NSL Ltd Employee Reviews

Excellent
CEO (Former Employee) –  west Molesey10 November 2018
Very good manager and colleges.
Good communication with people
I had Learnt to culture and parking law for vehicles.
Hardest of work is long walking alone even under the raining and snowing.
The most of enjoyable parts of the job is when i had a communication with people.

Every morning and evening time had a meeting with supervisor and they had listen to CEO's opinion and suggestion and complaint.
And then they had been sorting out and feed back.
Do not go near company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland6 November 2018
I would advise anybody to avoid this company. If your a Roman Catholic expect management to try underhand tactics to make life awful for you. Nothing more than a sectarian organisation with the HR advisor who likes to think she is God but literally more brains in a false face. Unless your a loyalist and enjoy bullying people avoid at all costs.
Pros
The door out.
Cons
HR and senior management
Unrealistic and un-supportive.
SITE QUALITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 October 2018
NSL are a part of Marstons Holdings. There is no investment in people. Their committment is to grow the business at any cost, regardless of if there is a plan and strategy to do so. They are not committed to their staff, paying a low wage for complex workflow process handling,
Pros
Growing their business
Cons
Ignoring the needs of their staff.
Unsafe
Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands9 October 2018
Dont do this job if you value your life
The manager has no managerial experience is very sexist, and pressure put on officers daily.
Put in areas like alum rock, lozzells all high crime areas alone to clamp cars.when faced with being subject to a serious altercation which could turn nasty they dont help by calling back up or police. Target driven 100quid clamp is more important than saftey of staff. Shocking unprofessional manager lack of ethnic values.
Stay well clear of this place
And overtime pay is a struggle to get them to pay you.
Pros
Cons
Unsafe
good place to be
Operations Support Manager-Parking (OSM) (Current Employee) –  East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire21 September 2018
NSL is a good employer who promotes from within. The training available is fantastic and pushes you forwards.
It can be difficult as you can and do get abuse from the public this is supported with a help scheme (access to councillors).
Only do this job if desperate
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire17 September 2018
The only pro to this job was that the people I worked with were great, we were all in the same awful boat and so did what we could to enjoy it. Well all but one.

Other than that management were awful taking ages to fulfil uniform requests and holiday. Complaints were often swept under the rug and if you didn't hit your target. Yes, your PCN target,y ou would have the council and management on your back because you have to keep the council happy. No free parking, no perks, meant to get free lunch when there were no errors but we rarely did because it wasn't in the budget. No health and safety protection even if involved in a car accident. Everything was about numbers. Those who performed the best (got the most tickets a day) were given special treatment.

Even in my exit interview when I brought up issued, the OSM for East Herts just argued all my comments.

The public were generally ok, you would get the usual abuse but that's to be expected in this role. The role is just about getting the numbers so people would naturally hate you. I made it my goal to be as lenient as possible which meant that my performance was questioned once. But why would I go out of my way to annoy the public that mostly wouldn't purposely park in the wrong place. A lot of the time it was just a mistake because of a lack of information.

TL:DR

Not worth the money for the role unless you really need a job. Like last resort job.
Pros
Colleagues were nice
Cons
Everything else.
Lovely colleagues
Various advisor (Former Employee) –  oldham15 September 2018
Lovely place to work , the best colleagues , not much advancement despite applying and working very hard , it appears those who socialise outside of work move up the ladder, HR issues , payroll issues, data protection not adhered by few managers, who ought to know better otherwise it offered the best work home life balance . Depends on your priorities
Pros
Great colleagues great hot choc
Cons
Terrible mgt structure
NSL overveiw
Quality Officer (Current Employee) –  Dingwall28 August 2018
NSL is a brilliant place to work and alike other workplaces you get your downfalls, however, the hours are sociable as NSL is only open Monday- Saturday 08:00 - 20:00. They offer many promotion opportunities and NSL have also provided me the chance to complete SVQ's, such as business administration and business management, within work time which is good if you want to progress within this type of job and benefits you as you can learn and get paid.
Waist of life
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex16 August 2018
Management is beyond the joke. You would be bullied and blamed for everything. No place for any mistakes and even a chance to be sick as you'll be dragged for a disciplinary meeting even if your kids are sick. Business first, you would hear that all the time. They'll only leave alone if you bring them the tones of tickets ( until you're fit enough to do the job)
Abuse, spitting anf aggression from the members ofpublic and the driversn. They won't let you go home even if someone through a bucket of paint at you.
Avoid and don't even think about join this horrible place.
Pros
Paid on time, work mates
Cons
Management, long hours, low pay, health and safety risk
Company doesn't care one bit about its staff
Removal Driver (Former Employee) –  Leedds10 August 2018
See adverts for NSL all the time? Always say due to continued growth!! Liers they turn over staff like Kelloggs turn over corn flakes. Poor wages expected to put your life on the line taking dodgy peoples untaxed cars off the road. Theres a Lazy horrible woman (the man in charge just lets her do as she pleases probably scared of her) running most of the North Stuff who just fires people on a whim because She's under paid in experienced and just nasty. Manager at Leeds a real nice guy but just a puppet for the horrible woman and when she says jump he says how high. Poor wages never got the right equipment to do the job then its all your fault that you can't do it even though you don't have the equipment and if you do its probably broke.

