Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews
Was great working on agency but then got messed around with higher Management. The ward manager could not do enough to try and help you in anyway she could. The staff are friendly and supportive when b needed assistance.
Pros
Work Iife
Cons
Don't finish contacts out
My experience has been as contractor but I loved my colleagues and my TL/Managerial team they were really understanding and helpful.
A lot of cooperation and team working.
Worked at rampton hospital as a nursing assistant, you go into this environment and expect dark days but not from the staff who are supposed to support you, it is extremely clique and if you don’t fit into a group you are made to feel ostracised and left out, staff who have worked there years making new staff feel incompetent at there job without offering any support, just mocking them at what what they do. Staffing levels major issue as your expected to do everything you would do on full staff numbers. Amazing experience but there is ALOT that needs changing.
DO NOT WORK HERE. Dangerously understaffed. Managers that only care about themselves and their promotions. The pay is horrendous for what you have to deal with on a daily basis. Do not apply for a job here!!!!
unprofessional management and unfriendly staff. Very Routine day to day. Not enough work variety for myself. Lack support from management and very little team motivation. Very high staff turnover. This is only on the department I work in. I can't talk for the rest.
Working here is making me ill . I started off really wanting to a great job and was very motivated . Constant changes in management ( of which there are at least 4 layers compared to 2 layers of clinical staff!) and cost cutting and not being allowed to attend any external training means I feel deskilled, bullied and under constant scrutiny. After every visit I am asked how many children I have discharged , interrstingltnevee have I been asked how’s many children I have helpesnor for rheniutcimes of my interventions. Very poor work life balance as I’m cinstabrly working unpaid at home and over my agreed working hours. Salary if poor in relation to national average and there is very limited scope for any career progression as only those that ‘suck up’ to management ever stand a chance at ‘interviews with most jobs already having been allocated to internal candidates hat the management like. Anyone I know who has challenged the managers or raised concerns around patient care has been bullied out of the job as a result there are lots of passive therapists in the department and so innovation doesn’t happen as no one wants to speak up . If I had known this when I got the job I would never. Have taken it. Please don’t work here
great place to work, lovely staff and environment, caters for all cultures and religions and backgrounds, very tolerant and kind staff. The work was heavy at time however all worth the care!
Lots of nice staff and patients, ideal workplace to challenge yourself and develop your professional career. Provides great level of challenge and autonomy.
I have worked for many NHS trusts, and they are all truly awful places to work. The management are incompetent and the goodwill which runs the institution has all run dry.
Far too many managers. Staff get suspended regularly whilst I under investigation because of lies told by patients. Don’t care about staff safety at all and this shows through dangerously low numbers of staffing.
No comradery, staff will crawl over broken glass to stab you in the back to try and make themselves look good. All in all a trrrible place to work (Rampton) with even worse managers.
Pros
Good amount of time off
Cons
Very long hours 07:30-21:30 (could do three in a row)
Seems a good company to work for due to it being NHS! Lots of training available, however staff who organise training are not always organised themselves.
My experience from my managers was absolutely appalling, I was bullied, intimidated and had no support from management at all.
30+ years ago I absolutely loved working at Rampton it was like a family unit, everyone worked hard and it was a pleasure to go to work, everyone supported everyone, but my latter few years have left me exhausted just trying to keep my job, hence I needed PRIVATE councelling.. There are far too many managers, trying to manage managers.. There is no wonder our fabulous NHS is in such a bad way now.. I WAS very proud to work for the NHS, but my latter years I was embarrassed NHS money is wasted on useless self obsessed management spending their yearly allowance on un-needed rubbish, I have never seen so much money wasted at Rampton when the real NHS (Gerneral Hospitals etc..) is in such a bad way.
Pros
I WAS very lucky to have worked with a few genuine hard working colleauges
Cons
Far too many mangers, staff no with no life skills, staff with no experience of working in such a sensitve environment, a very sad place now, we were emplyed to take care of patients and give them a meaningful experience, now it's just bums on seats. We WERE employed to take care of patients, not to take care of mangement.
Awful place to work.. could not recommend to anyone. Under previous PCT we did innovative work and felt valued, since Notts healthcare took over that changed. Children became numbers and staff were no longer able to feel proud of what they did.. just became a numbers game of seeing and discharging as many children as possible.

