Nottinghamshire County Council Employee Reviews

Technically avery good employer
Suprvising social worker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire27 September 2018
A good employer generally policies and procedures involving employment law are generally maintained.
Very hierarchical and a top-down management structure.
Pros
Policies and procedures very high on the list of priorites.
Cons
Difficult to adress problems and issues involving service users.
Indecisive management, no consistency in their decision making.
RSCW (Current Employee) –  Stapleford, Nottinghamshire.27 August 2018
Good pay, some great colleges and at times really rewarding work. I’ve gained invaluable experience from working with vulnerable children and received excellent training throughout the years of my employment. Negatives are indecisive management who will shift the goal posts and lie to protect themselves and the business. Extremely unsupportive of employees and their personal issues. Overall, decent environment to work, but the indecisive management will make you loose your passion for a job. Very much a ‘if your face fits culture’. Fourtunatly I have other motivations/directions in life and won’t be staying much longer. Ask how many greviences the manager has had at your interview, you’ve been warned/thank me later.
Pros
Rewarding working with young people. The pay’s a bonus.
Cons
Bad management. Inconsistent decision making everyday.
Hard work
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire16 August 2018
Working for the council proved to be enlightening. The pay wasn't good for what you were expected to do, flexi-time was non-existent for the majority whilst it was OK for others.
Amazing, Understanding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Annesley30 July 2018
The management here are incredibly understanding with your needs. If you aren't doing well with your job or at home, they will try their best to rectify the issue if you are willing to put in the hours and actually try. Best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
3 breaks, flexible lieu, great management and colleagues
Cons
Customer Service is just a stressful job in general. Due to customers as opposed to the job itself.
better than people think
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Ollerton, Nottinghamshire9 July 2018
Typical day - arranging meetings with staff.
Organising day to day activities - own workload
I learned that not everyone is the same and treat people as I like to be treated.
My manager was amazing - very understandable and approachable.
The workplace culture was hampered by uncertainty of job and future.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with conflict in the teams. Different personalities called on my superb management skills to achieve a more harmonious work place.

Most enjoyable was when people thrived by my management skills - when people who were disheartened were then able to move on to a either a better frame of mind or improve their work life balance.
Pros
free parking, excellent pension, generous holidays and BH's
Cons
long way to travel to work
fun workplace
stonebridge farm (Former Employee) –  Nottingham20 June 2018
the hardest part of the job is when i had to clean up the animals and feed themm and tour people around to tell them where different things are in the farm.
Pros
free launches
Cons
Too long ago to be relevant
TeacherTeacher (Former Employee) –  Retford31 May 2018
I feel unable to comment this employer as my employment with them was too long ago for any of my comments to be relevant to helpful to anyone applying for posts with them now.
Productive fun workplace
Midday Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nottingham1 May 2018
I have really enjoyed working for Nottinghamshire city council and becoming a member of the team. I would recommend to anyone looking for a job to apply.
Great Experience
Relief Care worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire30 April 2018
This job has been and still is my long term job - I can't complain. I have worked with this company for over eight years, and it has been rewarding supporting especially those that are vulnerable.
Totally misleading management structure
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire21 March 2018
I found the management very poor very indecisive & not true to there word I worked at various sites in my time with ncc they seem superiors in delegation poor in honesty & as for the supervisors well that's second to none to experience
Productive good place to work
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire18 March 2018
Good place to work, friendly staff, reliable systems, bus links not great, varied role, good client base/ experience, busy phone lines, nice managers.
changing environment
Residential Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire18 March 2018
No two days are the same it is a ever changing job and with that comes more demands. This one of the difficulties of the job. the most enjoyable part of my job is when you achieve something with a service user no matter how small or big this achievement is.
Pros
good opportunities for further professional development
Cons
shift work and time between shifts is very small.
Teaching
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kimberley, Nottinghamshire5 February 2018
Teaching has changed dramatically over the last ten years and finding a good work/life balance very difficult, especially with a young family. It is an extremely demanding job, but very rewarding at times.
Pros
Vocation of working doing what you love
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Varied roles
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham25 January 2018
Varied roles within Nottingham County Council. When I moved to the area it was useful to be able to join the Temporary Worker Department to get straight into work. I worked for a few different places before finding a permanent role.
Pros
Easy to get into work in a new area
Cons
Shame it is no longer operational
I enjoy my job, we're a small team and most of all serving the children.
Dinner Lady (Current Employee) –  Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire16 January 2018
Before I had my daughter, who is twelve years old . I was a retail manager . Having a career before a family, I would love to get back into it , I feel it's my time again.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Can do
Demanding and rewarding environment
KS2 Primary Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire4 January 2018
Strong supportive team of staff that help maintain a 'can do' ethos. Typical day normally 10 hours with minimal break in the workplace plus 1-2 hours work after hours. The job is physically and mentally demanding. Hardest part of the job is engaging reluctant learners and the most enjoyable part is seeing a child blossom.
Subject to changes in political funding
Deputy Headteacher (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire31 December 2017
Education has been subject to many changes with advent of academies hence the local authority role has shrunk with budgets.

Those who remain are a dedicated and sound group of people.

Each school varies but the pressures remain the same.
workplace
cook one (Current Employee) –  Nottingham19 December 2017
most people are friendly and helpful and the money not to bad you get a break for dinner and you can have some laughs the prices for lunch at a school are at a reasonable price.
Pros
staff
Notts CC
Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Ollerton, Nottinghamshire18 December 2017
A great place to work. Good benefits and a good and healthy work/life balance is always key
Most of the people I have come in contact with are good to work with and for
Pros
great holiday benefits
Cons
No job security any longer
Care PA
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Retford11 November 2017
I worked for my stepfather, through the councils Social Services team, therefore I can not comment too heavily on the council itself, other than they were supportive and helpful at all times.