Nuffield Health Employee Reviews

Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire11 February 2018
Have worked there many years just need to gain more experience ,good place to work great people, medical and gym as part of the package, will be no parking.
Excellent company
Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire8 February 2018
I have now worked for NH for over two years.NH have been by far the best company to work for in the fitness industry by far. The ne improvements and planning for 2018 onwards seem exciting and will lead to big things if exce it’s right without other the top saving and price cuts. Pay is low but it is in any fitness company. I do expect an higher pay for what I do Day to Day. I also travel between two sites and this is a long distance so Looking at travel expenses would of been nice gesture.
Pros
Health care scheme and staff benefits
Cons
Low pay
Fun workplace
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Twickenham1 February 2018
Fun workplace with not a lot of set structure , low salaries, would recommend as a good place to gain sales experience. they have a good employee benefit system.
Busy and Unpredictable
FITNESS & WELLBEING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Moorgate Station21 January 2018
Great environment for a varied working day.

General admin task, team 121's, revenue management, coaching and mentoring.

Operational maintenance and management.
Pros
Good for Career development
31 January 2018

Thank you for your recent feedback, we value all types of feedback received and look to make improvements where possible. If you'd like to discuss any of your experience in more detail then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Nuffield Health
Building Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Wokingham14 January 2018
Working for Nuffield Health has been a changing cycle of events.
I have enjoyed working with them, however, unfortunately there is very little career advancements within NH.
8 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our Building Services team are a growing team with developing career opportunities. Currently, there is scope to develop into regional management roles which a number of team members have experienced. Hopefully we will have opportunities that you can return to in the future.
Please get in touch with us if you have any feedback you'd like to share in more detail via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

great workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex9 January 2018
Great place to work, everyone is extremely friendly. communication about hours is a bit off.
unsociable hours but good, fair pay with good benefits...
Pros
discounted gym membership, flexible hours
Cons
Unsociable hours
10 January 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback, it's great to hear that your recent experience reflects our values and culture that we strive to achieve. Due to the nature of our business, some roles do require unsociable hours, if there is any specific feedback you'd like to pass on around these hours, we'd welcome you to get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Growing, succesful business. amazing potential, going through some cultutral changes
National Fitness Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Head office Epsom3 January 2018
Nuffield Health is a rapidly growing business. It has huge potential in terms of its offering and the fact it can deliver end to end health and wellbeing
10 January 2018

Thank you for sharing this feedback, we're really excited about the growth of our organisation and they key offering we can provide to the nation. So it's great to hear our people enjoy being a part of this as they are key to help us reach our goals.

Good Vibes, Low Pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 January 2018
Really good environment to work in, however career progression is limited and pay isn't up to standards. There is forever constant pressure without any rewards.
Pros
Free GYM
Cons
No progression
10 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. With our in-house learning Academy and recruitment & talent teams we have a focus to further develop our internal talent and support individuals with their career aspirations. We really value any feedback so we can make any necessary improvements, if you'd like to share your experience with us in more detail please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Changing and going places
mamager (Former Employee) –  Epsom28 December 2017
Be part of the future. Transitioning company. Significant change and improved governance and processed. Challenging and rewarding. Need to be confident and influential.
Pros
Gym and free healthcare
Cons
Leadership
10 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate change can be uncomfortable for some individuals but we do see it as an exciting time for our future - so it's brilliant to see this recognised. For anyone looking to learn more about our exciting journey they can watch a video on our website here; https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/about-us.

Very fun environment friendly and professional
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Stockly park14 December 2017
Nuffield health is a great place too work worked for many companies and Nuffield health is definitely the best I need a job that I can have management who understands my disability and know that I do my very best each day and they are great and so are my team
Pros
Breaks:good pay plenty too do
8 January 2018

This is great to hear, thank you for sharing your feedback. We have really great clean teams that are at the heart of our Fitness & Wellbeing centres. It's also really positive to hear your feel fully supported with your disability, we will always take any measures that are possible to adapt to individuals needs.

Forward thinking company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon11 December 2017
Leading a team of Front of House Assistants and ensuring a pleasant and enjoyable experience for every member.
The role helped me develop the skills from my CIPD in Human Resources.
Management are supportive and helpful.
The hardest part of the role was after having to hold a HR meeting about conduct or behaviour with a team member and then work along side them on the front desk as a fellow member of the team but this became second nature as time went by.
The most enjoyable part of the role was helping the members and realising what a positive impact you could have on someone's day and also the admin part of my role, creating schedules for the team to work.
8 January 2018

Thank you for you for sharing your feedback, it's a great insight into your role and we're pleased to hear you have enjoyed your experience of employment with us.

Fun work place
Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  London1 December 2017
Place to be if you have a passion for Health and Fitness. However in regards to salary it can be tough at the very beginning depending on the site you are at but with perseverance you can do well with the company.
Pros
Great members and staffs
Cons
Can be tough at the start like any other job involving business development.
8 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences, it's great to hear that you enjoy our health and fitness culture. Our Personal Trainer salaries are competitive within the market and in addition we offer great benefits to support this. Wishing you all the best for your career with us.

