NSL Ltd Employee Reviews

Not a good company to work for
Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Brixton Hill, Greater London10 July 2018
I worked in Brixton giving fines to people who dropped rubbish
Did it for a whole month and never got paid
Manager was and still is a A/hole
Put it this way if your a bully you’ll love this job but the way london is now is your life worth the little pay you get
Pros
Cons
Don’t have a life
Great place, Great People
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill14 June 2018
I loved my time at N S L, . This job too was very rewarding. My duties were to arrange patient transport for non urgent appointments. I spoke to lots of different people on a regular basis and I formed a relationship with most of them. I would arrange assessments to be carried out also prior to discharge from hospital. I made a lot of new friends there and I keep in touch with the guys from time to time. Again, I am very driven and I moved from N S L to where I am now as a Scheme Manager.
Awful,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 June 2018
very unpleasant place to work, people were punished and or fired when the cases were unworkable and people couldnt meet targets, no regard for the customers or complaints, many people charged in error, large amounts of money lost or unattributed.
Pros
Fun place to work and everyday is different
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Lewes, East Sussex14 May 2018
On a typical day at work I patrol an area of Lewes which would be delegated to each staff member during briefing every morning by a senior, they try and make it fair so that your not on the same beat twice close together, however at times this is not possible due to other C.E.O's on rest day, holiday or off sick.
On patrolling our beats we enforce the road traffic management act 2004 and issue parking fines were contraventions have been breached.
What I have learned doing this job is that not every day is the same and members of the public can be pretty hostile towards you.
the management are supportive of their staff and if a C.E.O has had a problem in a certain area they would not be put on that beat for awhile or at least until the C.E.O feels happy to go back to that area.
The hardest part of the job is to calm a situation down when the driver comes back to vehicle and I have just issued a penalty charge notice because everyone reacts differently and trying to judge what their reaction would be can be difficult. It can range from completely ignoring you, to swearing and shouting abuse at you from receiving a penalty charge notice and sometimes it could even be a parent who got held up because their children had been playing up and lost track of time and trying to calm them down can be difficult as they could be stressed out.
Going into work and seeing my colleagues can be quite enjoyable especially if its the one you get on with pretty well, but meeting new people can be enjoyable as well be it on street or a new member of staff.
Pros
Free uniform, double pay and day leiu on bank holidays, free hot or cold drinks and perkbox
Cons
can be stressfull, working in the rain.
Fun place to work with great people to work along side
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire2 May 2018
I enjoy this work, it is long hours and can get brain boring but it’s what you make of it.

You’re left alone which is great, the management are great and they know how to have a laugh which makes the day go quicker.

The people I work along side are good and fun people to work with

Money could be a lot better
Pros
Work on you’re on at you’re own pace
Cons
Money
don't apply for a job here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester29 April 2018
This is not the best company to work for, I would not recommend this company to anyone, they do not treat there staff fairly. Salary not good enough for job roles.
Terrible company to work for
Civil enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Lancashire17 April 2018
Worked for this company for a couple of years after they took over our contract. Worst company i have ever worked for. Workers ended up having to buy there own uniforms tried not giving the correct amount of holidays and constantly lying to the client to cover themselves up.

Do yourself a favour and dont go near this company.
Civil Enforcement Officer
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire25 March 2018
Dealing with people in often difficult or confrontational situations. Daily abuse can become very trying even if you realise that the abusers are targetting the uniform not the individual. Little effective support from management, rather a strict adherence to historical practices.
Pros
Free uniform - good quality
Cons
no support, daily mainly verbal abuse
Every day is different.
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Bury Lancashire9 March 2018
Very nice company to work for, work clothing provided for all weather, holidays are very flexible.team work is always at the forefront of NSL, pension scheme is a bonus and the wages are in line with national minimum wage.
Pros
Fresh air lots of walking, meeting people advising them.
Cons
Shift work includes weekend
tough job but can be rewarding too
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Bolton2 March 2018
to do this job you have to be ticked skinned, as the general consensus is your not liked, but look past that and job can be rewarding. you will walk or drive for miles so being fit is a must, your trained on the traffic management act and have to learn all the different parking contraventions. but you are also there to represent the local council and helping members of the public even if that means going above and beyond the call of duty, Which you will do.

