NTT DATA UK

NTT DATA UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
The environment was friendly and buzzing, management were approachable and always on hand to advise and help.

Not always flexible with home working
A reasonable client base for a newcomer to the UK IT Services market.

Advancement, unfortunately, depends entirely on being 'in' with the current CEO and his surrounding clique.
Pros
Great office
Cons
No room for challenging leadership
The team of deskside engineers as well as onsite management and apps support made the job, their willingness to assist and advise was great along with some light hearted repartee kept the work environment light and pleasant.
I liked working with my client, BT. It was very productive to work with them and I got to meet various technical and business teams.
I faced numerous challenges but found support from my hierarchy and colleagues.
At NTT Data UK I worked in a shared office environment within a team, it is challenging work and you are constantly encouraged to push yourself as well as liasing with your colleagues. Working here comes with amazing benefits, good for people with families, as they have good pension and healthcare schemes, 28 days annual leave with the posibility to gain 5 extra. NTT Data UK has a good future ahead of it business wise, I recommend it highly.
Pros
Benefits, Breaks
Official response from NTT DATA UK
2 September 2019
Thanks for your review. We are going through an investment period at present and at times it can be extremely busy, this can give opportunity and frustration in equal measure. But it’s positive. Our culture is strong and we are building a great leadership team. The future, I agree, looks good!
Good focus on training and accreditation's. Some senior staff are too junior and lack experience. Some staff have been bullied. Need a larger focus on obtaining new business
Pros
Training
Cons
You need to be with the right team of people
I liked working there. Friendly people . Great work ethics. Compensation not so great. lot of opportunities to grow.

Employee friendly but like ay big firm has a lot of red tapes.
Fun and challenging, we have the freedom to progress but best if you are a self starter. Management are happy to allow staff to manage workload themselves but happy to step in if issues arise.
Though the work culture is average, the salary and the benifits are very low. Good to learn lot of things in short duration of time.
Pros
work
Cons
work life balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NTT DATA UK?
If you like a challenge and the opportunity to shine due to your hard work then NTT DATA is a great place to work. Growing and with great household name customers NTT DATA is taking on the traditional consultancies and providing a different environment to work in.

There are still growing pains and lack of formal structures, so it may not be for everyone but if you enjoy getting things done and the challenge of getting them done then this is the place for you.
Pros
Ability to further your career. Opportunity to get involved. Building a great company.
Cons
Lack of formal structures. Still slightly silo'd. Mngt. needs improving.
No career progression. can't plan anything in advance.

A typical day starts with running like a headless chicken

I learnt not to join a company which lacks work culture. There are multiple centres of influence and fiefdoms which doesn't help a structured individual.

Management seems to be a refuge for all ex CSC employees

Hardest part is to find out who's responsible for what.

Enjoyable part of the job is its location in the heart of the city

Constant M&A activity ruins a working culture.

CEO is only responsible for 2/3 of the company. He is trying but he doesn't seem to be getting far.

Personally he is a very likeable guy, but professionally he is heading for a failure.
Pros
Good location
Official response from NTT DATA UK
7 March 2019
Thanks for your review, this doesn't match with our company. In the UK we have never had a redundancy programme.

Our culture is very much one of giving everyone a chance to succeed. We don't have the up and out culture of the big 4.

Our new CEO is driving us forwards with purpose, direction and passion. It really is a good place to be.
Overall good company to grow professionally. Payscales below market rate.