Nuffield Health Employee Reviews

Review
Purchasing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey16 July 2018
Very reactive role dealing with requisitions coming from corporate sites. I have learned the catalogue with the items we have on contract and my role is to do the ordering for our corporate sites and get them to comply with our catalogue. Limited progression in my role and also looking to work closer to home, ie Croydon area
Pros
Flexible working and working from home
Cons
The cost of travel to get to the office
Fun Work place, Challenging enviroment
Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh4 July 2018
The members are on the whole great and willing to have a bit of fun whilst working hard in classes.

I have learned a lot regarding class structure, different ways of working and club management but now need more.

Management has been ok but nothing to rave about when it comes to CPD courses and following through on promises.
Pros
Free gym Membership
Cons
Lack of support through CPD courses.
Horrendous !
Administration (Former Employee) –  Derby14 June 2018
Absolutely dreadful place to work !
I gave two years of my life to this company and have never been so miserable.....
The management team constantly bully staff members in every department within the company.
Big changes are needed !
9 July 2018

We're very displeased to hear you had this negative experience, this doesn't reflect the values and culture we strive to achieve. Please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com if you'd like to discuss this further.

brilliant first job as a newly qualified person
odp (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk2 June 2018
I love working where I am but I would like to broaden my work life experiences, its friendly and like another family. I feel I have grown into a very responsible practitioner with the help and support from my colleagues around me.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no paeds anymore
Not what I was expecting
NURSERY NURSE (Current Employee) –  Wandsworth26 May 2018
Benefits aren't even worth it, long hours of work, lots of unnecessary online training, members are not the greatest (as every other place) but I just have the hunch that the ones at Nuffield are just extra demanding
Pros
free gym membership
9 July 2018

We're disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We have a number of excellent benefits which can be found here; www.nuffieldhealth.com/mybenefits. Our Nursery Nurse staff also benefit from often being supported on site with clinical staff, having extra space with the studios, swimming lessons, nutritional advice on hand and are part of a large nationwide nursery team with excellent prospect for career development.
If you would like to discuss any of your feedback in more detail, please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Challneged organisation
Customer Team. (Current Employee) –  Epsom10 May 2018
Nuffield Health does not seem to know where it is heading as an organsiation. Programmes and projects appear and disappear at an alarming rate with little to non existant planning involved. The work life balance is awful. With a 24/7 email culture and high expectations from everyone regardless of circumstance. Management do not seem to know what they want out of the organisation. The alignment of private healthcare and charitable status is confused and different elements want a focus on different things with no cohesion. Which makes it confusing from an external perspective.
Pros
On site gym at head office
Cons
bad work/life balance. No real strategic direction
30 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're on an exciting journey as an organisation at the moment, although this has come with some changes, we have a multitude of exciting projects and plans underway. You can watch a video about our journey here; https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/about-us.
Work-life balance is something we've had recent very positive feedback on from our employees. In Epsom, we have a great flexible working culture which is supported by management.
If you have any feedback you'd like to discuss in more detail please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Excellent company to work for
Client Service Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 May 2018
Worked for Nuffield Health for nearly 7 years, have been supported and challenged in the work I've done. Would recommend Nuffield Health as a place of work.
30 May 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback, it's great to hear that your recent experience reflects our values and culture that we strive to achieve. If there is any specific feedback you'd like to pass on, we'd welcome you to get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

fun workplace
Wellbeing Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire22 April 2018
its a great company to work for if your doing well and hitting your targets however if your not then its not so great and your not treated well as all theyre looking to do is make money for themselfs
Avoid
Deputy General Manager (Current Employee) –  London16 April 2018
Nuffield will be a great company in 10 years time... they are a large business which is not set up like one. They lack process, guidance and the training is diabolical! Anything you want to put into place is done by you (which can be good as it allows you to shape your team how you want) but there is no structured plan or even any test or questions. This means you could leave someone in charge of the entire club, without the correct training. People are brought in to fill an immediate gap, rather than being taken through (in my opinion) a thorough induction process..... when you can finally get someone started, and their correct access to the things they need to do their job correctly..
Pros
free gym membership, experts on site, health care, pension
Cons
long hours, wok home life balance, poor organisation form senior level
1 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are on some really exciting journeys as a growing organisation, with this we are improving processes and systems to support. We have in place a great internal academy for training which supports all of our teams nationwide. It's disappointing to hear you didn't benefit from this, we'd be happy to hear more detailed feedback from you. If you'd like to share this, please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