Forced out of my job by management when I spoke up about patient care concerns as were several other experienced staff. Only way to get career advancement is to become a ‘yes’person. Patients treated as numbers/ contacts with staff being rewarded for discharging vulnerable patients.

Do not accommodate disabled staff.

Management lack communication skills and have no management or people skills. Constantly told not working hard enough and managers make it clear you are replaceable and opinions are discouraged.

No external training allowed so hard to maintain cpd/ skill set and terms and conditions being reduced all the time. Poor communication between corporate and frontline staff ... basically need to put up and shut up in order not to be singled out.

Constantly told not working hard enough despite working , unpaid, most evenings to get work admin done. Difficult to maintain work life balance due to unrealistic expectations and stress of being in such a bullying and unpleasant working environment.

Massive amounts of money wasted on management consultants whilst pay is poor and constant restructuring and downgrading of salary scales means less job security . No interest in staff wellbeing despite being a mental heath trust.
 - more...
Pros
Pension scheme
Cons
Bullying, poor work life balance, lack of career progression, no patient care
Worked for the trust since 2010, in one of their psychiatric units. Ward based staff are great, great team, hard working and very good. Ward management are brilliant, very supportive and helpful, encouraging. Higher management though, service managers, matrons, directors etc - that's a different story. All they do is lie, tell you what you want to hear and do nothing about it. Staffing is dangerously low, and that no exaggeration - people get hurt regularly. Bed management teams send patients onto wards that shouldn't be there, all to get them off their books - no thought to the staff that actually have to care for these people. Which ultimately ends in staff getting injured, which makes the staffing even worse.
I used to love my job, enjoyed it so much. But now I can't wait to move on, completely out of the NHS. And I'm not the only one, the NHS are haemorrhaging experience high quality staff. This is because they're sick of being lied to by higher management that do not care about what's happening on the wards, all they care about is their budget and keeping the directors happy. As well as the slap in the face of a "pay rise" we had. Basically made your years of service worthless, as everyone was made up to the same point on the band, regardless of if they were new or 20+ years in. Shocking and unfair.

Safety is a massive issue here, with the way things are going someone is going to get seriously hurt or worse, and all due to penny pinching. And they wonder why staff morale is low.

They've made me hate what I do, and that's the worst part.
Pros
Team mates, ward management.
Cons
Higher management, staff safety, pay, conditions of work.
Overall the company was very welcoming and helped me to understand the role of the job. It was a very fun and relaxed environment however i felt that despite this it was a very focused office.
Pay rise up the band every year if meeting targets.

Hgh pressured environment more job respecially added to staff not enough staff.

Prison is chaotic and can be dangerous.

Dispense medications
Pros
Flexible working supervision
Cons
More pressure and job rolea added to staff
Keep your head down and challenge nothing. I joined in 2013 and was once an amazing place to work with great people and plenty of roles to explore, unfortunately recently this has declined.
working at Nottinghamshire healthcare trust you really do feel like you’re a part of something making a difference. There is an emphasis on job satisfaction and ensuring you feel valued in the work you do.
The Trust has a favorable work environment with staff welfare at heart. There is a good teamwork all directed to achieve the Trust’s vision. Every day is a learning process which makes life easy. There is a friendly culture and professional work environment which makes the job enjoyable. One of the things is celebrating people's birthdays where as a team group up and give presents as well as sing a birthday song.
There were always shifts available when required and the flexibility was enjoyable and useful as i was a student nurse at this time. For the most part i received a warm welcome on the wards.
I loved my job and worked with some fantastic & professional colleagues away from Corporate. Recent organisational change only worked well for senior management in corporate, stay away from that area. There is a big bullying culture which is long standing and gets swiped under the carpet & covered up & only the staff members to be protected and moved up are the ones guilty of bullying and if you stand up to it or speak out, they'll get you out one way or another.....stay clear of corporate services! The only reason for the 2 stars is due to the good people who work there.
Pros
Excellent, hard working staff in Directorates
Cons
Bullying culture. Victims persecuted.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8