Nottingham College

Nottingham College Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews
Great experience shame about the salary/benefits
For me I have gained some grate experience and I been exposed to things that I was struggling to unlock at my last place of work. It's been a great team, there have been lost of changes, some negative some positive across the organisation. I feel it is our department's turn for some streamlining hence the reason to see what is out there.
Do Not Apply Here
Business focus
Greedy and rude management

Illetrate management

No genuine focus on students

Underpaid

Immense work load

Immature and unprofessional staff

Petty work politics with no genuine reasons

No management support or guidance only demands

Cowboys doing the roles of professional people
A Mixed Bag
I have a wonderful team and supportive direct management.
Work can be fast paced but colleagues can be very understanding.

Staff moral is generally low and a bad mixture of personalities can cause dissention.

Could have much improved systems and efficient policies.

A very damaging idealism of not communicating pertinent information and keeping things in the shadows.
Helpful staff
Fun environment. variety of courses available to the students. New management, new focus. More focus required on employee welfare. Wait and watch at the moment
Poorly managed and resourced
Nottingham college is the largest FE amagum in the UK. It simply dosn't work. Huge investment but not in teaching, poor organisation. I would recommend against working here for a year or two.
A good workplace
Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, every day is different and you can expect to have some welcomed challenges. The campus' are large so you meet a lot of new people.
Bad workplace :)
I would not advise joining Nottingham College.
Poor Pay

Poorer management

Level of intelligence diminished at best

Leaving has to be the best part of the day.
N/a
Fantastic engineering team when I joined with a wealth of expertise.
Students enjoyed the prospect of gaining engineering excellence.

Funding constraints always made the job being very difficult.
terrible
the staff didn't care about other peoples safety. the main chef threw knives across the stations towards other people. we would only get a 10 minute break meaning half the time we wouldn't even get to eat all day long
Friendly and fun workplace
As a temporary translator, Nottingham College offered me the standardized induction plan which made it easier for me to get to know the workplace and be better prepared for future work. I enjoyed working with my manager, who were always willing to talk to me and encourage me when I faced difficulties. As a result, I blended into the class and got familiar with the job content pretty quickly.
Wonderful
Excellent company to work for, always trying to strive for greatness. Employee's are cared about a lot by management, this in turn has a great impact on students.
science teacher
Great science department
Need more opportunity to grow your career

Better working conditions

More flexibility needed

More money put into training and resources
College cares more about Business than the Students
Learning at this campus and working with the people is a blessing since the Merger management is a mess and a lack of teaching professionalism. Feedback is lacking in some department.

Con: Fighting within management based around teaching standards. Students feel at unease about coursework and feedback.
Pros
Down to earth lectures and staff.Enough time for course work.
Cons
Nonsupporting staff, lack of facilities
Nice Atmosphere, Great collegues.
A good working environment, learn something new every day working in such a diverse environment.
Enjoy the chance to mix with such a diverse community and work with different staff and students across the college.

Difficult in September when college is enrolling and planning for current year, claiming all the funding from different pots.

Enjoy seeing the children grow and move on and the students gain skills and new qualifications.
Pros
Generous Annual leave, flexible working.
Cons
Expensive car park. Long hours.
Inspiration organisation!
The Supported Learning Department is simply amazing in all aspects!
The students being worked with are outstanding in every way and the tutors and support workers are just wonderful human beings with such a love of what they do.

The impact that everyone involved has on the students being worked with is immeasurable.
Pros
Cons
Zero
Professional education establishment
A good place to work I feedback to course leaders information and support throughout the recruitment process to managers and ensuring that targets are met.
I was a student here
I was a student here, didnt work here. The teachers were all okay when I was studying there as a air-conditioning and refrigeration apprentice. I got all qualifications I needed.
Pros
Good teachers
Good to work for before the merger
After three mergers the college i worked for was called castle college which became SNC and then Central.
I really loved my job as the staff around me where very welcoming friendly and we all cared about the job that we where doing.

The management left us alone as between the staff we had everything covered through regular standardisation meetings.

The hardest part of the job was to get the students to take ownership of the whole experience. most of the students that I taught where from the poorer back grounds.

the most enjoyable part is to see these students progress and grow.
Pros
Traveling to other countries on the Leonardo Projects and Erazmus Projects
Cons
Not being paid any extra as you are on duty 24/7
The College has Benifits
The College is developing and merging from two colleges and has benefits but also challenges. There are a wide range of skills within the college and it will spend money on ensuring you get the right training.
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
Work life balence
Ok workplace
Nottingham college has been a very good college to work for but there has been a lot of change and it has become more of a business and i feel the staff are not valued any more, and i feel i am very good at my job.
Alright but could be better
As the college is undergoing a merger with another college in Nottingham. Staff moral is pretty low. Less staff and more workloads. Pay freeze for over 5 years.
At the company I have learnt a lot in the administrative side of things. For example data handling, telephone, email and face to face inquiries. Good customer service skills.

Have worked with some really nice people throughout my experience.