Nottingham Trent University Employee Reviews

Terrible security job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  All campuses17 May 2018
Shift pattern is terrible, very poor work/life balance. Management are directorial. The organisation does not care about their employees well-being, even though on the surface they appear to. Don't touch them.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Terrible shift oattern
Long nights
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  NTSU29 April 2018
Fun work place, easy to choose shifts and work around university schedule.
Long night shifts, must be able to handle hundreds of drunk students everynight.
Pros
easy to choose shifts
Cons
workplace culture, no overtime pay
Abysmal
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  CITY23 April 2018
Very poor management do not care about the staff get rid of people very easily no interest in there welfare,they employ you at one place on certain hours and then try and move you around and work longer hours,the shift pattern is the worst I have ever seen.
Pros
People
Professional and Friendly
Reception Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham7 April 2018
I worked as a Reception Officer and was the first point of contact for students/visitors. The structure was fantastic and everything was in order. Relevant protocols were in place to protect staff, students and delegates.
Pros
Over time pay
Cons
No cons.
Productive and fun workplace
Alumni giving student caller (Current Employee) –  Nottingham27 March 2018
Great to work alongside the University I am currently attending. Great job for students who are doing their degree and are looking for work on the side. Always understandable of degree deadlines and having to change working hours where necessary.
Collaborative relaxed workplace for academics
Consumer Behaviour Lecturer (UK) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, England27 March 2018
Working at Nottingham Trent was an unplanned venture, as I just completed my master's degree and was invited to an interview. The interview process was informal and comfortable, overall the hiring process was fairly quick. I was employed as a contacted lecturer in the fashion MA program (FMMC), paid per hour for lecturing and marking. I found the pay to be appropriate, however hours were limited. I recommend this university to any academic, or any recent graduate who would like to pursue academia as a career. Internally there are opportunities for side research projects, which may or may not be funded. Also in terms of creating work, depending on your manage you have a lot of freedom in creating your own lesson plans and presentations.
Pros
Collaboration; management; work hours of HPL; wages
Cons
Could also be work hours of HPL; Does not sponsor UK work visa;
Educational
SCCO events/admin assistant/BLSS Admin Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 March 2018
This gave me a useful insight into the administration and inner workings of the business and allowed me to work closely with others and develop people skills.
Pros
Decent lunch period
Cons
Rushed through what could be useful
Fun workplace
Telephone Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Nottingham13 March 2018
Good place to work. Always fun, the supervisors are students themselves so was always a fun and youthful atmosphere.

Training was good and very thorough. Enjoyed my time there.
Pros
free sweets
Cons
contract was not very long
Fun and Flexible
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nottingham10 March 2018
The jobs range from working on open days giving tours and directing prospective students around campus, to conducting post offer phone calls and bag packing. I have become more confidant during my time in this role at speaking in front of large crowds. The jobs are fun and easy going however it can sometimes be rather cold during winter open days. The flexibility to fit work round my studies is second to none and the pay is competitive.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unpredictable opportunities
Front of house photographer for Nottingham Trent University fashion students
Nottingham Fashion Week-photographer and writer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham1 March 2018
I shot the garments and catwalk of first and second year student at Nottingham Trent University. I interacted with the designer so I understood the concept behind their garment which then made it easier to shoot the editorial and therefore tell a story.
Productive and interesting workplace
CERT Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham11 February 2018
The university offers great opportunities for temporary employment, timetabling all of your shifts around your lectures and seminars so you will never have a shift that clashes with your contact hours. Supervisors are helpful and friendly, talking you through any problem that may arise.
Pros
Free snacks and water
Poor Management and Support
SYSTEMS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire18 January 2018
As someone with long-term and severe health problems, I never felt that I was given appropriate support, especially given that my particular ullness formed part of the organisations mealy-mouthed strategies
Pros
pay was okay, liked my team
Cons
the rest
Amazing
Junior Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire15 January 2018
I enjoyed everything about this role and was definitely one of the best years of my life and time at Nottingham Trent University. It was a normal 9 to 5 routine, but new ideas were listened to and encouraged within reason. I learned alot from the role and would encourage anybody with a passion or interest in marketing, writing, copywriting to work for this organisation.
Pros
Friendly staff, good management, good pay
Great Univeristy
Master Student (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire8 January 2018
Nottingham Trent University in Nottingham in England is a great place to study for a Master in Pharmacology, and do research at the same time. I really enjoyed my time there.
Productive and friendly workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Clifton, Nottinghamshire2 January 2018
All staff were very helpful and the workplace always had a plesant and friendly atmosphere. The Structure of work place was well adapted and well organised. Overall I loved my experience there and met some amazing people. I would recommend it to students.
Pros
Location, Student Job
great experience
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 December 2017
I have learned a lot working for NTU.
Every day was different from another, lots of challenges and opportunities to improve in any areas I wanted to.
Fun work place
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire28 November 2017
Love working for the university, think it will look really good on my CV. Really flexible around my course, feel really comfortable around all the students I work with
Work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 November 2017
The work is great fun, working alongside fellow students is a help. I am able to learn more about university whilst working at one. It opens many doors for me on my CV
Stifling
Technician (Current Employee) –  Clifton, Nottinghamshire18 October 2017
Poor low-to-mid management, poor use of grants and budgets, culture of bureaucracy, no staff development, employment by association rather than by credit.
Pros
Job security
Cons
See review
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham16 October 2017
Highly productive environment to work, with great staff and students' well-being at its core. Great work benefits, and working culture. Great for work / life balance.