O2 Telefonica Employee Reviews

Pretend best place to work, but too much pressure
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 September 2018
Sorry to say O2 getting one of the worst place to work.Lot of show off such as workplace and showing happy staff and how they enjoying working in O2.But my personal experience they all are fake created.Area managers forcing you to do so and store managers are doing them to make area managers happy and keep their jobs.Too much politics with in the management.I have witness how they make good staff to leave and bring useless people (friends)who just wasting time and get paid.
They do not care about staff, provide fake informations to customers just to hit store target.No one there to help if you need help.Even I have witness when you try to make a complain about bad managers, end of the day you get punshied and made you to leave.They treated very badly.I can type all day long .O2 is not the place anymore.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor management, too much politics, long hours
Not a bad place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort18 September 2018
Your team players are good, but management very poor, it may have changed by now but the blame culture. Wage was good before commission structure was constantly changed
Stay clear
Dogs body (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire15 August 2018
Stay away from trowbridge store. Management is terrible, bullied staff, keep you on probation to sack you when ever suits. They also have a high turn over in staff to ensure they hit their "connections" with staff discounts as you get 30 friends and family to give away before you have even finishes your probation. There was 2 people there over a year still on probation. Stock apparently going missing in counts and took the money from your wages - longest serving gets the biggest cut. Locked a member of staff in the office. Honestly the list goes on. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
A great retail experience
O2 Guru (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 August 2018
I worked for the O2 headingley Store for 18 months ,The first ten months involved me working as a sales advisor ,selling relevant O2 products and servcies to customers.
The later 8 months involved me working as a store guru,providing technical support and assistance to customers.
Pros
staff discounts, expense paid trips
Cons
high sales targets
Great team ethic
Finance Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 August 2018
A temporary role so cannot comment too much. Worked in finance as a temporary finance assistant to gain experience for future positions. O2 staff great, although the recruitment agency were slow to find me a new position
Clicky
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cheshire8 August 2018
While most of the staff are great one brown noser makes it a nightmare and the so called managers having a clue what their doing and make you feel like rap with a C everyday, also the pay isn't thay great and not as promised when I had the interview.

Keep away the stress of unrealistic targets isn't worth the pay or the so called bonuses, also those who are classed as part time only get 30 minutes brake IF their lucky while the fulltime (The brown noser and managers) get an hour and take there's first around 12 and by the time they've had theirs there isn't much point going as it's almost home time for the part timers.
Pros
Cups of tea
Cons
Clicky under pay no lunchs, lies about how targets works
Terrible Company
O2 Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 August 2018
Terrible company that treat their staff as work mules, Unrealistic targets considering franchises under cut us, Staff can depend on store all though there’s a lot of back stabbing within company, If you are a student then this is an ok part time job, As for career building I wouldn’t waste you’re time.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unrealistic sale targets, Terrible staff and management
They suck the life out of you. No work-life balance.
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgend3 August 2018
You’re just a number to this company.

Good at start with however as time went on I started to notice who to trust and who not to trust. Cracks started to show in the business.
Certain Franchise are awful
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire31 July 2018
Sales are always competitive, but Jar franchise is especially bad, the commission structure is disgraceful, you drop down to less than minimum wage if you hit commission and have to make up the difference with your commission to pay your own minimum wage.

It's long boring work, when customers are there its great, but management is poor and always leaving or getting dismissed.
Pros
pay is always on time, a lot of spare time to do other things
Cons
bad pay, bad management, boring 7 out of 9hrs a day
Telefónica - The Titans
1st Line IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leeds2 June 2018
If you're like myself and love a good challenge on a daily basis this is the company to work for. You will always be tested on your knowledge by colleagues and customers a like.

The best part of Telefónica is it's more like a family everyone looks out for each other and ensures you have the tools to thrive, allowing you to constantly learn and advance.

I am currently employed as a Contractor and feel safe in my skills that I'm a valued team member.

Many benefits gained for excellent performance like Gigs at O2 Academy's, Amazon Gift Cards, Recognition, Learning Tools
Pros
Evenly spaced breaks, on-site parking
Cons
Long Commute for people outside of leeds
great
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London27 May 2018
good company to work for sad to be looking for something new. only reason for leaving is that i am moving to Scotland and have to find a career there 0000
For me excellent job choice and career path!
O2 Guru (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 May 2018
Started as maternity cover in 2014, moved to permanent 1 year later and 6 months ago got the promotion I was looking for! Awesome staff discount, free airtime on phones and tablets also discount your friends and families contracts by as much as 50%

Looking to my next promotion!
Pros
Amazing discounts quarterly bonuses chance to further yourself
Cons
Some management can be unfair but usually alright
Fun and productive
02 customer service (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen14 May 2018
Good place to work because of great team along side you. Good basic salary and bonus scheme at that time also sales incentives it was a franchise store but got good help and support from main office o2.
Pros
New gadgets
Cons
Hours
Excellent place to work
Service Assurance Strategy and Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 May 2018
While superb, O2 is driven by both market forces and any changes in senior management.

Any changes give rise to a rethink of regular activities and this can lead to a state of constant change.
All going down hill
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  North East16 April 2018
This company used to be a fun place to work but it's all gone down hill recently. The bonuses are terrible. There's no support or training from management just constant pressure to do more. All staff are on action plans as we can't meet targets as they are completely unachievable. I used to love working here now it's a nightmare.
Pros
Onlg need to pay for a device plan and get free airtime
Cons
Poor bonus, targets too high. Poor management
Productive and friendly workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Preston Brook6 March 2018
During my time at O2, I enjoyed working there as I found that my shifts were great and the people I worked with were also very friendly and easy to get on with. I would usually work 4 days with 3 days off which I liked as it meant I got to spend more time outside of work with friends and family. This was my first job in a call centre and quickly found it very easy to learn the basics and all the systems within the job. The management was well set out and we could ask for help from anyone around us if we ever found it difficult to handle a situation. The hardest part of the job was sometimes being on a call with a customer who was being very difficult but I always managed to resolve the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people around me as everyone was really nice.
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Difficult customers
good environment to work in
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey19 February 2018
working environment is good.

You meet different people every day and no two days are the same.

Working at o2 I learnt a verity of skills from opening to the store, cash managment, dealing with difficult customers, stock taking, taking deliveires and other skills to.

i would say the hardest part of the jobs is at times trying to hit your kpis or targets, but if working as a team it can be achieved.
Pros
discounts phone contracts for staff and friends family.
Cons
the quite days at work.
Fun and good atmosphere
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Runcorn17 February 2018
Really nice place to work, plenty of opportunities to move up in your career choice, Salary good, could do with reviewing certain shift patterns to accommodate staff with children
not for me.
Guru (Former Employee) –  Holloway, Greater London16 February 2018
The job was OK but as a guru you duties out weigh the other management team but you get paid less. there is not much support for you in store team but the external team is excellent. The job its self can be rewarding if you enjoy problem solving and seeing people happy.
Pros
discounts for you and your family
Cons
long hours and very little help
people orientated
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire11 January 2018
Great company to work for, o2 has been my first ever job, i have started as PT and progressed to a Store leader, everyday is different, you'll always learn something new
Pros
Staff plan, free Gadget
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O2 Telefonica. Our community is ready to answer.