Nottingham Trent University

Nottingham Trent University Pay & Benefits reviews

United Kingdom158 reviews
Organised and looks after staff
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for NTU during my undergraduate agree. The wage is very fair and shifts are always very organised, even if it is busy.
Amazing work environment
NTU has a fantastic working environment and good management teams to work with.Selection process was fair and salary is comparative as well.Definitely recommend to others.
Fun workplace
Very good for students, flexible and fun. The management team are very understanding and helpful. Typical day at work is very enjoyable and sometimes you even get provided with free lunch.
Good Place to work
I enjoyed working at NTU and wish I had never left. The only reason I left to go and work at The Uni Of is because of the better salary and more holidays, but really here was better to work.
Positive place to work
Very positive place to work full of nice people from different background. Good jobs to balance with studying. Good competitive wages and good benefits.
productive range of task
working outdoors managing a range of habitat. writing risk assessment for a range of habitat management activities carried out on site. learn a lot about outdoor habitat management and how to increase biological diversity of an area while providing ecological and social benefits.
easy and good money
was paid for full shifts when wok day was done by lunch. lunch provided with relaxed work environment. opportunity to work independently or as part of groups
Pros
free lunch
Low morale
Been here 9 years and loved it until the restructure so have to apply for my job and no garuntee to get it
Senior managers have become greedy with money, and reap rewards from the staffs hard work very little recognition or natural progression that they like to bang on about
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Greedy senior management team
Very Productive workplace
Working at the Nottingham Trent University Library would be an honour to me since I love reading novels and novels that history based and since Nottingham Trent University has very good facilities such as the boots library, I would like to work in that very prestigious workplace.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Long nights
Fun work place, easy to choose shifts and work around university schedule.
Long night shifts, must be able to handle hundreds of drunk students everynight.
Pros
easy to choose shifts
Cons
workplace culture, no overtime pay
Fun workplace
Good place to work. Always fun, the supervisors are students themselves so was always a fun and youthful atmosphere.

Training was good and very thorough. Enjoyed my time there.
Pros
free sweets
Cons
contract was not very long
Poor Management and Support
As someone with long-term and severe health problems, I never felt that I was given appropriate support, especially given that my particular ullness formed part of the organisations mealy-mouthed strategies
Pros
pay was okay, liked my team
Cons
the rest
Highly productive environment to work, with great staff and students' well-being at its core. Great work benefits, and working culture. Great for work / life balance.
Good Environment
Nice place to work with goof views of the city. Management are very helpful and easy to work with, salary was good for the work you do and the day went by quickly
Flexible good part time job
Good part time work for students looking for reliable but sporadic employment. Not too many hours available however when hours are offered they are very aware of the life of students and do not react badly if it is not possible to work. They very often offer other jobs and can help with recommendations etc.
good employer
very hierarchical structure - clear delineation between traditional business / 'support' departments. some weak leadership and area's of poor decision making go unchallenged. employment benefits are good and quality of work/life balance respected and encouraged.
Pros
gym, work life balance, great team environment, friendly
Cons
weak leadership, lack of benefit/value driven change
Good Place to work
Its a good place to work if you are a temp there is no benefits to working for the university you do not get any discount the only time you can get discount is if you have been working there longer than 6 months and you can get a student card. there is no job security for temps they can let you go at any minute. I would say always apply for permanent jobs with the university for this reason.

The work life balance is great if you are a permanent member of staff you get lots of works perks/benefits.
Pros
Working with you people
Cons
if you are based at Clifton and do not drive it is a long way to travel
Fun workplace
I really enjoyed working for the students union, they were flexible around our university hours, and allowed us to choose our own hours in a fair manner. The team all worked well alongside one another.
Pros
free entry to events
Cons
dead shifts
NTU Potentially a great employer
As you can imagine there would be many benefits and opportunities for personal development. But expect some rot thats settled into the nooks and crannies. There are many signs of backsliding
Pros
good benefits
Cons
questionable ethics amongst lower management
Interesting and fun place to work at
As one of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, NTU offers a good work/life balance, a competitive salary and a fun workplace. It is a modern university that attracts students from all around the world. A typical day at work is challenging but extremely rewarding. I have learnt to communicate with students from different backgrounds, work in a busy academic environment and be part of a busy work environment. My co-workers had different teaching experiences, however, all were very competent and excellent teachers.
Rarely recognised for doing anything good.
For such a highly regarded establishment there are some practices that should not be in place there.

Random shifts, difficult to organise your life around really early mornings and really late nights.

Awful and ill-fitting uniforms.
Pros
occasional free food
Cons
zero hour contract, zero benefits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nottingham Trent University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2