Play YouTube video button
Ocado Group

Ocado Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom946 reviews
I like the place
I like the work because they alwas make sure that you have correct safety equipment before you start work and tell you right thing to do, i have not regretted working with them
Revolving Door
Only decent thing about this place is the money. You get treated like dirt the vans are preloaded but almost every time everything is in the wrong place. The hours are unsociable and the staff turnaround speaks for itself people are constantly sacked for the slightest of things. Management are clueless more interested in sitting around chatting to each other only wanna know you when they have something negative to say.
Good place to work & friendly staff. If you have a good work ethic & try your best you will be fine.
If you have problems tell them & they will try to help in anyway they can even with issues at home.

A company that cares for there staff.
productive
they have good structue and good work place and good communication with one another. respectful to each other. also good team work. helpfull staff and management.
good job
Good job although management not very good on the sites
Delivery was fun. Customers were generally nice. Uniform supplied. Remember to take breaks when delivering. Doesnt matter if you get behind as you call the customer
Pros
good hours
Cons
If u want a low paid job with minimum hours this is for u
Not a great experience possibly the worst job I’ve had in a long time. Management are a moody bunch, miserable environment at the Cheadle Hulme Depot.
Good
I enjoyed my time at Ocado worked there for nearly 9 years. I progressed with my career and got into management, promoted in house 3 times. Good pay and good people!
Outstanding place to work
Ocado have a very good Training and support for All new staff. The management are fair and reasonable, whom listen to your issues .The total Salary package Is second to none
Pros
Good level of pay, and private medical Insurance
Cons
Route planning can at times be Hit and miss, You do need to be strong and fit, for full loads
Do not do it
The managers are scum the pay is terrible and they want the so much from the drives Do not work there you will regret it if you are reading this take my word for it
Say bye bye to your weekends
To be fair the job is easy enough when you have abit of experience your left alone by management for the most part if u get route done and can finish early was finishing early on average 2 hours every day but poor hours work mostly afternoons till midnight and practically every weekend
Good job.
The driving aspect of the job was great if you are organized and hard working.
The marshalling side of the job is a nightmare. It is very hard work, and there was very little management support.

If you want to work there, just stay as a driver. You get to go to some really random places and I never had an awkward customer in the 2 years I worked there.
Good training
Although this is a good company to work for I found driving around central London daily very stressful when your under pressure from time slots and parking. It is heavy work for example carrying large bottles of water upstairs (sometimes 80 plus) several times on a single drop can burn you out quickly.
Pay is competitive but well earned.
The job is very stressful, often long days of around 10.5 hours. Aren’t paid much and it’s weekly. Overtime is always available.
The job is very stressful, the days are often long. Most of the time you do not feel as though the work you do for the company is appreciated or noticed as you are referred to by your handscan number. This constantly reminds you the company doesn’t care.
Pros
4 days a week at work
Cons
Bad pay and work life
Ocado try and keep every penny they can from you with bull incentives and cheap equipment.
If your looking for some income for a few months or maybe a year whilst you get your self together its fine... there are loads of lovely people working in the warehouse and everyone is very polite. The pay is shockingly bad for what you have to do. Its hard on the feet. And it will slowly demoralise the keenest of souls.
A company at growth stage with a lot of challenges and collaborative. An open culture with a lot of projects and learning experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was that team helped each other towards the team goals.
Busy workplace
Busy workplace
Time restrictions on drops

Working most weekends

Early starts and late finishes. Time slots can be difficult to hit if you are held up in traffic or late leaving due to hold ups with your vehicle being ready
Fast paced, can be stressful, job satisfaction at the end of the shift.
Everyday was different, there was no typical day at work.
Due to Ocado's complex operating system, there were daily changes to the software, you were learning new things on a daily basis.

The workplace culture to some time to get used to as I've never worked in an environment like this before, that being said i was posted to a newer Ocado site that was run totally different to Andover, thats when you realised that at Andover we had built a family that loved what we did and worked as a team across 5 different areas.
porductive
Company has big plans and ambitions. They make you feel involved in every plan. Learned a lot there but sadly they do not pay as well as other company's.
Easy Job
Easy job , takes a lot of muscle and not paid enough for the physical work.
some times challenging to stick to the time slots .

good management , helpful and always ready with answers.
Stressful work!
The work is very havy specialy in chill.I worket one year and half and almost I distroied my back because I must lift havy item.The managers was ok with me.The work started at 4:30 AM,so I must wake up at 3:AM.I had good colleagues but the salary is poor for that kin of work.
Has Bad Press
I found Ocado a good place to work but they did favour people who had been there longer for promotions rather than those better for the role as they do have such a large turnover of staff