Steer clear of yet another goverment funded job that should be in the public sector being done by someone in the private sector who are only interested in profit.
Pros
Cons
everything
nsl ltd
civil enforcement officer (Current Employee) –  Tansley, Derbyshire8 August 2018
not a bad company overall, but pay is to low for work that is required by yourselves. few good benefits. loved working in dales but transferred locally and hate it
Pros
uniform free
Cons
pay
Not a good company to work for
Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Brixton Hill, Greater London10 July 2018
I worked in Brixton giving fines to people who dropped rubbish
Did it for a whole month and never got paid
Manager was and still is a A/hole
Put it this way if your a bully you’ll love this job but the way london is now is your life worth the little pay you get
Pros
Cons
Don’t have a life
Not the job for me
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire25 June 2018
In my IT job i usually fix problems and make people happy, but in this job need to give problems, issue fines and face angry people.
Not the job i wish for too long time. But my English is improving quickly
Pros
Paid holidays, customers care
Cons
Low pay and no Sick days paid
Great place, Great People
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill14 June 2018
I loved my time at N S L, . This job too was very rewarding. My duties were to arrange patient transport for non urgent appointments. I spoke to lots of different people on a regular basis and I formed a relationship with most of them. I would arrange assessments to be carried out also prior to discharge from hospital. I made a lot of new friends there and I keep in touch with the guys from time to time. Again, I am very driven and I moved from N S L to where I am now as a Scheme Manager.
Awful,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 June 2018
very unpleasant place to work, people were punished and or fired when the cases were unworkable and people couldnt meet targets, no regard for the customers or complaints, many people charged in error, large amounts of money lost or unattributed.
Pros
Fun place to work and everyday is different
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Lewes, East Sussex14 May 2018
On a typical day at work I patrol an area of Lewes which would be delegated to each staff member during briefing every morning by a senior, they try and make it fair so that your not on the same beat twice close together, however at times this is not possible due to other C.E.O's on rest day, holiday or off sick.
On patrolling our beats we enforce the road traffic management act 2004 and issue parking fines were contraventions have been breached.
What I have learned doing this job is that not every day is the same and members of the public can be pretty hostile towards you.
the management are supportive of their staff and if a C.E.O has had a problem in a certain area they would not be put on that beat for awhile or at least until the C.E.O feels happy to go back to that area.
The hardest part of the job is to calm a situation down when the driver comes back to vehicle and I have just issued a penalty charge notice because everyone reacts differently and trying to judge what their reaction would be can be difficult. It can range from completely ignoring you, to swearing and shouting abuse at you from receiving a penalty charge notice and sometimes it could even be a parent who got held up because their children had been playing up and lost track of time and trying to calm them down can be difficult as they could be stressed out.
Going into work and seeing my colleagues can be quite enjoyable especially if its the one you get on with pretty well, but meeting new people can be enjoyable as well be it on street or a new member of staff.
Pros
Free uniform, double pay and day leiu on bank holidays, free hot or cold drinks and perkbox
Cons
can be stressfull, working in the rain.
Fun place to work with great people to work along side
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire2 May 2018
I enjoy this work, it is long hours and can get brain boring but it’s what you make of it.

You’re left alone which is great, the management are great and they know how to have a laugh which makes the day go quicker.

The people I work along side are good and fun people to work with

Money could be a lot better
Pros
Work on you’re on at you’re own pace
Cons
Money
don't apply for a job here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester29 April 2018
This is not the best company to work for, I would not recommend this company to anyone, they do not treat there staff fairly. Salary not good enough for job roles.
Terrible company to work for
Civil enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Lancashire17 April 2018
Worked for this company for a couple of years after they took over our contract. Worst company i have ever worked for. Workers ended up having to buy there own uniforms tried not giving the correct amount of holidays and constantly lying to the client to cover themselves up.

Do yourself a favour and dont go near this company.
Civil Enforcement Officer
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire25 March 2018
Dealing with people in often difficult or confrontational situations. Daily abuse can become very trying even if you realise that the abusers are targetting the uniform not the individual. Little effective support from management, rather a strict adherence to historical practices.
Pros
Free uniform - good quality
Cons
no support, daily mainly verbal abuse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSL Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9