Oasis Community Learning Employee Reviews

Really good people in there, sadly - poor managment
IT (Former Employee) –  London SE, Greater London13 March 2018
With my time in the company I've seen a really poor management affecting not only IT but all departments. Redundancies are something normal and can be expected anytime - they do speak about family and want to pay you as less as they can and use your labour. I cant seem to comprehend how come there are a lot of good working force still in there - which sadly are leaving one by one. Seen to many good people go . Cant really recommend for experienced people, if you are inexperienced – you might benefit.
Pros
Sadly cant say there are any
Cons
No benefits at all
lovely children, Poor management
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire14 May 2018
The children were lovely but the principle was only interested in improving his own advancement at the cost to all those around him. Most staff left within 12 months. Steer clear at all cost as you wont be happy working for these.
Pros
lovely parents and children
Cons
poor management
okay workplace
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London13 December 2017
The job was fun at the start and enabled me to learn a lot from the start but near the end of my time at the school it became boring due to repetitive work and this lead to me not learning much anymore and I felt my development became flat lined because I continued to learn the same things. Such as help teachers and students with basic and general IT issues. The workplace is okay, you tend to get on well with the teachers and this helped the days go faster, however when there is no work to do, or is a quiet day it becomes very boring and tiring
Good company
School Meals Supervisory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol29 December 2017
Great company to work for.
Lots of opportunities to advance .
Can be very rewarding no two days are the same .
Great company to work for if you enjoy a challenge
Finance Oasis
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  London6 July 2017
A very successful MAT which is constantly expanding. Has over 51 academies (2017) under its umbrella and can expand rapidly. Enjoyable atmosphere and requires a person to work hard and long hours.
Pros
Can experience a life in a MAT
A good place to work.
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  London8 April 2014
Reviewing and challenging audit packs and liaising with accountants and finance teams. Review meetings with financial Controller and external auditors.
I learnt how to use the PS financial systems accounting software package from posting journals to report collation. I learnt how the finance within the education sector works. My colleagues were helpful and receptive. The hardest part of the role was consolidating information for audit. The most enjoyable part of the role was partnering with internal and external stakeholders and delivering a detailed and high quality audit review pack.
Pros
Great location and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Lack of communication on occasion
Lovely friendly workplace
Lunchtime Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 September 2017
I have been in the school for 9 years and it to be a lovely friendly relaxed place.The people are very nice and I highly recommend this company.i do rate 100%
Pros
Term time only
Well intended and honest
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo / Lambeth10 April 2017
Honourable, well intended charity with an inspriational leader.

Sometimes the IT ambition feels a little hurried as they seek to find the benefit of new and robust services as quickly as possible.

Excellent people.
Pros
charity lead, makes a difference to lives
Cons
can be frustrating with reorgs
Oasis Community Learning
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2017
Good company to work for. Working in the Academy sector and Charity Sector. Academy world is challenging at the moment but will get better. Oasis is growing and will continue to grow.
Great Place to Work
Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 March 2017
I have only recently started at Oasis Community Learning (OCL) but I've been made to feel welcome and part of the team from day 1 and given all the training and support I need to do my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oasis Community Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

Oasis Community Learning Reviews by Location