Nottingham College Employee Reviews

Ok workplace
Behaviour Mentor/Learner Achievement Coach (Current Employee) –  Nottingham2 August 2018
Nottingham college has been a very good college to work for but there has been a lot of change and it has become more of a business and i feel the staff are not valued any more, and i feel i am very good at my job.
Excellent
Volunteer Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham19 July 2018
I had the opportunity to experience an office work based environment. The finance department gave me the opportunity to learn new skills, such as, filing, organisational skills and answering the telephone.
As a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 May 2018
As a student, I loved every minute of college. The staff are fantastic and would be their to help with any issue personal or not. NCN gave me the confidence within my work to be able to stand if front of a class and give presentations, also helping me improve my writing skills and giving me the chance to meet journalist's and politicians who still work in the industry.
Pros
Meeting professionals
Cons
Not a lot of hands of journalist work
shocking
Business Administration Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 May 2018
i went in for an apprenticeship but my interviewer was off sick that day not phone call to let me know then no one knew i was suppose to be there despite my emails confirming my dates. i stayed for 2 hours filling out questionnaire and was told they would be in touch when shes back but haven't heard from them since useless people
Customer Relationship Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire16 April 2018
Very busy and friendly atmosphere, lovely staff and busy environment. Always kept on your toes and excellent skills to be learned, along with qualifications to be achieved along side via training.
Enjoyed working for ncn college
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham9 April 2018
I enjoyed working for ncn for over 3 years staff very friendly.. I would definitely work there again.. the only down side is the the job security’s.. and also my wages was allways different from month to month the cleaning side of things is straight forward it’s the running of the cleaning services what need improving very under staffed I was doing 2 or 3 peoples cleaning on my own and in a certain time but over all Nottingham college have improved massively over the past 10 years.
Good
Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Basford8 March 2018
Good place to work. Busy - lots of meetings. Lots of opportunity to learn new skills.
Good wages and scale so you work up the scale - yearly payrises.
Good working hours - quiet times when students are off.
Good working hours
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 November 2017
Typical working day requires me to freshly prepare food, serve customers and maintain/ clean kitchen and public area. The job allows you to partake in additional training courses as part of your continual proffessional development and learn new skills, the management are very supportive and is a fun place to work with good working hours and holidays including two weeks off at christmas. They also offer many staff perks, discounts and benefits such as discount on dining out and leisure plus much more.
Pros
Good working hours, no weekend and bank hoilday working
Cons
pay
good holidays
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire28 October 2017
overall in the engineering part of central college it is ran very well the only down side is the wage and not being able to work overtime.

i have learnt a lot at the college whist working there
Pros
good holidays
Cons
no overtime
Nottingham College
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 October 2017
Central location easy reach of travel and local facilities in Nottingham. Good HR with lots of support for new starters. Students have excellent choice of courses across many different vocations. Committed staff and positive outcomes throughout
Disolved
Admissions (Current Employee) –  maid marian way13 August 2017
Working for Central College used to be a great place to work for. Plenty of job prospects, very flexible with good management team. However with the merge with another college I am unable to make any comments at this moment.
A steady place to work
Admissions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire7 August 2017
A good place to work if you don't mind sticking in the same role for as long as you stay with the company, Rewarding being able to help people achieve their potential. Management structure could do with a shake up, lacks dynamism.
Productive and fun environment
Recruitment Resourcer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire25 July 2017
I've worked as a Recruitment Resourcer for nearly one year and love it. I'm leaving due to relocating to Nottingham, however if this wasn't the case I would definitely stay and progress within the college. Great team and environment.
Poor management but exciting campus
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire3 July 2017
Little to progress staff and poor management. Furthermore, classrooms are in need of much TLC. Despite this, the college has a great atmosphere and great students
Reasonable place to work but avoid getting caught in the spiders web!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 June 2017
The majority of the low and mid-level staff were a pleasure to work with - decent people doing a variety of hard jobs, often with little thanks. Sadly the higher management were unethical, unaccountable and pretty much corrupt. To provide an example, I was assaulted by a student and I wanted the police called. The management discouraged this as it would portray the college in a negative light. I persisted and rang the police anyway and one of the HR managers erased the security tape behind my back, then claimed to the police that the camera hadn't been working! Needless to say, I didn't stay very long and wouldn't go back.
Pros
Mostly chatty, happy staff, nice working environments
Cons
Parking problems, unethical management
Friendly workplace
Teaching Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 May 2017
It was a friendly and nice place to work. I learned how the application and introduction process was handled. The managers were friendly and got on well with other members of staff
A place to learn
Teaching and Learning coach (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire12 March 2017
I learned many new skills working there starting as an unqualified teacher and ending as a Teaching and Learning Coach on a management pay scale.

The work life balance that is required of being a lecturer or manager there is very demanding with unrealistic expectations of staff's working hours.
Pros
Training proided
Cons
really great and tutors are really nice
Vehicle technician, mechanic or electrician (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, UK18 January 2017
was really great enjoyed every part of the college
I learned a lot from the tutors and they were very helpful in making us pass the course
the managers were great and really helpful
the other students were very helpful and were good candidates to work beside
the hardest part in the job was the mot tests
the part I enjoyed most was working with the cars and completing tasks
really good environment to work in
Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham18 January 2017
I really enjoyed the course I enjoyed everday I spent there
I learned a lot and improved my english and maths
the mangers were very helpful aswell as the staff
the other students were very friendly and good
the hardest part was the exams at the end but as long as you studied u will pass
the tasks and the work experience
work above and beyond your job role
catering techniction (Current Employee) –  Nottingham27 July 2016
Students are the most rewarding part of the job as you watch them develope into young adults stepping into the world or work and know you had a part to play.
Pros
term time
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nottingham College. Our community is ready to answer.

Nottingham College Reviews by Location