NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Awful
IT Rollout Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire18 September 2019
Bad management, limited learning, no progression.

Underpaid, overworked, stupid decisions.

Stressful environment with limited managerial input other than unthought of decisions that causes increased tension and stress to other.
Job
TECHNICAL OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire11 July 2019
Enjoyable job but limited opportunities for progression.

Plenty to do so can never get bored !
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Limited Progression
Leadership Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire28 June 2019
Very relaxed environment to work in. Learnt to be punctual and meet targets. The hardest part was blending in a predominantly male workspace. The most enjoyable was working at my own pace.
Surveyor Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 June 2019
I was on a work experience at nottingham city council and would have loved for it to have lasted longer. I worked in the property service department, I would write up the spreadsheet in the morning and go to survey properties with experienced surveyors. This was a great experience and obtained a lot of knowledge thought out the placement ..
Pros
Lots of out of office work
Cons
Only a placemmt
lovely place to work
Ecologist Assistance (Former Employee) –  Nottingham5 June 2019
was given a range of task working as part of the team and on my own. main task include evaluating bird criteria to establish local wildlife sites as well as creating a legislative database for vulnerable species within Nottingham-shire.
Undecided
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 May 2019
My job was amazing and I loved every part of it. Daily interaction with the schools head teacher was always positive. Providing the children with good food and interacting with them was also positive and I built good relations with everyone I came in contact with daily. The council are a very negative company and seemed to always make you feel you were never good enough. Training was few and far between however they never accepted this was a failure on managements part but the individual asking for the help. I loved my job I just felt let down by management, so left.
Pros
Working with good kithen staff
Friendly and Rewarding Workplace
Casual Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 April 2019
Really great place to work, nice work environment, good management and lots of opportunities to move sideways and gain experience in all kinds of areas.
Pros
Good pay, nice work environment.
Cons
IT problems.
efficient, yet under developed work place
Business team member (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire9 April 2019
They do what they are designed to do well, at least on a base level, but the technical training and understanding of the general employee is far too low for what the place is trying to achieve.
Pros
Easy to divide between work and free time. Nice location.
Cons
Large buildings and many sites. Under evolved/behind the times.
Flexible workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 February 2019
+ve Great people and flexible working options.
-ve lack of career opportunities, lots of people who have been there for a long time and are stuck in their ways/resistant to change
Council Groundsman
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Bullwell Hall/ Arboretum15 February 2019
Typical day was patrol the park, clean any rubbish and take money for facilities

I learned how to deal with the public

Management was solid, firm and fair

i worked solo

Hardest part was walking cleaning the showers after matchday
Pros
Outdoors
Cons
Unsociable hours
Diverse atmosphere
Assistant Road Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 February 2019
I have benefited from Flexi hours enabling me to focus on a diverse range of activities, good pension schemes.
Meals within the canteen are reasonably priced and good quality
good workplace
Apprentice Gardener (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire25 January 2019
nottingham city council was good to work for because there was many diffrent sectors in which you could work but also it was a life time jon that i unftontly left to work alongside a family business.
decent place to work
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 January 2019
management are not forward thinkers they have meetings for the sake of it but no action is taken. therefore meaningless meetings.

the job itself is flexible and the people there are good to work with.
Summary
Acting Early Help Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loxley House6 December 2018
Being at work is extremely busy and lots of pressure due to budget cuts and the extra work load however I do enjoy pressure as it makes me work harder. I love my job but what I find difficult is that I have been acting up for such a long period of time and it is that insecurity of not knowing what month to the next if I will have a job or will go back to my substantive role as a family support worker
Casual and Worthwhile
Midday Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham4 December 2018
As this job was at the school i was studying, it was obviously easy to get to. The experience and pay were great! Would definitely recommend anyone to apply.
Fun job
Minibus Driver (Current Employee) –  Bilborough Nottingham7 November 2018
Having worked at NCC 5 yrs, l thouroughly enjoy my job, but due to changes in hours, lm likely to lose hours, its a good place to work and the colleagues are all friendly
Pros
Im on the road, l enjoy driving
Cons
Cant get any more hours to work
Neutral
ASA level 2 swim instructor and NPLQ lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 November 2018
Beechdale was a great place to work good community family spirit until different management came in and couldn't be arsed to send time sheets off on time to find on pay day you didn't get payed it took 7 months to get my money back and that was only because I had went to small claims court and filled the form out in front of them while we had the meeting they then sacked me because I went to the top order
Community Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire4 November 2018
Working here is good if not got any kind of personal commitments. There is not really any work life balance when part of the normal workforce. On the positive it is good if you like to be outdoors and dealing with all kinds of different issues and lots of time with members of the public including having a positive affect on children if going into schools to educate on things like stranger danger.
Pros
Meet lots of nice people
Cons
Late shifts
fast paced work enviroment
apprentice chef (Current Employee) –  Loxley house6 October 2018
A typical day at work is faced paced and hard work at times but who dosent enjoy a challenge and working with freindly staff for a large company like the council.
Pros
Lots of work available
Cons
Long working day, fairly high pressure
Fun place to work
Assistant cook (Current Employee) –  Nottingham5 October 2018
Brilliant company to work for great opportunity to move forwards in the catering section happy atmosphere busy day to day running but worth every minute when you receive positive results from school teachers and parents