Nottingham Trent University Employee Reviews

Poor Management and Support
SYSTEMS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire18 January 2018
As someone with long-term and severe health problems, I never felt that I was given appropriate support, especially given that my particular ullness formed part of the organisations mealy-mouthed strategies
Pros
pay was okay, liked my team
Cons
the rest
Amazing
Junior Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire15 January 2018
I enjoyed everything about this role and was definitely one of the best years of my life and time at Nottingham Trent University. It was a normal 9 to 5 routine, but new ideas were listened to and encouraged within reason. I learned alot from the role and would encourage anybody with a passion or interest in marketing, writing, copywriting to work for this organisation.
Pros
Friendly staff, good management, good pay
Great Univeristy
Master Student (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire8 January 2018
Nottingham Trent University in Nottingham in England is a great place to study for a Master in Pharmacology, and do research at the same time. I really enjoyed my time there.
Fun work place
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire28 November 2017
Love working for the university, think it will look really good on my CV. Really flexible around my course, feel really comfortable around all the students I work with
Work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 November 2017
The work is great fun, working alongside fellow students is a help. I am able to learn more about university whilst working at one. It opens many doors for me on my CV
Stifling
Technician (Current Employee) –  Clifton, Nottinghamshire18 October 2017
Poor low-to-mid management, poor use of grants and budgets, culture of bureaucracy, no staff development, employment by association rather than by credit.
Pros
Job security
Cons
See review
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham16 October 2017
Highly productive environment to work, with great staff and students' well-being at its core. Great work benefits, and working culture. Great for work / life balance.
Busy environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire15 October 2017
Family feel with helpful, friendly people - pleasant place to work. In my experience management was supportive and encouraged dynamic and innovative ideas.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Unable to say 'no' to work
Workplace
Alumni Giving Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire14 October 2017
So far this is an amazing place to work and I wouldn't change it, the pay is very competitive and gives students a great opportunity to be able to work as well as study.
Good Environment
Occasional Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire29 September 2017
Nice place to work with goof views of the city. Management are very helpful and easy to work with, salary was good for the work you do and the day went by quickly
Friendly and Fun
Reception Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire20 September 2017
Friendly and fun environment where i got to excel in my job role as reception manager. I really worked well with my team and by myself. Building a great network with the university allowed me to create a great working environment . Lots of support for me to development myself at my own pace and lots of support from senior management
Pros
Excellent Development and in house training
Cons
Poor Communication
Fun work place
Print Technician (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire12 September 2017
As longas you do your job and turn up on tim you will have a fun day . If you on diet its not best place to work ther as evry day are chocolate and biscuit day !!!
Pros
Amaizing people to work
Cons
Non
Friendly and helpful staff
Laboratory Research (Former Employee) –  Nottingham11 September 2017
Always helped whenever I needed it with my research and I was given access to many facilities when I needed them. High laboratory standards and up-to-date equipment
Flexible good part time job
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Employability Team3 September 2017
Good part time work for students looking for reliable but sporadic employment. Not too many hours available however when hours are offered they are very aware of the life of students and do not react badly if it is not possible to work. They very often offer other jobs and can help with recommendations etc.
Fun place to work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire16 July 2017
Being a student ambassador is a fun way to meet new people and help potential new students make the best decision for their future in education. I have given campus tours which I enjoyed participating in as it was nice sharing my experiences with the potential new students. All round being a student ambassador haves many opportunities which I have still yet to discover.
Pros
Free lunch, uniform is provided
Cons
not enough hours
great
Marketing assistant internship (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, UK12 June 2017
A typical work day was going to several stores and stocking the shelves from either overstock or the delivery.
I learned how to be very patient and hard working from this job.
The management were straight from college so I felt more qualified than me with no field experience.
Hardest part of the job is working up to 12 hour days of manual labor.
I enjoyed the freedom to work how I chose.
Fun experience
English Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire6 June 2017
As part of my Masters course I was required to teach English sessions to twenty immigrant students, who were of the pre-intermediate stage. For this I was trained to develop lesson plans, and deliver lessons effectively by adhering to the communicative and inductive method of teaching. Some of these lessons were system based, which required me to teach students grammar subjects from forming sentences, to identifying tenses. Other sessions were more skills based which focused on improving students speaking and pronunciation abilities. This training enabled me to understand the different aspects which go into delivering an excellent lesson.
Great workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nottingham2 June 2017
Working open days is a highly enjoyable experience, meeting people from across the country and representing the University in a professional manner. A full lunch break with food is provided.
good job
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Clifton, Nottinghamshire15 May 2017
Duties include: Helping on open days, explaining to prospecting students what my course entails, exactly what our University is like and what they can do if they join. I also help with campus tours.
Amazing student job
MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Nottingham7 May 2017
Working as a Mentor was such a fun and fulfilling job, I really felt like I got to make a difference to the children's lives that I worked With and the staff I got to work with from the Student's in classrooms team were amazing. Such a shame the job was only a three month placement! I would love to do this kind of work again!