Ocado Employee Reviews in Hatfield

Nice workplace
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Hatfield5 November 2018
Its a very good company, tidy , and nice, people there are very supportive and helpful , there is always a good team work everybody is very friendly ,...
Pros
cheap food
Cons
long hours can get ovetimes
tiring and low pay
personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 October 2018
a typical day at ocado would consist of an early start and long hours with unpaid breaks which in my opinion were not long enough to fully relax from the physically demanding job.
Great enviorment
Contact Center Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hatfield18 September 2018
Ocado is a great place to work and is a very young company so its every exciting to be apart of the company.

They offer great opportunities in house.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Hours are a bit difficutl
Good place to work hard
Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Hatfield15 September 2018
if you are hard worker thats the place for you. Picking up heavy stuff, input data in the system, work fast as of that depends the bonus you will receive.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
heavy job
Decent workforce an office staff
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire15 September 2018
Nice easy job, 1 or 2 drops a day which you unload with warehouse ops.
Decent wagons, well maintained and not old. The problem with this job is security, your only ever one bad day away from getting the chop. Cameras watching you in the cab procedures that are not flexible. Lost count how many guys got sacked while I was there. Sadly your just a number and as such get treated that way by senior management.
The other thing rubbish start times and low pay. The money is poor and you do long days
Pros
Decent wagons easy work
Cons
Management/ job security
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Hatfield28 August 2018
Hard work People help togheter like a team work. I like this job but is to far away from my home thats why I would like to change my job for a weekends.
Long hours bad salary
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 August 2018
Less pay with long hrs of work and no one will ever appreciate you or your team for your hard work. Promoting people is based on god knows what reasons. People are getting sick and tired and no one has motivation to work. People will work hard if they get appreciated as an individual or a team.
Pros
Cons
Long lost
Poorly managed and managers don't care
Customer Service Team Member (Delivery Driver) (Current Employee) –  Hatfield1 August 2018
Been working at the Hatfield branch nearly a year. When you first start, the job is all good. You're given like 15 drops in Colchester or 9 in Ipswich. But as time goes on I ended up getting London everyday and a minimum of 24 drops. A 20 minute break which you never really take because you're usually running late. The vans are usually incorrectly loaded and the loaders always moan about fixing it or they say take it how it is. The managers aren't great, I went to one asking for some overtime as I was struggling with money & he told me to get a part time job. 40 hours of evening work gets me £389 before tax. There's been a few occasions when I've gone in and been sent home without pay for Ocado's miscommunications. If you ask for help you won't get it as the managers really don't care & they're rude. 3 days Absense will get you an Absense investigation meeting. Everything you do is recorded on camera in the cab and they will pull you on every thing. If you clock out after your shift finishes you're paid overtime but if you clock in before your shift starts you aren't paid for it.Customer service is always helpful! I could go on but who's really read this far!
Pros
Discounted on site store & weekly pay
Cons
Poor management, poor route planning, poor everything.
Discriminating management
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire22 July 2018
I loved working here overall as a company I loved the atmosphere and it was a brilliant job lovely people around you amazing training, my time with Ocado was short because I disclosed something before I started the job, I started to have issues and they got rid of me for this reason.
Pros
Money, atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, management
low moral
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire31 May 2018
Purley Ocado, they only care about the company and not there staff or there issues. a lot of the staff end up with depression as there is no support for the staff allowing customers to become abusive and sometimes emotionally violent towards staff. this is managed by the management giving the customer a voucher.
Pros
free bread
Cons
no suport
Nice people, bad salary, poor management and no progression
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire17 May 2018
I worked for ocado as an HR administrator as I wanted a career in HR. The work was extremely dull and repetitive - the majority of the day was spent booking meetings for HR advisors and printing out letters.
The salary was poor being so close to London (18k) and management style was terrible. My manager had no experience in HR and did not understand our job roles in depth.
Progression is a problem at ocado, as only a very small number of administrators move onto advisor roles or team leaders because progression is all focused on the graduates (who do the same job but earn 25k starting salary).
Only positive was that my team were amazing and genuinely lovely people!
Overall, I was disappointed with Ocado.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Dull job, low pay, poor management and no progression
Educational
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hatfield3 May 2018
Ocado was a really fun and exciting place to work due to the fact it was a massive warehouse and there was so much going on and some much that could be learnt !
It’s a friendly environment to work in and everyone gets on together
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire16 April 2018
I have learned many things working here, I have learned how to speak to customers in the right way and how I can help them, a typical day at work includes working on he tills and cleaning and making sure everything looks presentable
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Distance
Its an easy job
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire11 February 2018
You have to be able to get on well with managers if you want to be have an easy life there. Most managers have their favourite people and if you go against one manager then be prepared to be picked on. Certain people can get away with a lot where as most people can not get away with it. The warehouse is manly made up of different cultures. If you are sick and they say you have to be off for 48 hours when you come back to work and if you have been off 3 times in a year they won't except being sick as an illness so you get stages.
Pros
Can't think of anything.
Cons
No life outside of ocado.
Picker
Picker (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire11 January 2018
The worst job ever, the worst management ever, if they don't like you're face you could expect that you can have complains without knowing and for no reason.
You cand get faild without knowing , they only call you to the office and say that you have too many complains and you are not good for the company even if you tried you're best and you didn't even know that you have one complains..i had no absences, no lateness, always trying my best and get field because two of the managers didn't like my face.. so think twice before you want to work there
productive
Picker/packer (Current Employee) –  Hatfield29 October 2017
fun to work, hard to understand the logic in it but it is fun, one must make some KM per shift to obtain a good pay, but overall fun interesting and speedy
Very unhelpful hard work
CSTM (Current Employee) –  Hatfield12 October 2017
Not easy & terrible management they do not care about workers & put alot of pressure on the new employes, there is good benefits that's about all what is positive
Pros
Pension
Cons
Long hours to much pressure
Unrealistic work
CSTM delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield11 September 2017
Either have to be there at half 5 in the morning or at 3pm. I started at 3 and got home at half 1 when i was meant to be done at 11. You're given too many drops to do in an hour and the way the route is planned is so that you do a rough loop into London then back to base. Not taking into account the hour time slot the customer has arranged for you to drop to them. Meaning, when you get your route, you're already automatically going to be late for about 4 customers due to poor route planning, and by the time you've done the first 4 drops you're out of sync anyways and have to pull over and ring all the other customers saying you're going to be late which throws you back another half hour. Furthermore, the vans are often loaded incorrectly meaning before you have even left the van has to be reloaded knocking you back half an hour before you've left. The job is poorly organised, the items are thrown in by the warehouse staff so when you get to a drop milk has exploded all over the shopping. Not once did i stop for a break, never finished early, you are truly overworked and your back will be so achey by the end of the day. Honestly, I'd look elsewhere i did two weeks and threw the towel in as the stress i was experiencing was not worth the £72 a day.
Pros
Cons
no social life
productive and fun
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire31 August 2017
come into work and set up your computer, log into your phone.

look at any tasks you may have from the day before.

start taking calls and working.

management is nice and can be very fun however expect you to get your work done.

hardest part of the job is waking up early.

most enjoyable part is being in a friendly environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hatfield17 May 2017
Great place to work, extremely friendly staff and management. Work place is safe and trustworthy in my opinion. Never had a bad incident or poor treatment whilst working here.
Pros
Great pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocado. Our community is ready to answer.