Nurse Plus Management reviews

Relaxed and flexible
Support Worker/care worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester20 March 2019
Been with nurse plus over seven months, very relaxed and flexible system for a busy mum, I've treated the management with respect and they've always respected me as well.

Peace lmuwahen.
Good company to work for.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton branch19 March 2019
I joined nurse plus 2017 bolton branch....great training, flexible hours,brilliant management, nice working conditions and great pay scales, great opportunities for career progression....opportunity all around if you put in the hard work.
Pros
paid for your DBS after first 100 hours with them.
Cons
None I can think of really...
Flexible and great workplace
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton19 March 2019
I’ve been working for nurse plus since October and love it, it’s very flexible for me considering I’m a student nurse and accommodates to my needs whilst I’m on placement. The management offer different hours such as long and short days for whichever day you’re available. The team have been very welcoming and are always available to speak to if needed.
Pros
Good hours, supportive, flexible
Cons
Could be better pay
Fantastic support and branch managrment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire19 March 2019
I have worked for nurse plus as an RGN, their management and friendliness with others is first class. I get book in advance so I can balance my work life and private life. I couldn't ask for better management, training and development is always upto date.

I have no negative things to say about Hull branch of Nurse Plus
Pros
Advanced booking
Cons
Nil
Seen better organisation in a hay stack
HCA (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon12 March 2019
Started off OK. Training was only 2days and seemed rushed. There is no organisation at all. When offered shifts and I ask where is that the office staff/management have no clue. They just say " I don't know, we only allocate shifts" which I think is rubbish. If your going to offer shifts make sure you know the full information first. Been in places where Nurse plus had over booked, and this meant that even if home sent someone home as not required the home would still be charged. I thought this was outrageous.
I agreed to a weekend shift was told they would call back to confirm shift heard nothing at all. Lack of communication and attitude when challenge about things.

Only good thing is the rate of pay and the weekly pay. I would not recommend this company ever!!!
Pros
Weekly pay, most of the agency workers are really nice
Cons
Lack of communication, not enough hours, attitude
Bad company
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex7 March 2019
Horrible company to work four and that is a seame because the clients are lovely and some of the carers are very good but the office staff is the one that lets down the carers and the clients .Bad management
very productive and profitable workplace.
Health Care Assistant and Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hastings3 March 2019
I did not work for long for this company but so far I feel only positive emotions working with companies management and their service users. Every day doing my shifts I gain more experience.
Dissapointed
HCA (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire28 February 2019
You can get a lot of shifts in one week and the next week no jobs at all. No paid training... Bad pay, once I got paid £7,85ph on a night shift!! I have to travel far for shifts many times. If you’re sick, they still want you to work - which is unfair as we are all humans and we do get sick as everyone else. No organisation in terms of telling the homes what training you have or not (medication training not done). You may get sent to good homes with good staff, but you can get sent to horrible homes with bad staff. Due to lack of support and lack of good pay as promised when advertised, I have now left Nurse Plus.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Bad Management/lack of support
productive
Senior Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme21 January 2019
this was a lovely agency to work for but i just wanted to climb higher and move into management.
always plenty of work to be offered.
pays well.
management good and helpful and training very good.
Bad company
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex26 December 2018
Worst company to work for if ur poorly they cut ur hours if u prove they have messed up they cut ur hours they lie expect u to drop and run for them but when ur ill the say u have to work really really really bad management they hold grudges and have no people skills and no idea how to respect their carers all they r interested in is the money
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Long hours bad management
Disorganized time wasting company
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire17 December 2018
Worked for the Wakefield office and let's just say I definitely won't be returning or recommending nurse plus to anyone. There's no job stability and your only lucky to get 6-18 hours in a week and some weeks nothing at all. They say they dont have much work in but have to share it out evenly when other staff say they get 30-40 hours a week. They promise there is work then say they isn't but are constantly advertising for staff. They deduct from you if you don't get a break and take extra money off your wages for a scheme no one has signed or agreed to. Not very helpful when you ask or need anything and management think it's acceptable to speak to people like rubbish. If you explain your situation your met with sarcasm.
Pros
Cons
Unreliable, time wasters, no regular hours
Amazing
Recruitment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside9 November 2018
Each working day is different and keeps you busy, in a good way.

