Nurse Plus Employee Reviews

Couldn’t be happier with the job
Health Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hull Road20 March 2019
Brilliant company to work for, I have worked in this company for 3 months and it’s the happiest I have been in a job.
Well looked after, if any problem occurre they try to sort it strat away.
Very understandable with everything and very approachable.
Pros
Not pushy with covering shift, understandable, approachable when you need to talk to someone.
Cons
Excellent support provided from office staff - nothing is too much trouble.
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 March 2019
Comprehensive training programme, with the option to expand knowledge base through additional training courses. Consistently supported by Branch Manager and office support staff. Complete flexibility regarding working pattern. Holiday pay accrued with every shift worked. Weekly pay. Constantly recommending company as an excellent place to work.
Pros
Flexibility of working pattern, weekly pay
Cons
N/a
Highly Recommend
RGN (Current Employee) –  Hull20 March 2019
I work for Nurse plus in Hull as a Nurse, I pick up shifts around my permanent job as and when I can, I find the wage is good, the branch are organized and supportive and often email/call me with shifts to let me know what is available. Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Great relationship with clients
I've been with Nurseplus for 3 months or so now, they have been great, consistent work, you tell them what works for you they do what they can.
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Around Bridlington, Beverley, Driffield.20 March 2019
No grumbles from them if you can't do a shift, I've worked in some lovely places, varied client base, from young to elderly. All in a reasonable area.
Pros
Varied client base, reasonable range of work base
Cons
No milage payment😕 sorry! 💕
Flexible friendly staff
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester20 March 2019
Nurse plus is always flexible and a good company to work for. They always have shifts available, provide good training opportunities and support staff where possible.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Relaxed and flexible
Support Worker/care worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester20 March 2019
Been with nurse plus over seven months, very relaxed and flexible system for a busy mum, I've treated the management with respect and they've always respected me as well.

Peace lmuwahen.
Good company
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset20 March 2019
Good company, very flexible on shifts, do use the "desperate card" alot, (taking on too many contracts an not enough care staff to supply the work load) even phone on days where you've said not available because of appointments. Would help if more training was given, but office staff are lovely to talk to if you need any help.
Pros
Flexability of hours
Cons
Agency workers not respected in some homes
Flexible working and rewarding
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester19 March 2019
I've worked for nurse plus Bolton Branch now for a short while, the hours are good but not always guaranteed, you get to work in a variety of environments and every day is different, ive received extra training since joining and the support from the office staff has been outstanding, so if your looking for flexible work to work around your family life this job is very suitable.
Pros
Flexible working days
Cons
Not always guaranteed work
Great company to work for
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear19 March 2019
I have worked for Nurse Plus for about 8 months now and have thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. The office staff have always been super helpful and reliable in providing information and time sheets when asked. The homes I have been to have also been respectful and welcoming of me. Other benefits include the training being good, getting a free uniform, DBS being repaired after a certain amount of hours and being able to choose which days you are available to work. Staff are also always on time with sending payslips and payments every week. The only downside is that the shifts provided are, most of the time, last minute or the day before and can require you to travel to homes that are very long distances away. This means that it is not ideal for people who aren't always available last minute and who cannot drive. Shifts are usually always going to be long ones which can also be a negative to people who cannot do long days. Overall, they are a very good company and are great to work for if you are interested in care.
Pros
Good training, friendly, flexible for days, DBS repaid after hour limit hit
Cons
Long hours, late notice for shifts, homes can be large distances away
Great company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester19 March 2019
Worked here 6 month.great company, well organised, great staff.. great set up 👌 all about doing things the correct way, always to have a caring nature high standards and a absolute love and passion for care..
Simply the best
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire19 March 2019
These guys support you when going into a place where u have not worked before, they are busy so there is alot of shifts available, you send the availabilty and they work around you, most convenient when you are mummies. Love working with nurseplus.
Pros
Pay for milage
Cons
Any hours to suit you
Totally great office team and love my work
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire19 March 2019
Been with nurse plus for 8 months , best thing I ever did . Training is fun and free , office staff on hand if needed and love my work place . Love it
Pros
Get too meet a variety of people, Get to work in different establishments, choose which days you want too work, Time off if needed, Weekly pay and holiday pay when you need it .
Cons
Non
Good company to work for.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton branch19 March 2019
I joined nurse plus 2017 bolton branch....great training, flexible hours,brilliant management, nice working conditions and great pay scales, great opportunities for career progression....opportunity all around if you put in the hard work.
Pros
paid for your DBS after first 100 hours with them.
Cons
None I can think of really...
Easy going and flexible workplace.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire19 March 2019
I’ve only been with Nurse Plus a short time but in that short time it has become apparent that it’s a great place to work, there’s no pressure to do more than what you can offer and the office staff are very kind and understanding.
Pros
Entirely flexible.
Great Agency
RGN (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire19 March 2019
Im a registered Nurse for NP Hull- I pick up shifts around my perm job and I have no complaints at all, Some weeks I cant pick up shifts as I like to still have a social life but when I want shifts they are usually available and communication with the office is always good.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Sometimes hard to balance around perm job and still have social life
Good company
Ive been registered with Nurse plus in Hull about 7 months, recently work has been great with lots of new clients in Hull and consistent shifts that work around my studies. Previously some weeks have been slower and a lot of last minute calls for sickness but the girls in the office are good at letting me know so im not just sat wondering, even if no shifts for my days they stil call to update which I appreciate. Would recommend Nurse plus Hull to everyone!
Pros
Office Girls
Cons
Not always consistent
Great company
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester19 March 2019
I have been with nurse plus for only a short time but I have never had an issue. I mostly get all the shifts that I ask for. The training is great and they are very supportive in gaining more training. I'm currently doing my nvq level 2 in care and already been offered to do level 3 after completion. I love my job and I love travelling and getting to now lots of different people.
Pros
Great staff in the office, good listeners and always want to help you.
Cons
Shifts can be last minute, with the work load we have i believe our hourly rate should be more as we do work hard.
Very Lovely Company to work for.
Heath Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester19 March 2019
I have worked for Nurse Plus since August 2018, i always get my shifts in and some time extra shifts to. The staff in the office are always there to listen if you have any problems they try their best to resolve any issues i may have. I love working round my family life as i have 2 young kids so very easy to work round them. I have just done my medication training so now if needed on a shift i can give medication out and i have just been signed up for my Level 3 which i can not wait to complete. I love going to new work places and meeting the staff and residents.
Pros
Picking my own hours/days i can work, weekly pay
Flexible and great workplace
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton19 March 2019
I’ve been working for nurse plus since October and love it, it’s very flexible for me considering I’m a student nurse and accommodates to my needs whilst I’m on placement. The management offer different hours such as long and short days for whichever day you’re available. The team have been very welcoming and are always available to speak to if needed.
Pros
Good hours, supportive, flexible
Cons
Could be better pay
Fantastic support and branch managrment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire19 March 2019
I have worked for nurse plus as an RGN, their management and friendliness with others is first class. I get book in advance so I can balance my work life and private life. I couldn't ask for better management, training and development is always upto date.

I have no negative things to say about Hull branch of Nurse Plus
Pros
Advanced booking
Cons
Nil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Plus. Our community is ready to answer.