Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 3,855 reviews
Distrust, Non supportive, Blame culture
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire13 January 2018
Management scared to take responsibility,make a decision. Prone to blaming workers in the lower ranks than be accountable. There is no real management! Not sure what is your HR file!

Typical day at work is watching your back. Hardest part of the job is doing the job as there is not much support and the culture. Enjoyable part of the job is I get to go home.

Can't trust the people.
Pros
Industry
Cons
Management & Culture
Stuffy and Old
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 August 2017
Very old style of doing business, lot of waste - time, effort. Lack of joined up thinking, working in Silos. German team is outstanding but not given enough credit.
Good place to work, good people
Commissioning Manager (Current Employee) –  London9 April 2017
I have enjoyed being part of the QEC project. Working with NGSM has providec good exposure to interesting challenges and different business functions.
Pros
Good experience.
Cons
Hectic schedule
Experimental and unenthusiastic
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire31 January 2017
Worked with a lot of different technologies in the development stack, unfortunately not many developers with strong interests in learning new technologies,
Pros
Very open environment, occasional pizza party
Cons
Unenthusiastic developers
Lack of supervision
Cyber Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  London4 July 2016
Poor management and supervision. promises were made which were not delivered. Northrop Grumman has a rich history but yet to establish itself in the UK hence the poor management.
Pros
Opportunities to progress
Cons
Poor management
great
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  London27 April 2016
nice place to work with great professionals wiling to help you in case of need, it was really nice to work there. good company, good people
Challenging and rewarding
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, UK21 August 2015
No typical day. One minute I would be solving customer problems and the next I would be planning, scheduling and performing ;42 server upgrades,
Pros
Fun, fast paced and satisfaction
Cons
favoritism
My short term worked for Northrop Grumman was carrying out Low level design (LLD) work
Network Architect Design (Former Employee) –  Southampton9 June 2014
• Typical day’s work would be to carry out Low Level Design (LLD) Architectural Design for NATO Intrusion Detection Protection systems (IDPS), which incorporate the complete End To End design of their Fibre Network, IP, SDH, DWDM and core networks.
• In this role I learned a lot due to the variance of technological applications that are carried out in the field
• No management duties were required in this role. The only management carried duties carried out was work load and time.
• Co-worker are very friendly and co-operative, always willing to share their knowledge to those who are less knowledgeable in the field that they are experts in.
• I find that the hardest thing about this job was to collate the require information from some departments due to their hours and distance that they worked from.
• Due to my love of technology I find all section of this role enjoyable; from start to finish.
Pros
There are no pros in this role, due to the size of the location. No restaurant or cafeteria on site.
Cons
the distance that I had to travel everyday, didn't make life easy at all.