Oakland Care
Coronavirus update
Information from Oakland Care:

Oakland Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
Fun friendly with nice staff and a lot of training, good pay and advantages to the role. Learn new things every shift, management are good! Flexible with shifts
Beechwood Grove has a lovely atmosphere and is a great place to work. The staff are knowledgable and the management team are incredibly supportive. It has a positive work place environment, and the staff are always willing to help. The home is always clean and smelling lovely, and nothing is ever too much trouble.
Worst company I have worked for. No duty of care, senior staff talk to you like rubbish, only know your rota one week in advance, annual leave chosen for you, senior staff target those that do not fit their friendship circle, no reviews, senior staff are only interested in developing their friends, no reasonable adjustments made. It maybe good pay, but not worth the way you are treated.
its a fun enviorment to work in. people are friendly and you can ask them questions if there is anything that you are stck on. its nice working in different homes as it ives you more experience.
Horrendous work environment, clicky bully culture.
Unsupportive management, understaffed and over worked.

Serious complaints are ignored

It's a "if your face fits, you'll be fine" environment... NEVER again, not for all the money in the world

Take note - most positive reviews are from current staff, listen closer to the former employees
I've been at the Eastbourne home since July and its a fabulous place to work. The residents are awesome and really gracious and grateful for all we do whether it's making them breakfast in their room or helping them go to the toilet, they really do appreciate us and that's so important. I can't continue to care year in reality due to my health but hope to continue until my retirement in another part of the company when the time comes to put away my gloves.
I have been at Hastings Court since January and have never felt so privileged to work for such an extraordinary company! I started off as a health care assistant on the general nursing floor. Within under 3 months, I was promoted to team leader. The support I have received from the management team has been amazing. They have really helped me progress in this role and continue to support and guide me. Our work revolves around not only the care of the residents, but everything around them. If there is something they'd like to do such as go to the theatre, football matches etc, WE MAKE IT HAPPEN! I'd like to thank Hastings Court for being the best, and continuing to go above and beyond! Team work really does make the dream work!
I have worked at Oakland Care home for 3 and a half years and can never see myself working anywhere else! The atmosphere and fun we all have is amazing! The home is full of laughter and love for our residents.

Our residents have daily activities which include wonderful garden parties, day trips we strive to make their dreams come true.

I feel very proud and privileged to work here.
I’ve only worked here for 3 months but feel like I’m part of a huge family. Everyone at Hastings court has made me feel so welcome, helped and supported me and I’m proud to work alongside so many wonderful people who genuinely want to make a difference to people’s lives. We work hard every day to fulfill the lives of those we have the absolute pleasure of caring for, our manager is inspirational and I honestly look forward to going to work every day
I have worked for Oakland care at Hastings court for over 4 years. I started as a part time HCA whilst I completed a college course. In the past 4 years I have progressed to team leader and now community lead. I have been offered varied training courses and learning and development opportunities to increase my work based knowledge and skills. It’s a great place to work for those hoping to progress.
I am now 5 months in post and have been made to feel so welcome by everyone, the support provided to get me started was fantastic and I now feel even more excited about the role that I did at interview! I love the flexibility in being to work from the various locations, in particular within our homes there is very much a 'family' atmosphere, the quality of care is already high with positive attitudes towards learning and development. Head office is a friendly place to work, you never know who might turn up to work alongside you so its always an adventure. I feel valued and appreciated in my work, you can't ask for more!
I have worked for Oakland Care for nearly 5 years and cannot praise them enough. One of the best employers I have ever worked for. They offer a staff reward scheme, chances of promotion and fantastic continued personal development. My colleagues are great and work well together as a team inside work and are friends outside. Oakland care expect high standards and that is what anyone would want when looking after vulnerable adults.
Pros
free lunch, great colleagues, happy atmosphere, career opportunity
I was a carer for 5 years at other places before changing my job I have been in my housekeeping job at hastings court since june and couldn't be more happier staff and residents are lovely I am always nervous about starting new jobs but this one I was welcomed straight away on my first day and have settled very quickly
3 September 2019
Thank you very much for this great feedback! Best wishes, Oakland Care recruitment team
Very toxic place to work. If your not in the click then you get bullied. It’s like your at school being treated like children. Awful management and over worked. Stay well away.
3 September 2019
We are very sorry to hear about your experience and we would welcome your feedback directly, please contact us direct on office@oaklandcare.com
With this agency, I learnt a lot. I was an assistant carer but i learnt more than just that. I learnt to tolorate people, to be professional even when I was not in my comfort zone an most of all, to keep smilling.
3 September 2019
Hello, we really appreciate the feedback however we notice that this is not in relation to Oakland Care. All the best wishes, Oakland Care recruitment team
I wouldn't advise anyone to work here now. It was a great place to work up until they changed management 10 months ago. But the home has unfortunately gone down hill. Staff and residents are not happy with a lot of the changes the new manager has made.
Pros
Meal if working 12 hour days
Cons
Plenty
3 September 2019
Hello, we appreciate the feedback but this is not in relation to Oakland Care. We have homes in East Sussex and Essex.