OASIS Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London7 October 2019
A typical day at work would be helping customers, being on tills and tying the shop floor.
While working at oasis, I learned customer service and how to deal with any problems that may occur in a calm manner.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who were rude.
The most ennoble part of the job is helping customers and making sure that they are happy whilst shopping at Oasis.
Pros
staff discount is good.
Cons
never leave on time, customer abuse, lack of delegation from management
Meadowhall
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire22 September 2019
Where to start...... manager constantly behind the till with her favourites while ur stood on fitting-room and front of store. Manager eats on shop floor. Two faced staff one who boost not working weekends but get her friends in on Thursday night. Really good uniform each month. A lot theft happening but no one pays attention. Some middle age women just bullies in there when managers not in.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Wages
Amazing environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London29 August 2019
I have worked here almost a year and have loved it. The managers have all been so kind and the co workers are all great. A really good environment overall and great pay for a retail job. Great discount and uniform policy.
Pros
Pay, flexible hours, nice co workers
Cons
Only 4 hour shifts, can be quite slow
Fun working environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London15 August 2019
My time at oasis was brief but I did make many friends, overall was a very friendly environment. I enjoyed my everyday encounters, however was at times made uncomfortable by my manager and sometimes even encountered a lot of back biting.
Pros
non
Cons
less staff constantly asked to do mote than contracted hours.
great staff
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Blackheath, Greater London22 November 2018
oasis was in a great location.
the staff was amazing and friendly
free hair appointments
near good shops
easy to get to
everyone worked great as a team
Don't even know where to begin...
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 October 2018
I honestly thought working with Oasis was going to be my big break in my career - it really was not worth my time.

The job itself was a really good job, interacting with customers, learning new skills regarding money (cashing up etc), delegating roles to staff! However a typical day in the 'Oasis Team' wasn't as pleasant, a shop full of girls will never turn out well, always talking about each other, slagging each other off, moaning about what hasn't been done by a certain person the day before. It felt like I was back at school!!

The work load for employees is beyond belief - how they expect us to move a whole shop floor ready for 'stylefile' while serving customers and supporting the ongoing new staff (staff turnover A JOKE), honestly I've never worked in a place like it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going home to be completely honest.

In my time at Oasis I learnt that they like to run the shop and inform staff on everything that goes on over a group chat on WhatsApp (quite frankly unprofessional). Never once was a meeting called and when it was it was very negative and not needed.

The workplace was very stressful most of the time and it was never about staff welfare - it was always about how the shop looked and about hitting target and making money etc. Fair enough that is what you are there to do - a job - but if your working over a certain amount of hours you are entitled to a break. Never have I worked in a workplace where you get frowned upon taking your break, getting called into the shop while on your break so someone can check emails or
  more... something. Not once did I get my full break the whole year I was with Oasis. I am surprised I latest that long to be honest.  less
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Long Hours, Horrible Atmosphere, Overworked, No staff welfare, Expected to know everything with no training + more
Oasis - Sales Adviser
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 May 2018
I worked for Oasis part time as a sales adviser. I loved my time at Oasis. The team was great, a good bunch of girls. Management was good, they care for their staff. You are kept busy and they always ensure that you are learning new things/progressing. Help was always available when needed. Staff discount was great as well.
Pleasant place and worked with a great team
Dental nurse (Former Employee) –  Coulby Newham4 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working here, the staff were lovely with a majority of them having worked there for a very very long period of time. My confidence soared and i grew strong friendships with many team members, who actively supported my decision to progress in my career as a dental nurse to a Dental Therapist, alongside many post qualifications i attained whilst working there. The manager was lovely, and again very supportive. The only pitfall of this was the low pay which unfortunately is a common issue for corporate companies however ultimately, i enjoyed working here and have very fond memories of the practice and the people i worked with! :)
Pros
lovely team
Cons
low pay
brilliant manager
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire27 February 2018
my manager was brilliant while working for oasis, we all worked really well as a team. the clothing discount was very good and the uniform allowance was fair.
Negative environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth12 February 2018
I unfortunately didn’t have a positive experience during my time at oasis. Colleagues were disrespectful and didn’t not care about the company. Hard work and extra worked free hours went unnoticed. Mandatory to work over the Christmas period and bank holidays without extra pay. However:
-75% discount on clothing.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
No gratitude for very hard work.
productive and fun workplace
Waiting tables in teams (Former Employee) –  Northampton1 February 2018
Very organised. You will be pushed to think quickly on your feet. Do not assume that you will be told what to do. You have to be able to think for yourself if you decides to sign up.
Pros
free food
Cons
the most enjoyable part of the job
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading24 January 2018
Seeing over people progress and develop through my coaching and management. Achieving KPI' s in line with the business targets. Also achieving my own personal goals.
Pros
holiday allowance
Cons
salary
Silverstone Event
Catering (Former Employee) –  Northampton20 December 2017
Well organised, very clear on what to do on the job and the managers ensured that we all knew what to do when catering; such as how to collect plates and deliver the food as well.
Pros
transport is provided
Cons
long hours and sometimes too short breaks.
No staff welfare, nasty management
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Hadley7 December 2017
What can I say. This is by far the worst school I've worked at. Not allowed time off for medical appointments or interviews if you're support staff. Staff cuts meant more work offloaded onto already stretched support staff. Ridiculous HR policies mean if you are off sick too many times a year you are sacked. I witnessed countless hard-working and good staff disappear due to militant procedures. Holiday requests put in 9 months ahead were rejected. If you are off sick HR harass you to return to work which is illegal. Due to the stressful environment everyone catches bugs often plus the building is unhealthy with no clean air. Only half an hour for lunch break. Leadership seem to punish the staff and treat the kids the opposite even though the bad behaviour is rife.
Avoid like the plague. The only good thing is most of the staff are really lovely people.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Half an hour lunch, shared staff room with 6th formers, awful behaviour and frequent riots.
Best team to work with
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dundee28 September 2017
The company was great back when it was known as C21 Data Services however my review is the company has began to stride from greatness since being bought over twice within 2 years and is more interested in generating profit rather than worrying about weather there has enough staff to complete the work at hand, OASIS will keep everything to a minimum and cut cost wherever possible.
Good staff benefits on clothing
Concession Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton23 September 2017
The company is innovative in the fashion retail industry. Progression is available and options to advance into Head Office into areas such as buying or secondments abroad.
Pros
Good base for learning fashion trends and visual merchadising.
Cons
Regular closing of branches.
Friendly work staff
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim2 September 2017
Once you get to know the customers oasis is a really friendly and funny environment to work in. It has it's benefits as you get a free sandwich for lunch along with biscuits crisps teas and coffees
Boa
Assistente dentária (Former Employee) –  Telford25 August 2017
Muito profissional e excelente ambiente.............
Pros
Bom trabalho em equipa
Cons
Distancia
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Textile Designer (Former Employee) –  London23 August 2017
From assisting textile designer on new trends, pantone colours and fabric swatches all learning new information. Continuous work pace keeping up with the fast fashion.
Very interesting work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  UK23 August 2017
Found this position very rewarding and enjoyed working with this client base, there was a lot of frontline work which I like, I worked on my own and managed my own case load, have a lot of involvement with clients all aspects of the role I enjoyed.