Oakman Inns & Restaurants Ltd Employee Reviews

very good work place
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tring5 September 2018
Learned lots of new things.
Love the job i do, we always have good and not so good times.
Hardest part of the job its been working outside with the sun ant temperatures above the 25.
Pros
Great team
Cons
travel
Amazing company to work for
Asistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hullbridge20 July 2018
A typical day at The Anchor is busy, full of all ages and many of our most loyal regulars.

I learned so much working for Oakman Inns, more back of house for example profits & loss.

The management team are supportive and consistent, and nothing is too much to ask for.
Friendly environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tring, Hertfordshire27 September 2017
A dynamic organisation with big ambitions and values.

Very innovative and positive about change and time efficiencies.

A welcoming environment with a positive attitude.
Good but could be even better
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Ampthill, Bedfordshire25 January 2017
There is a really good ethos and culture within the company. They promised me progression when I started its the only reason I joined but they never delivered, when I brought it up, I was told none of them were aware about that and the job I would have progressed to had already been filled, conveniently it had been filled by the best friend of two members of management.
Pros
70% off food on shift, but a free lunch is provided
Cons
free lunch often consisted of 3 day old food, not deemed worthy for sale. But good enough for staff.
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Witney19 January 2017
The idea on the base of Oakman Inns vision is that everything need to be completely focused on the customers satisfaction with a particular attention to the quality of the service, of the drinks and of the food. For reach these goals the company invested a lot of resources for the training of the staff and the managers.
Nice environment to work
Junior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Ongar4 August 2016
Everyday is giving to chefs new opportunities to improve theirs quality of work.I have lerned how to best work in team,how to be a good leader and how to maintain calm in your team in stressfull situations. The management is really cools,they help when you need, Co-workers are alright. For me it doesn't exist any hardest part of the jos,even though others may say is to get all the food out in time,
Productive and fun place
Junior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Ongar4 August 2016
I enjoy working here.Really nice team and atmosphere,everybody helps each other.Nice customers,really good food and environment,
Inconsistent
Barman at The Blue Boar Witney (Current Employee) –  Witney, ENG24 February 2015
Come to the Boar, prep for the day, serve and smile, prep for night, serve and smile, close and clean, go home.

I've learned a lot, I've learned to make coffee and cocktails. How to match wine etc.

A particular manager at the Boar is very disrespectful and arrogant. Withholds useful knowledge unnecessarily. Openly recognised as lazy. Difficult to work for.

The other managers are wonderful and passionate. Flawed but forgiven. Easy to work for.

I adore the team at the boar. I'm genuinely in love with at least a third of them.

The rota frequently has a lot of mistakes, people often have to come in off rota. Working for the particular manager is the hardest part.

Laughing with co-workers and customers alike, learning about them are the reasons I love this job.