Northgate Vehicle Hire

Northgate Vehicle Hire Employee Reviews

United Kingdom157 reviews
It’s an okay place to work good stepping stone but defiantly not for long term, pay
Isn’t very good for the work you do and mangers that can’t mange there staff
Probably the best company in UK to work as a technician.
Great environment great people the less stressfull working place I have ever find in UK.
Pros
Low stress environment great people
Cons
Payments
Loved every minute , Great place met some great people and learnt some great Skills . Really good company some brilliant systems set up with I.T and Hr felt very supported .
No interest in people and a very aggressive approach to all staffing issues great place to hire a car or buy a van But as an employee it’s a horrible hostile place to work
Manager was a BULLY. When reported to their Line Manager was laughed at and was discriminated against having a Disability.
Don't give their staff credit for long time service and working above and beyond contracted hours
Great people work here facing a number of difficult challenges, most people want to do the right thing, which is not always easy when there is a large amount of change
In all it’s a good company to work for you know where you stand the branch manager is supporting and approachable
Would recommend working for north gate
Very poor company I ever work for no proper training for any staff also quick to get rid of staff with no proper procedures followed also senior manager didn’t even help with staff
Be on time
Don’t be late

Keep on working what ever the weather

Everyone gets on

Everyone has a laugh

Get 1 hour lunch break

50 each day for 6 hours
Started off very good, I moved here to reap the benefits and pay also because you got to accumulate extra days holiday after 2 years. Ended up with holidays capped after the 2 years service, there is no progression once they get their claws into you. Management team are a bunch of kids who try to bully employees. Racism seems to be tolerated, as I was told by 1 of the managers that the odd ra izt remark is expected. I had just complained about it to him and it was swept under the carpet!!.
The company is a ok company to work for as long as you keep quiet and your head down. After about 6 months you realise that you are just a number to them and they let you know you can be replaced easy. If you have any idea to improve the company, don't speak out! You will be labelled a trouble maker and told to shut up by senior management. The staff turnover is very very high!!
Avoid at all costs, unless you're a glutton for poor management, long hours, unprofessional leaders. Toxic environment. Low paid staff working in poor conditions earning poor wages.
I work in a fast paced environment, time goes by so quickly, the office is friendly and the colleagues I work with are all supportive of each other, regardless of the role, they have.
Working 8:30 to 18:00 on a bank holiday is wrong should be closed. No extra pay, just time off in lieu if your lucky. You only get one life don’t waste your bank holidays at northgate. A very poor company car scheme told its a job car and be greatful, hang on a minute you have given me a so called pull car that is falling apart and smells of dog and smoke!! I am paying tax on the new list price this is not a new car.
I worked my hardest for this place above and beyond my work experience never missed a day but they still treated u like rubbish and walked all over u they sacked me over lies that another worker made up Stay Away
Great place to work. Friendly management and staff. On site training, a different day every day. Job variation. I was called on number of occasions to work in different areas. Shame I was made redundant.
The role is always interesting, you must deal with the customers on a daily basis, helping them maintain a road worthy fleet by booking their services
Pros
Good Atmosphere, friendly team, job progression
Cons
PROS: Great place to work and time goes by quickly. Enjoyable role driving all kinds of vans. Pay is good if you're getting paid to just do what's on your contract. Majority of staff are easy to talk to and get along with. Small team so you feel valued.

CONS: Branch manager doesn't listen/care to staff. False promises by branch manager. You are told at times "that you can be easily replaced" and the feeling is felt amongst the drivers. High staff turnover. Gossiping and lies. Complaints not heard. Roles and overtime forced onto you with little notice. Untrustworthy branch manager. You could do everything right, have 1 error and he will still leave you hanging dry.
The work/life balance is terrible, You get little to no support from the managers. No overtime pay, expect to be unappreciated.
The management puts enormous amount of pressure on you with giving backup.

Only ever expect negative feedback.
great Place to work, amazing support from any branch if you need help, staff are really helpful, so glad I made the decision to move to Northgate I am very happy here I have a great work/personal life balance.
Great home/work life balance. Fun environment and great teamwork. Ability to learn new skills.
Progression path is clear to work towards.

Able to go to different branches and meet new people/ colleagues.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northgate Vehicle Hire. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8