hardest part of the job is the shift patterns you work 5 days out of 7 a week but that includes Saturdays, you get one weekend a month off but have to work 6 days the following week which takes its toll when your walking 10 miles a day. getting time off for holiday can be tough if others have time off there but not impossible. your shifts can be changed in order to cover sickness and absence. so you could end up doing 11/12 hour shifts
Pros
good teams to work with, lot of support.
Cons
the public, long hours, can be stressful at times
Good working with other workers mix culture
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire28 February 2018
Great times can be had if you make friends ok.plenty of good uniforms supplied excellent training .
Plenty of walking although cars are supplied if out of town duties are on your rota. normally plenty of overtime if required. Tea coffee provided and bottles of water
Rest rooms with tv fridges microwaves for your use
Pros
Free tea and coffee they wont send you out in unsafe conditions
Cons
Can be long hours and not nice in real bad weather
Staff treated as 2nd class citizens
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 February 2018
NSL don't tend to value their staff and the supervision/management I have experienced has been awful. Management should treat staff better and this is a reason why staff are de-motivated and leave the company after short periods. There isn't enough support from the support functions of the Company either and the rewards/recognition (if staff are lucky enough to receive it) are not the best. NSL needs to start engaging with staff more and the management at the very least, should acknowledge us. Say hello! We're human beings, helping the business, not robots! Also, treat us fairly and equally, help and support us when we need it and then NSL will realise that loyalty does exist.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Don't live up to their promises, don't treat staff very well, staff are overworked for not much pay
Management has no clue and you take on 1000 job roles not specific ones
Recovery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 February 2018
Shocking place management has no leadership skill at all absolutely disgusting how some of them are leaders and the job your applying for is your main role then you have to take on other roles not in your contract for the targets to be met, yes targets shocking
Pros
Cons
Everything avoid
Very good company and service
Marshal (traffic warden (Former Employee) –  City of Westminster, Greater London3 February 2018
Great traning provided. Nice salary and benifits and supervision within the company. A very nice work enviroment even under the weather contidion sometimes
Avoid like the plague
traffic attendant (Former Employee) –  ni1 February 2018
low morale,
bad wages,
constant abuse,
no backing from management,
constant lies from management,
bullied by management if you question them, even if they are wrong!
spot checks on staff!
any concerns you have are either swept under the carpet or you are shouted at by management!
no progression opportunities,
liked staff sent to spy on other colleagues,
staff constantly leaving and not being replaced!
life made hard if you stand up for yourself!
if you like being bullied, undermined, and humiliated then this is the job for you!
Pros
being paid on time, met some great people
Cons
awful wages, Poor management!!!!!!!
Dont do it
off street (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland29 January 2018
if you want to work for a company who pays buttons for the work they required done, a place were the worst people are promoted to higher jobs then this is the place for you
Pros
flexible working
Micro managed unfair treatment
Former Team manager (Former Employee) –  Dingwall, Highland26 January 2018
Managers not allowed to manage
Managers not allowed to make decisions
Managers not listened to by upper management
Managers not given enough support
Shocking senior managers bar 1
Managers are balled at for mistakes senior managers make even when been advised something won't work by team managers.
Too much pressure and work put onto various departments without correct staff levels.
Taking on more work than the site can handle stressing out staff
Pros
Working hours decent
Cons
Micro managed unfair pay unfair treatment
Better than I thought
Ambulance Driver/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent25 January 2018
This company took over our contract whilst recognising our terms and conditions. They dealt with things efficiently allowing the crews to get on with their day.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dingwall, Highland17 January 2018
Good training induction programme and ongoing career development training. Seen lots of promotions from within the centre.
Excellent work experience and good range of contracts and customers.
Good flexibility of shifts and work patterns.
Professional and friendly work atmosphere
Pros
Promotion opportun
productive
customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
Working within a team I cover different job role such as administrator and also calls dealing with customers, My main job role was to write professional letters on behalf of different clients such as Hammersmith & Fulham, Lewisham and Oldham council as a third party.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSL Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9