Nurse Plus Employee Reviews

Flexible hours
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire30 September 2018
Have good flexible hours but not always guaranteed work. They do suit the hours you have said to them when you do receive work. Had free training and uniform.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not always reliable.
Very unprofessional company
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 September 2018
Worked for Nurse Plus in two parts of the country, both became huge disappointment. Was offered shifts only if no one else was ready to do them, double bookings, cancellations were frequent, struggled for 3 months to get 30 worked hours paid. Nicest places of work were given to friends and if they liked your face. They booked me at services but forgot to tell me, the service recorded me as unreliable and was not allowed to return. I had to report one staff for abusive behaviour, Nurse Plus organised a meeting but only supported their client and not me and I was advised never to work at that service! They dont seem to have a software to keep track of where staff is working and no online system to book shifts.
Companies complain all the time that if they ask for agency cover in the weekends, Nurse Plus only promise to find someone but make no effort, which was proved as I could have done a shift but Nurse Plus never contacted me, while the service was struggling. Thats because those on call in weekends, will not get more pay if they make an effort to call round, so its not done and services are being let down and agency staff not getting enough shifts. I left as I felt I am a useless piece on their chess board. Could be a good company but management is unable to handle it all.
As Nurse Plus already has a bad name, regular staff hardly welcomes their agency staff. Lot of Nurse Plus staff complains about the company which does not help either. Nurse Plus just does not have a good name out there. Find another agency if you want to work for one, and avoid this one.
Pros
Good weekend pay
Cons
Rude office staff/management, Unpaid training, Racist environment
Awful
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands7 September 2018
My experience is that management in the coventry office do nothing about issues that are reported. All staff are at risk when they work
at youell court a care home that is heavily staffed by nurse plus.
Staff have reported they are expected to use restraint in this home.
This home is a non-restraint home! Management turn a blind eye as they want the contract to supply care staff.
Care staff that are sent to this home are at risk.
Pros
Cons
No support
No shifts
Qualified nurse (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire29 August 2018
When I have joined I was promised a lot of work however It was not the case and the management did not answer to my emails apparently they are always busy. I felt ignored and disappointed, regretting wasting my time to join nurse plus.
Carer
Carer Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent21 August 2018
Thank you to Nurse plus for giving me a chance to get back in to work. I am looking forward to starting at nurse plus Folkestone. Such an amazing team of people I have met so far.
Looking forward to earning and working again.
Pros
Back to work
HCA Job Folkestone
HCA (Current Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent19 August 2018
I recently had an interview for HCA in Folkstone branch and then did the paperwork and had my DBS done and attended the induction training - which was done over 3 days and was really great by far the best course i have ever done.

I did some shadowing and now I am working after many years of looking after my kids.

I really want to thank everyone for helping me back in to work and it has been geeat to join such a fab team :)
Pros
Flexible working hours - weekly pay
Cons
N/a
Amazing place to work
Filed care supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kent18 August 2018
Nurse plus really is an amazing place to work. I have been working for them now for a few years.
I work on the office side and work with nurses carers support workers.
Everyone is kind caring and pulls together as a team.
If your honest kind caring hard working and looking for rewarding work then join Nurse plus.
Pros
Great teams and great pay
Cons
For me there is none
Funplace
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire26 July 2018
Each day is different depending on the care home am sent to,to work.It can be Challenging and as well fun.
I learnt how to communicate more with my work team .
The most enjoying part is seeing the patient smiling back at you and saying thanks for helping us.
Pros
work when i can
Cons
Am sometimes sent out of Doncaster
Horrible
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire7 July 2018
Wish I could rate it -5. I went for my interview and they said I had the job. Gave me my pay form to fill in and done my dbs. Was on my way to my first training session when I got an email saying “I no longer meet the criteria for the job” I paid for my dbs but didn’t hear back about getting the refund.
lovely workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke3 July 2018
Very friendly administrative staff who allocate work placement. Communication channels always accessible and efficient. Really enjoyable work and the organization gives super annual training that is so valuable. I have nothing but praises for Nurseplus, we are valued as employees
Pros
free training, free uniform
Cons
Not always work available
Alright to top up full time work
Agency Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton1 July 2018
The pay and training is good but you rarely get any work, have to be constantly on call just to get anything because they give work out to anyone who will take it first.
Pros
pay and some training
Cons
less than 10 hours a week
Great Team to be part of
Homecare Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent22 June 2018
I have been working for Nurseplus for over 2 1/2 years now, following many years within an Adult Social Services Community Team.

I can honestly say that I love my job and the colleagues I have the pleasure to work with. Both office staff and workers definitely work as a TEAM and everyone is appreciated.
Pros
Happy and supportive Team
Cons
journey to work!
Management will try and overwork you
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings20 June 2018
For a 0 hours contract, the company will have you working 100 hour s a week if they could! Plus mileage allowance is not enough for the amount of traveling that's needed.
Pros
Good amount of work available
Cons
Pressured into working more, mileage allowance low
Love working for Nurseplus
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon19 June 2018
It's a great job with plenty of shifts. I work in nurseries under the company, and there are always shifts available. My management team is outstanding. Always phoning to offer work, and they are so supportive when things go wrong.
You do have to drop off time sheets every weekend, and pick up when you run out, so can be time consuming travelling. You are expected to travel to various settings and you don't get paid travel cost.
This is a perfect job for someone who wants to work casually. For example, parents, university students.
Pros
Variaty of hours. Different locations. Good pay
Cons
Travelling.
Great Bournemouth team
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset18 June 2018
I work weekends only. I have worked constantly since finishing my training. I have been offered some long term bookings, and other shifts at a few days notice. I enjoy the variety of the different shifts, and meeting new service users and staff, and regularly returning to some clients. The management team seem to be good at matching me to jobs that I enjoy, so I have never declined to accept a second booking with a client. The lack of a contract for a minimum number of hours was initially a concern, but so far I have been offered ample shifts. Training was in-house and very effective, with practical tasks and demos, and a trainer who made it interesting. A good company to work for.
Pros
Regular work, variety of service users, some long term bookings
Cons
Clients do occasionally cancel shifts, but management can usually offer alternative work
good place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Northampton24 May 2018
I met a lot of great people with this job, some weeks I got a lot of work in but others I hardly got any. They were not pushy with the hours you can't work really encouraged you to go to places.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
some weeks there wasn't a lot of work
Deceitful
Carer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne16 May 2018
Paid for drb check which was never reimbursed
Sent on 15 minute calls a long way apart and no paid mileage
Clients did not know what carer to expect.
Management appalling, if you could not do certain calls they would take away your other calls to punish you
Cancelled calls at last minute notice or not at all so you would arrive at clients house and find they were not there.
No support if clients were unwell and as a hca I was not sure what to do.
Terrible company to work for, no compassion for staff or clients
Pros
Cons
Dishonest
amazing staff
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth5 May 2018
they are great. they encourage people that genuinely express interest in working. staff want to know if employees are comfortable with work. i love working here
Restraint
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands29 April 2018
This company COVENTRY branch are aware that their employees are restraining an ederly resident. The employees complain about having to do this but the management do nothing about it. Because they want the contract at the nursing home where this is happening.
Cons
Not listening to concerns of staff
went for an interview and they said one thing and meant another
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, Hampshire13 April 2018
When I was interviewed they built my hopes up in getting a job but was let down!!! Never known a company like it,will not recommend them to family or friends! It's a shame if they had hired me I would of made an excellent HCA/SUPPORT WORKER
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Plus. Our community is ready to answer.