Play YouTube video button
Nurseplus

Nurseplus Employee Reviews

United Kingdom504 reviews
Featured review
Nurseplus selected this as a representative review
First time agency nurse
I never thought, I could/would work for an agency. Coming from Germany, I had so far learned a lot in the UK, good and bad experiences, but had not found my feet in British nursing in nearly four years.
Starting with Nurse Plus last December, they sent me out quite regularly - after appropriate induction training - to two really nice care homes, where I was made feel welcome, was supported by all staff and settled quickly into the homes’ routine. Most important... for the majority of time/at the busiest time in these homes, there are 2 registered nurses on shift + very helpful, skilled and capable care and other staff! We all know, there are allocations, where this is not always the case.

Booking shifts with Nurse Plus is uncomplicated, you give out your availability for 2 weeks/a month, you will get a list with available shifts, days, nights, earlies, and lates, all via email, and sometimes you get an urgent call, if you can cover an emergency. All mails are confirmed, when received, and for ease, have these 3 answer buttons for quick click and send...

You can call into Nurse Plus from 06:30h until 22:30h to speak to someone and they will listen!

Uniform for free, easy/basic payslips, you take a picture of the payslip and send it via email, once you finished work and it is signed or before the weekly deadline, payment spot on time - weekly, PAYE-System for taxes (well you pay some more than employee-rate, but you can claim it back, I guess).

So far I have mostly come home from 6-12 hour shifts - well - tired, but not exhausted, however, feeling content and happy, knowing,
 - more...
good and friendly place to work for
plenty of work. friendly staff plenty of work good locations and pay not too much stress, very understanding and friendly staff they try and cater for your needs.
Pros
plenty hours
Cons
Loved working for NursePlus.
I loved working with NursePlus and would work for them again if I needed to.Management at Chester where Brilliant and where able to give me shifts that fitted in with home.
no shifts west brom
dont bother with west brom branch there a joke. no communication. no work. manager is rude. what a waste of time.
go to another agency not this one.
Overall Lacking
MSc graduate and care worker +2 years experience. I worked with NursePlus Chester for a few months before recently taking an offer for a position as a Senior Carer with a different employer.

Employment with NursePlus is fine for casual and part-time work, but for those looking to find full-time employment I'd seriously consider other options.

Hours vary drastically between weeks, with 45hr one week and 5hrs the next. However, management do make an effort to place you if pushed.

The biggest problem with the company however would be the care homes with which they take representative. While some of the care homes do meet up to standard the majority of homes you will be sent to are downright incompetent when it comes to care.

NursePlus need desperately to look into the quality of the care homes they choose to represent, and will do well in future to take issues raised by their employees more seriously.
Highly recommend
Really great agency and honest which is always appreciated! Whilst it had been a little quieter, they have been fairly distributing staff and communicating well with us.
Been to some great homes, one or two I don’t wish to return to but agency appreciate that and take note.

Would highly recommend
excellent and fun workplace
At the Harlow branch excellent management team, wonderful trainer. they are all fun to work with. They make the work easier for a member of staff. Good pay too.
Pros
good pay
Great agency
I work as an RGN for the durham branch. The interview was great, I felt appreciated and needed. The lady who interviewed me was true to her word and got me through registration quickly and painlessly. She was very efficient.
She always deals with any queries I have promptly and professionally. She’s a great support and makes being an agency worker a great experience. I’ve worked for many agency before and they don’t give you support and they can be quite dishonest.

I am friendly with a lot of other nurse who work for this branch and they all feel the same.

During the Covid crisis nurseplus have been vigilant in their screening of services and staff. They call me regularly to check my status and always inform us of the status of the services at time of booking.

The only downside to Durham branch is the young man who works there. Very arrogant, extremely dishonest and extremely unhelpful. If you get through to the manager or the female member of staff your going to get a great service. If you get through to him my advice would be ring back or ask to be out through to someone who’ actually cares enough about thato talk to you
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nurseplus?
Never been better.
I have done care work for a number of years. And I have only been working for nurse plus for a couple of weeks and they have been great. The wages are good and they are providing adequate hours! However the only thing I would change is to have some form of contract. However great company and supportive staff.
Bad managment
Bad managment, extremely clicky office and and will employ absolutely anyone. No matter performance, very unsupportive towards staff and make mountains out of mole hills
Amazing place to work
Wonderful place to work. Always so accommodating with shifts and will definitely keep you busy and provide work. The ladies at Halifax are doing an amazing job and always go the extra mile. I would recommend anyone looking for flexible work and weekly pay to sign up immediately
Great supportive culture
I love my job. The lady in the durham office is so supportive and helpful. Always does what you need her to do. The manager is also lovely and very approachable. They make a great team. I always get shifts when I want them. The girls always look after us and will happily raise issues with the services we go to if we discuss it with them. I had always wanted to work in care and this was the best move I ever made. I would definitely recommendesigning up and helping your community. You couldn’t work for a better team.
Pros
Always get shifts when you want them
Great
Management are understanding, easy to speak to. At the moment I’ve only done one shift and Nurseplus have already showed their gratitude! They also support their staff which is something previous companies have struggled with so it feels amazing.
Poor
This company is by far the worse I've worked for, not giving you enough hours to even pay for a £10 monthly phone bill and the rest of your bills. There is no professionalitat whatsoever in between the carer and the office, you as the carer will be completely disregarded unless you are being the puppy of the manager, beware that the carers that work for this company, most of them will try to make you sound bad so they fire you anf then them be in a better position .makyou
Poor Local Support
still waiting for my first shift. They don't get back to you. Supposedly at this Covid 19 time we need more Care Workers but they never get back to you. The zero hours is rubbish you can't plan your like around not knowing if you're going to get work.
Pros
free uniform- never worn!
Cons
useless local management
Job security
NursePLUS need to stop 0 contracts there is no job security at all. People don’t stay where there is no job security.
The Manager and colleagues are very good just think it’s this 0 contract idea which makes a good company appear cheap and uncaring to their hard working staff
Job application
I had 2 ask for my dbs refund from nurse plus sale Manchester branch. The staff are slow and incompetent, they take your money then you don't hear from them regarding training. I've wasted 3 weeks with this company and I'm still unemployed. We all have bills to pay. Staff also have poor customer service skills and they answer the telephone in an unprofessional manner.
Good
I am happy when I was working for nurse plus as there was good hours, good money, good people and good atmosphere within the team I especially enjoyed training as it was good for building ability and skills
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Nurse plus.. Good company
Good company but not always enough hours per week.
They didn’t always pay mileage, had to remind them!

But management were good, and most of the places I worked, the staff were really helpful, a few places didn’t like agency workers.
Excellent
It's nice working for Nursepluse, they are reliabl, well organized, structured and managed in their services. They respect their staffs and their service users also, the equip their staffs with up to date skills
Good
Good company to work for, reputable and flexible working hours available. Would recommend. Wages good, a lot of driving though. Very rushed at times too.