Ocado Employee Reviews in Tamworth

Absolutely Shocking place to work
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire2 August 2018
Management don’t care and pin anything that goes wrong on you.

No work/life balance whatsoever and expect to work the majority of the weekends in the set roster. Impossible to book holidays in advance as they’re never available. No flexibility with shifts.

If you have a family with children this is not the place for you.

JUST A NUMBER IN THAT PLACE!
Pros
Cheap canteen
Cons
None at all
Worst place
Despatch Operative (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire7 March 2018
Managers are disrespectful, never again will come here. Dont even get a proper day off to rest due to shift patterns. Customers comes first to Ocado then employers. DISGRACE
Pros
Cons
Mostly everything
physically challenging
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Tamworth6 February 2018
Low wages. You are just a number. Management is obsessed with production. Very controlling place to work. oads of running around, freezing cold working in the fridge and freezers
Pros
good breaks
Cons
shift patterns
Very good place to work
Warehouse Operative / Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Tamworth1 February 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed working here however it does feel very secure due to the way their absences work, their is a 13 week probation but the managers and other staff are amazing and I love going to work, The other reviews I have read only really apply if your a party lad/lass and want to go out on the lash constantly then this role would not suit you due to the hours etc but other than that its an brilliant place to work
Pros
great understanding management
Cons
your not paid for breaks and the system in which sickness abscences work
Hard work but do get rewarded with progression in the business if you work hard
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire25 January 2018
First few works takes some adjusting with the hours and job role. But if you work hard and get on with people it can be enjoyable at times. If you work hard enough it does get recognised and you can progress within this business if that’s what you want
Pros
Canteen food. Incentive
Cons
Early mornings and long shifts
Warehouse Operative/personzl shopper (Former Employee) –  Tamworth7 December 2017
Great job but just got to far to travel after 3 years on nights would be a great job if your local or in walking distance overall good place e to work for
Pros
Great staff shop
Cons
Can be long hours
ok place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tamworth2 October 2017
this is an ok place to work with good benefits, although the work is a bit monotanous. The managment in my opinion expect far to much in the way of production and only care about figures and little for the individual.
Benefits
Cons
long hours and compulsery overtime.
Number not a name
personel shopper (Current Employee) –  Tamworth14 July 2017
Groundhog day work in a building designed for machines but not people with a HR department how only see numbers not names.Very physical where they pay lip service to safety but in reality dont care.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
uncaring upper managment
Dont work in inbound
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire12 April 2017
A typical day in inbound would be standing at a automatic station and recieving stock using hand held scanners.Working in inbound you have to work in both in chilled enviroment and ambient.Working in inbound is really physical because you have to work fast to hit your targets and if you dont then the managers would be on your back.working 11 and 12 hours a day over 4 days is really tiring because all you do is stand in one spot and recieve stock.

Management.

All they think about is targets and not about the workers.

Dont supervise you properley

Get other people to do there jobs for them when they are not suppose to.

Lot of favouritism

Dont help you when you ask for help.

The managers Dont follow the company rules.

The managers dont like being told what to do by the workers even if you are right.

The hardest part of the job was working 11 hours a day and standing in one place and working really fast so you achieve your target every hour.Working 11 hours a day was really draining and tiring next you dont feel like coming work.

The good thing about working in inbound is the job is very easy its just recieving stock at a station.
Cons
Long hours, less pay cant book holidays.
wasted 2 years there
Delivery Driver CSTM (Former Employee) –  Tamworth Dordon23 December 2016
Rubbish job, rubbish drop times and routes horrible unsociable hours no family life , drivers great and some managers also,however like McDonalds they also employ some clowns. Wages are OK benefits are good.its one of those jobs where you come in every day expecting the sack,having said this still a god job if your desperate.
Pros
Company shop
Cons
Hours are a nightmare
Good steady job, unsociable hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire22 December 2016
The job is good, the work routine is easy to understand and follow on a daily basis. Long and unsociable hours make it difficult for a healthy work/life balance.
fun place to work not that hard to complete tasks
picker packer (Former Employee) –  Tamworth22 August 2016
it was a good company to work for staff are very nice people also the tasks we had to complete were not that hard and everyone in the company were very good
Pros
good staff
Cons
a bit too far
Basic
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Tamworth4 May 2016
Made some friends here, and got on with my job. My managers were good to work with it, unlike some companies. Overall it was nothing to get excited about.
not as good as the made out
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, ENG22 January 2016
a typical day at ocado will have you break you back for very little reward or even a thank you for your hard work, the management at ocado is like any other place to be honest you get some good and some bad managers, the people you work with make the job to be honest there all a good bunch of people and help make the job tolerable, the fact of you cant make any plans for after work because they call overtime on you constantly witch can be up to 2 hours plus the shift patterns are irregular and also there is no way of climbing the ladder
Pros
food, drinks cheaper
Cons
longer hours, working most weekends, rubbish wage
Bad Hours
Picker/ driver (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, ENG13 November 2015
There is too much early leave, you start very early in the morning if you are in the warehouse. I am currently a driver that works mornings and afternoons and when I started, they told us if we wanted to move to just morning shifts we could after we finish our probation. Once I finished my probation, I asked to move to just morning shifts, they said I am eligible but I wouldn't get it because I needed a better reason than unable to see my family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours, not treated fairly at times
Warehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Tamworth26 October 2015
Enjoyable work place to begin with but seeing so much favoritism can become a strain due to the obvious repetitiveness of certain jobs without being given the opportunity of working in other areas.
Pros
Able to expand your work dialogue.
Cons
Favoritism
productive fun workplace
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  tamworth8 October 2015
Nice place with lots of great work co-workers. Managers are very helpful . The monotonous daily tasks are the biggest downfall. There is no variety in the day to day work .
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
5am start
stability
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, ENG28 September 2015
I require part time hours as my circumstances have changed. unfortunately ocado do not do part time hours. I enjoy what I do very much and pick and pack online customers shopping orders in the chilled department.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
i require part time hours
great place to work
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  tamworth17 September 2015
ocado is a good place to work great atmosphere. gained skills like customer service, time keeping, problem solving and phone skils. co workers are friendly and happy to help. there is a lot of lifting involved in the job and pay is not the best for the amount of work required.
Pros
good company discounts
Cons
pay not best
Productive and fast paced.
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Tamworth28 August 2015
Ocado is a good work place and offers opportunities to progress.The hours are great and the people are friendly. The job is secure and can have a life long future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.