Nurse Plus Employee Reviews

Horrible
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire7 July 2018
Wish I could rate it -5. I went for my interview and they said I had the job. Gave me my pay form to fill in and done my dbs. Was on my way to my first training session when I got an email saying “I no longer meet the criteria for the job” I paid for my dbs but didn’t hear back about getting the refund.
Cons
Alright to top up full time work
Agency Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton1 July 2018
The pay and training is good but you rarely get any work, have to be constantly on call just to get anything because they give work out to anyone who will take it first.
Pros
pay and some training
Cons
less than 10 hours a week
Great Team to be part of
Homecare Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent22 June 2018
I have been working for Nurseplus for over 2 1/2 years now, following many years within an Adult Social Services Community Team.

I can honestly say that I love my job and the colleagues I have the pleasure to work with. Both office staff and workers definitely work as a TEAM and everyone is appreciated.
Pros
Happy and supportive Team
Cons
journey to work!
Management will try and overwork you
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings20 June 2018
For a 0 hours contract, the company will have you working 100 hour s a week if they could! Plus mileage allowance is not enough for the amount of traveling that's needed.
Pros
Good amount of work available
Cons
Pressured into working more, mileage allowance low
Love working for Nurseplus
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon19 June 2018
It's a great job with plenty of shifts. I work in nurseries under the company, and there are always shifts available. My management team is outstanding. Always phoning to offer work, and they are so supportive when things go wrong.
You do have to drop off time sheets every weekend, and pick up when you run out, so can be time consuming travelling. You are expected to travel to various settings and you don't get paid travel cost.
This is a perfect job for someone who wants to work casually. For example, parents, university students.
Pros
Variaty of hours. Different locations. Good pay
Cons
Travelling.
Great Bournemouth team
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset18 June 2018
I work weekends only. I have worked constantly since finishing my training. I have been offered some long term bookings, and other shifts at a few days notice. I enjoy the variety of the different shifts, and meeting new service users and staff, and regularly returning to some clients. The management team seem to be good at matching me to jobs that I enjoy, so I have never declined to accept a second booking with a client. The lack of a contract for a minimum number of hours was initially a concern, but so far I have been offered ample shifts. Training was in-house and very effective, with practical tasks and demos, and a trainer who made it interesting. A good company to work for.
Pros
Regular work, variety of service users, some long term bookings
Cons
Clients do occasionally cancel shifts, but management can usually offer alternative work
good place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Northampton24 May 2018
I met a lot of great people with this job, some weeks I got a lot of work in but others I hardly got any. They were not pushy with the hours you can't work really encouraged you to go to places.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
some weeks there wasn't a lot of work
Deceitful
Carer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne16 May 2018
Paid for drb check which was never reimbursed
Sent on 15 minute calls a long way apart and no paid mileage
Clients did not know what carer to expect.
Management appalling, if you could not do certain calls they would take away your other calls to punish you
Cancelled calls at last minute notice or not at all so you would arrive at clients house and find they were not there.
No support if clients were unwell and as a hca I was not sure what to do.
Terrible company to work for, no compassion for staff or clients
Pros
Cons
Dishonest
amazing staff
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth5 May 2018
they are great. they encourage people that genuinely express interest in working. staff want to know if employees are comfortable with work. i love working here
Restraint
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands29 April 2018
This company COVENTRY branch are aware that their employees are restraining an ederly resident. The employees complain about having to do this but the management do nothing about it. Because they want the contract at the nursing home where this is happening.
Cons
Not listening to concerns of staff
went for an interview and they said one thing and meant another
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, Hampshire13 April 2018
When I was interviewed they built my hopes up in getting a job but was let down!!! Never known a company like it,will not recommend them to family or friends! It's a shame if they had hired me I would of made an excellent HCA/SUPPORT WORKER
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad company
Very poorly managed
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead3 April 2018
Was impossible to get work out of this company due to poor management, when work was there it was actually good. They also made mistakes in my pay pretty much every pay day i worked there.
good firm to see what its like
Care Worker/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Horsham2 April 2018
i joined nurse plus from a different industry just to see what the sector was all about , i got around quite a bit , they found out where i liked working and soon started to send me of to those places quite often , i found them ok and no major issues with them.
Otima empresa para se trabalhar
Health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, United Kingdom1 April 2018
Valorizam os seus trabalhadores, assim como a formacao continua dos mesmos
Total rubbish i would give them no stars but had to put something in unfortunately
Never happens (Former Employee) –  Devon24 March 2018
Dont even bother with this company they never contact u,u chase them up and still never hear from them u pay out for dbs travelling out of pocket unprofessional disgraceful
Pros
Cons
Never contact u
Fun at times
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne17 February 2018
Did not work for long as struggled to get them to work around hours that i was available. We would either be given 12 hour shifts or nothing, was no balance in between, Which was a shame as when i was working i was able to learn and gain great skills enjoyed working at some of the places they sent me. Just ended up refusing to give me hours.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Do not work around you and your availability
Very Good
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kent15 February 2018
Very good company to work for, can be a challenging day at work but worth it, management are good, colleagues are generally nice to work with, hardest part can be the hours, most enjoyable is seeing the changes you made to peoples lives when there going through this difficult time
Flexible fits around my life
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester10 February 2018
Friendly office team, v. helpful most weeks get the shifts that I want to fit around my life/ child care. Varied work mainly nursing and care homes
Pros
Great team. Training and support
Cons
It's care work con's are the same everywhere - long hours is the norm
Just don’t do it
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby branch / working Burton Upon Trent area8 February 2018
Poor management and not professional everything is done by WhatsApp and you never know when your working the next week ! I work for the derby branch and last night (Wednesday) found out management had been sacked via WhatsApp and still no shifts released for the following week ! Still uncertain of about what’s happening luckily I’ve managed to get myself a stable job with another company with contracted hours which I start end of the month!

If you have a family to support it’s not the job for you trust me
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everything !!!
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire2 February 2018
Though I am new in this feild, it was nurseplus which gave me chance and everyday encouraging for new opportunities. Always available for their staff and always findout work according to workers convenience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Plus. Our community is ready to answer.