No outsiders aloud at surbiton
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Surbiton, Greater London15 April 2018
During my time I was spoken to like an idiot and in a patronizing way never felt so worth less in my life. Managers are self-obsessed with sales, hitting unrealistic targets and the workers suffer, if you say something you are singled out and attacked like a pack of wolfs and you are and will be made out to be a liar at any costs.

Management bangs on about sales sales sales but yet the other departments are being neglected. They will put sales in front of everything else

The help you receive is laughable at best and if it doesn't suit them then it simply doesn't happen.

Don't be fooled into thinking you have opportunities to progress in the company, these are reserved for managers "friends" and some roles are filled with people who are clearly not suited for the role
More to the point departments is run by people who will try and put all their friends in posts rather than people who have the right skills so their is no progression if your not in the click.

They promised so much but only and always delivered disappointment.

Always being give more and more work but never receiving any help ( only get help if your one of the hand picked) Always under staffed, always expected to work to highest standards for practically nothing and never being acknowledge for the extra work you have done. (unless you are in the click)

Beware!!!! This place WILL make you sick if you work there, you will not receive any help I wish I have never worked there they will treat you like a commodity not a human being. Due to their lack of care for others I lost my job, career
  more... and respect for myself.  less
Pros
Free Membership but that is all you will get
Cons
Low pay and being treated like dirt
1 May 2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience in employment with us. This doesn't reflect our value and culture at all. Please do reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com if you have any further detailed feedback that you'd like to share.

A challenging place to work
Personal Trainer and class instructor (Former Employee) –  Moorgate Station3 April 2018
Nuffield bought the existing private gym that I worked in. I found them to be unstructured, lacking in business culture and employees were easily replaced.

Very simply they were only ever worried about numbers of members and money.
Pros
they spend money on the premises
Cons
badly structure, badly paid, lack of care for employees
5 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience as this definitely doesn't reflect our values and culture, unfortunately, with acquiring an existing site there is often a period of change. We have a solid career structure for Fitness employees which will be embedded, giving people support and plenty of opportunities for development.
If you'd like to discuss your feedback in more detail so that we can make any necessary improvements, please contact sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Poor
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey19 March 2018
I feel personally my time and nuffield was very positive, we got relocated to a new site which was 50 miles from the original, new business managers who did not care about supporting the staff transition, no consideration for the experience they were losing. Only temporary travel allowances were put in place and one these had ended it was impossible to try stay with the salary they provided. I had colluages whose notices weren’t even acknowledged by the business managers, nor were there efforts they put into the company. The management team had no experience in the job of the team they were managing so could my assist with standard day to day tasks. I felt this was very negative and the turn over in staff looks very very poor on the company as a whole.
Pros
Gym membership, progression was quick.
Cons
Staff aren’t looked after
21 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our new customer contact centre in Dorking has been opened just 9 miles away from our Support Centre in Epsom. You can read about the exciting opportunities this brings here; http://www.nuffieldhealthcareers.com/our-people/news/2018/02/nuffield-health-comes-to-dorking. We appreciate that changes do bring challenges and unfortunately the location may not have been able to suit all of our people.If you'd like to discuss any of your feedback in more detail then we'd be happy to hear from you, please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Terrible disorganised
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Frein Barnet11 March 2018
No thought about employee’s , no idea on health & safety for staff or clients
The things I saw were terrible
No health and safety protective clothing provided in over 8 weeks
No gloves on various occasions
No disenfectant for the sauna for over 3 weeks
The back door left open which I reported and nothing was done. I actually saw people just walk into the building without using reception
All I got was a constant see this person about it , it will be sorted next week
In the end I had to quit and was told to follow the procedure for resigning even though they followed no procedures
I had high hope and a plan when I started working for them
I’m a qualified level 3 personal trainer doing my exercise referrals
The plan was start as cleaner learn the working of the gym get to know the customers before moving up but my experience has left me disillusioned with Nuffield
I’ve had no reply to my concerns which were sent to the general manager , the cleaning manager and HR
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Terrible management, blasé attitude to complaint and requests
21 March 2018

