Norwood

Norwood Employee Reviews

Rewarding and satisfying Organization to work for. Norwood looks after Adults, Children and Families with disabilities I was part of the Finance Team at head office which are a very friendly and welcoming team. The work is fast paced and extremely busy
Great company Great Managers Great staff Great training Great food. Evironment is great for development Option to progress. Staff are kind and welcoming
I only worked with them for a summer, during the entire process they were entirely unhelpful with all of the facets of the project we were raising funds for
Great variety of work. Great company to work for friendly atmosphere and continuity of work with benifits such as company van and fuel card no hesitatiom on recommendation
I enjoyed working here, it is a caring loving environment where the children are at the focus of the mission. Not a day went by when I didn't smile - I do still smile.
Working involved helping customers, and generally around the shop. Shifts are typically 3 hours. Nothing particularly difficult about the job, just very simple tasks and day to day errands.
I apologise but seeing as I worked there over 17 years ago, I can't make any comments on this job as I have not much recollection. I do remember though that it was a very worthwhile and meaningful job - helping to educate children with learning disabilities.
A good friendly atmosphere where staff are often promoted from within the company giving good opportunities for career progression. An onsite café means that staff don't need to bring lunch however this is a Jewish organisation and no food is allowed onsite that isn't kosher if you work around the clients. In spite of the friendly atmosphere, the site in Wokingham Without is in a rural location where a car is essential due to the roads that must be used to travel there.
Pros
Career Progression
Cons
Rural Location
Two years flew by as the people and cause were so amazing. Never a dull moment.
I have gained skills and knowledge on how to support people with learning disabilites with their daily activities, to communicate and establish trust relationship to them and their family etc. Support them with their wishes and needs towards helping them to achieve as much independence as possible.Typical day at work would be busy from personal care to their activities but i find it enjoyable as I have been working with them for 7years. Hardest part of the job would be when short of staff. Co-workers work as a team making sure that the residents recieve the best quality of care.
Pros
one free meal in each shift
Cons
long hours but always given an hour break which is fair
I really enjoy working as a volunteer for this company, the Manager is a very friendly person and we all work well as a team in the back opening the bags that the people bring in and sorting the clothes. My main job is to steam the goods and make them look as presentable as possible. It is great to see the final result that make people want to buy the items. I doi not find anything about the job difficult as I like to have conversations with the shoppers too when I am at the front of the shop. I have also helped the manager dress the window picking up some of the outfits and putting them together. I always enjoy my hours while I am there.
Pros
tea and biscuits
Cons
i have none!!