Nottingham College Employee Reviews

The College has Benifits
Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, UK29 November 2018
The College is developing and merging from two colleges and has benefits but also challenges. There are a wide range of skills within the college and it will spend money on ensuring you get the right training.
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
Work life balence
Good working hours
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 November 2017
Typical working day requires me to freshly prepare food, serve customers and maintain/ clean kitchen and public area. The job allows you to partake in additional training courses as part of your continual proffessional development and learn new skills, the management are very supportive and is a fun place to work with good working hours and holidays including two weeks off at christmas. They also offer many staff perks, discounts and benefits such as discount on dining out and leisure plus much more.
Pros
Good working hours, no weekend and bank hoilday working
Cons
pay
Alright but could be better
Student Service Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Nottingham1 August 2018
As the college is undergoing a merger with another college in Nottingham. Staff moral is pretty low. Less staff and more workloads. Pay freeze for over 5 years.
At the company I have learnt a lot in the administrative side of things. For example data handling, telephone, email and face to face inquiries. Good customer service skills.
Have worked with some really nice people throughout my experience.
Enjoyed working for ncn college
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham9 April 2018
I enjoyed working for ncn for over 3 years staff very friendly.. I would definitely work there again.. the only down side is the the job security’s.. and also my wages was allways different from month to month the cleaning side of things is straight forward it’s the running of the cleaning services what need improving very under staffed I was doing 2 or 3 peoples cleaning on my own and in a certain time but over all Nottingham college have improved massively over the past 10 years.
Ok workplace
Behaviour Mentor/Learner Achievement Coach (Current Employee) –  Nottingham2 August 2018
Nottingham college has been a very good college to work for but there has been a lot of change and it has become more of a business and i feel the staff are not valued any more, and i feel i am very good at my job.
Excellent
Volunteer Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham19 July 2018
I had the opportunity to experience an office work based environment. The finance department gave me the opportunity to learn new skills, such as, filing, organisational skills and answering the telephone.
As a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 May 2018
As a student, I loved every minute of college. The staff are fantastic and would be their to help with any issue personal or not. NCN gave me the confidence within my work to be able to stand if front of a class and give presentations, also helping me improve my writing skills and giving me the chance to meet journalist's and politicians who still work in the industry.
Pros
Meeting professionals
Cons
Not a lot of hands of journalist work
shocking
Business Administration Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 May 2018
i went in for an apprenticeship but my interviewer was off sick that day not phone call to let me know then no one knew i was suppose to be there despite my emails confirming my dates. i stayed for 2 hours filling out questionnaire and was told they would be in touch when shes back but haven't heard from them since useless people
Customer Relationship Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire16 April 2018
Very busy and friendly atmosphere, lovely staff and busy environment. Always kept on your toes and excellent skills to be learned, along with qualifications to be achieved along side via training.
FE is being slowly squeezed between school and university
Curriculum Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG12 September 2013
Every day has a different challenge
Teaching 16-19 yo is part of the job
Staff work hard but get good pay and benefits
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Good
Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Basford8 March 2018
Good place to work. Busy - lots of meetings. Lots of opportunity to learn new skills.
Good wages and scale so you work up the scale - yearly payrises.
Good working hours - quiet times when students are off.
Reasonable place to work but avoid getting caught in the spiders web!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 June 2017
The majority of the low and mid-level staff were a pleasure to work with - decent people doing a variety of hard jobs, often with little thanks. Sadly the higher management were unethical, unaccountable and pretty much corrupt. To provide an example, I was assaulted by a student and I wanted the police called. The management discouraged this as it would portray the college in a negative light. I persisted and rang the police anyway and one of the HR managers erased the security tape behind my back, then claimed to the police that the camera hadn't been working! Needless to say, I didn't stay very long and wouldn't go back.
Pros
Mostly chatty, happy staff, nice working environments
Cons
Parking problems, unethical management
A place to learn
Teaching and Learning coach (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire12 March 2017
I learned many new skills working there starting as an unqualified teacher and ending as a Teaching and Learning Coach on a management pay scale.

The work life balance that is required of being a lecturer or manager there is very demanding with unrealistic expectations of staff's working hours.
Pros
Training proided
Cons
Further education is undergoing a very difficult time with resources being diverted into other areas of Education
I.C.T Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG26 November 2014
Working day was from around 7.00 - 5.30
Management change linked with difficult financial commitments have resulted in challenging times.
The people working at N.C.N are the same as most large organisations with a mix of personalities and commitment, a lot of teams are very close knit and supportive of each other working very well together.
Staffing reductions, financial constraints combined with less experienced management has resulted in staff moral not being at the height it was at 4 -9 years ago.
Seeing students develop and achieve over time is something that is fantastic.
Pros
Working with some very dedicated people
Cons
Lack of planning and support in some departments
Proffessional Educational work environment
Technical Assistant and Data Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG5 January 2015
A typical day working in the executive office within New College Nottingham would consist of replying to Subject Access Requests for Data Protection, developing training materials and reviewing departmental data protection via data protection audits, providing feedback and reports to the executive team.

Another part of my role is to investigate and follow up on insurance claims, liaising with our insurers, solicitors, health and safety as well as other internal persons as they relate to the claim.

Audit coordination and risk management is also key in my role to ensure that cross college recommendations are implemented and complied with, as well as remedial actions regarding the risk register to ensure assurance for the Audit committee.
Pros
Varied role, good training opportunities
good holidays
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire28 October 2017
overall in the engineering part of central college it is ran very well the only down side is the wage and not being able to work overtime.

i have learnt a lot at the college whist working there
Pros
good holidays
Cons
no overtime
A steady place to work
Admissions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire7 August 2017
A good place to work if you don't mind sticking in the same role for as long as you stay with the company, Rewarding being able to help people achieve their potential. Management structure could do with a shake up, lacks dynamism.
Disolved
Admissions (Current Employee) –  maid marian way13 August 2017
Working for Central College used to be a great place to work for. Plenty of job prospects, very flexible with good management team. However with the merge with another college I am unable to make any comments at this moment.
Nottingham College
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 October 2017
Central location easy reach of travel and local facilities in Nottingham. Good HR with lots of support for new starters. Students have excellent choice of courses across many different vocations. Committed staff and positive outcomes throughout
great work experience whilst studying
Work Placement Student, purchasing department (Former Employee) –  Nottingham7 February 2016
My typical day would be working within the team making sure the paperwork matched up with the computer system, entering data, contacting companies chasing invoices etc.
I learned just how the studying i was doing was used the work place and how important it was to be accurate with all the data. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the team it was a new challenge for me and everyone was so welcoming. The hardest part of the job was finding the mistakes if the trial balance didn't balance specially when so many people in the team had input to it but i did enjoy the challenge of sorting it.
Pros
challenging, enjoyable, great team, new skills
Cons
it was only temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nottingham College. Our community is ready to answer.

Nottingham College Reviews by Location