Novus Care Limited

Novus Care Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews
The company really supports people to gain more skills and coach you through the levels within the company, they take their time to support carers, senior carer and office staff to further their career within care. The directors and ops team are very supportive. I loved my time with Novus care and only moved on to gain more experience within the care sector. I would highly recommend working with Novus care
Pros
Supportive senior management team. And good career prospects
Cons
Can be stressful at time. But supportive senior management helps.
This company is awful. No work breaks, when you complain about this they say driving is a break. Hilarious. No support from managers and office staff are basically stuck up their own backside. Pay is ridiculous, how do they expect you to live on so little?... if you're sick they HOUND you to do your shifts.
Pros
Cons
everything
They really struggle to make place better after all office stuff changed. When count gaps between calls £ received per hour is less then minimum wage.
Pros
Cons
Wage
I was offered the job.
You don’t get paid for training.

Training was rushed.

I was sent out shadowing before they received my references and due to problems receiving references they took job offer away.

Do didn’t take me on so they didn’t have to pay me for shadowing or fuel
Pros
Nice carers
Cons
Don’t pay travel so your earning less than the minimum wage which is illegal
Started out ok for the first week or so, then, boom!! Getting you to do extra work when you were told in your interview that you didn’t have to. Manager, foul mouthed and talking about staff. Deputy manager, loud and rushing all tge time not knowing what to do first. Care co-ordinator stressed with the staff Rotas, putting jobs into people without telling the carers. Staff complaining that their Rotas keep on changing due to staff holidays and staff sickness. Ridiculous hours, not long enough breaks. Overworked carers.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job and the company
Novus care are a well led company. Not only do they think of their service users they also think about their staff. The staff are hard working and work together as a team and this is recognised by all management and directors
Pros
Good rates of pay
I only started a few months ago but feel like I’ve been here for a long time as the staff make you feel welcome and also will help with anything you need to know . The girls in the office are really approachable . The training I was given before going out working on my own was outstanding . All service users that I have seen are very happy and comfortable with the staff at Novus care . I love working at this company .
I have only been with Novus care for 3 weeks, I took on my role during the world crisis that we are having at the moment. It is a very busy time, but I do feel that I have the support needed to learn and succeed in my role as care coordinator.
I am so far happy with the role and will like to continue and be here to see and help the branch grow and expand.
I have never enjoyed a job so much. Not only are the clients lovely but so is everyone who works for the company. Managers, supervisors and Seniors are all absolutely amazing and everyone looks out for each other. the care provided is incredible, i have learnt so much and made so many new friends. i would define my recommend this company to anyone!
Novus care Wickford is a very good company to work for. Management are friendly and overall I find the job very rewarding. The Wickford office is new and they are growing the area. Saying that it is growing steadily.
Training is miles away and useless. Office staff are rude and incompetent, slating carers and even clients off to each other. Don’t get paid for training or shadowing, which I did for 2 weeks while I waited for my dbs and they didn’t tell me. When it came my car broke down so I had to get it fixed and couldn’t work in community for a week, they told people I knew that I had been fired and didn’t tell me until I rang tham to ask and they said it was true and I should’ve been told through a passing message.
Absolutely vile company
Novus care Wickford has a friendly office team who give lots of support and care. The carer team supports each other wether your experienced or not. We welcome every one. It’s a hard working role but so rewarding. I would recommend novus care for a job or if your looking for care for a venerable person. Professional and caring.
I really enjoyed working for the Canvey office. Management is supportive and have an open door policy. There is a good team culture and high work ethic expectation.
The company is great in terms of training and support. However, you only get paid for the hours that you are actually in a service users house. They don't pay you for time driving inbetween visits nor any gaps between visits. So in order to get paid for say 5 hours a day you'll need to be in uniform & technically "at work" for around 10 hours. They do pay 30p per mile but not to/from the first/last visit. You only get around 15 mins to drive between visits so often with traffic or when a visit has over run you're either late to the next person or it eats into your 'gap' which is supposed to be a break but by the time you've taken into account driving to/from the next person, the traffic, any time over-run etc it doesn't leave much of a gap. The 30p a mile is more generous than some other companies but in reality you're blatting around doing lots of small journeys in your car so it doesn't really cover fuel as well as wear n tear etc. In training they tell you that you'll always be given info before you visit a new service user but this isn't true, sometimes you arrive to find some document sheets missing. Head office has recently moved from Woking to Godalming & they expect you to go there regularly to pick up stuff, which if you don't live locally, this can be a 45 min journey that you don't get paid for. The office staff seem unorganised and unfriendly. I've heard at least one of them make snide remarks about a Carer who had texted them for help. They also say in the interview that they can guarantee a certain number of hours but in reality it is a zero hours contract and - more...
Pros
Service users & other carers are lovely, comprehensive training
Cons
Only paid for actual visits & not time driving between or gaps, Management seem disorganised & unhelpful, Not guaranteed hours & not quite as 'flexible' as they claim
I have worked for Novus Care Cranleigh for 2.5 years. Its a friendly highly supported company who care for their clients and staff equally. There is the opportunity to gain experience and to be promoted within the company.
There is no line of communication you a working with carers of minimal training and no previous experience rotas are hectic overall a bad working environment
A really friendly company to work for. Team spirit is paramount. The job itself is rewarding and all care workers are trained.All the Novus offices es are encouraging and helpful. Novus care has a very CAN DO attitude, the staff work very hard and go above and beyond for the service users, they are all very dedicated.
Novus Care is a good company with many branches.

I find it easy to talk to management about any queries or problems that I may face.

I have worked with Service Users who think Novus Care are very good, and their staff are always friendly and polite and seem to be willing to go the extra mile if needed.

We have very good carers that are willing to step up if needed.
Pros
Friendly and helpful
Novus Care are a well managed company with a great support line.
We have regular mandatory training.

Opportunities to higher education. I.E NVQ qualifications.

Customers are friendly and approachable aswell as staff.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
unsociable hours
I am a longstanding member of staff and have enjoyed working my way up through the ranks, I have learnt many things on my journey throughout gaining my achievements. I enjoy seeing all our service users and providing them with the best possible care we can give ensuring they are happy, seeing the smile on their faces knowing we are at times the only people they see. This is a real credit and love my working days.
The management team are very supportive and always have an open door policy, Novus Care feels like home.

Team working is essential and Novus Care do just this.
Pros
Rewarding Job
Cons
Unsociable hours
I am the Care Manager for our Woking office. I have worked for the company since March and have felt very supported by senior management. We have great staff who provide care and support for our service users to a high standard. I feel very proud to be a part of Novus Care, it's a great company to work for.
Pros
Professional, friendly and supportive
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novus Care Limited. Our community is ready to answer.