Nurse Plus Pay & Benefits reviews

Good company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire10 December 2019
I am very like working with them . Friendly colleagues, lot of knowledge, good training, well paid and good uniform. Comfortable brunch with good people.
Professional but fun place
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall10 December 2019
Management friendly yet professional,very supportive.
Always try to offer you the work you prefer in the area you want. Good training and always happy to put on extra training if you are interested in something specific
Pros
good weekly pay and extra holiday pay
Cons
if can't drive can limit the work
Good
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham10 December 2019
Excellent Thai is a really good company and I would hubby recoupment this to everyone it’s flexible and really good and you send availability very good experience
Management is good. Kind staff. Salary not quite competitive.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk9 December 2019
The management at nurse plus is good. The office staff are kind and friendly. They respect and value their workers. Payments come right on time. However, the hourly rates can be better.
Great
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire22 November 2019
It's a great company to be a part off, if you want flexible hour at your own request on one issue is that you dont get paid for training days or receive mileage payments to and from the different locations
Flexible hours, variety and a fantastic management team, what more could you ask for!?
Healthcare assistant/ support worker (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk18 October 2019
Choose your own hours/availability to fit in around your own family life and current commitments, great training and professional development opportunities, fantastic, welcoming management, a range of amazing clients enabling you to work in a variety of different places, good pay with great benefits such as holiday pay... absolutely love working for Nurse plus and being able to be part of such an amazing team at the Norwich branch :)
Community care worker dover
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Dover, Kent11 October 2019
You can pick your days you can work , the hours though your day can be selected, however you need to be flexible with your hours due to clients going on holiday or hospital. Fast paced you are going to home to home throughout your day and if u walk be prepared to walk alot though your day, in all weather. Clients are always lovely. Holiday pay you earn it as you work , on average you earn a week holiday every 2 months. . The down side is you are not contracted hours so you don't know how many hours you get till every Thursday when your Rota is sent to you so your money will be different every week but the wedge is good. Training is free but you have to pay for your dbs but you do get it refunded after you complete your 100 hours.
Good and bad
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hastings21 August 2019
I get enough shift but suddenly my take home becomes small and dwindling. The amount deducted for tax and NI is so high that I work and ask why I work so much with little to show for it
Good Agency to work for
Care/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge8 August 2019
I am enjoying working with Nurse Plus, Staff is good ,helpful and polite. It is agency, so working hours are not guaranteed but that is the nature of the job.
Pros
Good service by staff, decent hourly wages.
Cons
zero hour contract
Good if you just need to top up normal hours.
Nurse Plus (returned) (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent23 July 2019
The company is good to work for in regards to pay and social/work balance however if you need full time work I wouldn’t suggest nurse plus. In the months that I’ve worked here I have only been offered 1 shift that’s close to me. The others have been around 30 miles away so it’s a good thing I’m a driver. They do not pay travel time or petrol so if I was on a 12 hour shift I’d earn approximately £102 but it would cost me £20 in fuel.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, no travel pay
Floating shifts every day,lovely , caring and understanding
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chichester15 July 2019
Nurse Plus is one of the biggest agencies working to ensure mental,disabled and elderly people have a good life.Nurse plus unlike many other agencies pays for travel costs if you are going to do care work.This is a bonus because many agencies don't pay for travel.Nurse plus has plenty of supportwork and carework.Note that there is a big difference between the two. It also pays for your holiday which makes the total wages higher.
Pros
Plentiful of work
Cons
Variation of work places
Absolutely awful agency
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon12 July 2019
They are terrible I worked two weeks with them the first week they “forgot” to pay me and the second week my pay was nearly cut in half I am still trying to get the money I am owed and they are trying to get out of paying me! They are very rude the hours are awful! Some of their care home clients are disgusting and I wish I never went with them! Save yourself the headache and find a different job they are not worth it!
Pros
Cons
Rude poor management
Basic
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex11 May 2019
Constant messages and phone calls nagging. No proper holiday pay it goes into your weekly pay. You don’t get petrol allowance you don’t get paid for training. You have to pay £25 per copy of your training certificates.
Pros
Cons
Zero hour contract no petrol allowance no holiday pay
poliet
Health care assistant / support worker (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire10 May 2019
couldn't ask for a better agency but never know when next shift is and not guaranteed regular hours and training is free u have to pay for dbs but u get the money bk once you have worked 100 hours with them
Cons
never know when next shift is and not guaranteed regular hours
An excellent team for recruiting everything done professional
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Essex1 May 2019
From start to finish was treated professionlly. Good communication, training very good and professional. Uniform provided. Once availability given work is then offered to you with no pressure. No problems with pay, on time. Overall I'm very happy with Nurseplus x
Pros
Free uniform
Nurse plus review
Career (Current Employee) –  Gladgow30 April 2019
To work for Nurse plus is really nice😊 they have brilliant clients, flexible hours, no stress as they are very organise. Their trying is very good and although I am working as a career( as a part time job) few years, I learn new things were are very importand for this job and do my job better. Lovely and positive people in the office who can understand you and help you if you need it. I am working part time as my main job is different subject but I really enjoy it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not many shifts closer to the city
Good working environment
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 April 2019
I have recently joined the team and everyone was welcoming. Got on well with my training and good amount of shifts started coming through. The hours are very flexible and that's vital as I am a uni student. The working environment is fun and chilled. Management is excellent as they are always on deck to sort out issues.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good company with room of some improvement
RGN (Current Employee) –  Oxford / Aylesbury14 April 2019
Management supportive. Work always available
Not clear on hourly rate yet.Seem to be different,difficult to know how much one rearly is entitled to earn/ hour.
Pros
Available work
Cons
Travelling expensive. Postage charges .Suggesting online shift management.
As a part time worker they’re very flexible and understanding
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth9 April 2019
Great job if you’re looking for flexible times to work with a good amount of hours available if you request them.

I would recommend to join this company to others.
Pros
Flexible timetables
Cons
No training paid
Great job and lovely management
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire9 April 2019
It’s very easy for me to balance my work life and my social life, management is always there when you need thier support. I’ve met some lovely people while working here!
Pros
Good management, weekly pay, help with travel expenses
Cons
Lack of hours at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Plus. Our community is ready to answer.