Northumbria University

Northumbria University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom83 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Well-detailed job role. Good people to interact with and it's an amazing experience to work there. I thoroughly enjoy building relationships and helping others
Stage universitaire
Pour un stage de recherche universitaire le cadre étais parfait pour travailler
busy
A typical day is usually 9 till 5 with some sort of e Learning included. I like the team work involved in the course. However I am not as keen on the e Learning I prefer the practicals and lectures.
Fantastic University
I enjoyed my four years here as a student studying graphic design. The tutors were always available for advice and to give help whether it was with work or personal life. The environment is fun and friendly I never felt uncomfortable or unable to ask for help.
Pride and Interesting
Being chosen to be a student ambassador for Business with Accounting course at University, I was privileged to gather and communicate with my peers to analyse their views on their university experience and feedback to the headboard every couple of months. Being the student's voice was very rewarding and enhanced my communication and confidence to talk in front of larger audiences. It was sometimes quite challenging to get feedback off every peer, but the main improvements were communicated to me in order to raise potential actions to the board.
Pros
Recognition
Temporary contract
Worked in various departments within Northumbria University whilst studying as a student. Pay was always good and once done one job it opened more doors within them.
productive
great chance to communicate with different cultures and languages.
friendly work environment.

not much of the restriction while working

good salary

great experience to work in university
Fun workplace
It's a very good institution to work at especially as a student as they give importance to study time, as well as work. It allows for a balance and staff are really supportive.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Northumbria University?
Enjoyable and flexible but not sociable
I enjoyed it, it was a great job for research. The pay was fab. But it wasn't the most sociable job as a lot was done on your own, rather than in direct contact with others. Shared offices were ok, but they just meant that you were sometimes distracted by other people in the office having conversations or would get distracted into the conversations.
Pros
Pay, friendly colleagues
Cons
Draining at times
Productive and Fun
My day here was getting food ready for the students

I learnt how to work as a team at the busiest time of the day.

The job was not hard, different cultures made the job interesting and enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no cons
Productive Work Environment
In this internship position, I am given alot of free reign with my teams and alot of the responsibility relies on me to make sure they succeed. The gym is small but the amount of creativity and functionality I get to have with my teams is very fun.
Fun Workplace
You have a rough idea about what to expect but on the days of work, there is always a hint of fun and this makes the day even better. Great colleagues and peoples to meet.
Good set of girls to work with
Overall good place to work, with willing and able staff to point you in the right direction when needed to ask questions.
Sometimes hard keeping up with everything going on but a good atmosphere.
Pros
Flexi-time
Not a fair or friendly enviroment.
My experience started good but as time went on there were a lot of changes which in my opinion did not support each individual employee.in certain area's the workload was not shared out equally.
It is a great university, would recommend to anyone
One of the best decision of my life. I learned a lot there, the people were amazing and friendly, the city is beautiful and the cost of living is absolutely sublime.
Student
I was a student for 3 years at Northumbria University and I studied primary teaching. I received a BA hons education degree 2:1 and was able to learn how to become a primary teacher.
Poor University
Northumbria University is full of outstanding academic and support staff but is constantly cost cutting and restructuring due to a failure in the organisations strategy and incompetent leadership.
I was a student, I did not work at Northumbria University
I cannot review Northumbria University as I was a student not an employee.
As a university, they are fabulous. I imagine they would be great to work for and would happily be an employee of theirs.
Productive workplace
A one day voluntary application. Worked alongside fellow students to guide applicants around and provide a friendly helpful service. Skills I learnt was how to negotiate as part of a team and answering any queries as well as keeping on my feet all day. Most enjoyable part was helping applicants out and building confidence as well as skills.
Pros
Free lunch
Great opportunities
I got this job as a part time research assistant working with PhD students, it was great to work at such a high level and be treated as part of a team
Pros
Flexi time, working from home
Driven, and professional
Managers here are driven to meet high performance standards. They are always positive and professional. A new corporate strategy announced Jul18 for 2018-2023 proposes a change of focus from elite performance to widening participation. Poor morale and uncertainly is currently a symptom of the paradigm shift.
Pros
Health and Wellbeing a key focus
Cons
Casual contract
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northumbria University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2