Nurse Plus Employee Reviews

went for an interview and they said one thing and meant another
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, Hampshire13 April 2018
When I was interviewed they built my hopes up in getting a job but was let down!!! Never known a company like it,will not recommend them to family or friends! It's a shame if they had hired me I would of made an excellent HCA/SUPPORT WORKER
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad company
Very poorly managed
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead3 April 2018
Was impossible to get work out of this company due to poor management, when work was there it was actually good. They also made mistakes in my pay pretty much every pay day i worked there.
Otima empresa para se trabalhar
Health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, United Kingdom1 April 2018
Valorizam os seus trabalhadores, assim como a formacao continua dos mesmos
Total rubbish i would give them no stars but had to put something in unfortunately
Never happens (Former Employee) –  Devon24 March 2018
Dont even bother with this company they never contact u,u chase them up and still never hear from them u pay out for dbs travelling out of pocket unprofessional disgraceful
Pros
Cons
Never contact u
Fun at times
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne17 February 2018
Did not work for long as struggled to get them to work around hours that i was available. We would either be given 12 hour shifts or nothing, was no balance in between, Which was a shame as when i was working i was able to learn and gain great skills enjoyed working at some of the places they sent me. Just ended up refusing to give me hours.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Do not work around you and your availability
Very Good
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kent15 February 2018
Very good company to work for, can be a challenging day at work but worth it, management are good, colleagues are generally nice to work with, hardest part can be the hours, most enjoyable is seeing the changes you made to peoples lives when there going through this difficult time
Flexible fits around my life
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester10 February 2018
Friendly office team, v. helpful most weeks get the shifts that I want to fit around my life/ child care. Varied work mainly nursing and care homes
Pros
Great team. Training and support
Cons
It's care work con's are the same everywhere - long hours is the norm
Just don’t do it
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby branch / working Burton Upon Trent area8 February 2018
Poor management and not professional everything is done by WhatsApp and you never know when your working the next week ! I work for the derby branch and last night (Wednesday) found out management had been sacked via WhatsApp and still no shifts released for the following week ! Still uncertain of about what’s happening luckily I’ve managed to get myself a stable job with another company with contracted hours which I start end of the month!

If you have a family to support it’s not the job for you trust me
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everything !!!
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire2 February 2018
Though I am new in this feild, it was nurseplus which gave me chance and everyday encouraging for new opportunities. Always available for their staff and always findout work according to workers convenience.
Very good company
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth22 January 2018
Since I am working with Nurse Plus I can say that I am very happy with the way they treat their employees , with dignity and respect in a very professional manner , work load very good , good co workers and line managers. Highly recommend
Soulless corporate company
Nil (Former Employee) –  Kent12 November 2017
Not paid for training, uniforms, travel time, team meetings, supervision or appraisals. Dbs is reimbursed after a period of time however you need to pay them first.

Very unsecure work for a care worker.

Working in the office is unsecure also, senior management team are unapproachable and mostly all related to one another so whistleblowing policy is not adhered to. Senior management are very reactive and unsupportive.
Definitely not a 9 - 5, on call 24/7 which is used for non emergency issues quite often and is poorly paid. Seen three members of office staff have mental breakdowns due to the stress and lack of support.

No career progression, office training or genuine staff engagement with this company.

Total lack of genuine care from head office for clients and staff, only focused on avoiding looking bad to CQC.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, lack of support from senior managers
Productive and fun workplace
Domiciliary Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ashford2 November 2017
Hard work and varied. Love to meet the patients to try to brighten their day. The management are very good. The pay is not the best but meeting new people each day is very good.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pleasant people to deal with
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne28 October 2017
Poor communication between them and workers at times.
Good training and excellent company if you want to get work experience as they work with a wide variety of clients so you get to see a range of clients
Pros
Friendly office staff
Cons
Poor communication
Great company to work for.
Domiciliary Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire6 September 2017
I have worked with Nurse Plus for 3 months now. I really enjoy my job, I am local to my house and have shifts every time I need them; fits in well with family life. The management are good and if you have issues they deal with them straight away, you can change availability with 2 weeks notice too which is helpful. Always have work available and you get paid weekly.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, local, good management team, support available, weekly pay
Cons
Pay for own DBS, pay for uniform, not paid for training
Not a good place to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire26 July 2017
At first they very enthusiastic about getting you on board and once you are on board they won't listen to any concerns that you may have. When you give them your availability for the following week you get decent shifts. But as soon as you say you're not available you are treated like dirt and not contacted for a while. You run round after them but you still don't get any shifts even though they say at the beginning that there are shifts coming in all the time.
Pros
decent shifts
Cons
no shifts when you tell them you are not available
Love working as an agency nurse- with its freedom to choose the hours you want
Registered Mental Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon18 July 2017
Great team, great manager , always available to to talk to . Great way to gain experience in different fields and to try something new.
I have found that I have learned so much about myself, as well as the clients. I would definitely do it all again!
Pros
Flexible working hoirs
Cons
Need a more permanent work pattern
Professional company to work for
Domiciliary Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire12 July 2017
I love my job working for Nurse Plus in Swindon. I have never worked for such a friendly and professional office team whom always go that extra mile for you. There is always a variety of work on offer however the office team appreciate that we have a life outside work as well and give us alternate weekends off
Pros
Great office team
Cons
None that i know of
Terrible
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire26 June 2017
Total lack of communication,office staff incapable of doing a good job, clients are mostly wonderful but are constantly messed around some not have their full support because lack of staff
Great benifits and good company
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire11 May 2017
The office is busy and has a great manager. Worked for them for a long time and enjoyed all the areas that I have worked in. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with targets and making sure that every employee had enough work. There is pressure but I think I work better under pressure so this was not a problem for me.
Friendly office staff and workers
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent3 May 2017
The pay is good, especially bank holidays and nights.I have enjoyed my time so far with nurse plus, they are a great company to work for. I enjoy my work with them.
Pros
Good pay rates
Cons
Not always enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Plus. Our community is ready to answer.