Northgate Public Services Employee Reviews

Worst Management!
prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire1 April 2019
No management, the managers are unaware of employees. There is no empathy what so ever. There are zero changes to grow or polish your skills. A typical day at NPS is long and tiring with no productivity or growth.
Pros
Good life work balance, flexibilty
Bilingual Eligibility Advisor and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool3 March 2019
A typical day is to cover different areas, 4 departments with calls and admin tasks, management helps all the time with any queries that I can't handle it, colleagues are willing to help if are not busy.
The hardest part of the job is to handle difficult clients specially when you don't have the answer they want. .
I enjoy the admin task like payments decisions.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Salary
Avoid at all costs - Terrible, really really terrible
Benefits Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool13 February 2019
Home working element seemed good at the time but you are a slave to the massive demands that are placed on you.
Do yourself a favour and choose a different company to work for. Take it from me you will not regret it.
Pros
None at all
To Management
No job (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 February 2019
They are a waste of time. Invite people to two-day interviews and then just tell you that you are unwanted to see(I can not even imagine what it means. No explanation. After all, everyone is worth the normal and logical explanation. In order to learn from mistakes). Low speaking culture. Managers need to learn about culture. And don't waste peoples time.
Pros
don't know
Cons
don't know
n/a
Senior Management Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead18 September 2018
company is good. have currently been taken over by a japanese conglomerate so future looks promising with lots of opportunities in the pipeline to come
FANTASTIC - Unique place to work where you can really make a difference
Customer support (Current Employee) –  Nottingham27 April 2018
Northgate are totally different from other big public service providers who leach money out of tax payers with their bureaucracy and red tape! Working hear you are part of a dynamic team who will make a real difference to the lives of anyone using a public service Northgate are involved with.

Friendly working environment where there is a real family feel amongst the employees and team members looking out for one another.
Pros
Good salary and career progression
Great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire27 April 2018
The work culture is really great, flexible working from home and nice people willing to help everywhere great people.

Really enjoying the chance to work on great, challenging projects with an excellent opportunity to deliver great work to the UK public sector and really make a difference.

Everybody helps each other, at all levels.

A great group of hard working colleagues
Pros
Great flexibility and benefits.
Best job so far...
2nd Line Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire27 April 2018
I've been with NPS for 4 years, 2 of which were spent in the end user support team and the other 2 years spent on the 2nd line application support team - both great roles with lots of responsibilities. I have progressed in my current role due to my hard work and positive attitude towards work. I am now a highly valued member of an incredibly busy team . You must have a strong work ethic to work here and be prepared to pull your weight. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the incredibly tight SLAs - especially out of hours. however, you are rewarded with a good salary and decent benefits - Flexible homeworking is encouraged when required and you are treated as an adult which is more than can be said for other companies I have worked for... I can highly recommend NPS to anyone considering a role here.
Pros
Homeworking offered when required
Cons
Out of hours support
A good company to work for with helpful and supportive staff.
Support (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom27 April 2018
A good company to work for with helpful and supportive staff.

A number of changes have been made in the last 18 months which have really improved the company as a whole, with Northgate winning many new contracts within public services as a result.

There's also a good range of flexible benefit options available to employees.
Interesting place to work
Snr Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire27 April 2018
Have worked here for well over 10 years in various tech & leadership roles in the Police IT sector.
Have been through many cultural changes over the years as the company is built from acquisitions, and each subdivision still operates autonomously.
Technical knowledge is highly valued here, and the Police work is almost uniquely interesting and rewarding. There is opportunity for advancement, and is a fantastic environment for learning new skills.

It's a good equal opportunities employer, all demographics are welcome, and the HR department are good and fair.
We work with Indian-based partners, who sometimes visit us for short periods and enrich the cultural diversity.
It's not a 9-5 environment, due to the workload, but homeworking is generally accepted and trusted.
Pros
Exciting & Interesting work
Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Home27 April 2018
Exciting times at the moment since the purchase by NEC with a great future due to some big contract wins.

I've worked for NPS for 13 years. Not once have I felt the need to look elsewhere.