We work hard and have a good time doing it. Everyone is so close and we're supported by management every step of the way.

Every day is a school day and I'm always learning. I look forward to coming into work every day.
Excellent company
Head of Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside9 November 2018
Great company, outstanding candidate journey, comprehensive on boarding and strong focus on setting employees for success. Forward thinking and progressive CEO and board.
Pros
Company Culture
enjoyable
Health Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wakefield25 October 2018
working with nurse plus is an enjoyable job with can be very tough at times as we work with dementia patient. At work i learned how to deal with those who suffer from dementia. nurse plus management is extremely helpful and very supportive. the hardest part of the job is the long hours and the most enjoyable part is looking after and communicating with the elderly.
Great company to work for.
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside25 October 2018
Informative training, great management. A pleasure to work for. uniform provided. On call staff for any issues. great for references. As many hours as you are willing to work.
Pros
flexible hours
Very unprofessional company
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 September 2018
Worked for Nurse Plus in two parts of the country, both became huge disappointment. Was offered shifts only if no one else was ready to do them, double bookings, cancellations were frequent, struggled for 3 months to get 30 worked hours paid. Nicest places of work were given to friends and if they liked your face. They booked me at services but forgot to tell me, the service recorded me as unreliable and was not allowed to return. I had to report one staff for abusive behaviour, Nurse Plus organised a meeting but only supported their client and not me and I was advised never to work at that service! They dont seem to have a software to keep track of where staff is working and no online system to book shifts.
Companies complain all the time that if they ask for agency cover in the weekends, Nurse Plus only promise to find someone but make no effort, which was proved as I could have done a shift but Nurse Plus never contacted me, while the service was struggling. Thats because those on call in weekends, will not get more pay if they make an effort to call round, so its not done and services are being let down and agency staff not getting enough shifts. I left as I felt I am a useless piece on their chess board. Could be a good company but management is unable to handle it all.
As Nurse Plus already has a bad name, regular staff hardly welcomes their agency staff. Lot of Nurse Plus staff complains about the company which does not help either. Nurse Plus just does not have a good name out there. Find another agency if you want to work for one, and avoid this one.
Pros
Good weekend pay
Cons
Rude office staff/management, Unpaid training, Racist environment
Awful
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands7 September 2018
My experience is that management in the coventry office do nothing about issues that are reported. All staff are at risk when they work
at youell court a care home that is heavily staffed by nurse plus.
Staff have reported they are expected to use restraint in this home.
This home is a non-restraint home! Management turn a blind eye as they want the contract to supply care staff.
Care staff that are sent to this home are at risk.
Pros
Cons
No support
No shifts
Qualified nurse (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire29 August 2018
When I have joined I was promised a lot of work however It was not the case and the management did not answer to my emails apparently they are always busy. I felt ignored and disappointed, regretting wasting my time to join nurse plus.
Dissapointing
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex1 July 2018
A place I used to love working at I no longer felt happy there. Would not recommend the office. Staff team are lovely but management are not sufficient and have poor work ethics.
Pros
Lovely colleagues
Love working for Nurseplus
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon19 June 2018
It's a great job with plenty of shifts. I work in nurseries under the company, and there are always shifts available. My management team is outstanding. Always phoning to offer work, and they are so supportive when things go wrong.
You do have to drop off time sheets every weekend, and pick up when you run out, so can be time consuming travelling. You are expected to travel to various settings and you don't get paid travel cost.
This is a perfect job for someone who wants to work casually. For example, parents, university students.
Pros
Variaty of hours. Different locations. Good pay
Cons
Travelling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Plus. Our community is ready to answer.