Thank you for sharing this feedback, we'd value all types of feedback in order to make any necessary improvements. We'd like to ensure that your concerns have been received, please can you reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com who will follow this up with you.

Productive and fun workplace
Clean Team member (Current Employee) –  Taunton6 March 2018
I like my job very much. this job give me satisfaction because I have contact with members of staff. Other colleagues at work all the time help me at work if necessary.
21 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your pleasant feedback! Our clean teams get to benefit from working within a supportive team environment which we will continue to embed.

Change of mind
Clean team assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockly park27 February 2018
Terrible company manager make you overwork and pressure you and try too sack you for mistakes avoid at all costs second review as my mind has changed completely feel discrimination has took place and I am getting the company done for forced resignation and bullying from mangers departure general manager and operations manager
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Everything and everyone
5 March 2018

We can assure you that this isn't an approach that our managers should take, we have some key leadership values in our organisation which we embed regularly across our business. If you are not already in touch with our HR team please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com to discuss.

Good experience of where not to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire19 February 2018
I worked as a receptionist and bar staff for 1 year. The receptionists were over loaded regularly and not given support but were blamed for issues resulting from this. The bar/café was a total and utter embarrassment to the word hygienic. It was a shambles and many times I was told to stop producing food to a high quality as other team members couldn’t not be bothered to do the same. Management is rather corrupt (especially when a new duty manager starts dating the married general manager and suddenly starts training for a deputy general manger role). I would say that 40-60% of the people are lovely but the others make it a perfect example of what is wrong with modern companies. They are very likely to accept just about anyone to work for them as they are desperate. Pay rises were once a year by about 20/30p per hour. I could go on but the company on the lower levels is a shambles and works on a system of who you’re friends with. If you don’t know anyone who works there there is an 80% chance you won’t get progression. Also students that are doing anything from sixth form to unconventional training courses need not apply as they see the shifts are your number 1 priority and they take offence if you cannot do them as you are studying. Please bare in mind this is a summary from my experience of the company and other experiences may be different
Pros
I spent 5 minutes trying to think of one. Money I guess?
Cons
Read the review and you’ll see
6 March 2018

Thank you for sharing this feedback. If you're happy to discuss your feedback in more detail then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com so that we can escalate this to our HR team.

Good
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire18 February 2018
Good company to work for

Seem to go through a lot of change

Good structure to business

Look after their staff and have some good benefits like occupational health and hospital care
5 March 2018

It's great to hear your positive feedback, thank you for sharing this with us.

Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire11 February 2018
Have worked there many years just need to gain more experience ,good place to work great people, medical and gym as part of the package, will be no parking.
5 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, it's great to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us. Enjoy your new adventure, should you wish to rejoin us in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Excellent company
Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire8 February 2018
I have now worked for NH for over two years.NH have been by far the best company to work for in the fitness industry by far. The ne improvements and planning for 2018 onwards seem exciting and will lead to big things if exce it’s right without other the top saving and price cuts. Pay is low but it is in any fitness company. I do expect an higher pay for what I do Day to Day. I also travel between two sites and this is a long distance so Looking at travel expenses would of been nice gesture.
Pros
Health care scheme and staff benefits
Cons
Low pay
5 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's really positive to hear your thoughts on the changes as this can be a difficult time for some. We have a great journey and vision which you can learn more about here; https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/about-us.

Fun workplace
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Twickenham1 February 2018
Fun workplace with not a lot of set structure , low salaries, would recommend as a good place to gain sales experience. they have a good employee benefit system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuffield Health. Our community is ready to answer.