Nottinghamshire County Council Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Relief Care worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire30 April 2018
This job has been and still is my long term job - I can't complain. I have worked with this company for over eight years, and it has been rewarding supporting especially those that are vulnerable.
Totally misleading management structure
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire21 March 2018
I found the management very poor very indecisive & not true to there word I worked at various sites in my time with ncc they seem superiors in delegation poor in honesty & as for the supervisors well that's second to none to experience
Productive good place to work
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire18 March 2018
Good place to work, friendly staff, reliable systems, bus links not great, varied role, good client base/ experience, busy phone lines, nice managers.
changing environment
Residential Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire18 March 2018
No two days are the same it is a ever changing job and with that comes more demands. This one of the difficulties of the job. the most enjoyable part of my job is when you achieve something with a service user no matter how small or big this achievement is.
Pros
good opportunities for further professional development
Cons
shift work and time between shifts is very small.
Teaching
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kimberley, Nottinghamshire5 February 2018
Teaching has changed dramatically over the last ten years and finding a good work/life balance very difficult, especially with a young family. It is an extremely demanding job, but very rewarding at times.
Pros
Vocation of working doing what you love
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Varied roles
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham25 January 2018
Varied roles within Nottingham County Council. When I moved to the area it was useful to be able to join the Temporary Worker Department to get straight into work. I worked for a few different places before finding a permanent role.
Pros
Easy to get into work in a new area
Cons
Shame it is no longer operational
I enjoy my job, we're a small team and most of all serving the children.
Dinner Lady (Current Employee) –  Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire16 January 2018
Before I had my daughter, who is twelve years old . I was a retail manager . Having a career before a family, I would love to get back into it , I feel it's my time again.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Can do
Demanding and rewarding environment
KS2 Primary Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire4 January 2018
Strong supportive team of staff that help maintain a 'can do' ethos. Typical day normally 10 hours with minimal break in the workplace plus 1-2 hours work after hours. The job is physically and mentally demanding. Hardest part of the job is engaging reluctant learners and the most enjoyable part is seeing a child blossom.
Subject to changes in political funding
Deputy Headteacher (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire31 December 2017
Education has been subject to many changes with advent of academies hence the local authority role has shrunk with budgets.

Those who remain are a dedicated and sound group of people.

Each school varies but the pressures remain the same.
workplace
cook one (Current Employee) –  Nottingham19 December 2017
most people are friendly and helpful and the money not to bad you get a break for dinner and you can have some laughs the prices for lunch at a school are at a reasonable price.
Pros
staff
Notts CC
Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Ollerton, Nottinghamshire18 December 2017
A great place to work. Good benefits and a good and healthy work/life balance is always key
Most of the people I have come in contact with are good to work with and for
Pros
great holiday benefits
Cons
No job security any longer
Care PA
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Retford11 November 2017
I worked for my stepfather, through the councils Social Services team, therefore I can not comment too heavily on the council itself, other than they were supportive and helpful at all times.
Good place to work.
Midday Supervisory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield10 November 2017
Very handy work life balance. Holidays are a God send when you have children who need child care. Friendly team of people to work with. Very flexible with time off when needed.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
In the middle of your day
security officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 October 2017
minimum wage, shifts split over 24 hours so work life balance not great. benefits good, uniform provided, pension scheme etc.
a lot of walking around and dealing with members of the public in challenging situations. sense of humour essential.
benefits
Cons
shifts
Supply cleaner
Supply Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bircotes school11 October 2017
Job was very enjoyable due to travelling to different places and meeting different people. I learned all types of cleaning and to be polite and sociable to everyone i met and I was greeted with the upmost respect from the management who helped me if I ever had an issue.
Pros
sociability and meeting all kinds of people
Cons
Early starts to the day and late finishes
Great comapny to work for; people focused
Full Time Youth Work Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire County Council11 October 2017
Working for NCC Young Peoples Services were the best years of my career. Diverse, inclusive, people focused and rewarding. No two days were the same. Vast amount of knowledge and training gained, investment in staff development second to none. Workplace culture was the best; made to feel like part of the big picture, we were a well oiled machine, respected. Teamworking a dream. Engaging and enjoyable. Management were positive and really supportive. Company strove to get the best from you and invested in you as a person, not as a number or name on a badge. A job/career is what you make it.
Pros
Team work, respect, investing in people
Cons
Working evenings haha!
Enjoyable and a pleasure to work for.
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham15 September 2017
I worked through an agency for NCC and have to say I enjoyed every bit of my time there.

Management were spot on and fellow workmates were a laugh and easy to get on with.

Workplace culture.Well what can I say its council.
Pros
Banter, varied and enjoyable
care home
Catering assistant (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire15 September 2017
to ensure a high standard of food preparation was maintained and that stocks were replenished. To maintain a high standard of cleanliness around the food preparation area
Pros
shift pattern
Cons
the managemant
An evolving context for the new education provision
Place Planning & Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  West Bridgford4 September 2017
It is clear that the senior leadership of this Local Authority are working very hard to develop a clear and forward-looking way of leading the County in the context of the new national educational vision for the country/county.
There are some very dynamic and energetic staff, looking to move thinking from a traditional to a new perspective.
Pros
Excellent facilities
Cons
Needs mor clarity on tasks
enjoy working with teachers and kids
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Retford, Nottinghamshire29 August 2017
Cleaning and preparing the school for that day.
The use of different chemicals for cleaning.
The management are easy to approach and not on your back all day long.
The workplace culture is relaxed everyone helps each other.
Hardest part is not enough time to always get everything done.
When it is someone's birthday we have a little party.
Pros
People i work with.
Cons
Long gap of 7 1/2 hours between jobs.