NRG Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
It was a great experience but not the right job for me because I enjoy staying busy and active and moving about staying on a chair calling customers all day isn’t for me
Pros
Learning with customer service
Cons
Need more of a reliable job
I have gained some valuable skills while doing temporary work for NRG which are transferrable.
I have enjoyed working both at Newcastle and Northumbria Universities and am now seeking further employment.
My experience was one of erratic management and the incapability of support and effective communication. The company lacked or were overwhelmed in the task of informing employees of changes to their job roles, for example, the applied role will be locally based with 3 months of training provided. The role was 6 months training and nation wide, the employer was also unsympathetic to employees home life balance., with unachievable expectations. unsympathetic to employees
the working pattern is 6 days on 2 off,you will start your 12hour day either at 6am 8am 10am or 6pm and this will change week to week, you will on busy days be expected eat your lunch between pick ups and be expected to work past your finish time without being asked. the management all seem very nice but be aware they don't give a dam you are just a bum on a seat. the hardest part of the job is when you realise that you have given up any life you thought you had and all for what works out to be £8.75 per hour as a 7.5 ton driver doing 12 hrs a day. the best part of the job is going home
NRG had a great training programme prior to commencing your role, this involved a residential sales course, ensuring every new starter had a similar skill set. The training was a world leader which broke down the sales process into four areas.
Pros
Reasonable benefits
Cons
not much support after training at the time
Absolute shambles of a company. Totally unsupportive. Agency work and doesn't give you any notice of no longer working for them. No help getting another job which I'm sure agencies are meant to do.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
great working for nrg
positive vibes and daily encouragement to help you reach goals.

great environment to work in

and great people who are always willing to help you if you are stuck
Sales over the phone is very hard where you have to have experience or strong communication skills to do it well. Management is relaxed with dress code so that people can wear whatever they want. I most enjoyed the location of this place as it is in the centre of Bournemouth.
NRG are a disgrace to the working people. They sign people up to work to get government money, put you to work for a week then lay you off. There whole behaviour is what gives honest agencies a bad name.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Uncertainty of work, rubbish working hours
was an ok job just the distance and ime was not right for me I had no driving licence or anything so had to rely on busses to get me to the place I needed to be on time
I have enjoyed working in the gym.
On a typical day i assist staff and client with their queries and needs. I also update files and documents and both in regards to the business and staff. I have learnt how to organised and manage people.
Pros
Meeting new poeple
Cons
No lunch, evening and weekend hours
Very clicky and unprofessional....stay well clear. They say one thing and do an other, they treat agency workers with contempt.
Pros
Cons
watch your back
Enjoyed working within this enviroment. It gave me an opportunity to learn new skills away from my retail skills. The job was good although at times there wasnt enough work for us all at times. It is good pay but hours are long and on feet all the time. The break time I thought aswell as alot of my colleagues wasnt long enough
Pros
good wage
Cons
I would deliver a working example to customers of the new copier I had installed.
I would need to route plan and map read to locate the delivery address all over the uk.
My day would start with receiving a scan gun with printer, I would be issued a certain order cue which I would have to enter into on the scan gun, once done the scan gun would give me a order which I would have to work from. The delivery order would be items that were stocked at the warehouse that customers had ordered online or by phone, I would have to pick these items from the warehouse place them in correct holding unit then I would place a label with information about the customers order on the holding unit and send it down to dispatch ready for going to the customer.
Pros
Leave site on lunch breaks
Cons
No smoking on site
Left me free to pursue other things during the day
Good staff and boss
Pros
Good rate of pay
Cons
Early starts
A typical day is the same as any other day cleaning public areas and toilets also hovering, mopping, buffing and scrubbing floors. T he only thing i have learner is how to use the buffers and scrubbers.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
loved working here very good work place in a busy kitchen along with great team.management was great help you out when needed the hardest part job was making sure food went out quick as you can not waiting around soon food was done order were sent straight out.
I enjoyed working for them as i got expirence. but also had a good working enviroument. also the pay was good.