O'Neill & Brennan Employee Reviews

Reliable agency
Labourer (Current Employee) –  London2 February 2019
In my experience with this agency I had a single delayed payment and it was solved in a reasonable short time. I spoke with their agent on construction site and money were topped up to my account at the end of the day.
Advertising jobs that just don’t exist
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire22 January 2019
Over a very short space of time they advertised jobs that just don’t exist, then said they didn’t know anything about advers they had placed
As most of reviews state, Steer Well Clear” Jackanory Company
Pros
Cons
All of it
Labourer
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh21 January 2019
Horrendous Agency to work for, They send you the Details of the site to turn up on, After making that effort to get there for that start date (Money On Transport etc) The Job doesnt exist .
Stay Well Clear
Pros
Cons
Many
Terrible company dont call back
Joiner/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 December 2018
Hard to get them to return calls unprofessional and unhelpful
Need to respond to people better and organise the jobs better as it's not great communication
7 December 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are really sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience but we will pass on your feedback to the relevant team.

Group Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2018
O'Neill & Brennan is an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.We have the opportunity to make a difference with the work that we do and to see the great benefit it brings people. All of our regional offices are made up of fun and friendly people and the workplace culture is one of fairness and inclusivity.

Since I joined in 2016 I have a seen a lot of positive changes that have been made for the benefit of our staff, including the introduction of Perkbox, Workplace (our internal comms social hub), lots of initiatives to support good causes, extra annual leave and a new Instagram account to showcase all of the great things that are going on.
Pros
Great team of people, good work life balance, flexible working, inclusive culture
28 November 2018

Thank you for your great review. We are glad that you enjoy working for us.

Useless, spineless agents
Carpenter/Joiner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 November 2018
Worked on a job for Oneill and Brennan and had to wait over two weeks for payment, no explanation or help at all from any staff at various branches.....wouldn’t recommend working for them to even the really desperate
Pros
Decent rate
Cons
You don’t get paid
28 November 2018

We are very sorry that you haven't had a good experience of working with us. It certainly doesn't sound like the type of service we usually provide. I hope that your payment situation has been resolved. Otherwise feel free to contact hr@oandb.co.uk and we can look into this for you.

Bogus jobs
Site Operative (Former Employee) –  South wales6 November 2018
Three times I've applied and rung about jobs put on within the hour that were extremely local to me, Three times the jobs were gone? One was a previous site I have worked and still know staff there no one started for this agency and intact the contractor doesn't even deal with them?
Pros
Free lies
Cons
Bogus jobs
19 November 2018

We are sorry that you have had a negative experience with us. Sometimes jobs come and go very quickly and these things are out of our control. We always do our best to find other work where we can. We hope that you consider working with us again in the future.

Wasters
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Yate, Gloucestershire4 November 2018
i Went out for this agency, got a week pass for train that cost over £100 and the job wasn’t even there. They did not require a operator.

But last week I went to give them another chance and more lies came from them
19 November 2018

We are sorry that you have had a negative experience with us. Unfortunately sometimes we are let down at the last minute but we appreciate your frustration. We hope that we can help find you some work in the future. Thank you for your feedback which will be passed on to the appropriate office.

CPCS Telehandler
Cpcs telehander (Former Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire24 October 2018
Got to site and they said that they don’t need and forklift driver on here please leave 2 hours on the train for nothing lollololololololol if I got told yesterday about the job details and if they whant one I would of loved it
Pros
Cons
No work
19 November 2018

We are sorry that you didn't have a great experience with us. Sometimes we are let down at the last minute which we understand is incredibly frustrating. We hope we can find some work in the future for you.

Labourer
Labourer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire14 September 2018
Labourer work for 10£ ph , but on site they expect me to do painting groundwork and many more , when I asked them to rise my money they told me they couldn’t do that what a joke , so I left them get massage to blame me for not finishing the work , after a few weeks I had massage how am I doing like nothing happens before , one of agency lads was trying to sneak in to my private business and was pushing me to hire people from them or even himself to learn the trade , his excuses were he is bored of office work that is very unprofessional behaviour ,really avoid this agency
19 November 2018

We are very sorry that you had a negative experience with us. That certainly doesn't reflect how we usually operate. We will pass your feedback onto the team.

