Nuffield Health

Nuffield Health Employee Reviews

United Kingdom307 reviews
hours long but good team
fitness management were great but gym managers were too much of dictators. hours long due to the nature of the industry. applied for fitness manager twice with no progression in four years. that is why I ultimately left
Shocking
Bullying never sorted. Staff who do no work are favoured and get away with bullying. Workers who work Hard get picked at everything whilst workers who have there own section leave dead bugs on the floor get credit for being so amazing at there jobs! Managers treat staff very poorly! And allow kitchen staff to treat there staff poorly and get away with it as they say! “They can’t do anything as it’s not apart of their company” only positive are the nurses on out patients and ward and secretary staff who appreciate what you do and say thank you to the right staff. They know who does and don’t do their jobs properly
fun and professional place to work
small centre, close work relationships, even with manager of site. work benefits included free membership at all sites and discount with partners in the city centre
Stressful
Awful management
Bullies

Turn you into a robot

Like prison

Would not recommend

Can only get promoted if you are related or friend

Conveyer belt

Need to have no personality
Was very well looked after and well supported within the company.The staff were very friendly and helping me get clients and doing there best to help me get started the right way.
Average office work
Sales exec, weak leadership and undefined career progression opportunities, glass ceiling. The training on offer is an internally administered workshop over 2 days, good but not nationally recognised. None offered outside of that.
Pros
Gym atmosphere and sociability
Cons
Weak progression opportunities
Working at Nuffield Health
Enjoyed my time at Nuffield Health, but with internal changes I had to leave, but I would of stayed with them until I retired if possible. I had a very good work life balance at times, but when required to put the extra hours it was expected not asked, but in the end some weeks were long and tough and other weeks were easy and stress free.
Great Place to Work
It’s hard work, however it is enjoyable. The great majority of the people that work there are so helpful and teamwork isn’t forced. Fantastic culture. Pay is low for the work you do. £5,000 less than I’m getting at a competitor in Prestatyn.
High standards are a must
The Nuffield have very high standards and expect the best from the employees .
The staff are always organising events and activities to keep staff interacting.

As with any health care organisation you can expect to work evenings and weekends but on a rotational basis.
Bad head trainer, stressful job
Nobody really value your efforts and after you quit don't wait for a good recommendation letter or smth else.
Nobody care about you as a person, only standarts and and work 'like there is no tomorrow'.

💯% I don't remommend you even try.
never again
i would never work for them an again there was only me there and tow men hand to keep an eye on them both will trying to clean at the same time it can not be dune the manager said she could do a better job then me l was only there for a mouth
Good company
Good company only problem is too many changes of managers. The changes in management was not great for the staff, because when the new managers start, they want to implement changes which can be frustrating.
Productive and collaborative
A fast paced environment. Very collaborative. Hardest part of the role is the lack of standardisation which causes problems with delivery. Workplace culture is good with work/life balance
Not a good place to work for
after bing with nuffield for a number of years as a cleaner it was not a good place to work for. i found that everyone i worked with was stabbing each other in the back and sertian managers had there favuriot workers that could do note wrong and could get away with any thing espacially the supervisor of cleaning that is related to another member of the the team. there was a few of the cleaners who stick together and follow each other around while others do the cleaning and they stand around on reception talking but if i did it i would get into trouble for it. i would not go back to work there.
Pros
Cons
Staff
Unprofessional
Staff and other employees very standoffish.Wages were never correct never got wages when I left were cutting everybodies hours down but they expected me to do the job of two people.
Lovely atmosphere
Really enjoyed working at the Bournemouth Nuffield. Lots of support from colleagues and management and everyone seems to work together smoothly as a team. I worked in admin/reception. The business office were and are amazing, as is Reception/ Front of House. If you get the chance to work in either of these departments.. you won’t regret it. All lovely people.
Horrible company
Pay is bad, they don't care about employees always watching the minutes your off the phones. The only good thing about working here was the view from the window
Productive, Enjoyable and Professional Workplace
I worked for both a corporate branch of Nuffield Health in Goldman Sachs and one in Baltimore Wharf before it became a consumer gym.
Working at Goldman Sachs was great, the pay was decent, the team was small and close knit and worked well together. There was opportunity to grow and learn as an individual starting out in her fitness career, however progression was limited as Personal Training was not part of the job description.

Working at Baltimore Wharf was stressful, there was little to no social life, management at the time was extremely questionable and the relationship between coworkers wasn't always positive.
Generally good place to work
Generally a good place to work, like everywhere you have your frustrations, but they spend time on courses and development of their team and have seen a lot of progression myself. However I have got to a point where I am struggling to progress further, as I am waiting for a position to become available.
Awful place to work
The job is very repetitive and very stressful. Management are awful and very unorganised, they don’t care about you because you’re just an employee and they are very rude too. They put me on too many shifts and argued when I said I couldn’t attend them due to my uni work. Very horrible people
Fast Paced & Collaborative
Though I have been made redundant in my current post, I would still return to Nuffield in the appropriate role. The business has strong values and behaviours and thrives on team development.