My short term worked for Northrop Grumman was carrying out Low level design (LLD) work
Network Architect Design (Former Employee) – Southampton – 9 June 2014
• Typical day’s work would be to carry out Low Level Design (LLD) Architectural Design for NATO Intrusion Detection Protection systems (IDPS), which incorporate the complete End To End design of their Fibre Network, IP, SDH, DWDM and core networks.
• In this role I learned a lot due to the variance of technological applications that are carried out in the field
• No management duties were required in this role. The only management carried duties carried out was work load and time.
• Co-worker are very friendly and co-operative, always willing to share their knowledge to those who are less knowledgeable in the field that they are experts in.
• I find that the hardest thing about this job was to collate the require information from some departments due to their hours and distance that they worked from.
• Due to my love of technology I find all section of this role enjoyable; from start to finish.
There are no pros in this role, due to the size of the location. No restaurant or cafeteria on site.
the distance that I had to travel everyday, didn't make life easy at all.