Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
Good employer
Good employer, friendly atmosphere, good training, supportive management and a number of jobs to apply for once training has been completed...……………...
Productive and fun workplace
During my 16 month work placement at Northumbria Healthcare Trust I thoroughly enjoyed and its the best place that I have worked!! The team that I worked with were nice and friendly they made me feel part of a team and management were very supportive too I worked in a fast paced environment always work to be done!! from learning a new finance system , training team members, problem solving. I had a varied role whilst working there and its been a great experience for me .
A great collaborative place to work
Loved my time in a variety of roles and regret leaving. Supportive culture and excellent patient care. Recognition for hard work and values are apparent
Pros
Recogbition of work
Cons
Large organisation
Benefits aplenty
Good pay, fair amount of annual leave. Lease cars available. Flexible working possible. Staff discounts at lots of shops and websites. Highly rated NHS trust
Poorly paid
At a band 5 the salary is very low for the accountability and responsibility held within post.
I am shocked that qualified staff are so poorly paid and have years of student debt for so little remuneration.

I am truly appalled at the interview process and that this does not focus on your strengths only on how well you remember all parts to the interview questions and and how quickly you can think on your feet. This model of interview is not for those of advancing years and affected by the fog they call the menopause.

It is unfair and discriminatory to those who fit the above category or suffer from some form of mental illness and have memory lapses but know there field exceptionally well.

Years of experience and nothing to show for it.

Not a chance of advancement due to interview process.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs. breaks too close together. Poor pay. Have to pay to park.
Too much bullying.
I left because of bullying on the ward and no support from management. They were very clicky and not helpful at all. It was like being in a school yard.
Felt proud to have worked here
Very busy, loved the job and flexible as I booked when and where I wanted to work. Worked across many wards, nice staff. Management seemed good, very appreciative of my help. Workplace culture seemed nice, difficult to give a true perspective as I never got into ward politics as I worked across so many areas. I guess the downside to bank work is you never settle into a team but that can often be a plus because you're just there to provide top quality care without the ward politics. I never found this job dissatisfying, I enjoyed supporting the nursing staff as they said my help was always appreciated. The pay was very good. The hospital had just opened and were adjusting, they did very well and I have always felt proud to have worked there.
Productive and staff are friendly
Great job, lovely people who work there. Really grew as a person at medical records devloped alot of skills and even gained new ones that I didnt think i had.
Toxic, Awful Environment
The worst job I have ever had.
Toxic culture.

Hierarchical staff.

Band 5’s will only speak to band 5’s!

Flexitime is advertised but actually non existent.

No employee benefits.

Horrendous pay!

Zero progression!

Sign into work everyday with your fingerprint; you must do so when starting, going for lunch and leaving.

Awful environment.

Lack of trust.

Bring your own tea/ milk/ sugar/ mug/ cutlery/ bowl.

Just an awful, awful environment!
Ok but little prospects
Very little prospects within the nhs especially with this trust office employment.
Work is enjoyable rewarding and fast paced just no future f9r the majority of staff
Watching your back all the time
I work with this Trust for 10 years with no blemish records, appraisals says no concern, asked them if can go for training to do what training you want with no guidance and direction. If staff is racially abuse, hurt, fill IR1 form all the time, with NO support from the management, No thank you from the management how hard you work, long hours and always short of staff. I will never work with this Trust again. I feel discriminated the way they handle complaint for me even though I am not there and I have been admitted to Cramlington myself suffering from gallbladder for months awaiting for my operation. Never trust any of your work colleagues. They treat you like a criminal.
Pros
Free Christmas lunch for all the staff in December
Cons
Long hours and short of staff
Not a very nice place to work
Poor management, a blame game. Constant chest pain at the thought I'd done something wrong. I came to this role confident in myself and leaving with none of that anymore.

Some aspects of the job were nice, the people I worked with were great and supportive. Unfortunately, we are all in the same boat and have been whittled down so much that we struggle to stick up for ourselves.
avoid
Worked for NHCFT for 5 long years, worse job experience I have ever had. Poor management, no career progression, continuous restructuring so no feeling of job security.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Good Trust
Since qualifying I have always worked for Northumbria NHS Foundation Trust. I have always felt supported by the Trust and believe they offer great job security.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours due to staff shortages
Northumbria Healthcare
Great deal of emphasis on meeting KPI's.

Can be very stressful.

Rewarding in that you are helping people every day.

Good opportunities to go on secondments or shadow other roles.
Pros
Training
Cons
Can be stressful
Amazing Responsibilities, high work load
I was given fantastic opportunities and responsibilities at the NHS which was great for my career progression and helped me to learn quickly. Due to the nature of public sector businesses, the work load was big and sometimes unachievable. That being said, the work home life balance is great.
Exemplifies the NHS
I am being given full flexibility to exercise my management and leadership skills to a positive end.
I have been allowed to be creative in new initiatives to support cost saving ventures and have achieved this in a very short time scale.
Pros
Security
Cons
Lack of recognition for this who work really hard
IT Department
Lots of good work produced that help digitise departments and speed up services which improves patient care.
Poor management, lack of investment in staff and resources.

Self taught as no training courses provided.
Pros
Good work produced to improve patient care.
Cons
Poor management, poor pay and conditions, lack of investment in staff
Amazing Place to work
I worked in North tyneside General Hospital for around two years. really enjoyed alot working in NTGH. mostly start work at 8:30 in the morning and finish around 5 in the evening. working on Always on project was the best experience I have ever had. A better workplace to learn and enjoy the different culture people. The hardest part is always feel better to resolve the issues and I really enjoy that as you always learn to resolve the issues to find the best way to serve your customers.
Pros
Learning, Achievements
Cons
some time we have to do out of hour work which I don't find as a Cons.
enjoyable
I do really enjoy work for northumbria healthcare nhs trust. Staff are friendly and everyone is working hard for our patients. We do our best to give our patients high quality care.
High standards that are valued and adhered to.
A well structured and successful trust. Excellently managed and with positive and successful outcomes and results. The trust is fair with staff. The care given is all structured around the patients we are there to provide a service for. Regular meetings and support intervals with staff and managers. The service is open and transparent. An excellent CQC report. Staff feel valued and respected. The trust is very proud of it's values and the staff uphold these at all times. I am proud to be part of such a successful and well run organisation. I have been happy working for Northumbria health care nhs trust.
Pros
Car scheme
Cons
Parking
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location