. If you are looking for a steady job that pays well with good benefits, that when you leave you can forget about the work and go home to relax then yeah its great. Also there were opportunities to grow with the company if you so choose.
Pros
good bonuses and supportive staff
Cons
changing shifts pattern from lates to earlys
Ocado
Customer Service Team Member/Marshall (Former Employee) –  London3 July 2018
Daily duties include getting all of the deliveries in pallettes, loading them unto the van in a timely manner and carefully.

looking at the rota ensuring that enough time is catered for each drop. and over all customer satisfaction
Boring and rubbish pay
customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Park Royal, Greater London24 June 2018
Boring place to work, could go in and not talk to anyone.
The Wage bracket on the website is wrong, says starting pay is £10 but is actually £8.90....
low moral
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire31 May 2018
Purley Ocado, they only care about the company and not there staff or there issues. a lot of the staff end up with depression as there is no support for the staff allowing customers to become abusive and sometimes emotionally violent towards staff. this is managed by the management giving the customer a voucher.
Pros
free bread
Cons
no suport
Excellent workplace for those that fit in
Customer Service Team member (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 May 2018
Does not suit me personally as I am seeking mental challenges but if you are someone who enjoys driving and meeting people then it is a welcoming and enjoyable workplace
No life if you work here
Customer Service Team Member CSTM) (Current Employee) –  Knowsley30 April 2018
skin and bone you alive worked here too long. and now they started planning after and before times slots. turn around routes so you come back and go out again!!! and alway get back late.. management don't care unless its time to give them a vote ... cant wait to find a new job... Salarys not bad, work almost every weekend in 13 weeks......
Pros
Cons
long trips, with min time to do it
Great team environment.
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
I enjoyed the independence of the job and travelling around the country seeing new places everyday as a delivery driver. I met people at the doors of their homes and it was always nice to see the smile of a customer receiving their delivery on time.
Pros
Flexibility and independence.
Cons
Weather affects the job.
Collect your van and head out.
Customer service CSTM (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station4 April 2018
The job was very good i really enjoyed it but you never really get to know anyone there as your just in and out.
if it were not for my physical condition i would still be there.
I really enjoyed the work.
Pros
Driving and meeting customers
Cons
The smallest mistake and your up against a firing squad.
Customer Service
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklands3 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at Ocado facing the challenges of delivering a high quality level of service to customers.
Finding addresses at night in the middle of the countryside proved to be one of the biggest challenges but at the same time rewarding.
As with all companies, the job developed as time passed. Time pressures increased but as I stated at the start, I enjoyed the challenges these brought along.
Worst company ever
Customer Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London18 February 2018
The management are useless and planning of deliveries are impossible. Get used to customers complaining and putting in negative feedback on a daily basis. Ocado doesn’t know what they are doing, consider working for tesco as they have better management but pay isn’t the best. Trailer is always late and you have the short straw to inform the customers who are very inconsiderate.
Pros
Paid break Weekly Pay
Cons
Late trailer Customers false negative feedback
Fun jobs if you like driving
Customer service Team member (Current Employee) –  Ruislip, Greater London6 January 2018
the job is good for people who like to drive and enjoy speaking to customers. time goes quick and you have a supportive team in the depot to assist you with any problems that may occur.
Dartford
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent11 December 2017
Great working for them was great but i had to leave due to hours of working didn't go well with my girlfriends job hours over lapped and childcare was a problem. But the work place is great.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
sav nav
Best in Class
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire3 October 2017
I have only worked at Ocado for the last few months and I have to say, I am more than impressed with the culture and facilities and benefits for employees. Yes if you crash your vehicle or are rude to customers, you will face action but previous Reviews overplay this. Compared to competitors, Pay and Conditions are excellent and you are well trained and looked after. Yes there are petty complaints that staff moan about like any business and yes, the shifts are a commitment but you get rotas 3 months ahead and swaps and holidays are easy to book. If you enjoy driving and giving good customer service, this is a great job and progression is always on offer if you want it.
no social life allowed, stressful job little benefits, wage poor for job demands
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leeds4 September 2017
no social life left, stressful job little benefits, wage poor for job demands. Crazy start times, little back up from management, guilty first and always have to defend yourself from any customer complaints, company take no action against customers who abuse you verbally or make false accusations.duty of care is lacking.
Pros
Cons
most things
CSTM - Delivery Driver
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Peterborough7 August 2017
Overall a very good company to work for. Being a CSTM, or delivery driver, the job is in fact very easy. No unloading/loading vans, simply turn up, paperwork, out, deliver, home.

One big negative for myself is that there doesn't appear to be any room for progression or promotion. With being a young man, and having a very young child to think about now, this is quite a big let down.

I would encourage people to work here though. Great banter, Team Managers are all a great laugh and really understanding.
Pros
Cheap vending machines, different delivery areas every day
Cons
No room for progression
productive
customer service and learning (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire5 April 2017
Ocado in itself is a very friendly environment, we are able to be casual but professional at the same time.

I love working with different people everyday and creating new relationships as we do hot desk.

I would say the working hours and shift patterns does cause some what stress and has affected my personal life.
Pros
paid 30 mins breaks
Cons
shift work and long hours
Worst experience ever
customer service driver (Former Employee) –  Knowsley13 March 2017
After a short spell unemployed i started here, the training was good but coming towards end of training they give you your rosta and then it went downhill from there. Everything from ignorant managers who look through you, half of co-workers dont talk alltogether a bad experience.Get used to being blame for damage on vans, sat nav thats outdated, but i think the worst is having no social life work every weekend just a soul destoying job overall. The old saying is your just a number and its true here. My advice dont bother
Pros
Loads of uniform, free coffee
Cons
Everything, a total and utter nightmare
work
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 February 2017
Print and check paper work
check van out ready for the route
go out on route to deliver their shopping
return to depot to get the van checked back in.
Terrible Company
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool29 December 2016
I worked for this place for 18 months. The managers give no support, route planning is just a joke, if the lorries are late the drivers take the grief off the customers and customer service team. My van broke down and I was stuck on the motorway for 5 hrs in the freezing cold..This company is a joke!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Stupid route planning and lack of management support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.