O2 Telefonica Employee Reviews

Buena cultura del trabajo
Comerciante (Former Employee) –  Londres4 December 2018
Buen ambiente laboral.

Trabajaba en un ambiente internacional
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton14 November 2018
New challenges. Fun. Big perks. Choice of benefits. Great training. The buzz. A great bunch of people.
At our offices, stores and contact centres, we all chip in to help each other and provide services and add-ons only O2 can.
Pros
Good team
Fun work environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire12 November 2018
Amazing place to work. Awesome work mates who are always up for a laugh and really easy to get along with. Sadly abit slow on getting training sorted. But overall loved working here.
Pros
Great staff discount. Fun work environment.
Cons
Lack of training.
A Great place to work
Franchise Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 November 2018
Telefonica is very dedicated to looking after it's own people as well their customers. They are very flexible, fun to work for but ensuring they are professional throughout
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
A lot of travel
O2 Telefonica
Identity Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 October 2018
Worked their for 27 years working in various departments, great company to work for, learnt many skills over the years , lovely people to work with, made many friends.
Pros
Salary, location
Cons
management structure too top heavy, poor management decisions
Looks great on the outside, rotten to the core.
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 October 2018
Upon starting the role the in store team were brilliant, very welcoming. There wasn't too much pressure and management were always kind and teaching. I was promised that I could find hours around my time at University and that it is common for students to hold such positions on sales teams. It took me only a few months to find out however, that this is no ordinary sales role. Due to the focus being on targets so heavily to the point that it will cost you your job if you aren't hitting them, understandably I shifted more focus toward my work, as I needed the wage to feed and water myself day to day. However this resulted in less attention being paid to my studies and I would often not attend lectures in order to work more hours in order to hit my targets, there was no choice in it if I wanted to keep working there.

As soon as I was signed off to sell on my own my life became very stressfull, often working until late into the evening where there would be maybe five to ten customers maximum through the doors, a shift I later coined, 'the cleaning shift' because if you were hoping to be more than a cleaner on those shifts, you were sorely mistaken. (This later was extended to include early morning shifts, as the footfall was just as bad) It was seemingly impossible to gain any on my target deficit (that's right, it carries over every pound you miss) and this was only worsened by many shifts being overstaffed, where five or six advisors would stand like predators at the front of the store, ready to pounce on any member of the public, and conflicts often arose between perfect
  more... friends due to the 'stealing of sales'. The entire system is deeply flawed, and I don't wish it on anyone.

There is a definite bias towards the older and more experience sellers as they always get the busiest hours, which means more customers, and thus they are more likely to make sales and hit their targets. I was never so lucky. By the time I began to get better hours, it was because more than half of a team over ten strong, had all left the store, all of them with similar reasons, they felt the job had changed into something much worse than it was apparently not long before I started.

Management will look to rinse as many sales as they can out of anyone by any means necessary, including threat of corporate punishment in form of warnings, both written and spoken. Understandably it is their job to keep the store afloat, but the methods used were desperate and harsh. They expect miracles from their sales team and every one of them is two-faced. Management is also very cliquey, and I never felt part of that 'team', meawhile my fellow advisors and I all got along amazingly. It felt similar to being in high school, except the year above you is in charge. The true victim of their ruthlessness however is often the customer, management constantly preach about finding the 'right' deal' for them, however, they do not want you to find the most cost effective/convenient deal for the customer - only for the store, which often I did anyway and was chastised for it every single time. We were forced to push products onto customers who not only did not need them, but also who were, eighty percent of the time, worse off for it. I felt tremendous guilt when this happened, and it happened daily.

The only caveat is the pay is what I would call slightly above average hourly wage, providing management see fit to let you have the wage which they advertise on these boards. What is more likely is that you will be stuck on a probational wage (often under or around minimum wage) for as long as they can justify it. Even then, payment is often poorly managed by the payroll offices, and I had to call them to correct errors with pay 3 times in my year there.

The Job of advisor itself was actually immensely enjoyable, or it would be if it were anything like the job description, and not the monstrosity they want you to be. Be aware advisor roles are often HEAVILY targeted in high footfall areas, and underperformance is considered anything under 120%, a tough figure to hit with managers who will constantly push you too hard with complete disregard toward your personal life, an experience many of my colleagues and myself went through, I can only describe it as borderline emotional abuse.

Bad enough that you have to deal with being called any number of horrible things by members of the public, but to have such an atmosphere too...

In my time I worked under 3 different members of management, and only one of them would I ever consider working with again, a diamond in a manure truck, it would seem.

