Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust

Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews
The Medicine Speciality Teams are very busy environments to work within. Due to this, they forge very strong administration teams, and I have thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to manage one such team. I have had a strong strategic management team above me, who have pushed me to try for personal and professional improvement.
This can be a fast paced profession, you are however able to approach and discuss any concerns and or worries. Very regular team meetings with the opportunity to discuss all aspects of the job. There is the opportunity to speak to your team leader/ manager one to one also.
Pros
Support
Cons
Changing shifts
Bullying is rife, unless your managers pet then you get away with it. if you make a complaint about it, it gets brushed under a carpet and things get worse for you. No proper training by the ' techs ' either. they are not fully and properly trained themselves. you cant learn everything in a month. the equipment is old very, old in some cases and usually gets bodged back together with super glue. the newer equipment is so flimsy and cheap its unbelievable its apparently safe to go out and be used. Unless your a brown noser then stay away its not worth it. the staff turn over is shocking.
I came from private industry into the NHS and expected high standards, all I found was the lowest of work quality in regards to nearly everything to the loss of ISO 9000 in 2 departments and nobody cared. If you are non-medical staff you are second class and are ignored. Poor supplies of equipment to the point that all the technical staff had to bring in there own tools and any spares they could find at home to complete the work. Most of the abuse my team received was not the public but the medical staff. All complaints covered up to make the hospitals look good to the public and management that you would not trust to change a bed pan.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, ever increasing workloads and no extra pay, if they get it right.
The only thing that kept me going to work was my immediate colleagues. All my issues were caused by management- incompetant bullies, only concerned with reporting figures no concern for patient care
good staff friendly pharmacy department can be more organised and supportive at times, in general good progression, can improved on helping new starters and providing more training
I do not recommend working here whatsoever. Huge bullying culture, no chance of progressing, your skills are not appreciated and you’re asked to do tasks you are not paid for. Management discuss your personal business with others out loud for everyone to hear. One rule for one and one for another. Concerns are never taken seriously and patients and employees alike are treated as numbers rather than human beings. Avoid avoid avoid.
I was a podiatry assistant and have just finished. All i can say is the podiatry team are all amazing and i have enjoyed every moment working for them. I worked at Scunthorpe hospital and have developed so many new skills from the podiatry team at the diabetes centre which has helped me to get into uni so i can go study to become a podiatrist. I dont have a bad word to say about this job role or the staff. Will miss them all and hopefully in 3 years i will work along side them all again as a qualified podiatrist.
Pros
Great team support and all very friendly. Great for obtaining new skills.
Cons
Great to be a part of this NHS Trust. Lots of opportunities are available here. I gained multiple qualifications whilst working here and I would recommend it.
Increasing demands due to ageing population. Very rewarding when wards are staffed correctly and good patient care can be given. Good to work as a team
Nice job, worked with great people but long shifts and no flexibility for when you lose your mobility as I have due to severe arthritis. Good salary but lots of responsibility for it.
Pros
Working with tiny babies
Cons
Long shifts, unsociable hours
The staff within the Accident and Emergency department are very warm and welcoming. The running of the department by the sister in charge is managed very well.
Working for NLaG has been a big learning curve for me on so many levels. Not only because I have come from South Africa and had wrongly made certain assumptions based on the fact that South Africa used to be a UK Colony and thought that the two cultures would be fairly similar.
I have learned a lot of new skills considering I have completely changed my career as I am a qualified Tool, Jig & Die Maker and served 4 years at sea in the merchant marines as a junior marine engineer. I get on with most people and find that I am a far better people person that ever before. I am still not fully confident in the top level management at NLaG but I am not alone there and who is ever fully confident in the management of the company they work for.

On the whole I am very happy with my job and am would like a weekend job to help with the growing costs of living as this is always increasing at a massive rate but earnings do not keep up.
Pros
Work with people a lot in my job and feel I am quite good at this.
Cons
As with all positions, there is always so much more to learn, but at least I am eager to do so.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7