Temp Administrator (Current Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire4 September 2018
Really lovely people to work with
Nice environment in the office
Great location being so close to Potters Bar station
Work I've been doing has been varied and interesting
Pros
Free tea and coffee
14 September 2018

Thank you for your great review. We are glad that you had a great experience with us.

Positive and reliable company to work for.
O'Neill and Brennan (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire8 June 2018
I have been doing work on and of for two years now, always have something to fall back on if contracts ends, never had an issue with my pay and all staff are friendly and helpful.
1 August 2018

Thank you for your positive review. It is great to hear you have had a good experience working with us.

Never again need me arounf to much
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex27 March 2018
I've work on a few jobs for them now 2 3 times and I'm never doing then again the last job they sent me on was in Worthing and I need banksmens ticker asked then If I need 1 for work they said no and you did and my last job was today all set up to go in and texted me in the morning to say I can go in as there are having problems with the office never again
Pros
No work no pay
Cons
A day out lolz
1 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your contract didn't work out.

A great place to work
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire9 March 2018
Everyone in the team is really friendly and welcoming. I have felt thoroughly supported since I have arrived and everything that I have needed has been provided for me.

The team work really hard but there is also a fairly relaxed atmosphere in the office as everyone seems to enjoy their job.

As HR Manager, I will be reviewing all of our benefits, engagement and communication with the hope of making it an even better place to work in the future.
Pros
Flexible working opportunities, a friendly environment to work in, lovely office and options to work remotely
1 August 2018

Thank you for your great review. It is a pleasure to have you on-board.

Stay well clear
Fork Lift Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Newnet19 February 2018
When to work for this lot after being told it was long term got to job and I was not needed so they phoned me few days later with one days work told me I would get paid 10 hours and they only paid me 8. 2 weeks I have been phoning office and still not sign of my 2 hours
Pros
Cons
Lies
1 August 2018

Thank you for your review, we are sorry that there was confusion over your pay.

Straight talking reliable
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Sussex15 February 2018
One of the best agencies out there .pay good rates and if your honest and reliable will allways find work for you.follow up calls and checking on your availabikity.
Pros
Good company to be in with
1 August 2018

Thank you for your great review. We are glad that you enjoy working with us.

Stay away
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire23 January 2018
Left a job to go and start with these clowns just after Christmas apparently i had to start on the Friday as they were that busy they couldn't wait till the monday. They sent 2 of us to the site and only needed one. This lot made me unemployed and haven't been able to find work and not heard anything from them since
Pros
Cons
lies
1 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. We do our best to communicate with our clients so that we provide the right number of people but unfortunately sometimes we are let down too.

misleading company
Traffic Marshall (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 October 2017
Promised work for long term,in reality was just for one day!!!!
Reassured by Joe a few times that is an ongoing job and he even said weekend work available too!!!!!
What a JOKE!!!!!
Pros
paid on time
Cons
VERY short term job
31 October 2017

I'm sure this is not for a traffic marshall position at all, but actually an FLD. You were told by the client repeatedly to slow down on site. You crashed the FLD into a skip on the second day.

Needless to say you weren't kept on by the client, they felt you were too incompetent to be on site and were a danger to everyone else around you.

The vacancy ran until Christmas (long term work as stated), the reality of one day is solely down to yourself.

great company
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 October 2017
the company is highly recommended with competitive rates of pay and a variety of job opportunities within the site. To see a house built up from the ground and prepared to a high standard is a very rewarding experience and then to see it being occupied by a family makes my job seems worth all the efforts of everyone involved.
Traffic marshall
Traffic Marshall (Former Employee) –  Bognor Regis, West Sussex16 September 2017
All l can say it's defo so far best agency..good pay and you are well looked after..Just do the job and don't mess about as they will put you to the next job .
Pros
Higher pay than expected
Cons
Miscommunication with the hiring company
18 September 2017

Thank you for your review. If at anytime we fall short of your expectations, remember to call us to talk through it to see if we can help in any way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Neill & Brennan. Our community is ready to answer.