Hard work is rewarded with opportunities to progress. This can mean long hours on some occasions, but it is definitely worth it. I feel like I am helping the company to succeed.

The ability for me to work from home is a great benefit but obviously this would not be the case for all roles.

The culture is great and within my team it feels like everyone supports each other. This is very important to me.
Great to work for a company that actually adds value to society
Developer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire26 April 2018
NPS is a challenging but hugely rewarding place to work. There is a really strong work ethic in the areas where I have worked and the recent senior management changes have really revitalised the business.

Best of all is that I am working for a company that creates products that make a big difference to the how effective and productive UK public services are.
Rewarding Job with great prospects for good people
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire26 April 2018
Have worked at NPS for a number of years and really enjoy working there. The environment is very good and there are a lot of really professional people who really support new people joining.

Northgate is a great place for anyone who enjoys a new challenge every day and likes to work in a dynamic environment.

The management culture is very supportive and the benefits are very good and allow you to tailor them to suit your needs.

Throughout my employment at NPS it has been very clear that anyone who has a great work ethic and takes pride in their role will be recognised and will progress within the company.

In summary, a really good employer who are undertaking a lot of positive changes that is demonstrated by the good working atmosphere
Pros
Enjoyable work and challenging in a positive way
Worst place i've worked by far.
Mug (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool28 February 2018
I have been passionate for IT for many years and I was so keen to get back into it after a few years out. Well, I wish I didnt. Probably one of THE WORST places I have ever worked. If you weren't part of the 'clique' you weren't getting anywhere.

Employees are pushed to their absolute limits and are expected to do anything and everything. They pile on the workload whilst the majority of their staff are off sick. The people who are actually GOOD at their jobs suffer because of the people who couldn't care less. Yet they still have their jobs. The managers appreciate nothing. Never once praise you, but so help me if you do one thing wrong you get numerous emails/messages about it. Even for the most minor things.

On a positive note, I absolutely loved my work colleagues, they are some of the most down to earth people I have met. The management on the other hand, are rubbish. I could manage the place better with my eyes closed.
Pros
The friends I made.
Cons
The cliques, peoples attitude. All of the below.
Quite liked it
Apprentice Knowledge Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham14 December 2017
The work environment was great. The people are all friendly. Nothing bad to say about here at all. If the opportunity arose, i would definitely apply here again.
Terrible
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead6 December 2017
terrible management, Work politics, no pay rise, lack of communication. No Job incentives, Lack of motivation. Management do not set a good example. No real relationships formed outside of work
Great employer offering flexible working
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham18 October 2017
Lots of recent changes have really made a big difference to the companies direction of travel.

Open and honest communication from the top which makes every level feel included and responsible for success.

Northgate is winning lots of new contracts and retaining current contracts which makes it a really great place to work.

I have been here 10 over years now and I have have felt really supported during that time.

Northgate supported me by offering home and flexible working when I had my child and that was really important as I feel I have a great work-life balance.
Pros
Engagement from the top and flexibility
Cons
None!
A good company going through significant change
Services Director (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire26 July 2017
Recent challenges to the business have resulted in a change in senior management and significant change within the business. The Services division has been closed and the remaining services moved into the business lines or into the central IT function.
Data Analyst and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alderley Edge, Cheshire1 June 2017
I have an awesome manager who is caring and very understanding.
She is helpful and she easy to approach. She is trustful. She is the best manager that I have worked with in a very long time.
Pros
I work alone
Cons
I work alone
Northgate shambes
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire13 May 2017
NORTHGATE take over public services cut staff to bone , decimate the service - put in automation that is totally ineffective
Manipulate targets and service delivery and invest nothing in staff training
The salary is appalling and they employ apprentices at minimum or apprenticeship wage without giving them the training promised
Customer service is a busy job that requires proper training and knowledge but this just does not happen
Apprentices are used and exploited as cheap labour - staff turnover is high and morale low
AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Cons
Low pay zero training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northgate Public Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Northgate Public Services Reviews by Location