NSL Ltd Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Civil enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Lancashire17 April 2018
Worked for this company for a couple of years after they took over our contract. Worst company i have ever worked for. Workers ended up having to buy there own uniforms tried not giving the correct amount of holidays and constantly lying to the client to cover themselves up.

Do yourself a favour and dont go near this company.
Every day is different.
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Bury Lancashire9 March 2018
Very nice company to work for, work clothing provided for all weather, holidays are very flexible.team work is always at the forefront of NSL, pension scheme is a bonus and the wages are in line with national minimum wage.
Pros
Fresh air lots of walking, meeting people advising them.
Cons
Shift work includes weekend
tough job but can be rewarding too
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Bolton2 March 2018
to do this job you have to be ticked skinned, as the general consensus is your not liked, but look past that and job can be rewarding. you will walk or drive for miles so being fit is a must, your trained on the traffic management act and have to learn all the different parking contraventions. but you are also there to represent the local council and helping members of the public even if that means going above and beyond the call of duty, Which you will do.

hardest part of the job is the shift patterns you work 5 days out of 7 a week but that includes Saturdays, you get one weekend a month off but have to work 6 days the following week which takes its toll when your walking 10 miles a day. getting time off for holiday can be tough if others have time off there but not impossible. your shifts can be changed in order to cover sickness and absence. so you could end up doing 11/12 hour shifts
Pros
good teams to work with, lot of support.
Cons
the public, long hours, can be stressful at times
Good working with other workers mix culture
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire28 February 2018
Great times can be had if you make friends ok.plenty of good uniforms supplied excellent training .
Plenty of walking although cars are supplied if out of town duties are on your rota. normally plenty of overtime if required. Tea coffee provided and bottles of water
Rest rooms with tv fridges microwaves for your use
Pros
Free tea and coffee they wont send you out in unsafe conditions
Cons
Can be long hours and not nice in real bad weather
Staff treated as 2nd class citizens
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 February 2018
NSL don't tend to value their staff and the supervision/management I have experienced has been awful. Management should treat staff better and this is a reason why staff are de-motivated and leave the company after short periods. There isn't enough support from the support functions of the Company either and the rewards/recognition (if staff are lucky enough to receive it) are not the best. NSL needs to start engaging with staff more and the management at the very least, should acknowledge us. Say hello! We're human beings, helping the business, not robots! Also, treat us fairly and equally, help and support us when we need it and then NSL will realise that loyalty does exist.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Don't live up to their promises, don't treat staff very well, staff are overworked for not much pay
Management has no clue and you take on 1000 job roles not specific ones
Recovery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 February 2018
Shocking place management has no leadership skill at all absolutely disgusting how some of them are leaders and the job your applying for is your main role then you have to take on other roles not in your contract for the targets to be met, yes targets shocking
Pros
Cons
Everything avoid
Very good company and service
Marshal (traffic warden (Former Employee) –  City of Westminster, Greater London3 February 2018
Great traning provided. Nice salary and benifits and supervision within the company. A very nice work enviroment even under the weather contidion sometimes
Avoid like the plague
traffic attendant (Former Employee) –  ni1 February 2018
low morale,
bad wages,
constant abuse,
no backing from management,
constant lies from management,
bullied by management if you question them, even if they are wrong!
spot checks on staff!
any concerns you have are either swept under the carpet or you are shouted at by management!
no progression opportunities,
liked staff sent to spy on other colleagues,
staff constantly leaving and not being replaced!
life made hard if you stand up for yourself!
if you like being bullied, undermined, and humiliated then this is the job for you!
Pros
being paid on time, met some great people
Cons
awful wages, Poor management!!!!!!!
Dont do it
off street (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland29 January 2018
if you want to work for a company who pays buttons for the work they required done, a place were the worst people are promoted to higher jobs then this is the place for you
Pros
flexible working
Micro managed unfair treatment
Former Team manager (Former Employee) –  Dingwall, Highland26 January 2018
Managers not allowed to manage
Managers not allowed to make decisions
Managers not listened to by upper management
Managers not given enough support
Shocking senior managers bar 1
Managers are balled at for mistakes senior managers make even when been advised something won't work by team managers.
Too much pressure and work put onto various departments without correct staff levels.
Taking on more work than the site can handle stressing out staff
Pros
Working hours decent
Cons
Micro managed unfair pay unfair treatment
Better than I thought
Ambulance Driver/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent25 January 2018
This company took over our contract whilst recognising our terms and conditions. They dealt with things efficiently allowing the crews to get on with their day.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dingwall, Highland17 January 2018
Good training induction programme and ongoing career development training. Seen lots of promotions from within the centre.
Excellent work experience and good range of contracts and customers.
Good flexibility of shifts and work patterns.
Professional and friendly work atmosphere
Pros
Promotion opportun
productive
customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
Working within a team I cover different job role such as administrator and also calls dealing with customers, My main job role was to write professional letters on behalf of different clients such as Hammersmith & Fulham, Lewisham and Oldham council as a third party.
Working for the Company would be a great job if the pay for the work you do.
Civil Enforcement,Cash Collection, Maintenance, (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset12 January 2018
I currently have 4 job roles and never been recognised for the pay I deserve I consistently work overtime and often not get paid for what I’m doing. They won’t change contracts after I changed my role 5 years ago. They can be a great company to work for if they listen and support you. I have always work hard and beyond my job role. I use my own tools but the do provide uniforms.
Pros
Getting paid on time
Cons
Long hours low pay rate
Wasted too many years..
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex30 December 2017
Worked for this company quite some time gaining experience but all was for nothing. Hours long. Company blames client, client blames company. Tried to get out of paying what's owed. Would never recommend anyone applying for this company unless your happy to be treated with a down trodden approach.
Pros
Lone working
Cons
Long hours, no communication, list goes on.
Awful place to work
Csa (Former Employee) –  Dingwall, Highland18 December 2017
The Dingwall site is an awful place to work the senior management are terrible and cliquey the line managers aren't much use either. There is very little support from management and even less recognition for a job well done.
They have awful and stupid opening hours and rubbish shift patterns also the pay isn't much and their union is outdated for what the company now does and there are no union reps to represent anyone in terms of disaplinarys or when negotiating a pay rise.
The jobs OK if you're desperate but that's about it.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish hours, awful management and pay
What kind of person can you be ?
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire4 December 2017
It's all true,
it's a job, and that's all
Any more than that, you become a soulless ticketing machine
In 5 years on the job, I learnt just how much abuse I could take on a daily basis
That's about it
I used my time there to pay my bills
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Everything else
belfast bikes - awful management
Bike engineer (Former Employee) –  Belfast bikes20 November 2017
having worked for nsl belfast bikes for quite a while I can honestly say it's not a nice environment to work in. management is among the worst I've ever witnessed in a business, they haven't got the materials required to run the business due to bad planning and there is a culture of backstabbing, finger pointing about all staff. employees get treated terribly with no man management skills being shown at all. shifts dangerous as only one man is on at a time even at night.... sums it up when the manager diddnt even have to decency to say goodbye on my very last day of employment.
Pros
free parking
Cons
bad management, poor pay, dangerous job
Good workplace
Client Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London13 November 2017
A great company to work for with a wide range of disciplines and experiences to be had, IIP Platinum company which shows a good deal of strength in people development
Pros
Family friendly
good staff
Notice Processing Officer (Former Employee) –  Coulsdon, Greater London13 November 2017
in the decade I worked at NSL the staff were good,howevevr some of the management choices were extremely questionable.
I did learn about the parking industry.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
no progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSL Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9