Oasis Community Learning

Oasis Community Learning Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
Really good organisation to work for, but not much progression for TA's.
I worked for Oasis Community Learning for 2 years. I really enjoyed it, but unfortunaltey there was not much progression for Learning Support Assistants. I feel like the Academy Leadership team was professional and very consistent (particularly in the department that I was working in.) Generally speaking, most staff are professional and hardworking. I feel like working at Oasis had actually broadend my horizons by a fair amount, and had really assisted me in terms of transferrable skills for further employment. From my experience, being a Learning Support Assistant is very useful as an intermediary role. It was something to do while I figured out what I wanted to do, if that makes sense. The duration spent working full time at Oasis helped me discover that I wanted to move onto a role where I can assist people from disadvanted backgrounds, in a sector which further suited my interests. That is why I am currently studying Criminology with Forensics, for a career in law enforcement.

Salary was bad though.
Good Place to Work
Great education focused place to work. Didnt work in central office but was able to visit academies and work directly with student and teachers. Also it was great to work with services who supported the academies.
Inadequate
Never work for this Academy. It's just a business. Poor management. Inadequate as Ofsted has rated them!! The students behaviour is appalling as there's no consistency in sanctions
lovely children, Poor management
The children were lovely but the principle was only interested in improving his own advancement at the cost to all those around him. Most staff left within 12 months. Steer clear at all cost as you wont be happy working for these.
Pros
lovely parents and children
Cons
poor management
Youthful environment
On a daily basis it is routine process when dealing with day-to-day tasks. Due to the lack of challenges it can get boring over time. During my time there I did not have much admin level access to which I was unable to get real exposure t my field in terms of IT.
Pros
Access to Microsoft Office365
Cons
Lonf journey to work and back home
Really good people in there, sadly - poor managment
With my time in the company I've seen a really poor management affecting not only IT but all departments. Redundancies are something normal and can be expected anytime - they do speak about family and want to pay you as less as they can and use your labour. I cant seem to comprehend how come there are a lot of good working force still in there - which sadly are leaving one by one. Seen to many good people go . Cant really recommend for experienced people, if you are inexperienced – you might benefit.
Pros
Sadly cant say there are any
Cons
No benefits at all
Good company
Great company to work for.
Lots of opportunities to advance .

Can be very rewarding no two days are the same .

Great company to work for if you enjoy a challenge
okay workplace
The job was fun at the start and enabled me to learn a lot from the start but near the end of my time at the school it became boring due to repetitive work and this lead to me not learning much anymore and I felt my development became flat lined because I continued to learn the same things. Such as help teachers and students with basic and general IT issues. The workplace is okay, you tend to get on well with the teachers and this helped the days go faster, however when there is no work to do, or is a quiet day it becomes very boring and tiring
Lovely friendly workplace
I have been in the school for 9 years and it to be a lovely friendly relaxed place.The people are very nice and I highly recommend this company.i do rate 100%
Pros
Term time only
Finance Oasis
A very successful MAT which is constantly expanding. Has over 51 academies (2017) under its umbrella and can expand rapidly. Enjoyable atmosphere and requires a person to work hard and long hours.
Pros
Can experience a life in a MAT
Oasis Community Learning
Good company to work for. Working in the Academy sector and Charity Sector. Academy world is challenging at the moment but will get better. Oasis is growing and will continue to grow.
Well intended and honest
Honourable, well intended charity with an inspriational leader.

Sometimes the IT ambition feels a little hurried as they seek to find the benefit of new and robust services as quickly as possible.

Excellent people.
Pros
charity lead, makes a difference to lives
Cons
can be frustrating with reorgs
Great Place to Work
I have only recently started at Oasis Community Learning (OCL) but I've been made to feel welcome and part of the team from day 1 and given all the training and support I need to do my job.
A good place to work.
Reviewing and challenging audit packs and liaising with accountants and finance teams. Review meetings with financial Controller and external auditors.
I learnt how to use the PS financial systems accounting software package from posting journals to report collation. I learnt how the finance within the education sector works. My colleagues were helpful and receptive. The hardest part of the role was consolidating information for audit. The most enjoyable part of the role was partnering with internal and external stakeholders and delivering a detailed and high quality audit review pack.
Pros
Great location and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Lack of communication on occasion
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oasis Community Learning. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8