Stressfull, not the place that you want to work at
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, UK21 November 2017
I've worked at Nuffield Health Hendon for about a year, as a Sales Executive, full time.

The working hours are alright, but that is probably the only good think about the company.

Nuffield is trying to save as much money as possible from their employees. I started in the company back in November 2016, the gym had a lifeguards, full time cleaners and they were paying me a fair comisson. To save money, they sacked the lifeguards, reduced the hours of the cleaners, so the gym, changing rooms, and the pool, were really not as luctiary, as the price of the membership that they charge.

They normaly set unrealistic targets for the Sales team, because the Nuffiled Health Hospitals are in debt and try to make profit from their gyms. They also reduced the comission structure that they were paying the Sales Executives, as I had to reach at least 90% of my target, otherwise they wouldn't pay comission.

The managers are changing every couple of months, and I haven't seen a manager to work there for more than 6 months, beacuse they are really underpaid as well.

Long story short, I wouldn't recommend to anyone to work at Nuffiled Health, because you are going to waste your time.
Cons
Really underpaid
30 November 2017

Firstly, thank you for sharing your feedback.
As a business, we often will make changes that will in-turn improve our customer and employee experiences. In particular, the lifeguards were reduced from this site due to lifeguards not being required in adult sessions – this enabled us to make some other great improvements to benefit the site and teams.
We value the opportunity to listen to feedback and make any necessary improvements, if you’d like to do discuss anything in more detail please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

fun place to work but No work/life balance
Administration Manager / Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 November 2017
Fast progression but not rewarded with salary,
Team make the place a nice place to work,
Expected to take work home with you and complete work at home,
Always learning new skills and there is support there,
Good staff benefits on portal,
Pros
Fun atmosphere... Friends at work
Cons
Low salary, long hours, only me that knew my role so no club support
29 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent employment with us, we're disappointed to hear this and would like to re-assure you that this doesn't reflect the values and culture that we strive to provide. We would like to discuss your feedback in more detail so that we can make necessary improvements, please can you reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com if you are happy to do so.

Great Family feeling
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Preston13 November 2017
A busy but fun environment to work in. The staff all become part of a family in which the members also become part of that family. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the crazy changes in pace.
22 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We often receive feedback on a family culture from our people, and it's especially great to hear this culture thrives in all areas of the business including gyms and hospitals.

Great industry to work in
Cash & Banking Manager (Current Employee) –  Epsom9 November 2017
Challenging but rewarding work, many benefits available. Good working environment with a true team spirit. Many opportunities for progression within the business.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
22 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback, its great to hear that our working culture in our Epsom Support Centre is reflected in your experience.

Fun work place
ODP (Current Employee) –  Essex8 November 2017
Very friendly people
Sometimes very long hours
Friendly management
A really don’t wNt to write too much in this box so I’m just using up the minim amount of text
Pros
Reduced food prices
29 November 2017

Thank you for your excellent feedback, it's great to hear. If there is any feedback you'd like to share in more detail please get in touch with us via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Just don't have a clue
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 November 2017
What can I say.? Minimum wage, maximum expectation, hiding under employment as an opportunity to prove yourself and you just end up being used. HODs have no clue how to make a decent rota that suits their staff and end up with unhappy team. Huge pressure on duty management who always end up with the brunt of the blame if something higher management didn't manage well goes wrong.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Bad staff morale
29 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience as it doesn't reflect the values and culture we strive to offer our people. Employee wellbeing is at the heart of what we do, so we will try and work shifts to suit individuals personal needs wherever possible. We are keen to discuss your feedback in more detail, if you are happy to then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com in our HR department.

Health Care Assistant Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme24 October 2017
I started at Nufiield Health as an Apprentice with a provider call Lifetime Training. I learnt a lot on this job and enjoyed every moment, I worked within the theatre department and met with a lot of important people and saw a series of different operation preformed on patients, ever day was different and I learnt something new everyday.
Pros
Lovely welcoming staff, different cases every day, good pay, good hours
Cons
no cons
25 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed your Apprenticeship with us as a HCA. We'll be offering more apprenticeships like this moving forward and would love to capture your experience in more detail. If you'd like to share this with us please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

it's a so so place west byfleet
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  West Byfleet, Surrey14 October 2017
Met some great people made some fantastic friends had a laugh and at times a positive atmosphere there however they only care about sales and nothing more.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Had to work around the acomadations and personal lives of managers
16 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It's lovely to hear there is a good friendly team culture in West Byfleet. We can ensure that we care about the health and wellbeing of our employees and are disappointed to hear you feel sales came ahead of this. If you're happy to discuss your feedback in more details so that any necessary improvements can be made then please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuffield Health. Our community is ready to answer.