O2 Telefonica Employee Reviews

great
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London27 May 2018
good company to work for sad to be looking for something new. only reason for leaving is that i am moving to Scotland and have to find a career there 0000
For me excellent job choice and career path!
O2 Guru (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 May 2018
Started as maternity cover in 2014, moved to permanent 1 year later and 6 months ago got the promotion I was looking for! Awesome staff discount, free airtime on phones and tablets also discount your friends and families contracts by as much as 50%

Looking to my next promotion!
Pros
Amazing discounts quarterly bonuses chance to further yourself
Cons
Some management can be unfair but usually alright
Fun and productive
02 customer service (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen14 May 2018
Good place to work because of great team along side you. Good basic salary and bonus scheme at that time also sales incentives it was a franchise store but got good help and support from main office o2.
Pros
New gadgets
Cons
Hours
Excellent place to work
Service Assurance Strategy and Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 May 2018
While superb, O2 is driven by both market forces and any changes in senior management.

Any changes give rise to a rethink of regular activities and this can lead to a state of constant change.
All going down hill
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  North East16 April 2018
This company used to be a fun place to work but it's all gone down hill recently. The bonuses are terrible. There's no support or training from management just constant pressure to do more. All staff are on action plans as we can't meet targets as they are completely unachievable. I used to love working here now it's a nightmare.
Pros
Onlg need to pay for a device plan and get free airtime
Cons
Poor bonus, targets too high. Poor management
Productive and friendly workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Preston Brook6 March 2018
During my time at O2, I enjoyed working there as I found that my shifts were great and the people I worked with were also very friendly and easy to get on with. I would usually work 4 days with 3 days off which I liked as it meant I got to spend more time outside of work with friends and family. This was my first job in a call centre and quickly found it very easy to learn the basics and all the systems within the job. The management was well set out and we could ask for help from anyone around us if we ever found it difficult to handle a situation. The hardest part of the job was sometimes being on a call with a customer who was being very difficult but I always managed to resolve the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people around me as everyone was really nice.
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Difficult customers
good environment to work in
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey19 February 2018
working environment is good.

You meet different people every day and no two days are the same.

Working at o2 I learnt a verity of skills from opening to the store, cash managment, dealing with difficult customers, stock taking, taking deliveires and other skills to.

i would say the hardest part of the jobs is at times trying to hit your kpis or targets, but if working as a team it can be achieved.
Pros
discounts phone contracts for staff and friends family.
Cons
the quite days at work.
Fun and good atmosphere
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Runcorn17 February 2018
Really nice place to work, plenty of opportunities to move up in your career choice, Salary good, could do with reviewing certain shift patterns to accommodate staff with children
not for me.
Guru (Former Employee) –  Holloway, Greater London16 February 2018
The job was OK but as a guru you duties out weigh the other management team but you get paid less. there is not much support for you in store team but the external team is excellent. The job its self can be rewarding if you enjoy problem solving and seeing people happy.
Pros
discounts for you and your family
Cons
long hours and very little help
people orientated
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire11 January 2018
Great company to work for, o2 has been my first ever job, i have started as PT and progressed to a Store leader, everyday is different, you'll always learn something new
Pros
Staff plan, free Gadget
Cons
Salary
excellent
Supervisor / shift leader (Current Employee) –  bristol cribbs causeway23 December 2017
excellent place to work great people and great leadership, learnt a lot working here and would definitely recommend for anyone who would like to start a career in telecom
Pros
great for learning self managment
Cons
not great if you have family
Dated systems. Over occupied with sales.
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  The O2, Greater London15 December 2017
Terrible company to work for. They use 10 separate, old and antiquated computer systems to process everything from sales to holiday requests. O2 have Franchise stores all over the country, these stores have no morals and will send all their returns to your company owned store and that will risk your bonus payments as o2 do not remove the sale from the store from which the product was purchased but from the store to which it was returned (Madness), this results in staff not processing returns for customers until the customer has spent half an hour refusing to return to the original store of purchase. Then there are the people, there are a lot of students working part time and they are the best staff members in the retail stores, the rest are the people that are unwilling and unqualified to do any other job so spend 20 years as sales advisors and as a result are miserable and have no care about doing a good job, they are there to do the bare minimum and take their money. When you encounter these people if you clash or do not get on with them they gang up and raise grievances angainst you.

My advice; if you’re a student and will be working part time then leaving then it’s ok. If your thinking about working there full time and leaving your current job, don’t. Find something else.
Pros
Discounted phone lines.
Cons
Culture. People. Systems. Training. Customer service.
Fun Workplace
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands20 November 2017
Hungry individuals who are hungry to hit there kpi's throughout the year, very competitive atmosphere which is great in a sales environment. Which keeps me motivated and hungry to beat others.
Average
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside16 November 2017
Target centred role, great if you like a challenge. Pressure from management to meet sales and targets, easier to meet in a full time role rather than part time. Worked with a good team and overall a good experience.
A life time at O2
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire10 November 2017
The best part of the job is working for a brand with a great reputation. Over the course of my career, I have had the opportunity to work on some amazing campaigns that I am very proud of. There are a lot of passionate people who work there, so it makes working together productive. The only downside is that they do re-structure quite often and in my experience this has been poorly managed, with people in uncertainty for long periods of time.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Lack of career progression
Stable
O2 NSPCC Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Runcorn25 October 2017
No real advancement in career prospects. Part time workers are not given many options either. Not flexible on working times. Poor management. Good environment to work however the canteen is over priced with no real options to go elsewhere to eat.
Pros
Pay
Cons
carrer advancement
Great Mobile Network
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee) –  midlands18 October 2017
The salary is not as good as other retailers however as a company its a great place to be in. good training and benefits. Diverse Culture and fun environment
Fun place to work
Sales Advisor/Instore Complaints (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire13 October 2017
Although the company does not have much in terms of progression - as a part time job whilst studying, o2 is a great place to work. The management help you and its a fun environment
Productive and fun environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London8 October 2017
Fun place to work very fast paced and engaging. Always willing to go the extra mile to look after employees and developed new ways to keep you working hard
lovely work atmosphere
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough7 October 2017
The job includes helping customers buy phones, top up their phones, and answer general queries about the technology sold. sales assistants are expected to stock shelves, do general tidying up, and go through the deliveries. the best part of the job is the atmosphere, as the other workers are always upbeat and friendly. the worst part of the job are the rude customers
Pros
long lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O2 Telefonica. Our community is ready to answer.