Nottingham Trent University

Nottingham Trent University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom157 reviews
Fun place to work
Really enjoyed working at Nottingham Trent and would have loved to stay longer. Lovely people and a really nice atmosphere to work in! Gave me so many amazing opportunities
A platform to start off to progress on to somewhere else
Limited growth opportunities - it's a good place to start a career but for real growth over 3-5 years not ideal for overachievers looking to grow professionally and develop at a personal level
Productive and informative
University is one of those palces where learning is actually fun. you will be constantly challenged in a field that you are actively interested in. I would highly encourage anyone to come to NTU
Amazing work environment
NTU has a fantastic working environment and good management teams to work with.Selection process was fair and salary is comparative as well.Definitely recommend to others.
Over worked, under valued, toxic culture
I worked at NTU for over 10 years. Your department and level will impact upon your experience. I saw it change from a healthy place to work to somewhere that was just about the bottom line. Managers get to pay their favourites very well and on the ground staff are given more to do, no more pay and criticism in return. People leave and the full time work is given to someone in an existing role. If you try ti address the workload or toxic environment the word resilience is thrown at you. Long standing high performance is dismissed within months if you don't keep quiet and work until you burn out.
Fun workplace
So much fun working with students just sat printing of ID cards all day. Not stressful as I first thought and its just smiles and laughs all around. If I could I would have loved to work there on a more permanent basis.
Very good place to work for, encouragement from management to be promoted, updated regularly for security and data protection, good work colleagues, would recommend for a place to work
Only completed internships here
I have only worked at this company through a temp agency, which I was not interviewed for and it was only an internship. I am not quite sure what you have to do to get a job here, I think something along the lines of juggling fire. I have to date, sent 20 unsuccessful applications to NTU, only 4 of which have lead to an interview, despite their employability team checking my applications. Not sure if there is some level of discrimination going on here, bt it is very very hard to even get an interview. Definitely do not recommend to anyone looking to make their first step on the work ladder.
Cons
cronyism
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nottingham Trent University?
responsibility
The job held a lot of responsibility between communicating with staff and pupils, however it was always great to know that the student's voice was being heard.
Overworked and undervalued
I worked at NTU for 4 years and during the last 3 years the attitude to the support staff became unbearable. We were seen as replaceable and not as important as the academic staff. We were given no recognition or appreciation of our work.More and more Managers were employed on high salaries whilst the support staff who left were not replaced meaning more work for the already overworked employees who were left. Management were not interested in the low morale of their staff and if you complained you were seen as a trouble causer.
Fun place to work
It is fun to work in University and learn to understand and communicate with students who came from different background compare with me

The workplace culture is respectful toward everyone who from different background
They appear good on paper but they work staff into an early grave
I wouldn’t recommend working at NTU unless you want to end up with one foot in a stress-full grave way before your time! It may seem ok at first but don’t be deceived: the inhuman workloads plus admin will pile up before you know it
Fun workplace
Very good for students, flexible and fun. The management team are very understanding and helpful. Typical day at work is very enjoyable and sometimes you even get provided with free lunch.
Friendly Atmosphere.
Since arriving as a volunteer Reception Officer in September, I have found the atmosphere to be very friendly, despite the odd upset from students about their accommodations. But overall NTU has a very friendly atmosphere.
I really like working with NTUP
I feel like working with my own family. I will recommend 1000x to friends .I have been working with NTU for 4 years now and I have more experience with them, I like the way they do thier things. And I love very much my supervisor she's soo kind and nice and everybody there is kind,infact we are like families
Lovely place to work
I will recommend to anyone who wants, or perhaps enjoy working in an academic environment. Anyone who likes to inspire or be inspired should look at working here
Productive, welcoming work place
Good work-play balance, a great place to learn and grow along with forming real relationships. A lot of help and support is provided along with proper training.
Character Building
Got the opportunity to represent the university and meet lots of people. Definitely built my confidence and helped me support my studies. I learned how to deal with people and communicate effectively.
Pros
People, holiday pay
Cons
Irregular hours
Challenging yet progressive
The job provided me with a new avenue to explore further with my career goals. I was assigned to assist undergraduate and postgraduate students with their research project.
Good Place to work
I enjoyed working at NTU and wish I had never left. The only reason I left to go and work at The Uni Of is because of the better salary and more holidays, but really here was better to work.
Easy place to work but your face needs to fit to progress or be rewarded
My typical day now is quite easy, unfortunately I have a team leader who is inexperienced and it shows as there is a lot of things that slick through the cracks that I normally have to help with. In some ways that isn't a bad thing but when its constant it is because I don't get paid to do it or rewarded for doing extra things. There aren't many training opportunities available to me unless they are free courses, which I have already completed. The management aren't good at communicating between departments and rarely follow their own policies and procedures. I have learned my job role from the ground up and am now one of the best performers in my department. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management who aren't organised, I plan out my day and then get asked to do other things which isn't a problem when it is quiet but when it isn't things get forgotten about. The most enjoyable parts of my role are that it is technical and I'm not always in an office because I go out to my jobs, I meet a lot of people external and internal and the thanks I get from certain people when I provide good support for them is very gratifying, it certainly isn't a thankless job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nottingham Trent University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2