NSL Ltd

NSL Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom264 reviews
Mismanagement
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and getting your basket in which you can find your equipment and beat you have to cover for the day. You then get out and cover your must visits then keep on patrolling until break time when you return to base for lunch and then go out again.
The job can be stressful at times but overall it is not that bad. What makes it stressful most of the times is management: there's barely any communication between management, supervisors and staff. Management can be very petty and childish, God forbid you suggest anything that could be done to make the place better and safer. I once asked why didn't we have body cameras and for about 2/3 weeks I've been given the worst beats and I would have lots of "requests" throughout the day just to make me walk from one side to the furthest one. They keep doing that until they find the next person to move on to.

Some people idle a lot and don't like to do much and that can bring the team morale down as sometimes you have to work as a team, depending on what shift you're doing.

I would say that the hardest part of the job is when you are expected to issue without any kind of support whatsoever in certain areas that are at very high risk for abuse and violence (Small Heath, Alum Rock, Sparkhill, Sparkbrook etc). It can also be tough when the weather is not the best (cold, rain).

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the fact that you get to walk a lot which I personally enjoy, especially on warm and sunny days. You also get to know the city very well as you'll eventually go everywhere. I
 - more...
Nice
All is good..Supportive and friendly management and colleagues .No pressure of job.Flexible accordingly the need of the colleague.
Recommend to work thére.
Poor staff treatment
They never treated staff like humans. Just client and profit oriented and didn't care about the staff. Most of their activities and actions were degrading. There was a culture of go and issue tickets regardless of how they are issued to keep the contract with the local authority especially WCC.
Great team
Most of the team are helpful, some of the management are helpful. Learn the law on issuing issuing a FPN to a vehicle in contravention. You can learn a lot here and try out different roles. Hardest part of the job is it can get confrontational. You are your on own with a radio. Overall I loved the job.
not good
this is not a very good company to work for the management are incompetent and haven't got a clue. there is no assistance from them at all, they are rubbish
Need to be calm
Welcome to the world of insults and abuse. That's just from the general public. The job is not to bad to do if you can put up with the daily abuse from the public. Plenty of fresh air and exercise.

As for the company in my opinion of having been in the trade for a long time. Employees are just part of the contract to be used up and cast aside when there done with you. Most of the low end jobs are from contracts from councils enforcing in the area. Problem with this is you get a new boss every time the contract is renewed and the lowest bidder wins. Rather than offer staff the chance to continue working for NSL you get TUPE to the new contract.

Like most companies you can get good managers and bad. Most have your back some just sweep problems under the table and ignore the problem. Probably the reason why the contracts seem to change hands a lot.

They don't pay overtime for overtime its at flat rate no matter how many hours you do. Typical contract gives you a day in lieu if you work on bank holiday and double time for that day. The holiday pay has a strange three month average system to work out your holiday pay.

Overall if you want to be ignored and left to do your own thing while being abused by the public this is a great job. But you need to stay calm.
Great place to work if you want to work
Supportive management team, helped with appointments and child care issues.

Long days but full time 45 hour contract with a good hourly rate.

Majority of management are internal promotions meaning great opportunities for development.

Supportive managers when code red issue with member of public.

Good equipment including Body cameras.
Great company to work for
After over 13 years was sad to leave NSL, but change of employment/area was the only reason for leaving.
Great management, and brilliant colleagues. 👍
Good company
At the start of the position it's a bit daunting but when you get used to dealing with people and being calm, friendly and approachable, the day gets easier. If you put in the hard work, you reap the benefits.
its not the job its the supervisor
i enjoyed the job itself but the supervisor thinks hes the best at everything and thinks if hes right hes right and if hes wrong hes right . he has had so many written complaint against him but nothing is done to him to sort this out , its just brushed under the carpet . he talks down to you and belittles you
Avoid at all costs
I started working for NSL last year. It was horrible. I was trained by a really nice guy which was great. The majority of people there had 4 weeks training, I was given a week. The work is repetitive and if you cannot work a case, you are penalised even though it’s impossible to resolve. There is no care for employees let alone customers. Had a family emergency and was questioned to such an extent while trying to support my family through trauma. The management is an absolute disgrace, no care for any employee or what’s going on within their life. There are favourites within the company and trust me you’ll know if you’re one or not. Quality is too tight and they know that nobody will be able to achieve their bonus. Just an all round horrible experience where the management are too far up and have no regard for employees. I didn’t even speak to a member of management for my first two months. Now I have left and they’re refusing to pay what they’ve owed. Don’t join this company, they will use you, pay you little, treat you badly and as I’ve seen from others will fire you when they are challenged.
Pros
Cons
Salary, Management, No consideration for outside life
Nsl services
Can be a very difficult place too work!
Management tend too be ok but some are a nightmare! They have there favourites like most companies and these people are the ones that tend too get the most overtime etc.
Destroys your lifestyle
If I could swear I would sum this company in one word. More in depth rubbish management, no diversity, no maturity, horrible lifestyle. No more can be aaid, if u wish to work here sell your soul.
secure place to work
A good secure company to work for, if your willing to put the work in you are respected as an employee, good management team, client manager and OSM easy to talk to if you have a problem and will help you to overcome these issues, they are fair and if you make a mistake tell them and they will support you, the OSM makes sure you are paid correctly and on time.
Pros
You are pushed to achieve your best.
Cons
Winter Weather
Racist environment management favouritize in certain type based on skin colour or ehnic background
Racist working in-house environment management favouritize in certain type based on skin colour or ehnic background the pay could be better the level of abuse u get both physically and mentally . Management not properly trained to manage no proper health and safety evaluation done to protect the employees
perfect platform
Good companies have leaders that are decisive when it comes to steering the organization's course. They know how to build strong relationships and provide open communication with their employees.
A means to an ends
Minimum wage, very stressful at times, can be too much for people who don’t have a thick skin. Can be incredibly slow and boring and at other times hectic and infuriating.
This job is good so trouble when you come to work on time and do what you told
I recommend this job to anyone who enjoy working you can do overtime be your own boss .all you have to do punctual at all time and be helpful.I enjoy working with NSL I was a very hard worker got trouble on the road sometime but deal with it in a charm way.Get help from the police and management with thing that I couldn't deal with.like if someone try to attack you the police help
The public are disgusting, prove me wrong.
Good bonds between colleagues because we are all in the same boat, we see the worst of modern day humanity and are treated awfully for things they are doing wrong, people need to take responsibility for their actions.
This socially acceptable ingrained hate crime abuse of people in our position needs to stop, if YOU are getting a PCN then it's YOU that YOU should be angry with not the CEO and if it is not YOUR vehicle then keep YOUR nose out and don't play the hero.
Pros
Lovely colleagues
Cons
Awful public
outdoor in all weathers
i enjoyed my time with NSL i gained many opportunities, that helped with my own development, you had different areas to patrol so there was some variety on a day to basis
Pros
summer working
Cons
winter working
Speechless
I believe from the bottom of my heart that NSL.LTD is the worst company in the multiverse! There are better companies than this joke called company and if you don’t belive me go and convince yourself!