If I could do it again, I wouldn't.
Pros
Pay is slightly above average (though not sufficient still)
Cons
Toxic atmosphere, high intensity sales environment, unrelenting pressure from management, unachievable targets
fun
Customer relaions executive (Former Employee) –  Arlington business centre Leeds14 October 2018
Great company to work for for such a long time, slipped a bit following the telefonica takeover but I loved my time there and would recommend the network to anyone great place to work.
GDPR Business Analyst - (2 Month Contract) (Former Employee) –  Slough11 October 2018
Great company with relaxed culture, people are very approachable and great exposure to lots of additional opportunities to enhance yourself. Also have a shuttle service for those who take the train into Slough
Pretend best place to work, but too much pressure
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 September 2018
Sorry to say O2 getting one of the worst place to work.Lot of show off such as workplace and showing happy staff and how they enjoying working in O2.But my personal experience they all are fake created.Area managers forcing you to do so and store managers are doing them to make area managers happy and keep their jobs.Too much politics with in the management.I have witness how they make good staff to leave and bring useless people (friends)who just wasting time and get paid.
They do not care about staff, provide fake informations to customers just to hit store target.No one there to help if you need help.Even I have witness when you try to make a complain about bad managers, end of the day you get punshied and made you to leave.They treated very badly.I can type all day long .O2 is not the place anymore.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor management, too much politics, long hours
Not a bad place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort18 September 2018
Your team players are good, but management very poor, it may have changed by now but the blame culture. Wage was good before commission structure was constantly changed
Best job I’ve had
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury23 August 2018
Working O2 was the best experience and if I could work there again, I would. The management is amazing, the customers that you interact with everyday are amazing, unbelievable working environment!
Pros
Management, benefits, environment
Stay clear
Dogs body (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire15 August 2018
Stay away from trowbridge store. Management is terrible, bullied staff, keep you on probation to sack you when ever suits. They also have a high turn over in staff to ensure they hit their "connections" with staff discounts as you get 30 friends and family to give away before you have even finishes your probation. There was 2 people there over a year still on probation. Stock apparently going missing in counts and took the money from your wages - longest serving gets the biggest cut. Locked a member of staff in the office. Honestly the list goes on. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
A great retail experience
O2 Guru (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 August 2018
I worked for the O2 headingley Store for 18 months ,The first ten months involved me working as a sales advisor ,selling relevant O2 products and servcies to customers.
The later 8 months involved me working as a store guru,providing technical support and assistance to customers.
Pros
staff discounts, expense paid trips
Cons
high sales targets
Great team ethic
Finance Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 August 2018
A temporary role so cannot comment too much. Worked in finance as a temporary finance assistant to gain experience for future positions. O2 staff great, although the recruitment agency were slow to find me a new position
Clicky
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cheshire8 August 2018
While most of the staff are great one brown noser makes it a nightmare and the so called managers having a clue what their doing and make you feel like rap with a C everyday, also the pay isn't thay great and not as promised when I had the interview.

Keep away the stress of unrealistic targets isn't worth the pay or the so called bonuses, also those who are classed as part time only get 30 minutes brake IF their lucky while the fulltime (The brown noser and managers) get an hour and take there's first around 12 and by the time they've had theirs there isn't much point going as it's almost home time for the part timers.
Pros
Cups of tea
Cons
Clicky under pay no lunchs, lies about how targets works
Terrible Company
O2 Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 August 2018
Terrible company that treat their staff as work mules, Unrealistic targets considering franchises under cut us, Staff can depend on store all though there’s a lot of back stabbing within company, If you are a student then this is an ok part time job, As for career building I wouldn’t waste you’re time.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unrealistic sale targets, Terrible staff and management
They suck the life out of you. No work-life balance.
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgend3 August 2018
You’re just a number to this company.

Good at start with however as time went on I started to notice who to trust and who not to trust. Cracks started to show in the business.
Certain Franchise are awful
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire31 July 2018
Sales are always competitive, but Jar franchise is especially bad, the commission structure is disgraceful, you drop down to less than minimum wage if you hit commission and have to make up the difference with your commission to pay your own minimum wage.

It's long boring work, when customers are there its great, but management is poor and always leaving or getting dismissed.
Pros
pay is always on time, a lot of spare time to do other things
Cons
bad pay, bad management, boring 7 out of 9hrs a day
Telefónica - The Titans
1st Line IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leeds2 June 2018
If you're like myself and love a good challenge on a daily basis this is the company to work for. You will always be tested on your knowledge by colleagues and customers a like.

The best part of Telefónica is it's more like a family everyone looks out for each other and ensures you have the tools to thrive, allowing you to constantly learn and advance.

I am currently employed as a Contractor and feel safe in my skills that I'm a valued team member.

Many benefits gained for excellent performance like Gigs at O2 Academy's, Amazon Gift Cards, Recognition, Learning Tools
Pros
Evenly spaced breaks, on-site parking
Cons
Long Commute for people outside of leeds
great
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London27 May 2018
good company to work for sad to be looking for something new. only reason for leaving is that i am moving to Scotland and have to find a career there 0000

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O2 Telefonica. Our community is ready to answer.