Northern Gas and Power

Northern Gas and Power Employee Reviews

Featured review
Northern Gas and Power selected this as a representative review
I love my job at northern gas and power it is one of the best places I have ever worked. I have worked within the energy industry for a lot of years and still manage to gain more knowledge being around these very skilled managers. We have high targets to achieve with very good insentives. I aim to over achieve all targets by setting my personal goals higher than the business goals. This allows me to live the life I lead.
Pros
Fun place to work very knowledgeable.
Cons
3 hours talk time per day.
where do I begin...... if your looking for job security you will not get it here, they will find a reason to fire you. They talk to you disrespectfully. If you dont hit your 3hours talk time they will make you say behind if you dont they will fire you. They have way to many staff for how many businesses are in the UK 9 times out of 10 you will get told "I have had 4 calls from this company today"This isnt like wolf of wall street least that is funny where as this company is not. Find another brokerage.
Pros
no pros apart from 9-5
Cons
everything
Horrible place to work. Only pro is fair salaries and good bonuses. The company has no morals as they look to Rip off businesses to make as much money as they can off them not caring if it financially cripples there customers. While I was there the owners and directors actively looked to employ “fit lasses” not caring if they were right for the role. They once advertised on Facebook that they wanted girls who were rated 7/10 or over on their looks. Disgusting
Pros
Decent money
Cons
No morals, sexist, no loyalty towards staff.
Fast paced environment where your biggest competition are the people sat next to you. Often treated like children whilst mindlessly ringing anywhere and everywhere across the country without any real direction. Witnessed people burst into tears on more than one occasion due to the extreme stress.
By far the best place ive worked at! the help and benefits are second to none, the work life balance is unreal. Actually deliver on the promises they give too, uncapped comission! December off!
Good place to work, very fast paced and target driven. Head has to be in the right place when you walk through the door otherwise you will not succeed that day. Can be very stressful if everyone is not on target.
The training is inadequate if you have no energy market experience and ongoing coaching is poor. The training does not help new starters in with dealing with objections and getting past gate keepers.
very fast paced target based outbound sales. very aggressive management style. excellent staff and sales people. work hard play hard ethos. cold calling businesses constantly all day with a massive emphasis on achieving 3 hrs talk time by the end of the day.
working for NGP gives you alot of benifits like free nights out december off and working in a tough but fun enviorment, you are required to work hard but the benifits are there is you work hard enough,
Hard work but great rewards. Culture is fantastic with lot's of incentives and bonuses up for grabs. The industry as a whole is a little cut-throat so be prepared for that.
this is a good company to work for. the rewards are great. Down side, The stress levels are higher than anyplace i have known and some times questionable. i would always recommend this business as its a life changer
Pros
great bonus
Cons
very stressfull
My contracted hours were 9-5 however I worked from 8:30-7 every weekday as I wanted to give my all to the company. I thoroughly enjoyed the job and the atmosphere in the office. I was passionate and put everything I had into helping the company progress and excel. I also made sure my team had a great work/life balance and an enjoyable atmosphere to work in. I loved working with NGP, from working with the Directors, Founder of the company and staff directly; I couldn't have asked for a better work experience. I hope the company continue to grow and progress further.
Account Managers...no your not,you work ina call centre. If you believe the hype you’ll be a millionaire haha. Company suits the age range of 18 - 23 because the reality is you’ll have a manager the no management skill. Plus side.. December off work on pay but the staff retention level is only about 5% which speaks volumes & companies don’t get the best utilities deal, they get the one that gives NGP the biggest kick back, simple as that.
Pros
Christmas off
Cons
Believing the hype
My typical day at work was to pick up the phone. I had a target of 3 hours talk time per day and was expected to hit sales targets also. I would ring my existing clients along with potential new clients to bring in new business for the company. I would say the hardest part of the job was meeting KPIs but you have to put the work in if you are to do that, I would describe myself as a focused hard worker that will strive to do my best with tasks given. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people around me as I am a people person, I enjoy talking to people from all walks of life
Not nice management skills, constantly treat like a child and is equal to been part of a cult, if you are not 'one of them' then they will make your working life miserable.
If you enjoy working in office full of wolfs then you will be howling. Great view from the office, make sure to call there bluff on a salary. A lot stricter than other consultancies and they want more.
Great place to work! Great laugh with the guys in the office and the atmosphere is electric on the floor! The Company is on the up and up so why wait to join?? You will not find a better place
This is a million percent the best place to work in the North East of England. Never had an issue from day one because all issues are dealt with in house by great team. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to progress in their career.
Pros
Commission, Lifestyle
Cons
This is the best company in the North East to work for, great support, friendly atmosphere and amazing perks. You get rewarded for hard work and the staff are incredible.
Pros
Atmosphere, rewards and people.
Cons
Working with Northern Gas and Power has been a great career move for me. If you are willing to put the hard work in you will get rewarded with money you will get rewarded with personal achievement.
Pros
Great incentives and great colleagues with a family atmosphere
Cons
n/a
I can honestly say it is the best career decision I've made to date. We have a great team with a fantastic working culture and genuine opportunities for career progression. The benefits and incentives available are unrivalled across the energy sector. Everyone across the team is supportive and approachable, it really does make you feel like part of a family.