Notaro Care Homes Employee Reviews

Would highly recommend
ARBD Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset26 April 2019
Whilst I only briefly worked for Notaro Homes, I had a very positive experience.
The staff were all very welcoming and 'showed me the ropes' so to speak. There were plenty of hours and overtime, and a really good work/life balance which allowed me to work around my family.
The only 'con' was the home manager at the time. I found them to be very unprofessional and not at all approachable.
I was sadly going through a very difficult time, to the point I probably should not have taken on the job in the first place, but the manager at the time wanted to brush it under the carpet, as opposed to either offering any kind of support, or terminating my contract - which is what should have happened in all honesty! I feel like she instigated a lot of issues in the home, between staff, and would often be overheard gossiping and causing tension between staff and even sometimes residents.
I left in the end, to sort my own issues out, but I have nothing but the upmost respect for the work they do, the training and opportunities they provide, and the support and care they give to their residents.
I have recommended them as employers to quite a few people, but have also recommend them as a care home to families I have dealt with in my new employment.
Pros
Excellent working environment, safe and secure, training, work uniform provided, Dbs
Cons
Previous care home manager
Very draining
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset12 April 2019
Very short staffed, high handed management, not what you would expect from this ' Show stopper' ! The pay was low and the workload was nigh on impossible !
Pros
Cons
Worried all the time about your work load
Avoid
Notaro care homes - Care assistant parkview (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset13 August 2018
My first job in care was working with notaro at parkview. Absolutely disgusting racial abuse heard between staff. Holding back wages. When following protocol management expected it to be broken to fit their needs. No training provided
Cons
Everthing
18 September 2018

Park View Care Home has not traded since 2006 over a decade ago. We are sorry to here these experiences. They in no way reflect practice or attitudes at Notaro Care Homes. Anybody is very welcome to visit our care homes to see for themselves and of course our inspection reports can be found on the CQC website.

Care assistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset3 April 2018
I worked for one of there nursing homes and felt I wasn’t apart of the team so I left on my third shift as didn’t feel welcome at all. The mangement was nice and friendly just certain staff I found extremely difficult to work with. The residents was lovely and friendly with me
Pros
Nice residents, a nice manager
Cons
Long hours in the day, needed more breaks, diffcult staff
18 September 2018

Thank you for letting us know your experience. We hope you have found a new position you are enjoying and wish you every success in the future. It's good to hear you had a friendly relationship with our management and residents. The managers try hard to build positive relationships with new members of staff so that any issues they may have can be quickly addressed.

Inconsistent, corrupt,
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset19 March 2018
The worst place I've ever worked. All about the profits, and less about the care. Terrible management. Terrible training. Terrible pay. Understaffed constantly. Terrible treatment of staff. Would advise anyone to rethink working for this company. One star rating is being more than generous.
Pros
A pension scheme
Cons
No support from management. Inconsistency. No meals, never paid on time, or right amount.
18 September 2018

Thank you for sharing this with us. We did face significant problems establishing a consistent staff team in our new home. Our quality performance manager is now based on site to oversee the establishment of the new management and help guide the future of the home in a positive direction. Recent reviews and comments from staff have been very encouraging.

Not the best
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater16 March 2018
Always short staffed, no help from management , poor wages for the work you are expected to do.
No follow ups upon starting employment.
Could be a great place with more staff and less moaning.
Pros
Great work colleagues, residents and families are a pleasure to talk to.
Cons
Disorganised, shortage of staff, long day shifts.
18 September 2018

Thank you very much for these comments. It's good to hear you had great work colleagues. We have been taking steps to overcome the challenges we faced establishing this new home and improve the organisation and teamwork. Staff have access to our Quality Performance Manager on site so any issues such as you have raised can be quickly and effectively addressed.

Can be challenging at times but rewarding at the same time.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset6 February 2018
It’s a good company with some good staff at the moment. There several training programs that you have to attend to which you have to repeat every 18 months to 2 years.
Pros
You get provided with a cooked dinner if you work day shifts and Drinks 24 hours
Cons
I can only do night shifts here due to the day shift hours starting times.
18 September 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to write your comments.
We are really pleased that you enjoy working at the home and have good team relationships. We wish you all the best.

Challenging but rewarding
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset6 September 2017
Is a good company but I want to change the job. I want something new, working in a new environment and with new people. I mention that I work with a good team and a good manager,but I think is time for a change.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Great team to work with and company
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Weston, UK8 February 2017
Shifts always went well and smoothly and the team was great to work with.Good company to work for and felt valued. there wasnt really any hard part of the job to be honest and the most enjoyable was satisfaction of a good shift and teamwork.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
location
18 September 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your time at N Notaro Homes Ltd; building strong team relationships and feeling valued.
We wish you all the best.

Great company to work for with excellent training opportunities.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare21 August 2016
I work as a care assistant for Notaro care homes. The job is hard work but very rewarding and there's always overtime if you want extra hours. Everyone has been very welcoming since I started. Problems are resolved professionally if you have any so I would recommend this company as an employer. The training I have received so far has been excellent.
Pros
Overtime if wanted
Cons
Job is what you make it.....
18 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We invest heavily in our staff so we are really pleased to read of all your positive experiences on working at N Notaro Homes Ltd.
We wish you all the best.

Great company to work for...
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Head Office - Weston-super-Mare21 July 2015
I have been working for Notaro for 4 years now and continue to grow and develop within my role.

I feel very supported working here and my thoughts, opinions and suggestions are always listened too. I would have no hesitation in recommending Notaro as an employer.