Northern Employee Reviews

typical camp job
Pipeline insulator (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB19 July 2018
I learned a lot on this job. i was also given the opportunity to advance through my employment during the time that i was employed by this company. overall i was happy
Not to great
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rankin Inlet, NU28 January 2018
The typical day was decent in a small town customers where friendly. Learned a lot about culture and running a department in a difficult region of the country. Management isn't the best on all levels support is lacking. Toxic. Keeping supplies. Getting to know people in the community.
great workplace
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Office9 August 2017
Was great place to work. The people I worked with all worked well together. Every patient was treated with respect and made to feel that they were respected.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Doctor retired
Very good place to work but no home life
Manager, Finance and Administration (Former Employee) –  Island Lake, MB30 June 2017
Found this company to be excellent to work with (with the exception of a couple of managers, but thats to be expected anywhere), the job was very enjoyable and the pay was decent just couldnt hack being away from home a year at a time, I can understand that they could not send people from such remote areas back and forth very often but I would have stayed and worked till retirement if they had given me the option to go home at least once every 3 months.
Pros
Very enjoyable job
Cons
too long away from home
need a better job
Meat department (Current Employee) –  Arviat, NU22 June 2017
i kinda dont like my job right now lol i stock meat and produce for the company, and carry-out. hardest part of the job is waking up and go to work that i dont like lol
Pros
nothing
Cons
i dont like working at a store
Productive and fun to be stocking goods
Nightshift (Former Employee) –  Rankin inlet27 March 2017
I miss working In the back because I would move a lot and bring goods to the front. Fun job to do, watch over at nights if anyone would break in. Made sure foods were stacked properly
Great Cause, Great Activities
Residential Trainer (Former Employee) –  Powell, WY10 August 2016
I always felt like I was hanging out with the people I was watching. There were many opportunities to do fun things with the participants. Management was a little weak when it came to supporting the workers but although they were slow to react, they did want to help.
Productive environment
Acting (Former Employee) –  Kisangani, DRC31 May 2016
on the field
contacts with customers
full management experience
happy to add customers
diplomatic strategy of signing contracts
happy to perform the work
Great place for work.
Insulator Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
It works in an environment of respect, co-workers are supportive and feel a good energy. The hardest part is that it works with hazardous fibers and the most enjoyable is to share with people from differnt cultures.
Pros
Two breacks
Cons
Four months in layoff
Good overall experience
Plumbing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB9 May 2016
Very organized business. I learned to work well with a team. Management worked well with my needs. This job was not too hard. Most enjoyable part of the job was the long hours and being active in my work.
Pros
Cons
Work slowed down
productive fun workplace with blackjack
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fargo, ND8 February 2016
Fellow employees show respect and are often very helpful and attentive. Management worked around my schedule depending on my availability.
Amazing envorinment
Residential Trainer (Former Employee) –  Powell, WY13 November 2014
Loved working for this growing company. Working with developmental disabled individuals is something to be proud of. Not only do you learn more and more about the people you work with, you also learn about your self and who you are. Providing encouragement to those that need it on a constant level, yet demonstrating the skills that each person needs to be successful in his or her life, is amazing. I would work there again.
Nice place to start as Director of IT
Vice President of Technology Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA28 February 2014
Earned promotion following successful tenure as Systems Administrator to deploy multi-platform infrastructure for this subsidiary of Extendicare Healthcare Services, one of the largest Long Term Care providers within the U.S. Advanced to oversee the administration, enhancement and optimization of LAN/WAN infrastructure; development and rollout of key applications; and optimal support to users with all hardware, software and networking issues.
Pros
Nice people small size company
benefits
Different experience.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT27 August 2013
Waitressing was a good challenge. You have to make sure you get orders quickly and promptly.
i loved this job also
Certified Nursing Assitant (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WI3 July 2013
I took care of the residents personal cares. that would inclued bathing, feeding, and make sure they are happy. If the resident had a job to go to we would go with incase they would need some assistance. i would also get to know what they would like and not like. and when they would have a bad day i would read to them. played catch to them.
Pros
loved the hours and loved the residents
Cons
very high risk of getting hurt
Quiet work area
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gods Lake Narrows, MB18 June 2013
i learned how to properly pump gas, it was easy to work around there due to the quietness, unloading frieght was tough but always worked out in the end
Productivity
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kuujjuaq, QC10 October 2012
Learned the varies procedures as to how to take something and putting it in its' proper place. Management was good, knew when we needed breaks. Working with others was good with good interactions and communication. Hardest part of the job was heavy lifting.
Pros
interaction with customers
Cons
heavy lifting
Productivity with many workers
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kuujjuaq, QC10 October 2012
I stocked shelves and helped customers who needed to find a certain product. There were many workers like me at the time and I thought that the management was great directing everyone.
Pros
discounts
Cons
heavy lifting