Northern Trust Corp. Employee Reviews

Intriguing
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London22 March 2018
Worked in work experience under one of the CEO's and was honestly one of the best work experience that i could have asked for, it gave me such an insight on the day to day running's of a corporate organisation, from cheque clearing to data entry, would defiantly work there again after completion of my degree if given the opportunity.
Pros
Pay, Job Responsibilities, Friendly environment in Office
Cons
Difficult to reach on public transport, long Hours
Vice President Change Management OTC Derivatives (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2018
Great place to work and an excellent place to learn and expand your career. The pace isn’t break neck but gives you ample stimulation and opportunities to better yourself and further your career
Pros
Excellent work life balance
Cons
A limit to your progression as managers tend to stick around
Great workplace
Senior Client Service Representative - GFS (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London4 February 2018
I initially worked in income at NT, but through Client meetings there and networking I secured a job as a Client Service Representative, it was the best transition I made. I absolutely loved the team I worked in, it was incredibly demanding but I got a real joy working for my Clients there.
Custody Administrator (Former Employee) –  London30 October 2017
They care for their staff and the work/life balance is good. A down to earth company with friendly employees and a good level of training provided regularly.
A good place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London5 October 2017
A great place to work with very friendly people. As a young employee I believe the firm is very supportive and aims to develop individuals to progress in their careers.
Pros
Friendly environment
Contracting as a Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 September 2017
A supportive inclusive management team providing a good work life balance environment.Was able to further my knowledge of Collateral Process and regulatory impacts of Uncleared Margin Rules.
Digital (Former Employee) –  London, UK12 June 2017
Long hours worked in role
Good line management and enjoyable team
Company as a whole and senior members of HR have poor ethics and no employee loyalty
Pros
Good team
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London2 June 2017
I spent 28 enjoyable years at Northern Trust before the Accounts Payable role was offshored but besides this Northern takes care of its employees in that it has a great code of ethics, diversity and always encourages career progression through training. It holds a volunteering programme whereby employees can give their time to local charities/organisations. My typical day at work was getting down to business with a fantastic group of people who practically managed themselves, so although our days were very busy we all shared some of the problems that may arise throughout the day. Northern encourages employees to think outside the box to come up with ideas that will assist in your every day duties, they have a recognition programme that both management and partners can use to nominate someone who has gone above and beyond their normal day to day role. As a team we worked extremely well together, so this made the working day at Northern fun, hence why I spent 28 years there.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Northern trust
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London9 March 2017
I worked on target 2 securities, learnt about custody services. Northern Trust could improve how they run projects as IT is run out of the States and makes it difficult, great people to work with.
Pros
homeworking
Cons
long commute
Good place to work for.
Officer (Current Employee) –  London, United Kingdom7 March 2017
Nice and relaxed team
good work life balance
Gives opportunity to learn new skills by performing variety of activities within the team.
n/a
Client Services Investment operations (Current Employee) –  London3 March 2017
depend on what your role is it ok for me but not a lot of chance to move around within the company....................................................
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangaluru21 February 2017
- Great opputunity to grow
- Personal development through various projects and e-learnings
- Supportive management
- Professional workspace culture
- New challanges at work which increases confidence and gives experience to face different scenario's
Good and Fun area
Funds Administrator (Former Employee) –  Luxembourg25 January 2017
Good and focused at work
Enjoy all the working professionals and Managers
Prefer to work in the United Kingdom
Needed to relocate back to the United Kingdom.
Lovely Atmosphere
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London23 January 2017
A lovely place to work, all the collages were friendly and sociable.
Everything was neat and tidy. located in a good place as well
Pros
Free Travel
Forward looking supportive environment
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London3 January 2017
Work was about 30% BAU, 70% project with a full range, from connecting a PC, access switches, structured cabling and choosing routers or switches for new office installs. Other work focused on security, firewalls and intrusion detection.

There was some weekend work and some European travel, managers and staff were friendly and open. My favourite part was problem solving and the least enjoyable costing equipment.

I was in the running club and walked 100k with a team from NT over the south downs during the summer.
Pros
Fair treatment when the job role ended
Cons
Some weekend work was scheduled at very short notice
Professional working environment
Transfer Agency Analyst (Former Employee) –  London22 September 2016
For one year I acted as the principle point of contact and advocated (for both clients and businesses) for any custody administration delivery issues or concerns as a Client Service Representative at the Northern Trust. I possess advanced prioritisation skills which are reflected by achieving two Celebrate Grate rewards along with my prompt responsiveness to queries/escalations related to the invoice approvals
Enjoyable
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London30 August 2016
I really enjoyed working in the city for the first time, although i wasn't actually working I still thrived off of the city enviroment.
A large custodian bank
Lead Busines (Former Employee) –  London22 August 2016
A slow paced project with limited ability subject matter experts.

Good work like balance

Work from home allowed

Consultants and contract majority of staff on project

Management inexperienced
Review
Technical Dealing Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf19 January 2016
A self motivated fund analyst that works to a professional standard who looks after daily pricing and technical dealing enquiries. Previous experience of Client Services and promoting the importance of strong work ethic and what I can offer to a client. Able to work indepdently and within a team of others. Previously managed a team that took on a transition of a new client. Responsible for system access and training programmes for new starters. Efficient with Excel due to taking part on Intermediate and Advanced level courses. I enjoy learning new things every day especially within my role to further my development.
Open plan and fun environment
Sr Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 October 2015
I provided secretarial support to the Global Head and his team. My daily duties included arranging meetings, responding to emails, creating presentations, travel arrangements and expenses.

I also ordered stationery for the whole team on a weekly basis.
Pros
Part time hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Trust Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Northern Trust Corp. Reviews by Location