Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Northumbria Healthcare
Enquiry Referral Co-ordinator Band 4 (Current Employee) –  Bedlington, Northumberland16 September 2018
Great deal of emphasis on meeting KPI's.

Can be very stressful.

Rewarding in that you are helping people every day.

Good opportunities to go on secondments or shadow other roles.
Pros
Training
Cons
Can be stressful
Amazing Responsibilities, high work load
General Management trainee (Former Employee) –  Northumbria21 August 2018
I was given fantastic opportunities and responsibilities at the NHS which was great for my career progression and helped me to learn quickly. Due to the nature of public sector businesses, the work load was big and sometimes unachievable. That being said, the work home life balance is great.
Exemplifies the NHS
Head of Research & Development (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear22 July 2018
I am being given full flexibility to exercise my management and leadership skills to a positive end.
I have been allowed to be creative in new initiatives to support cost saving ventures and have achieved this in a very short time scale.
Pros
Security
Cons
Lack of recognition for this who work really hard
IT Department
IT Worker (Current Employee) –  North Tyneside, Tyne and Wear25 April 2018
Lots of good work produced that help digitise departments and speed up services which improves patient care.
Poor management, lack of investment in staff and resources.
Self taught as no training courses provided.
Pros
Good work produced to improve patient care.
Cons
Poor management, poor pay and conditions, lack of investment in staff
Amazing Place to work
Data & Voice Network Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear25 March 2018
I worked in North tyneside General Hospital for around two years. really enjoyed alot working in NTGH. mostly start work at 8:30 in the morning and finish around 5 in the evening. working on Always on project was the best experience I have ever had. A better workplace to learn and enjoy the different culture people. The hardest part is always feel better to resolve the issues and I really enjoy that as you always learn to resolve the issues to find the best way to serve your customers.
Pros
Learning, Achievements
Cons
some time we have to do out of hour work which I don't find as a Cons.
enjoyable
Theatre Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ashington, Northumberland2 November 2017
I do really enjoy work for northumbria healthcare nhs trust. Staff are friendly and everyone is working hard for our patients. We do our best to give our patients high quality care.
High standards that are valued and adhered to.
Specialist screening practioner (Current Employee) –  Royal victoria infirmary15 August 2017
A well structured and successful trust. Excellently managed and with positive and successful outcomes and results. The trust is fair with staff. The care given is all structured around the patients we are there to provide a service for. Regular meetings and support intervals with staff and managers. The service is open and transparent. An excellent CQC report. Staff feel valued and respected. The trust is very proud of it's values and the staff uphold these at all times. I am proud to be part of such a successful and well run organisation. I have been happy working for Northumbria health care nhs trust.
Pros
Car scheme
Cons
Parking
good employer
Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Tyneside, Tyne and Wear14 July 2017
good employer fair working conditions and agenda for change pay scale. Staff canteen reasonably priced and food good. This is a very friendly place to work.
Excellent place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Northumbria5 July 2017
Feel cared for as a member of staff, good opportunity to progress. Patient first ethos shines through the layers to the shop floor. Outstanding trust to work for.
Overall very welcoming and accommodating
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wansbeck District, Northumberland10 June 2017
A structured routine of database, filing and postal duties.
When working here I learned about time management and prioritising workloads.
The management were overall very supportive with my training requirements.
The culture of the workplace was relaxed but hardworking.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with constantly changing regulations.
I most enjoyed working alongside friendly and helpful colleagues.
Pros
Flexible hours, and a decent training structure
Cons
Distance to travel from home.
Over worked understaffed
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 June 2017
Too much pressure not enough staff
No support from management
No benefits
No work satisfaction
Stress
No work/family balance
No progression
Poor resources for staff and patients
Pros
Nice team
Cons
No support
Great team at Short Term Support Service
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland26 April 2017
Excellent team to work with, client focused rehab, Good team spirit and everyone is very helpful to their colleagues. Close work ethic with Care planners.
Nice building to work in, close to Berwick station.
Good Place of Work
Patient Experience Support Officer (Current Employee) –  North Shields, Tyne and Wear25 November 2016
Northumbria Healthcare is a great place to work. There are many staff benefits and everyone is very friendly. Definitely put patients first in all they do.
Great Place To Work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 September 2016
Management was great, also were my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was of course being there for my patients.
Friendly place to work
Business Administration Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Northumberland8 September 2016
I have learned many new skills while completing my apprenticeship with the NHS and could not have done it without the team i worked with. My team were amazing and are now like a family to me, they were so welcoming from the beginning and were always there to help out whenever i needed it. The hardest part of the job was probably doing things that were out of my comfort zone, but looking back it was good for me as i have gained so much confidence and so many skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely being able to work with such amazing, talented individuals and learning so many new skills/
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Poor Apprentice Pay
Excellent
Health Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  North tyneside general hospital4 August 2015
Lovely people to work with and for, would happily work there again. Very friendly and great learning opportunities. Booking patients in, appointments, answering calls, general reception duties
Well established
Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Morpeth, ENG3 July 2015
Northumbria Healthcare is a well established organisation.
I worked in a back office function working typical office hours as part of a large team.
Salary was very good, generous annual leave and flexi leave entitlement.
Throughout my employment I gained a lot of experience and skills and valuable vocational training and qualifications
Pros
Salary, annual leave and flexi time.
Very enjoyable and interesting
Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Shields, ENG17 June 2015
Was my first office job. Loved this place as the company was great and the people very help full and interested in your development.

This was a training consultancy firm was was very rewarding when trainees completed their training.
An amazing experience
Business Admin Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 April 2015
As an apprentice for the NHS I joined the web development department, before I started I had no idea how to create websites. Or even what computer languages were. Though with the support of my colleagues and my manager, I am now able to code websites and I now know what I want to do for my job in the future.

Whilst I was there I was given multiple projects to work on in a team or individually, through the sweat and determination I was able to create applications with the support of my co-workers.

P.S
Best working experience I've had!
Pros
Caring Colleagues
Cons
Apprenticeship Wage
Busy place to work.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Shields, ENG6 January 2015
Although a busy place to work, they are leaders in Orthopaedic surgery and Emergency Medicine. The hardest part is not being able to get away on time and having to do lots of training in your own time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I have come into contact with over the years and the skills that I have learnt.
Pros
Emergency care good.
Cons
Not finishing on time and no time given back