Oban International

Oban International Employee Reviews

I've been working with Oban for 3 years and during that time have seen the company grow and develop into a great place to work. One of the greatest things about working at Oban is the ability for us to try things. We look at ways of improving things as a business and are always encouraged to give our opinion. We have a really diverse team, which means we come up with some wacky and wonderful ideas including getting an office dog (Peggy the digital dachshund), having a meditation and games rooms and flexi-time, all of which are team suggestions that make coming to work much less of a chore! There are no typical days at Oban, I can be training one day, writing policies another and organising a silly sports day yet another. I love variety so Oban has proven a great place to work for me. Above all though Oban has given me the opportunity to work with a great team of people and develop personally from talent management into Operations.
Pros
Great culture - lots to learn and loads of ways to get involved
Cons
too many treats coming into the office - my waistline cant cope!!
Oban is a great place to work. The office has a great culture, lots of events and there is a good work/life balance. We enjoy flexi-time, free fruit (doughnuts and cake), karaoke, a bar and early finish Fridays. Oban is dog-friendly and I get to bring my mini dachshund to work each day - something not a lot of offices would allow! Our digital agency is different to most due to our international focus. I love travelling and learning about new cultures so joining Oban was a perfect fit for me. The office is centrally located in Brighton too (opposite Churchill Square) - great for meeting people during lunch and also for cycling or getting the bus to work.
Pros
Early finish fridays, flexi time, dog friendly, work from home days
Flexible working hours have made this job much better for me. Lots of fun social activities with everyone getting involved and having fun. Everyone is down to earth and looks out for each other which I haven't experienced in any other office. We have weekly activities such as meditation and pilates sessions at lunchtimes and games room with table tennis and variety of video games always available. Over the past few years I've been working here communication, management and company structure has evolved well.
Pros
Lunchtime activity sessions, free fruit, early finish on Fridays
I worked at Oban digital for 18 months and was made redundant despite another hire occurring in the same team so I have to mark the business down for questionable ethics. They did install flexi-time which was a nice benefit but other basic elements such as pensions were not included, they are going to leave that type of benefit until the very last minute. Management was confusing, a company made up of managers = too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Having a bar in the office id quirky but it should not form the basis of the whole culture. Daily work was tough and it was instilled a culture of work hard, work long, get the job done. Good social elements but not an ideal work / life balance but they were working towards it. Absolute upside was amazing people to work with. Downside was passive / aggressive management and a lack of vision.
Pros
free fruit, social team
Cons
Poor management, questionable ethics
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oban International?